• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well I am fucked as I have ran out of ammo and am now stuck. What really sucks is that I am only a few sub chapters from the end. While I have played it before I never got further then just barely reaching the castle until now so this was pretty much my first time. I think I am just going to admit defeat and go play Shadowrun: Dragonfall now.

If you want a get out of jail free card, there's a Cheat engine table for unlimited ammo.

You could just use it to get through the area then turn it off and continue onward

Almighty

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Well I managed to get past that part using the strategy a walkthrough gave me. Took some luck and healing items(which I had plenty of) but I did it.

I didn't want to, but I did what Grief suggested and redownloaded the game completely. Still freezing on 3-1. Verfied cache/files again...all successful. This really sucks :(

Grief.exe

Verdungo is CRREEEPPPYYYY

izf7xWB49tpSz.jpg

I didn't want to, but I did what Grief suggested and redownloaded the game completely. Still freezing on 3-1. Verfied cache/files again...all successful. This really sucks :(

Damn, this is horrible. What hardware are you running? I wonder if it is tied to a driver issue.

Grief.exe

Something I just recognized is its easier to save ammo if you time up your capacity changes correctly. Drain a weapon of its ammunition, then upgrade the capacity at the next merchant.

Roll the drivers back one or two times?

I'm on the latest ones already, 334.89, but its worth a try I suppose.

Sectus

So playing at 60fps not only screws up the AI, but also the QTE's on controller?

The final mine cart jump + climb is apparently impossible on controller in 60fps, you have to drop it down to 30.

Really? This version is really disappointing as is. Maybe people glossing over these issues cause mods, but damn.

I definitely had a problem with the X+A QTEs. I didn't have any problems with the LT+RT QTEs though. But yeah, the X+A QTEs I had press 2-3 times before it would regiester, and even then, it might decide to not do anything.

I really hope that once they patch the game the change log is loooong.

Grief.exe

Even if you get two El Gigantes over the trap in that particular boss fight, the game chooses one to put down the hole.
I'm really surprised at that.

Curufinwe

Yup, minecart climb QTE failed for me once last night. Second time I mashed like crazy and it worked. No problem with the Salazar statue though, probably because I mashed extra hard just in case. The X+A QTEs have been the least consistent for me though; L+R is fine.

I had no issue on the minecart QTE, but I did fail to pull myself on the first attempt on the Salazar statue segment. The second time I made sure to really hammer on X and it worked.

I took this screenshot and then almost died because I didn't realize by pressing F12 I had switched to keyboard controls, so the keyboard prompt "X + C" came up on screen when the knife flew back at Leon. Thankfully I pressed X + A on the controller in time.

Neathyr

Any tips for knife-only El Gigante? I can't seem to get it down.

If you mean the Dos Gigantes fight, you can knife the other one pretty easily. Basically, after climbing up the ladder, wait until he starts his attack animation. As soon as he does that, climb down ASAP. The Gigante will still be stuck in his animation, giving you plenty of time to do 5~6 slashes. Climb up the ladder when he tries to grab you. That's it. It's the easiest boss fight to use the knife.

Everyone knows this, but Leon has invincible frames when he is performing certain things (like climbing up/down ladders, opening doors without kicking them), but it's something worth noting whenever you go for knife-only situations.
And yes, you can't trap both Gigantes.

kodecraft

Well I am fucked as I have ran out of ammo and am now stuck. What really sucks is that I am only a few sub chapters from the end. While I have played it before I never got further then just barely reaching the castle until now so this was pretty much my first time. I think I am just going to admit defeat and go play Shadowrun: Dragonfall now.

Yea you can't be on a shooting spree. I found myself running out of ammo too so I resulted in shooting at the knees followed by melee attacks and knifing.

Or shooting them at the legs once they fall haul ass, and be out.

Unai

The enemies in Separate Ways are more agressive. Maybe a midway between main campaign normal and professional?

Anyways, I'll start Chapter 5 tomorrow.

Grief.exe

If you mean the Dos Gigantes fight, you can knife the other one pretty easily. Basically, after climbing up the ladder, wait until he starts his attack animation. As soon as he does that, climb down ASAP. The Gigante will still be stuck in his animation, giving you plenty of time to do 5~6 slashes. Climb up the ladder when he tries to grab you. That's it. It's the easiest boss fight to use the knife.

Everyone knows this, but Leon has invincible frames when he is performing certain things (like climbing up/down ladders, opening doors without kicking them), but it's something worth noting whenever you go for knife-only situations.
And yes, you can't trap both Gigantes.

That's actually what I ended up doing.

Almighty

Well beat it just a few minutes ago and the game is fantastic. As I have said before even though I played it before I never got far into it until now. I am impressed that even after all these years the game has held up so well and is amazing on top of that. Sadly though a part of me wished I would of stayed ignorant about the game as I have the feeling this game will probably never be topped.

Grief.exe

Well beat it just a few minutes ago and the game is fantastic. As I have said before even though I played it before I never got far into it until now. I am impressed that even after all these years the game is held up so well and is amazing on top of that. Sadly though a part of me wished I would of stayed ignorant about the game as I sadly have the feeling this game will probably never be topped.

People have the same exact problem after beating Dark Souls.

All of you with ridiculously full inventories can go to hell.

bio4_2014_03_07_16_33_04_578_by_realghostvids-d797y8z.jpg

I am playing well but the game apparently thinks I ONLY need green herbs. That magnum has been empty for hours.

dreamfall

I keep one-shotting bosses with the Rocket Launcher just for the hell of it. Verdugo, and now Salazar. I don't know if it's just to change up my playstyle (as I've never done it before), but I'm worried it's compromising my idea of how difficult/epic these fights felt the other times around.

The game is god-tier, but maybe I'm lessening the challenge :/

ok...what the hell...

So I beat assignment ada, and then I beat seperate ways....

then I goto play seperate ways again, and no chicago typewriter....wtf?

SO, then I fucking doing assignment ada again even tho it's a pain in the ass, and start up seperate ways again, and the still no chicago typewriter....wtf!?

All the enemies have been acting weird for me. Spinning in circles, not opening doors that they usually do, not climbing up ladders, like the collision detection is off.

actually I experienced some of this as well....the spinning in circles, a few times when I would go up a ladder and look down and the enemy would spin in circles at the bottom of the ladder a few times then try to climb up....
and once when i jumped over a gap and then the enemy spun in a circle then realized i jumped over a gap and then proceeded to jump over.

never had the "not climbing" up the ladder thing.

the Door thing yes, I've had quite a few times where enemies stopped at the door and took forever to open it when normally the should just open it.

So playing at 60fps not only screws up the AI, but also the QTE's on controller?

QTE's haven't really been an issue for me. There were a "few" and I mean literally like 2 times, where the "XA" combo didn't go off even tho I did it...but for the most part, if I failed a QTE it was cause I just missed it. But all my QTEs were on point. With that said, I played alot of tomb raider and the window on the QTEs on tomb raider seems worse (even tho the game makes it look like u have a big window), so maybe that's why these don't seem bad to me.

Unai

ok...what the hell...

So I beat assignment ada, and then I beat seperate ways....

then I goto play seperate ways again, and no chicago typewriter....wtf?

SO, then I fucking doing assignment ada again even tho it's a pain in the ass, and start up seperate ways again, and the still no chicago typewriter....wtf!?

Are you starting a new game or loading your end game save?

Something i enjoy about this game is, when replaying it, sticking with the first set of weapons or the second set. All are viable with their own characteristics, giving a slight change in combat and how you approach it. Using "Exclusive" version weapons is fun shit ......

Guru-Guru

Banned
Beat the game for the first time today. It was amazing, and I feel kind of dumb for waiting 10 years to play it! I'm going to pick up the Resident Evil Remake (JP Wii version) soon, which I have heard is pretty scary. Might take a breather and play something happy first though!

Grief.exe

Some serious activity on the RE4 registry app today, looks like they are working on an internal build and getting a patch ready for deployment.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Optimizing AA.
Negative Mouse Acceleration.
Crash in 3-1.
Mercs - Water Map.

I'm sure there are plenty of issues I am overlooking.

Does AA need to be optimized, or are they just using a taxing form of AA?

I mean, if their AA is SSAA, they don't really optimize it, you just have to have a powerful PC to use it.

What needs to be patched?
Optimizing AA.
Negative Mouse Acceleration.
Crash in 3-1.
Mercs - Water Map.

I'm sure there are plenty of issues I am overlooking.

They have to fix a lot.
Some QTEs seem to be bugged judging by my experience. And I'm not the only one who had these problems.
Also some graphical issues like broken gamma values and the lack of dynamic lighting glow.

The negative mouse acceleration is the reason why I haven't played with M&K. Would be nice if they take care of it.

They have to fix a lot.
Some QTEs seem to be bugged judging by my experience. And I'm not the only one who had these problems.
Also some graphical issues like broken gamma values and the lack of dynamic lighting glow.

The negative mouse acceleration is the reason why I haven't played with M&K. Would be nice if they take care of it.

I see,nice to see they are working on a patch and not ignore.

Grief.exe

Does AA need to be optimized, or are they just using a taxing form of AA?

I mean, if their AA is SSAA, they don't really optimize it, you just have to have a powerful PC to use it.

You very well could be correct, using some type of expensive AA could be the cause of this.
So many people just seem to be getting slow downs due to the AA system, myself included.

Grief.exe

Did it twice actually. I actually missed the 'climb' QTE at the end, guess I wasn't jamming on X fast enough.

The shotgun is key to that segment.

Did it twice actually. I actually missed the 'climb' QTE at the end, guess I wasn't jamming on X fast enough.

The shotgun is key to that segment.

Nah, it isn't. TMP is better, IMO, and Mine Thrower covers up the few parts where I'd wished I had a shotgun. :p
TMP you can shoot people off the ledges before they ever jump in if you're good enough, though you won't get all of them.

Top Bottom