• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Was having some really bad slow down, but after turning off AA it runs constant 60fps. Weird because in RE5 I have x4 AA and while it certainly dips below 60fps it doesn't slow down at all.

Also it there a way to turn up the stick sensitivity for 360 controller? Aiming with the right stick seems kind of slow.

Rizzi

06BD7C20A8B0E8885697875640548E4443DA35CB

Raghlbargl!

albe0

Neo Member
I'm so close to giving in and buying this but I haven't enjoyed a game like it since Dino crisis 1/2(possibly my favourite ps1 game), I think I'm falling for the hype but for someone who hasn't played a resident evil game past the first hour mark does it still hold up?

I'm also a little put off by what looks like a whole lot of muddy brown farm environments, does it go anywhere a little more exciting?

I'm so close to giving in and buying this but I haven't enjoyed a game like it since Dino crisis 1/2(possibly my favourite ps1 game), I think I'm falling for the hype but for someone who hasn't played a resident evil game past the first hour mark does it still hold up?

I'm also a little put off by what looks like a whole lot of muddy brown farm environments, does it go anywhere a little more exciting?

There are three act. The village, the castle and the base. The village hold hands down the best atomsphere, after that it's more classic RE (castle) and generic (base, with more action) but it's very glorious and it feels very varied because there are tons of different rooms and the pacing really makes it like it's never twice the same. It's also timeless I think. Control might feel weird at first after all our modern TPS but the game was a master piece and still holds up today. Play it

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now: how do you rotate items for your case using the kb&m? Trying to buy the rocket launcher to fight el gigante, but the damn thing won't fit

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

No worries, it does. Just the beginning of the game is set in muddy brown farm enviornments, or the first third of the game (technically first sixth since in the later half of the farm, it turns night, so it looks more like this:)

But the locations are varied. People just have mostly farm shots right now as that's where the game starts off, and it only unlocked about 7 hours ago.

ZehDon

How can you enable subtitles? The option is greyed to me
If you go to the config.ini file, located under "[User Name]>Documents>My Games>Capcom>RE4>config.ini, you can set it there I believe.

It's set to only come up if you change the language for the program from Steam to something other than English, it seems.
Constantly getting screen tearing even if I switch my 144hz monitor to 60hz. It's starting to piss me off.
Stupid question, but have you set VSYNC in the above .ini file to 1? I did that, and no more screen tearing on my 120hz monitor.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is it my DS3 or is the controller aim real sensitive? I can't aim at the crows for shit. Sorry if this is a noob question, I never played it on consoles before. At least I'm not bitching about tank controls or kb/m turning!

kewlmyc

If you go to the config.ini file, located under "[User Name]>Documents>My Games>Capcom>RE4>config.ini, you can set it there I believe.

It's set to only come up if you change the language for the program from Steam to something other than English, it seems.

Stupid question, but have you set VSYNC in the above .ini file to 1? I did that, and no more screen tearing on my 120hz monitor.

No, but I did force Vsync on my Nvidia Control Panel and that did the trick. Should have been more patient.

Dr Dogg

Feck it! Missed the Del Lago achievement because I forgot about the "alternative" way to fight it. Oh well to get them all requires a second runthrough anyway.

Minsc

Gold Member
I couldn't work out how to quit, because the "quit to menu" option is called "reset game to start" which I thought meant it was going to wipe my save.

Lol.

How do I quit?
jr90vpSTNlOZU.bmp

Quit = Alt+F4, c'mon lol. :)

Don't own yet: does using the right analog stick on a 360 controller turn you, or just swing the camera around?

Just controls camera, to turn around you can configure a button to do a 180. It won't even change the direction you walk (the right analog stick).

d00d3n

Is the game fun to play with mouse/keyboard? Is it ridiculously easy with mouselook, or does the difficulty level ai increase the challenge appropriately?

Spaghetti

surprise surprise

resident evil 4 is still fun after nearly ten years

at least until
the island
probably, we'll see

i still wish we could have got the beta versions of re4

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
surprise surprise

resident evil 4 is still fun after nearly ten years

at least until
the island
probably, we'll see

i still wish we could have got the beta versions of re4

I mean, I know its never gonna happen, but I have this secret hope they'll, like, release the parts of 3.5 that were made or something.

Ran Echelon

Neo Member
I had a brief go last night and I was finding it much easier to control and even aim with a controller vs mouse/keyboard. I guess it takes a little getting used to.

X-Factor

I ordered from GMG, where are the pre-order bonuses located?

I received 2 keys, but both do not seem to be the bonuses.

Thanks in advance.

One key should be the game, the other key should be the bonuses.

The bonuses should be found in the game folders.

I was about to ask this too. I looked everywhere under the game's steamapps folder, but they're nowhere to be found for me. Steam says it downloaded, too.

EDIT: Got it! Had to restart Steam for it to show up.

Also:

A really common texture and...that just don't look right :/

lexi

Banned
The rifle reload definitely seems to be 30fps, with the rest of the game running at 60fps around it. Kinda bummed about that.

Hey, anyone having desync problems with the cutscenes? I know that if I switch it to 30fps, the audio is synced up perfectly, but on 60, there a slight delay. Just curious to know if anyone had this issue.

Hopefully the rifle reload thing is just a bug that can be patched out. I can't believe every other reload animation works at 60 except that one. Has anyone played far enough to see if any other weapons have the same issue?

Where can get a save file for about half way through the game? I've played the first half three times, I'd really prefer not to go through it again.

Sullichin

Can't wait to play this (again) later. Did people figure out how to use higher resolutions than 1080p (for downsampling purposes) ?

scitek

Is anyone else using x360ce? If I try it, it detects my controller as BOTH an xinput and Directinput and completely fucks everything up. I've never seen this before.

Sullichin

Hopefully the rifle reload thing is just a bug that can be patched out. I can't believe every other reload animation works at 60 except that one. Has anyone played far enough to see if any other weapons have the same issue?

That's really funny. I was expecting this thread to be all page-killing 60fps rifle reload animation gifs

En-ou

from those screenshot comparisons i dont see ultimate HD. i'm thinking i should just replay it on dolphin when the itch arises.

Top Bottom