• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
muahahahahahaha they banned me for this post

Hilarious... You don't understand their logic, though. Of course it's OK for POC to voice white characters or play traditionally white roles. That's to be welcomed and encouraged. It's only a problem when a character is created as a POC and a white person gets the role.

Fuck Chucklefish for seriously apologizing to these maniacs and throwing their voice talent under the bus. Abasing themselves and groveling for giving people work simply because they had the wrong skin color. Disgusting.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The "whataboutism" isn't the dumb part of that, it's the word "racist." There was nothing racist about your post whatsoever. The gatekeepers likely have no social interactions or friends whatsoever, the last people on the planet who would be qualified to know anything about racism or having actually experienced it on any level. Not to mention you don't even need to there, it's just pure common sense.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
They vetted me and even told me that I was vetted, but used the excuse that I wasn't an actual game developer. Without that "verified" label, I was continuously trolled as being a "know-it-all".

So I am guessing you work on middleware or something?

Anyway that is stupid. They verify "journalists" and the guys from Digital Foundry (who do a great job at what they do: informing the public, but they aren't devs).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For you GAFFERs wanting a laugh, go to that Wargroove thread and count the number of users banned. It's got to be among the highest ratios of user bans compared to total posts.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hilarious... You don't understand their logic, though. Of course it's OK for POC to voice white characters or play traditionally white roles. That's to be welcomed and encouraged. It's only a problem when a character is created as a POC and a white person gets the role.
That's the way it's been for probably about 15 years?

Before that, whites and non-white characters basically stuck to its own and nobody cared. And nobody cared about voice actor ethnic background linking to media character background.

Now it's one sided.

Pretty dumb. But as usual, white people usually don't care. This goes for jokes, media, cartoon characters etc...... It's just the way it's always been. White people don't care so much. If Cinderella is played by Moesha in that 1999 movie (whomever it was), no Whitey really cares even though Cinderella has been a blonde for 100 years.

But if let's say Blade was changed into a white guy, you'd get people moaning and complaining.

People like to fight for scraps.

In that Wargroove thread, some guy brought up that Kratos (Greek myth) is actually voiced by black guys. I never knew that, but that's a good point. I've never heard any Greeks (or even any Europeans living nearby) complaining.......... and the user got banned for bringing that up. LOL

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
You can whine all you want about the terminology of the thread title but you're absolutely deflecting.
Do you think an attack is warranted on an indie developer for not having black people voice black characters?

ELHGfz6XUAItik2

Response from the developer explaining what happened. An apology if you will.
“We appreciate everybody who took the time to share their concerns and educate us.

Jesus Christ. How pathetic can you get?

“I would like to state for the record that the freedom fighters have been treating us well and we are in good health. We are not prisoners, but here voluntarily. We have realised the error of our ways. Down with the western imperialists. Praise be to (insert deity).”

GymWolf

Gold Member
LOL, now they're even attacking the casting director who made an undeserved effort explaining in detail how the vas were cast.

IT'S NEVER ENOUGH

wtf they are destroying her...

fuck me this people are out of control, wtf seriously?!

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
I applaud ResetEra for acknowledging the gaming side of their forum is an issue. They should just ban everyone for talking about gaming not in the context of social justice. Finally, Era is honest with themselves and realizing they aren't a gaming forum.

Last edited:

dolabla

So job numbers just came in today and the US is booming. Checked REE out to see what they're saying.

I love how Trump is fighting for fair trade from EU and China all while having awesome job numbers at the same time. And people swore China had all the leverage over us.

Result:

User Banned (duration pending): Inflammatory comments, history of infractions, account in junior phase

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They really should get rid of those vague, pretentious ban messages. Just say exactly why they were banned.

User Banned (duration pending): Trump supporter.

User Banned (duration pending): Wrong opinion, dispshit.

User Banned (duration pending): Not nearly left enough.

User Banned (duration pending): Oh yeah, well, your facts can't hurt us, NAZI!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
wtf they are destroying her...

fuck me this people are out of control, wtf seriously?!
Big mistake by Wargroove dev for responding.

When a lynch mob is banging on your door, sometimes it's better to barricade the door and hide in the basement.

Going outside to confront a mob who is surrounding you with pitchforks, torches, rope, with a chair placed under a tree branch is NOT the best way to diffuse a situation.

It's almost the weekend too. Let things die off and see where things are at next week.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

When a lynch mob is banging on your door, sometimes it's better to barricade the door and hide in the basement.

Going outside to confront a mob who is surrounding you with pitchforks, torches, rope, with a chair placed under a tree branch is NOT the best way to diffuse a situation.

It's almost the weekend too. Let things die off and see where things are at next week.

I imagine the voice actors they did hire sure feel like shit right now. Having the business partner that hired you and was celebrating your work a moment ago basically out there licking the boots of a bunch of sad losers and trying to repent for the sin of not factoring skin color into their hiring process. Basically saying they are all of the sudden sorry they hired you because your skin color was wrong and they will try to do better by making sure they don't make the mistake of hiring anyone who looks like you in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

What frustrates me is that this was sooo obvious. Happened so many times. I don't believe Chucklefish didn't know about these mechanisms, especially since one of them posts on Resetera.

Sigh

Dear developers, PLEASE stop pandering to the outrage crowd! 🤦‍♀️

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So job numbers just came in today and the US is booming. Checked REE out to see what they're saying.

Result:

That’s crazy. Perfectly reasonable (and true) comment and banned...most likely forever.

The thread is full of pissed off and angry people over good jobs numbers. No positivity allowed.

IIRC, TangFei is black and one of the posters that thought performing wrestling moves an old woman was a bad thing. I guess he could have been a troll, but who knows.

I do appreciate them being for forth coming over there and banning anyone not saying ORANGE MAN BAD.

I imagine over time it will become a prerequisite to put some form of Trump sucks! In all your posts, like a signature.

pseudo 8)
Trump sucks!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Haha they are turning against each other now? Gaming side vs off topic side!!!

I declare Feistyboots a superhero by the way: Resetera Man. His super power is being all minorities and disabilities combined into one and getting maximum amounts of pity for it.
He's also a troll.

If Resetera Man doesn't stick, I go for Rolodex Man. Every day he goes through a 400 card rolodex and randomly picks a divisive view to irritate the board.

Just recently he pulled card #176:

AutismEra
- Irritate the board bringing up a niche group
- Plant AutismEra post on a message board and disappear for a bit letting the board fester is stupidity

Last edited:

Kev Kev

if homeboy turns out to be a troll, he deserves some kind of award. maybe just some hookers and a bunch of cocaine... but shit, we gotta do something cause that'd be some glorious, epic shit.

600Breezy

Someone just dropped a tidbit on IQ.

dWZXRCx.png

Is this the only time SJW's care about science?

FiestyCunt is autistic as well. What a surprise.

600Breezy

LOL, now they're even attacking the casting director who made an undeserved effort explaining in detail how the vas were cast.

IT'S NEVER ENOUGH

quote from Ubran Scholar in that thread “I like to point out this isn't complaining but rightful criticism of an industry problem, that over looks people like myself.”

take one look at his avi. I get uncontrollably mad every time I see it. Urban scholar lmao. Looks like a fuckin fruit loop

dream

This is all very interesting . At a young age I was diagnosed with ADHD . Later I was diagnosed with Asperger's.
Now as an adult no one will diagnose me with either.

My memory improved with medication, mirtazapine and clonidine.
When I am not on medication I can't remember to save my life, like quite literally I was almost fired due to memory problems. When I was threatened with being fired I somehow managed to get my memory to work for a bit.

Imagine that.

nush

When you try you pull SJW shit in real life.

MQLkF0d.png

8IZ2h8Q.png

this-is-not-going-to-go-the-way-you-think-gif-3.gif

FIoFilB.png

Congratulations on either soon not working for a Fortune 500 company or finding your career advancement within that company stalled.

All just to call out and old dude who's only got a few weeks left working there. I'm pretty sure this guy was not aware of that fact before he put himself in the firing line, or he did and he's really fucking stupid.

UPDATE: He really Is that fucking stupid.

SbTNTDx.png

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT...

Read this nonsense. Wow. They're going all in!

We will also be making greater efforts to identify and take harsher action against subtler bad faith behaviour, such as: speaking over marginalised voices, concern trolling in sensitive threads, and dismissive drive-by posting. This is something that we have already started to implement, and will be further enforced and made routine as we close out the year. You can find some examples of such behaviour in our General Guide under the ‘Dismissive and Disruptive Behavior’ section (please understand that these are merely examples, and the list is not meant to be exhaustive). In this regard we ask that the community help us by giving detailed reports and cooperating with staff. If a member has a history of subtly trolling such threads with posts that might otherwise fly under the radar, providing a report that proves such a pattern can help the available staff take appropriate action.

Please, prominent LGBT+ members.. tell us who you want banned, we shall do your bidding.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Do they realize that what they're calling "whataboutism" is literally "making a comparison?" Like, that's not even being reductive. That's actually what they're punishing.

Which is kind of hilarious to me, as someone with a law background. Like, the entirety of our legal system is based on whataboutism. I'm just envisioning a dystopian future where a lawyer's in a courtroom and makes a pretty good point to defend his client, and the judge slams his gavel and yells "WHATABOUTISM" and throws the lawyer out of court.

tl;dr: you should cyberbully these nerds.

ManaByte

Gold Member
HOLY SHIT...

Please, prominent LGBT+ members.. tell us who you want banned, we shall do your bidding.

Bannings will continue until you confirm.

nush

HOLY SHIT...

Our revised policy is more trigger happy bans, helping YOU to rack up more infractions quicker than ever to get permabanned.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
To facilitate this effort, we are also cutting some red tape and giving moderators who have a personal understanding and perspective of the issues at stake more latitude to moderate threads of a sensitive nature. The benefit of this is that problematic posters should be removed more quickly, which will hopefully have a positive effect on the quality of threads.

Yeah...
That sounds like a great idea!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Feisty Boots, if you are reading this GAF thread, make sure to always supplement your awesome clickbait posts with a mandatory preamble stressing you've been abused, a trans person, unemployed etc.....

Makes it harder to get banned, as mods don't want to look like their are dumping on their own kind.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY SHIT...

Oh man... 2020 is going to be fucking wild.

600Breezy

When you try you pull SJW shit in real life.

MQLkF0d.png

8IZ2h8Q.png

this-is-not-going-to-go-the-way-you-think-gif-3.gif

FIoFilB.png

Congratulations on either soon not working for a Fortune 500 company or finding your career advancement within that company stalled.

All just to call out and old dude who's only got a few weeks left working there. I'm pretty sure this guy was not aware of that fact before he put himself in the firing line, or he did and he's really fucking stupid.

UPDATE: He really Is that fucking stupid.

SbTNTDx.png

I’m generally in the room when issues like this are discussed, even though my position is not related to HR in any way.

I can guarantee you this: the second this child left the room, HR would have erupted in laughter 😂. What people like this don’t get is HR’s entire M.O is to protect people in senior leadership and make sure the cattle in lower positions are kept in check.

this retard thinks this is Twitter or RetardEra where you report someone and the mods are straight on it hahaha. What a shock he’s going to get when he realises that he’s just fucked up his entire career at this place.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't know how any normal people could want to post there. You have to be walking on egg shells constantly. You can't even be a normal person. It's a cult-like dictatorship.

It will eat itself alive eventually, but I think it'll take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom