• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Grief.exe

Nah, it isn't. TMP is better, IMO, and Mine Thrower covers up the few parts where I'd wished I had a shotgun. :p
TMP you can shoot people off the ledges before they ever jump in if you're good enough, though you won't get all of them.

TMP was my go-to weapon for that entire segment, especially with a capacity upgrade waiting for me down the line.

Shotgun was my, 'oh shit, that chainsaw guy just jumped on top of me,' gun.

And by Shotgun, I mean Striker.

Grief.exe

Abusing the Capacity reload mechanic has caused my ammo stores to swell. 8 columns in my inventory are now devoted to ammunition.

Grief.exe

RE4 patch incoming

Either way, most of the issues being reported in these offshoot threads are already being covered in the 'post your issues thread' so maybe the original poster decided to delete it? I have no idea.

Well that's not important. We've collected enough information from the official bug tracker thread and now have a number of fixes, tweaks, and tiny yet meaningful additions that I think will make you smile.

It'll go through internal QA testing, but rather than waiting for QA pass and have our fans wait out longer, we're doing something similar to what we've done with all of our recent Resident Evil games.

We'll be hosting an public beta patch program so anyone can give it a spin to see what works for them, what doesn't, and if the tweaks are in line with expectations. There are obvious fixes such as the notorious Mercs mode bugs which were inadvertently introduced at the last-minute update before the game released.

Anyway, more information to follow. While I can't give you a specific date or a window, It won't be that far off.

Oooh. I wonder if it adds in the specular effects and fixes the gamma like that modder did. I noticed first time at night that it was WAY too bright.

Oooh. I wonder if it adds in the specular effects and fixes the gamma like that modder did. I noticed first time at night that it was WAY too bright.

I think we know by now that there are probably legal issues that prevent the specular effects from being implemented in a non-Nintendo port (judging by how quickly the modder was able to do it by himself).

They could and should certainly fix the gamma and other effects though.
Let's also hope they took care of mouse acceleration and few other bugs.

Grief.exe

Steam forums are a goldmine right now! First the patch, now this

TOfksgo.png

Finished it yesterday, and I'd say it's a pretty solid port with some minor issues (knife-initialization delay and QTE, X+C specifically being glitched). Oh, and the fact that I had to play in windowed mode (with ShiftWindow to get fullscreen) since the game forces 60Hz on my 144Hz display.

I hate negative acceleration more than anyone but I'm not too bothered with it in this game actually, since it's pretty slow-paced. I mean, the game is designed around the controller and it's pretty hard to miss anything with a mouse as it is.

Now, New Game +!

I've only played 4 and 5 in the series, what others are considered good? REmake? How is 2,3 & CVX?

dreamfall

I've only played 4 and 5 in the series, what others are considered good? REmake? How is 2,3 & CVX?

REmake is still the greatest! But go ahead and play Revelations, it's on sale right now- it was awesome and Jill is rad. And Raid mode is really addictive!~

I still think RE2 is my fave though.

Patch news sounds great. Not only reaching out directly to the community for feedback but also releasing a beta patch version for the community to test. This is how all PC developers should be dealing with the platform.

Tain

I will upload my save for you today if you still need it.

Unfortunately and very annoyingly they are somehow tied to a user's Steam account. Nobody's been able to import anybody else's save. I'm getting desperate and even feebly poked around with CheatEngine for a bit, lol.

Also, this isn't really related to RE4, but instead related to Japanese devs on Steam: lately they've been providing good patch support (RE4, Ikaruga, Metal Gear Rising).

andthebeatgoeson

Unfortunately and very annoyingly they are somehow tied to a user's Steam account. Nobody's been able to import anybody else's save. I'm getting desperate and even feebly poked around with CheatEngine for a bit, lol.
That sucks. I won't get my unlimited Handcannon, then. I couldn't do well on Mercs on gc nor Wii so I'm sure I'm screwed.

Grief.exe

What sorta fools around here are using the TMP?

Pick up your nuts and use a Blacktail or Red9.

Since abusing the TMP capacity increase mechanic at merchants, my ammo stores have exploded.

I only just started doing that recently, but its a great gun to use for your typical enemies for Stun + Kick + Knife.

I'm now up to 8 columns of ammunition going into the island. I will probably end up selling ammunition for my professional run when I abuse that mechanic from the beginning.

Since abusing the TMP capacity increase mechanic at merchants, my ammo stores have exploded.

I only just started doing that recently, but its a great gun to use for your typical enemies for Stun + Kick + Knife.

I'm now up to 8 columns of ammunition going into the island.

I've been doing that to keep my Mine Thrower reserves at some level of capacity. Sure, you don't get the ammo pouring over Leon's head like when you do it for the TMP, but watching 6 people blow up from a dart makes it worth it.

What are people finding hard about the train cart section ? TMP those fools off the ledges, dead in 1 bullet.

I personally mixed up shotgun and my semi auto rifle. But yea...Mine cart section was never really that bad to me.

if I found them in a row, I'd pull out the rifle and blast them. otherwise, I would use the shotgun as a "Get the fuck out the way!" measure as I hope from front mine cart to back mine cart. that's another thing, Chainsaw guys bow down to that shotgun

What sorta fools around here are using the TMP?

Pick up your nuts and use a Blacktail or Red9.

THANK YOU!!! red 9 > tmp

tmp is so redundant if you have a red 9....EXCEPT for when going against Gigante. But, TMP makes gigante such a trivial fight that it's not fun to fight him with a TMP.

Can't we use both?

yea but it's very redundant to have them both in your inventory.

The kind who need at least SOME kind of sustainable crowd control.

wha? shotgun and especially striker shotgun are the best crowd control in the game. Especially with the striker's exclusive.

BTW....RE:revelations is on sale on steam if you haven't got it yet. about 16 dollars for the game and all the DLC. just 12.50 for just the game. Awesome deal 75% off.

Grief.exe

I've been doing that to keep my Mine Thrower reserves at some level of capacity. Sure, you don't get the ammo pouring over Leon's head like when you do it for the TMP, but watching 6 people blow up from a dart makes it worth it.

I actually just gave up and reloaded my TMP at one point to create some inventory space.

In the Wii version I used the TMP to conserve pistol ammo. Just stagger and roundhouse. That's nearly 30 roundhouse kicks per magazine on enemies with no protection.

But you'll get more TMP than you ever wanted playing HUNK.

ST2K

People actually use the mine thrower? I've played through this game at least a half-dozen times and never used it as anything but a gimmick.

Might try it now just for kicks. It doesn't seem all that practical though.

Miker

I forgot how much those damn bugs freak me out.

Has anyone been able to play this through family sharing?

Yeah, they're basically Facehuggers from Alien. When those things come out, so does my shotgun, even if I should be sparing ammo for it.

And no, a friend told me that my copy wasn't available through family sharing, and it seems to be an issue w/ the game itself or its Steam registry entry.

Curufinwe

That sucks. I won't get my unlimited Handcannon, then. I couldn't do well on Mercs on gc nor Wii so I'm sure I'm screwed.

Anyone who can finish the game can get the handcannon. There are strategies for every level and character that make getting 5 stars much easier than it might seem.

Grief.exe

I forgot how much those damn bugs freak me out.

Has anyone been able to play this through family sharing?

Other people have been reporting that problem as well. Its strange, as the flag isn't there in the registry entry so it should work.

Capcom must not have set the game up correctly.

Top Bottom