• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Newboi

Anyone unlocked the handcannon yet?

I beat Separate Ways and Assignment Ada. I'm trying to unlock the Handcannon before I do a run through of professional.

Does anyone know if I could fit the PRL 412, Chicago Typewriter, Infinite Launcher, and Handcannon in the XL attach case?

I actually never beat RE4 on Professional outside the Gamecube version, so I've never actually used the PRL 412 before nor seen how much inventory space it takes up.

So as an RE4 noob what are the best weapons I should be using. Just beat salazar and have been using handgun,broken butterfly, tmp,shotgun, semi-auto rifle, also striker but no bullets lol

Jesus I do not remember the invisible bugs being so hard.

They're utter shits eh? I'm not a fan of them. Having your face burnt off is the WORST.

So as an RE4 noob what are the best weapons I should be using. Just beat salazar and have been using handgun,broken butterfly, tmp,shotgun, semi-auto rifle, also striker but no bullets lol

Don't need 2 shotguns. The Red9 is the best handgun by most accounts.

They're utter shits eh? I'm not a fan of them. Having your face burnt off is the WORST.

It's mainly their habit of spazzing around and making sudden movements you can't track after you knock them to the ground. If you didn't waste them long range, it's real hard to avoid taking damage because of this quick, erratic almost teleport-like movement.

Does that replace the regular handgun? Like all the plain handgun ammo I find works with that gun?

Yes

Grief.exe

Beta patch now available

http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558750544148269482/

Changes:
Removed mouse acceleration from Keyboard & Mouse controller setup screen. “AIM MODE” option is now present instead, and mouse sensitivity settings have been re-tuned to accommodate new setting.
Users can now choose between two mouse control schemes: "CLASSIC" and "MODERN." MODERN setting makes the aiming utilizing native mouse functionality while "Classic" setting retains previous calibration from the original game.
"GAME RESET" in "RETRY OR RELOAD" has been relabeled to "RETURN TO MAIN MENU"
Relabeled “POST PROCESS” in graphics option to ‘COLOR FILTER’
Master volume level increased.

Bug fixes:
Ready-knife delay when using mouse and keyboard has been fixed.
Calibrated animation speed at which pottery, lamps, boxes, barrels etc. fall apart when frame rate is set to 60fps. Set pieces getting destroyed during cutscenes such as the castle gate and gazebo have been recalibrated.
Fixed an issue with the character performing quick turns when pressing aim while turning.
Reduced possible audio desynchronization during cutscenes.
Fixed texture on Ada's Blacktail (Bottle cap)
Fixed flickering or prolonged black screen during active gameplay on the Water level in Mercenaries Mode.
Fixed problem with Krauser's bow in Mercenaries Mode Castle level.
Fixed problem with enemies not spawning (Garrador, Leader Cultist etc.) in Mercenaries Mode Castle Level.
Fixed the speed at which hens lay eggs when frame rate is set to 60fps.
Green flashing screen appearing after pre-rendered cutscenes removed.
Fixed Leon’s distorted voice when roundhouse-kicking Verdugo while he’s frozen.
Fixed flickering in the first custscene of chapter 5-1.
Mine cart QTE difficulty reduced for PRO level difficulty.
Restored the blue light bloom effect from the merchant’s torch.

Beta patch now available

Changes:
Removed mouse acceleration from Keyboard & Mouse controller setup screen. “AIM MODE” option is now present instead, and mouse sensitivity settings have been re-tuned to accommodate new setting.
Users can now choose between two mouse control schemes: "CLASSIC" and "MODERN." MODERN setting makes the aiming utilizing native mouse functionality while "Classic" setting retains previous calibration from the original game.

Bug fixes:
Calibrated animation speed at which pottery, lamps, boxes, barrels etc. fall apart when frame rate is set to 60fps. Set pieces getting destroyed during cutscenes such as the castle gate and gazebo have been recalibrated.
Fixed an issue with the character performing quick turns when pressing aim while turning.
Fixed flickering or prolonged black screen during active gameplay on the Water level in Mercenaries Mode.
Fixed problem with enemies not spawning (Garrador, Leader Cultist etc.) in Mercenaries Mode Castle Level.

Thanks for the heads up.

Grief.exe

Some insight into the development process

fEf0lC7.png

Thanks for the heads up on the Beta patch Grief. Going to dive in maybe later today, see what's up with the aiming!
Thanks for the heads up.

I got Wbacon on my friends list on Steam, so he gave me the heads up to the patch.

Newboi

Great News! The Krauser arrow glitch on the Castle level in Mercenaries mode was absurd. If you went to get the third time extension item, his arrows would no longer hit enemies.

I'd definitely like to try the new mouse controls, but I'm torn between that and playing through Professional mode with a controller to keep the difficulty. I guess I'll try out New Game+ with mouse controls.

Getting money for the handcannon, chicago typwriter, and infinite launcher will be all kinds of fun........

Unai

Beta patch now available

Changes:

Bug fixes:

Great news!

Curufinwe

The increased volume will actually be the biggest change for me. I haven't encountered/noticed any of the other bugs yet, but I only played one round of Mercs (Leon in the Village).

Newboi

I'm glad the master volume is being increased. I felt weird that certain prevalent audio effects, like Leon's footsteps, were almost inaudible in many areas.

Just beat the game for the first time. Great game! Wish I knew more about conserving ammo going in lol. A couple spots were really tough with no ammo and had to use an older save and go back.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just beat the game for the first time. Great game! Wish I knew more about conserving ammo going in lol. A couple spots were really tough with no ammo and had to use an older save and go back.

Happy you enjoyed it. Now you can get into Mercenaries with the new beta patch, and go to the secondary story, Seperate Ways, which includes one whole new area and a new boss, among different ways tackling the three main areas (shorter though), as well as Assignment Ada (which is essentially a hard mode version of the island), and go to unlocking secret guns and costumes (they are really cool, as a heads-up, the costumes do more than just look pretty, they also have unique qualities and perks and animations).

Top Bottom