• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

The big question: Shotgun, Riot Gun, or Striker?

And if Striker, do I bother upgrading the earlier shotguns beforehand?
I've always used the Striker, but I think I'm going to try fully upgrading the Shotgun this time around.

Bleh, just got Ashley out and already running out of space. Probably because of that TMP. Never really used it in any version, but after hearing the love it's getting in the thread I'll try it out more.
I love the TMP but I always put off buying and upgrading it until right before the
El Gigante
fight to save space. Not long after that you'll get to the
Castle
and be able to buy a larger case. I also didn't buy the stock for it and the Red9 yet.

I'm getting some slowdown in this game. It's most noticeable when the cutscenes fall out of sync with the audio.

I'm not sure which settings I should try lowering first.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Conflicting information!

I think I'll go for Striker this time, just because I've never used it for real.

No question. Striker.

I'm going to link that super useful weapon comparison chart from Gamefaqs. It's incredibly thorough, analyzing damage per second vs. damage per round, etc.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/925156-resident-evil-4/faqs/35441

TLDR?

Red9, Striker, Broken Butterfly. Toss up between rifles depending on if you prefer high damage per shot or high firerate.

Grief.exe

Do the stocks make your aim more steady?

No question. Striker.

I'm going to link that super useful weapon comparison chart from Gamefaqs. It's incredibly thorough, analyzing damage per second vs. damage per round, etc.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/925156-resident-evil-4/faqs/35441

TLDR?

Red9, Striker, Broken Butterfly. Toss up between rifles depending on if you prefer high damage per shot or high firerate.

haha

pxzI3Y1.png

What's the point of buying the extra slots from that case if it only gives me the option to discard items not currently in inventory? I want be able to set shit aside for later.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What's the point of buying the extra slots from that case if it only gives me the option to discard items not currently in inventory? I want be able to set shit aside for later.

So you can reorganize and restructure. Otherwise, shifting everything would be a nightmare.

Grief.exe

That gamefaqs guide says you actually find the Broken Butterfly in the castle.

Is it fairly easy to miss? Or am I likely to find it?

I'm going to buy the stock for the Red9 right now.

That gamefaqs guide says you actually find the Broken Butterfly in the castle.

Is it fairly easy to miss? Or am I likely to find it?

I'm going to buy the stock for the Red9 right now.

You will most definitely find the area where it is naturally, you just have to remember to go back.

scitek

Its funny because RE4's combat is about as deep as a character action game when it comes to technicalities. I hope The Evil Within is the same way.

Grief.exe

You will most definitely find the area where it is naturally, you just have to remember to go back.

I've been exploring pretty heavily, so I doubt I would have missed it in the first place.

Even got the
Ada/Mendez cut scene

Its funny because RE4's combat is about as deep as a character action game when it comes to technicalities. I hope The Evil Within is the same way.

Mikami getting in bed with Bethesda/Zenimax worries me though. Such a garbage company.

Zozobra

I don't suppose they've made it so you can carry your upgraded weapons in to a higher difficulty after beating the game? I remember that not being an option when I played the Wii version.

Apath

Bleh, just got Ashley out and already running out of space. Probably because of that TMP. Never really used it in any version, but after hearing the love it's getting in the thread I'll try it out more.

Striker. Can't beat that 100 ammo, and fast reloads.
What's that pistol you have there? I am at the same point however I never found any option to get that gun.

Zeppeli

Banned

Striker. Can't beat that 100 ammo, and fast reloads.

How the fuck do you have that much ammo if you just got to Ashley?

Grief.exe

Do we know officially if TEW is running at 60fps? One would assume so given it's IdTech5, but you never know.

I would be very surprised if that development is still tying animations to frame rate rather than time (seconds). Especially with the game being released on next-gen and PC, more emphasis on the latter.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OK this could turn out to be an ***E*X*T*R*E*M*E*L*Y**** dumb question guys, so please forgive me in advance.....but how in the TAP DANCING FUCK do you properly exit out of the game and quit back to desktop? I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I see no "quit game" or "exit" option ANYWHERE in the game after starting it.

Grief.exe

OK this could turn out to be an ***E*X*T*R*E*M*E*L*Y**** dumb question guys, so please forgive me in advance.....but how in the TAP DANCING FUCK do you properly exit out of the game and quit back to desktop? I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I see no "quit game" or "exit" option ANYWHERE in the game after starting it.

Game Reset option.

Anyone else using a 360 controller not able to do the X+A QTEs? At the beginning of the Mendez fight I failed the QTE FOUR times in a row because X+A simply didn't do anything despite me pressing it each time it popped up. The fifth time it was L+R and it worked just fine.

I hope they get a patch out before I get to the Krauser fight...

Grief.exe

what is the difference between nvidia inspector and the nvidia control panel?

Inspector gives you more options. I've never even used the control panel other than to turn on SLI and set up custom resolutions.

Different AA settings, the in-game AA seems to be causing people problems. Even downsampling doesn't clean up all the jaggies.

ifRl0JtEsvCfK.png

Inspector gives you more options. I've never even used the control panel other than to turn on SLI and set up custom resolutions.

Different AA settings, the in-game AA seems to be causing people problems. Even downsampling doesn't clean up all the jaggies.

ifRl0JtEsvCfK.png

where did you find custom resolutions for the control panel?

Alt+F4

Risible

The TMP is a Gigante killer. I run with it for that reason alone. Takes them down really quickly. It also does wonders in the
Village Chieftan
boss fight.

Okay, I'm getting slightly angry here.
Someone tell me why I fail the last QTE in the part where you run away from the big Salazar statue (where you jump from the collapsing bridge and need to press X continuously to hold on the edge).
I've been trying over a dozen times already and I fail on the exact same QTE where you press X repeatedly to hold on the edge.

Grief.exe

This game is awesome. I just came up on a point in the castle where they give you a large area to work with, but probably throw 30 different enemies at you.

All told I probably used about 10 shots of various guns and a flash grenade to deal with a couple of enemies that had popped the 'alien head' extension. The rest, I dealt with via shooting, kicking, and suplex.

At one point, near the end, I dealt with three enemies, one of which has a shield, in two shots. The wealth of opportunities the game gives you is surprising.

oldnick

Banned
Someone tell me why I fail the last QTE in the part where you run away from the big Salazar statue (where you jump from the collapsing bridge and need to press X continuously to hold on the edge).
I've been trying over a dozen times already and I fail on the exact same QTE where you press X repeatedly to hold on the edge.

I had the same thing, and same when you have to jump off the wagon in the mine,
they show the WRONG button,
the game shows X but it's A I think

now I just mash BOTH A and X that works alright

Hold on a minute. How are the suggested requirements for this HD port higher than an actual HD game (aka RE 5) and almost as much as a late HD game (aka RE 6)?

Hold on a minute. How are the suggested requirements for this HD port higher than an actual HD game (aka RE 5) and almost as much as a late HD game (aka RE 6)?

Because those games are running on a fantastic engine that works incredibly well on PC hardware and this is using very old code that was never intended to be on anything but the Gamecube.

Grief.exe

recomended/minimum requirements have been bullshit for years, but they have gotten even worse the past year or so.

I'm maxing this out at 1440p and using 30% on each GPU on my 560ti SLI set up.

Because those games are running on a fantastic engine that works incredibly well on PC hardware and this is using very old code that was never intended to be on anything but the Gamecube.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I buy that. I mean, the amount of RAM it is asking for is absurd when considering that the Gamecube didn't even have a fraction of that (40 MB vs. 4 GB). Same for the disk space: 15 GB when the Gamecube could only handle 1.5 GB on the discs. I'm by no means an expert, but that just seems absurdly unoptimised. I mean, by your logic, the PS2 shouldn't have been able to handle it and 7th gen consoles couldn't even come close.

I had the same thing, and same when you have to jump off the wagon in the mine,
they show the WRONG button,
the game shows X but it's A I think

now I just mash BOTH A and X that works alright

That didn't work either.

I can't get past this point for the life of me. What is this crap?

Rich!

So others who have my issue seem to also have Windows 8.1 and a Nvidia card as well as a monitor that goes over 60hz

Anyway I could just get a refund?

Do you live in the UK? As long as it's within the first seven days, not only are you covered by the sales of goods act (product not fit for purpose), but you are within the 7 day cooling off period for any reason whatsoever under the long distance selling regulations. You can request a refund based on it and Valve or whoever sold you the key cannot legally deny you. The law applies to goods and services, digital or physical.

If you aren't in the UK then uh, good luck. Try it anyway.

Mash it harder and faster?

The 6 armoured knights you deal with when grabbing that cup thing to unlock a door.

6 magnum rounds.
2 flash bangs.

Bish bash bosh done, not hit once, felt good man.

The target shooting thing is quite easy with the mouse, although the negative mouse acceleration mentioned gets in the way a bit. I also like they didn't go the RE5 route with a crosshair, it maintains some of the difficulty when aiming with the laser dot.

Mash it harder and faster?

Nope, that won't do it.

I just got past it on the first try after I changed the framerate to locked 30 fps.
This is a goddamn bug! I have no idea, probably the game requires you to mash twice as fast, but all the other QTEs seem fine. I suppose this QTE just doesn't work at 60fps.

Or did anyone here got past that aforementioned QTE with 60 fps enabled?

Grief.exe

Some more screens

I fully recommend turning off in-game AA. Not only is it causing people performance issues, it is actually very expensive from a performance perspective. I have forced MSAA through Nvidia Inspector.

Top Bottom