• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4lukin2

Banned
Who gives a fuck about individual retard era posters. They choose to post there so why should we give a fuck when they get banned?

Majority of them dropped this place at the barest hint of a rumour against evilore, why should we cheer for them when they come crawling back

I find it humorous how ridiculous it can get. But I will stop now. I just found that thread to be entertaining, because everyone turned on the mods. I will not bring up the other place again.

C4lukin2

Banned
NOOOOOO!!!! DON'T BANS US PRECIOUS!!! DON'T BANS US TO THE INTERNETS!!!

giphy.gif

Withdrew claim of racisim. Reported again for a gif that is less frames per a second that I find satisfying.

Last edited:

odd_hatch

Keep the threads coming. This is a perfect reminder of how important freedom of speech is and how good we have it here.

Still, I can't believe this is real. I would have never thought society (or whatever elite is controlling it) would spiral out of control like that. This SJW stuff was supposed to be a joke in 2016, when is it gonna end?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I don’t even post there anymore. I just can’t.

Look, my politics don’t align with Gaf at all. I’m anti Trump, very left wing, and hate Boris with a passion. But I at least understand that people don’t think like me, and that’s ok. So, I stay on Gaf.

But there? I’ve been temp banned for making a joke before. A JOKE. Not racist, sexist or anything. Just a joke. And It was deemed inappropriate, so be gone with me.

I just don’t have time for that bullshit. If you over step the line, then yeah slap the wrist and do what you gotta do. But when the line is essentially so fucking stupid you can be banned for a full stop being in the wrong place, well... Go fuck yourself .

CyberPanda

Banned
I don’t even post there anymore. I just can’t.

Look, my politics don’t align with Gaf at all. I’m anti Trump, very left wing, and hate Boris with a passion. But I at least understand that people don’t think like me, and that’s ok. So, I stay on Gaf.

But there? I’ve been temp banned for making a joke before. A JOKE. Not racist, sexist or anything. Just a joke. And It was deemed inappropriate, so be gone with me.

I just don’t have time for that bullshit. If you over step the line, then yeah slap the wrist and do what you gotta do. But when the line is essentially so fucking stupid you can be banned for a full stop being in the wrong place, well... Go fuck yourself .
They did you a favour by banning you. Think of it as a ‘cleanse’. Lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Haha, yeah I'm old and married now. I haven't figured out how to handle dieting and marriage. I was a feisty poster years back.

My account never was disabled nor is it over there or the bire. I just go where the discussion is and right now era is at a crossroads. These new ban policies are not conductive to discussion.

You're welcome here, at any rate.

ManaByte

Gold Member
They’re releasing a new Wonder Woman trailer today, so prepare for another Gal Gadot Era hate thread where the anti-semites call her a baby killer for being a personal trainer in her two years of mandatory IDF service.

nush

They’re releasing a new Wonder Woman trailer today, so prepare for another Gal Gadot Era hate thread where the anti-semites call her a baby killer for being a personal trainer in her two years of mandatory IDF service.

I'm just excited to see the new trailer.

chris121580

This thread goes the way you expect it to. So many insufferable people there

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Yup, agree totally. That’s why I tend to keep my political stuff on the down low here and don’t usually mention it.

It's cool, I'm really liberal too and post in politics sometimes. You won't get banned here for having a different opinion like you will at ResetEra. It's nice too because you can disagree with someone there, then come here and still laugh in unity at Ree. Or just chat games in Gaming. Whatever.

They already started. God forbid a woman love her country.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
They already started. God forbid a woman love her country.

Oh it's even dumber than that. The "tolerant" Goebbels of ResetEra believe she was slaughtering Palestinian children in the IDF. When in reality she was looking hot as a personal trainer.

eot

Banned
Locked to protect Mary-Sue, ... I mean Rey:

It amazes me that some reporter would ask that question. That's what you want to know from her? It's like they're making her take a purity test unannounced lol, it's so fucking disingenuous.

benjipwns

Banned
Unlike the cowardly Mrs. Gadot, the highly principled members of ResetERA.com would have resisted conscription no matter the cost.

Mods, please ban anyone who disagrees with me on this so that I can continue to feel safe here, thanks.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
With all due respect, do you think anyone here gives a shit about what happens in the other place man? Don’t mind talking about it but definitely doesn’t deserve it’s own thread. Join here please to understand the fuckery they’ve been living in

Dammit I was asleep what did I miss

There is no discussion regarding that Hillary Clinton on Stern thread? It’s a classic.
Also, I hate the idea of people trolling Era from here. It’s much more interesting to watch it knowing that people are being sincere.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It amazes me that some reporter would ask that question. That's what you want to know from her? It's like they're making her take a purity test unannounced lol, it's so fucking disingenuous.

Interviewer (who has blue hair): "I see you have an undergrad in CS. That is great, very nice. And even some supervisory experience. A big plus! However, as an asian person, how do you process your magical ability to do math better than everyone else. OTHERS, such as, say, your black friend there"

*Interviewer points at black friend, who like the asian interviewee, has no idea why the fuck this question is being asked*

You: "I thought we were here to have an interview about the my part in the play Cats?"

Interviewer (who's blue hair is now suddenly glowing): "So you admit that you're a terrible person and don't acknowledge your magical powers of privilege?!"

drganon

RetardEra and their victimhood complex

I can see why famous people of any profession hate talking to the media. Just dumb question after dumb question. You're better off not even entertaining the question and just telling the interviewer to screw off.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I wonder if they're the same posters who were trying to argue that the bruce lee scene in the tarantino movie was "the deletion of decades of anti asian racism".

I keep coming back to the fact that literally everyone on the mod team was okay with Ketkat's ban. They've managed to bring some semblance of stability back to the site (at least on the surface), but there's zero chance there won't be more fallout from the staff and members not being on the same page with that. This is one reason I expect to see other long-standing mods retire by the end of the month if not sooner.

elektrokats

Banned
Man, things getting crazier over there. Seems like everyday there is now 1-2 threads completely spiraling out of control and being locked.

This thread also seems to be increasing in activity too.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Man, things getting crazier over there. Seems like everyday there is now 1-2 threads completely spiraling out of control and being locked.

This forum, in general, seems a lot more lively lately. Resetera seems to be pissing off people daily and sending them back here. But yeah the locked threads are seemingly increasing daily. The threads over there are pretty predictable every day.

Fuck trump/conservatives
We heart Star Wars
Fuck da police
Fuck capitalism
Fuck trump some more

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:

Plague Doctor

Gold Member

They attempting to run a totalitarian and inconsistent rule over their own forum. They are enacting and endorsing clearly hypocritical standpoints that doesn't pass their own purity tests. Some people are beginning to realize this and there are other making a mad dash for optic victories by gaming the moderation rules. Each person they ban cements the forum's negative reputation to a growing audience watching on now for the spectacle.

This is kind of inevitable, and 2020 will be a bumpy ride. Better to rubberneck here for laughs. Besides, we actually talk about games.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Banned
This forum, in general, seems a lot more lively lately. Resetera seems to be pissing off people daily and sending them back here. But yeah the locked threads are seemingly increasing daily. The threads over there are pretty predictable every day.

Fuck trump/conservatives
We heart Star Wars
Fuck da police
Fuck capitalism
Fuck trump some more

Am I missing anything?

Censorship Good
Fuck White People
Trans people are being murdered every second
My life is so hard and I blame everyone else for it.
Marxism is the way of the future

Just a few to add to the growing list of retardation that is Era.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Fuck trump/conservatives
We heart Star Wars
Fuck da police
Fuck capitalism
Fuck trump some more

Am I missing anything?

Fuck Hillary must be one of the most surprising twists I must admit I did not see coming

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i mean, i would say "It's a shame they are introducing political questions into Star Wars" if the last mainline film hadn't repeatedly rammed politics down our throats. it's not like the media or the franchise has no part in introducing these themes. the last movie had a whole "rich people are evil because they profit from war" and she is literally a rich white person profiting from glorifying wars by staring in these movies where she gets turned on by the same genocidal madman who tortured her a day earlier. the journalist was entirely in the right to bring this up at this point.

it is funny to see the usual crew claiming a "lack of nuance" and "ignoring context". all the folks that handwave the crappy treatment of Finn and yell bigot at anyone who questions Rey's arc. the kind of shit they pull day in day out on anyone who dares put a video on youtube giving their opinion on a movie they paid to see. LOL and now they are straight up attacking journalists for asking the same political questions they constantly bring up. full of shit hypocrites.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Hey the main page only has like 5 Star Wars threads today. Slow over there today?

What is the neckbeard soy boy fascination with these new Star Wars movies. I honestly don't get it.
1rb0sj.jpg

=

0e1.jpg

You’re talking about people whose entire decisions and existence are dictated by the things they see in popular culture, that half-live in fantasy worlds and childhood memories, and compare everything to them.

Add in Star Wars’ rich history with that, and Disney’s deep pockets to get these things promoted everywhere in pop culture, as well as the movies beginning to back up social justice dogma, and you have a recipe for Consoomers to freak.

Any more "Fuck Trump" comments, and I swear Era must have some secret fetish to literally have Intercourse with him as they don't add any meaningful context behind it.

Some state he is racist, sexist and all sorts under the sun, but when 90% are just saying "Fuck Trump", I think what they really mean is they want him on top of them, grabbing them by the "girl Dick" or perhaps trying it the other way.

Mass Era graves will be "Here lies *Internet Nickname*: Trump Hater, LGBT activist, Never worked a Day in their life, saw themselves as Black/Gay/Trans/Girl Dick/Virgin" when that site implodes of the whataboutism they promote.

Ron Mexico

Any more "Fuck Trump" comments, and I swear Era must have some secret fetish to literally have Intercourse with him as they don't add any meaningful context behind it.

Some state he is racist, sexist and all sorts under the sun, but when 90% are just saying "Fuck Trump", I think what they really mean is they want him on top of them, grabbing them by the "girl Dick" or perhaps trying it the other way.

Mass Era graves will be "Here lies *Internet Nickname*: Trump Hater, LGBT activist, Never worked a Day in their life, saw themselves as Black/Gay/Trans/Girl Dick/Virgin" when that site implodes of the whataboutism they promote.
They hate Trump so much because he’s a populist that plays for the other side.

Feels like they’ve been beaten at their own game by someone who has tapped into the sense of tribalism they so desperately crave. Even the use of twitter— how dare someone use their megaphone of choice to shout a message they don’t like?

I say this as not a Trump guy especially as a homeowner in a high tax blue state. I’m also a career banker so neither party does much for me in their current iterations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom