• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I'm full on bass

oEeb4wg.jpg

your case is full. I think it's time to drop the bass.

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

Risible

Oh RE4 shotty how I love thee. So many playthroughs and it still gives me that banderas_so_good.gif feeling.

Got work in the morning so I gotta get to bed but I just had to get into a bit, did the village and hit the next typewriter. Tomorrow I shall continue the journey.

This is disgusting. Why can't I change the control type when using a generic controller!? So I either have to destroy all my muscle memory and learn stupid ass button layouts, OR deal with that crappy right stick aiming that I CAN'T EVEN CONFIGURE. UGH.

Tain

I'm having no issues here. Runs great at 60fps, sicknasty IQ.

A bit surprised that even the in-engine cutscenes are 60.

You guys can currently change the controls in the input.ini file in the game's folder.

I do hope they put it in game though.

Escape > Restart > Quit on Menu

I'm currently trying to figure out what I need to remap where, but I've already found the ini so ha!
Not very straightfoward though.

So 3D works okay if you have the horsepower to run the game at 60 fps in 3D (or don't mind running it at 30 fps). If you get the slow motion thing you have to drop your framerate down in game. Locked framerate = slow down if you can't maintain it, and I can't maintain 60 fps on my PC (my Nvidia card is a GTX 460 SE for the record), which is a shame as I had no issues in that regard with Revelations.

Shadows and certain pixel shader effects are definitely not rendering correctly, but I've seen much more distracting artifacts.

TriDef and 3D Vision work about as well as each other, although in TriDef be sure to pick the Generic Profile and not the Resident Evil 4 profile, which does some really weird things. In 2D, my HD7970 doesn't blink.

You guys can currently change the controls in the input.ini file in the game's folder.

I do hope they put it in game though.

Escape > Restart > Quit on Menu

Thanks man!

Game runs great. 60fps of buttery goodness. It actually looks great from what little I played. I was afraid the higher framerate would make the game feel off.

Now bring Dragon Dogma out Capcom!

Rizzi

Forgot this was out today.
Wish I had money left to spare, heh.
Maybe next week when they iron out the bugs a little.

Anyone playing using a DS4? Using software to emulate a 360 pad obviously, but the game seems to think I'm playing with the 360 pad AND a generic controller so the buttons are all over the place.

I'm getting a weird issue while using my DS4 where it keeps resetting the animation whenever I try to aim and move the laser sight. It's pretty much unplayable. I tried out the kb+m controls and wasn't feeling them either. Guess I'll have to whip out my 360 controller, which I haven't used in months.

Oh... Oh wow... The settings internally still refer to the buttons by their original designation... It's that they've simply told the game that the signals produced by the controller labelled "X" should be interpreted as button "A".
This... makes this more confusing.

realcZk

Alright, so I played up until 3-1 and decided it was time for a break. They did a good job with the port, the mouse controls aren't great but once you get used to it, they do fine.

So far, I have one question: how do you rotate items in the inventory?? :D

I'm a bit annoyed when switching to aim or knife it takes about a half second before you have control and can aim. That said, it runs very well and looks great. I'll probably just play this with the controller anyways so the mouse issue I have won't be a problem.

Grief.exe

I'm a bit annoyed when switching to aim or knife it takes about a half second before you have control and can aim. That said, it runs very well and looks great. I'll probably just play this with the controller anyways so the mouse issue I have won't be a problem.

Ya I noticed that too, makes things more cumbersome.

Uh, so how are the KBM controls?

Excellent! They even have the correct buttons for the on-screen prompts.

Huh.

The game is chugging at Fixed 30fps, lowest settings, and lowest resolution, windowed.

Something's wrong.

Even the PS3 version ran smoother on 30 fps than the locked 30 fps setting in this PC version. Stuttering like hell. There is definitely something wrong with that setting.

I better keep playing at 60 fps. The only thing I don't like are the water animations at 60 fps. The Water looks pretty noisy, sped up somehow.
Everything else looks fine to me.

rekameohs

Banned
Oh RE4 shotty how I love thee. So many playthroughs and it still gives me that banderas_so_good.gif feeling.

Got work in the morning so I gotta get to bed but I just had to get into a bit, did the village and hit the next typewriter. Tomorrow I shall continue the journey.
It's amazing how much better the shotguns in RE4 feel than any other shooter. And once you get the Striker... homerdrooling.gif

Miker

I'd actually like to see them implement customizable controller configurations. I'd much rather sprint be B, check be A, and inventory be Y. Why the hell is inventory bound to start in the first place?

If there's already a way to change them via .ini or something, let me know.

scitek

The 60fps animations are just borked. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about objects breaking, headshots, etc. being rendered at double speed, but it's really off-putting to me. I love how it looks at 60fps, but as it stands, it's not what I was hoping for.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Putting the game to 3 on post-process effects has some... Interesting results.

1024x576.resizedimage

I'd actually like to see them implement customizable controller configurations. I'd much rather sprint be B, check be A, and inventory be Y. Why the hell is inventory bound to start in the first place?

input.ini in the game's Steam folder.

Xyber

I don't even know why I get on Steam Forums...

cjw28w5.png

Well the game does have a pretty bad mouse lag, I wanted to use mouse and keyboard but had to go with the 360 controller instead and deal with the super annoying left stick aim. That thumb has never been trained to aim, so it just feels wrong and I died 3 times when you get to the first little village because I just couldn't aim properly. :p

I'm also a bit disappointed with locked 60fps (have 144Hz monitor), but I guess that's maybe an engine thing they can't just fix very easily.

Absolutely fine. This person is just upset that when running, the mouse controls the camera and doesn't make Leon turn.

To be fair, with the current setup, it's feels very tough to run and turn at the same time with the keyboard. Try holding shift + a + w all at once! I played RE5 earlier today with kb/m and it spoiled me :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
To be fair, with the current setup, it's feels very tough to run and turn at the same time with the keyboard. Try holding shift + a + w all at once! I played RE5 earlier today with kb/m and it spoiled me :p

To also be fair though, you likely played it as it is now, post-fixes, while RE4 just released. RE5, RE6, and Revelations all had some problems first at launch, but were quirkly addressed by Capcom.

collige

Banned
I'm pretty happy with 60FPS, but like others have said, some of the animations are weird. The textures are a bit of a mixed bag. Some of them, especially the wood ones, are totally out of place. The post processing could be cool, but the defaults are kinda ugly. Is there a way of changing how post processing works a la ENB?

There is, but the on screen prompts don't change. Just swap around the button numbers in the input.ini file that's in the game's folder in steamapps/common.

Top Bottom