• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Krakn3Dfx

Their next game should be Dragon's Dogma.

Strongly-Agree-Yes-Reaction-Gif.gif

Wait--this supports 3D? So if I plug my Surface Pro into my 3DTV I can play this in 3D??

Please say yes.

Well I still don't know yet, because my UK VPN started unlocking the game, but also downloading a 500 megabyte patch verrrrrry slowly before I could play, that wasn't going to finish before midnight EST anyway, so I'm back off the VPN and waiting half an hour along with everyone else.

Your surface pro won't work unless you buy something like TriDef 3D, and then you'll have to use a side by side output. Because I'm nice and not planning on getting much sleep tonight, I'll check out how it works in TriDef after I check it out in 3D Vision on my HMZ.

Resident Evil Revelations worked fantastic with 3D Vision, even though the game wasn't specifically made to work that way. I never tried it with TriDef as a result. We shall know very soon anyways. The inventory might go a bit wacky, as might the Codex esque moments, but gameplay and cutscenes will probably work great, aside from aiming with the rifle scope.

I'll hammer out detailed impressions once I've played a decent amount of the game and found a few different effects that sometimes cause issues. I'm very optimistic this will be about perfect though, just as Revelations was. DX9 games tend to work better out of the box, too.

This locking the game until midnight thing is so stupid whats the point? They've had their people streaming the whole game on Twitch all day so just fucking unlock it already

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Less shooting and more melee. Always look for the opportunity to run in and finish em off.

I have been, so I'm not really sure where all of my ammo is going. I may just be expecting more of it since the last RE I spent a lot of time with was Mercs on the 3DS.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Well I still don't know yet, because my UK VPN started unlocking the game, but also downloading a 500 megabyte patch verrrrrry slowly before I could play, that wasn't going to finish before midnight EST anyway, so I'm back off the VPN and waiting half an hour along with everyone else.

Your surface pro won't work unless you buy something like TriDef 3D, and then you'll have to use a side by side output. Because I'm nice and not planning on getting much sleep tonight, I'll check out how it works in TriDef after I check it out in 3D Vision on my HMZ.

Resident Evil Revelations worked fantastic with 3D Vision, even though the game wasn't specifically made to work that way. I never tried it with TriDef as a result. We shall know very soon anyways. The inventory might go a bit wacky, as might the Codex esque moments, but gameplay and cutscenes will probably work great, aside from aiming with the rifle scope.

I'll hammer out detailed impressions once I've played a decent amount of the game and found a few different effects that sometimes cause issues. I'm very optimistic this will be about perfect though, just as Revelations was. DX9 games tend to work better out of the box, too.

Well Resident Evil Revelations was exclusive to 3DS for a while...so even though capcom didn't give the pc release official 3D I'd still expect it to look decent with alternatives such as 3D vision especially with how certain scenes go.

I have been, so I'm not really sure where all of my ammo is going. I may just be expecting more of it since the last RE I spent a lot of time with was Mercs on the 3DS.

If you're playing on Professional, you're pretty much guaranteed to find yourself low on ammo for half the game if you aren't using the knife. It takes what, nine headshots to kill a standard enemy?

Consoles have first party exclusives, and third party ones often times as well. Dragon's Dogma is just a Capcom game using their primary engine that for some bizarre reason hasn't been ported. Game that needs it the most too given the performance issues.

The game will actually adjust how much ammo it gives you based on how much ammo you use, so keep that in mind.
At least you'll be rich. :/

No 16:10 support? Getting black bars at the top and bottom which are annoying because you can see tiny bits of the game sticking out of them.

goddamnit you guys, i know what's gonna happen. i'm gonna get to the castle and i'm gonna get stuck in that one room with the shiny floor and the safe room in the middle. i'm gonna barricade myself in there like i always do and die a lot and stop playing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
goddamnit you guys, i know what's gonna happen. i'm gonna get to the castle and i'm gonna get stuck in that one room with the shiny floor and the safe room in the middle. i'm gonna barricade myself in there like i always do and die a lot and stop playing.

A good tip is to not barricade yourself in there, I find its actually a lot harder. A lot of the enemy spawn points are near there.

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone playing using a DS4? Using software to emulate a 360 pad obviously, but the game seems to think I'm playing with the 360 pad AND a generic controller so the buttons are all over the place.

Tain

Completely forgot Professional was locked. shiiiiiiiit this is no good.

Any ideas on how I can skip spoiling things a little with a Normal mode playthrough?

Someone please tell me there's a way to customize the controls on this game. X for action? A for Run? Who the fuck did this?
I want my controls! X is the Ashley button dammit! Not RB! Someone needs to be fired!

ZeroCDR

So I'm having some really weird issues, with 4x and higher AA, the game cuts in half to 30FPS (Per FRAPS) and.. It runs in slow motion, it's really weird. At 2X and below it runs fine at 60.

This seems very unusual, I have an 1100T BE and a 6970 HD. I ran RE5 at 1080p max everything, 60FPS solid.

Top Bottom