• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
knife should be controlled with wasd
there needs to be an auto-reload button
and please Capcom put in a vsync option

All should be put into the game, I agree, but also all of this can be changed in the game's folders. Vsync has an option that can be turned on or off in the Documents > My Games > Capcom > RE4 folder, controls can be changed in the Steam > Steamapps > Resident Evil 4 > RE4 folder in the input.ini file.

Grief.exe

So the Punisher is garbage and I should just sell it? I was skimming people's tier lists and it was never even mentioned.

Is there a way to remove ammo from the magazine before I sell it?

Tain

wellp if someone beats this within the next 24 hours please send me your save file so I can play Professional thanks~

To also be fair though, you likely played it as it is now, post-fixes, while RE4 just released. RE5, RE6, and Revelations all had some problems first at launch, but were quirkly addressed by Capcom.

Fair enough. On the controller I keep using the knife when I want to aim my gun too. I just can't seem to get used to anything lol

So the Punisher is garbage and I should just sell it? I was skimming people's tier lists and it was never even mentioned.

It's the best pistol for crowds by far. It's *slightly* less damaging than the normal Handgun, so most people just call it shit and call it a day. In reality, it's highly valuable in the Castle, where it can easily tear up enemies behind wooden shields, and even past that using one bullet to hit 2 (Or 5!) enemies is useful.

And no.

UrbanRats

Not directed at you but I personally I find the port begging quite delicious that's it's almost worth it to be kept console-exclusive for that alone. Consoles gotta have something.

Just to be clear, i have both DD and DA on ps3 and clocked several hours on both, but you know... i'd double dip hard.

Anyway, sorry for the OT.

You'll have to forgive me if this has already been mentioned but where can I find the config file for the video settings? The in-game res selection is 800x600 and 1024x768. And I'd really like to play the game at a proper resolution. So.

Teknoman

your case is full. I think it's time to drop the bass.

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

I didn't even know that was possible, I just thought, 'what if I knife these fish?'

gif-funny-fish-drop-the-bass-dubstep-1360368319.gif

Best series of posts ever.

collige

Banned

Yeah, kinda. Its final upgrade is pretty lame compared to the other handguns and the damage is pretty low. I usually keep the Red9 for most playthroughs, but the starting gun and Blacktail are legit too.

Miker

There is, but the on screen prompts don't change. Just swap around the button numbers in the input.ini file that's in the game's folder in steamapps/common.

What are the lines I should be changing? There are a number of various controllers and button references seem to appear twice. I'm normally pretty good at .ini editing, but this one's messing with me.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm going to have to config the ini for controls because I can't play it as is with a 360 controller.

Yeah, kinda. Its final upgrade is pretty lame compared to the other handguns and the damage is pretty low. I usually keep the Red9 for most playthroughs, but the starting gun and Blacktail are legit too.
Let me know what Reload is, apparently it doesn't just use RUN for that.

What are the lines I should be changing? There are a number of various controllers and button references seem to appear twice. I'm normally pretty good at .ini editing, but this one's messing with me.

Depends on what you are using. If an Xbox controller/Xinput controller, it'll be XInputControllerA, or however it's formatted. Make sure to change your buttons in both Menu and Gameplay. It's the same series of lines, so you can just copy and paste when you are done.

I wonder if the other titles are coming to Steam, and if the animations will be touched up to match the rest of the game. Rifle reloading is weird as hell right now.

Plays flawlessly at 2560x1440. Bring on the mods!

360 controller works just as expected, and now I'm getting back into the groove of things. It's really weird that my DS4 with the wrapper is having issues in-game despite emulating an xinput device as its supposed to. I've never had issues with it before.

Grief.exe

The order of events at Capcom is interesting.

This game is announced.
God Had, another PS2-era game, is mentioned in a Capcom-Unity post.
Okami HD turns up in a Capcom-Unity blog post targeted at PC gamers.

I don't know what is going on, but its good.

The order of events at Capcom is interesting.

This game is announced.
God Had, another PS2-era game, is mentioned in a Capcom-Unity post.
Okami HD turns up in a Capcom-Unity blog post targeted at PC gamers.

I don't know what is going on, but its good.

I'll tell you what's going on: they finally found a potential market for "Clover's" games.

Hopefully. Oh god yes God Hand 1080p/60fps+

ZehDon

Ok, strange problem. Finally get home to play, and the game's resolution is locked. It's stuck on 1280x720 in the options menu. If I change it via the .ini, the game overrides the .ini, and when I open the .ini file it's changed back to "1280 720 60". I've altered other options, both using the menu and the .ini, no problem. Pretty disappointing. If I wanted to be stuck playing in upscaled 720p, I'd have bought an Xbone. Any thoughts?

EDIT:
Ok, sorted this problem. If your using an AMD card and your resolution won't change try the following:
Under Catalyst Control Center > HDTV Support (Digital Flat Panel) force support for 1080p60 NTSC. I suspect this might have something to do with the PC port essentially being a console port? Not sure. In any case, the game will now accept any resolution I put into the config.ini file.

Miker

Depends on what you are using. If an Xbox controller/Xinput controller, it'll be XInputControllerA, or however it's formatted. Make sure to change your buttons in both Menu and Gameplay. It's the same series of lines, so you can just copy and paste when you are done.

Hmm, I looked at it and I still don't get it. Here's the original:

###XINPUT_CONTROLLER_A

KEY_FORWARD = QKEY_GC_B4
KEY_FORWARD = QKEY_GC_B20
KEY_BACK = QKEY_GC_B3
KEY_BACK = QKEY_GC_B19
KEY_RIGHT = QKEY_GC_B2
KEY_RIGHT = QKEY_GC_B18
KEY_LEFT = QKEY_GC_B1
KEY_LEFT = QKEY_GC_B17
KEY_KAMAE = QKEY_GC_B5
KEY_RELOCKON = QKEY_GC_B7
KEY_RUN = QKEY_GC_B9
KEY_FIRE = QKEY_GC_B11
KEY_ASHLEY = QKEY_GC_B6
KEY_CK = QKEY_GC_B11
KEY_KAMAE_KNIFE = QKEY_GC_B8
KEY_ST = QKEY_GC_B13
KEY_OPTION = QKEY_GC_B14
KEY_C_U = QKEY_GC_B24
KEY_C_D = QKEY_GC_B23
KEY_Y = QKEY_GC_B11
KEY_X = QKEY_GC_B12
KEY_B = QKEY_GC_B9
KEY_A = QKEY_GC_B11
KEY_SSCRN = QKEY_GC_B13
KEY_MAP = QKEY_GC_B12
KEY_LB = QKEY_GC_B7
KEY_RB = QKEY_GC_B6
KEY_U = QKEY_GC_B4
KEY_U = QKEY_GC_B20
KEY_D = QKEY_GC_B3
KEY_D = QKEY_GC_B19
KEY_R = QKEY_GC_B2
KEY_R = QKEY_GC_B18
KEY_L = QKEY_GC_B1
KEY_L = QKEY_GC_B17
KEY_Z = QKEY_GC_B5
KEY_Z = QKEY_GC_B8
KEY_EV_CANCEL = QKEY_GC_B14
KEY_CANCEL = QKEY_GC_B10
KEY_OK = QKEY_GC_B9
KEY_OK = QKEY_GC_B11
KEY_LL = QKEY_GC_B1
KEY_LR = QKEY_GC_B2
KEY_LD = QKEY_GC_B3
KEY_LU = QKEY_GC_B4
KEY_C_R = QKEY_GC_B22
KEY_C_L = QKEY_GC_B21

I assume I want to swap MAP and SSCRN - and maybe also KEY_X (even though it's Y on the controller?) and KEY_ST - but I can't tell what to change where. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

collige

Banned

The only thing that was pissing me off was that shoot/action and run/reload were swapped for me. The way I understand it, you can customize each 360 control scheme separately as they each have their own list. What I ended up doing was swapping QKEY_GC_B9 and QKEY_GC_B11 for both KEY_RUN/KEY_FIRE and KEY_A/KEY_B. This made it control identical to the Gamecube version, apart from the prompts being wrong.

On another note, it turns out that if you mess with the gradient.png files in the gradients folder, you can change how the colors look when you have postprocessing on. Someone more artistic than me could probably make something cool with it, but as it stands I did manage to make everything black and white!
DCA059A78476898F503A96C2849682962A0D47E9

dhonk

Running silky smooth on my laptop. 765M. Did have to force it to use the dedicated GPU like someone posted earlier.

Almighty

I forgot how clunky RE4 controls are. Oh well I am enjoying being able to aim with the mouse even though it isn't perfect my accuracy jump from 60ish on the Ps2 to 90ish in this version. Maybe this time I will be able to make it further then the castle.

If someone with more time than me could manage a complete GCN version config match, for Type 1 I believe, and then post that here, that would be fantastic.

Things that need remapping:
A needs to be shoot/check/accept/all that good stuff
B needs to be run/reload/cancel
X needs to be bitch at Ashley
Y needs to be inventory screen
RB needs to be Map
Start needs to be nothing.
If someone could wade through all that nonsense, I would give you an internet cookie. Or something, I don't know.

In other news, Steam forum is full of retards who demand a refund because their computer sucks.

Stupid QTE scenes... Reached the first one with the bolder, and failed a good 5 times due to not knowing what '2' was on DS4... Apparently it isn't what I set it as in the wireless controller settings

Dinosur

No brainer quadruple dip.

Didn't really dig kb/m controls so switched over to 360 controller after a few minutes. Knifing downed baddies especially didn't feel right. Really nothing more to say. Could have used even more better textures, but still the greatest game of all time.

*As I was typing this, I realized I left my Diablo 3 mouse configuration on, so maybe that was the problem.

Kadin

I feel bad for people that have to turn down the fps to 30 and/or bump down the graphic settings to get it to run decently. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying this update version doesn't it? I know there are other improvements but those 2 are pretty big.

I'm having a little bit of slowdown here and there with everything at high settings but I think it's worth it. When there are more than 5 enemies on screen though, it can get pretty bad.

And my PC is pretty damn old I might add.

C2D E8500 @ 3.16Ghz
4GB
gtx285

ST2K

If someone with more time than me could manage a complete GCN version config match, for Type 1 I believe, and then post that here, that would be fantastic.

Things that need remapping:
A needs to be shoot/check/accept/all that good stuff
B needs to be run/reload/cancel
X needs to be bitch at Ashley
Y needs to be inventory screen
RB needs to be Map
Start needs to be nothing.
If someone could wade through all that nonsense, I would give you an internet cookie. Or something, I don't know.

In other news, Steam forum is full of retards who demand a refund because their computer sucks.

I'll second this. If anyone could do it, it'd be much appreciated.

Blearth

Banned
Ok, strange problem. Finally get home to play, and the game's resolution is locked. It's stuck on 1280x720 in the options menu. If I change it via the .ini, the game overrides the .ini, and when I open the .ini file it's changed back to "1280 720 60". I've altered other options, both using the menu and the .ini, no problem. Pretty disappointing. If I wanted to be stuck playing in upscaled 720p, I'd have bought an Xbone. Any thoughts?
Try setting the ini to read only.

Someone please tell me there's a way to customize the controls on this game. X for action? A for Run? Who the fuck did this?
I want my controls! X is the Ashley button dammit! Not RB! Someone needs to be fired!

They did the same thing with the PS3/360 releases - to make it more like RE5, I guess. But yeah, it's bullshit. Full individual key customization for keyboard, "fuck you" for controller support. What the hell?

Grief.exe

I'm using the DMC4 and RE5 bit and it is working pretty well.

0x00400005

I'm assuming RE4 is running on some version of MTFramework.

Almighty

I feel bad for people that have to turn down the fps to 30 and/or bump down the graphic settings to get it to run decently. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying this update version doesn't it? I know there are other improvements but those 2 are pretty big.

I'm having a little bit of slowdown here and there with everything at high settings but I think it's worth it. When there are more than 5 enemies on screen though, it can get pretty bad.

And my PC is pretty damn old I might add.

C2D E8500 @ 3.16Ghz
4GB
gtx285

Your PC is slightly better then mine. Only difference is I am rocking a GTX260 and yeah for the most part it runs smooth. Though like you said in areas where there are a lot of baddies is slows down for me. So much so that I would rather take 30 fps then the slow down.

Oh my god it's hilarious how many people are calling Leon a baby because he's so scared and can't hold his weapon straight, and how holy shit is this a bug.

You'd think we were all robot people with mechanically controlled pnuematic arms that held weapons perfectly steady or something.

I'm using the DMC4 and RE5 bit and it is working pretty well.

0x00400005

I'm assuming RE4 is running on some version of MTFramework.

I'd imagine maybe parts of the code were used for MT Framework, but if it was running on any code that was intended for multiplatform it wouldn't have the slowdowns related to the framerate thing going on.
Maybe an incredibly, unrecognizable version of it, before they decided to make it multiplatform.

SeriousApes

360 controller works just as expected, and now I'm getting back into the groove of things. It's really weird that my DS4 with the wrapper is having issues in-game despite emulating an xinput device as its supposed to. I've never had issues with it before.

Have you tried exiting steam, stopping and restarting the DS4 tool, and restarting steam? I was having some problems a few days ago with different games not recognizing button presses or mixing them up. That seemed to fix it.

Kadin

If anyone still can't find their preorder bonuses, official response below via wbacon[capcom] on the Steam forums. I had to log out of Steam and back in to get the stuff to download.

Yep! Valve identified the problem and was able to fix it quickly (^^) Hope you guys enjoy the game and the bonuses.

EDIT: If you still don't see the pre-purchase bonuses, you may need to log out and sign back into your Steam client. Another trick is to click the 'Verify cache' option in the game's properties tab which should force the update/download process. Bonus content is roughly 520MB in size.

Grief.exe

The game feels so strange when you first load in. The tank controls feel extremely awkward and take some getting used to.

Inevitably, things quickly click and the controls actually are balanced perfectly for the game. The enemies move slow enough to allow you to stop when you need to shoot, but they can also quickly overwhelm you.

The game is just so good at building tension at certain moments. I am having an absolute blast! Made it to 2-1 and decided to call it a night, I can continue play tomorrow as I am off.

As for the visuals, you can tell this is a GameCube game, but I truly believe that it is gorgeous. Screenshot downsampled from 1440p.

So uh, where is this ini exactly?

Top Bottom