• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Unai

That takes too long. I like to speed run through the game lol. I'm on the beta patch, which makes egg farming take even longer. I could also have farmed large bass, but It's just not worth it to me. I can't buy anything good until a new game+ play through and I'll have more than enough money to buy a special weapon by then just normally running through the game. Besides, the PRL 412 should be free on New Game+ anyways, which I can use to sell most of my other items.

Yep. It is only nice for poeple who like grinding. I was already in the castle when the patch was released.

PRL 412 is the most overpower weapon in any game ever.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
That guy is my hero. *Salute*. That he's also working to fix the gamma levels pleases me greatly as well.

Now if someone could explain to me why my framerate tanks (in 60fps mode) in the first village bit with the human bonfire going I'd be very glad.

Grief.exe

That guy is my hero. *Salute*. That he's also working to fix the gamma levels pleases me greatly as well.

Now if someone could explain to me why my framerate tanks (in 60fps mode) in the first village bit with the human bonfire going I'd be very glad.

I have found that turning in-game AA off really helps with the slow downs.

It seemed like anytime I would run into certain effects I would drop frame rate. Things like fire, or dust kicked up by a Gigante's attack, I wonder if the game was trying to fix the aliasing on all of the particular effects.

It seemed like anytime I would run into certain effects I would drop frame rate. Things like fire, or dust kicked up by a Gigante's attack, I wonder if the game was trying to fix the aliasing on all of the particular effects.

Every individual speck of 2D dirt anti-aliased for your pleasure.

Sounds like a huge oversight by the port team, tbh.

Grief.exe

it doesn't even look like the in-game AA does anything. maybe my eyes are broken.

It does

ifRl0JtEsvCfK.png

Grief.exe

Why's that so blurry? Did you resize with bicubic sampling?

I believe I cut it out then upscaled it a bit, though I don't remember.

The width of 650 pixels is quite telling though, I doubt the gun takes up ~40% of the screen.

Really hoping the patch will fix the freezing :(

I WANT TO PLAY CAPCOM!

I was going to PM you and see if it was fixed. If not, you should post in the thread with your specs and specific issue.

I believe I cut it out then upscaled it a bit, though I don't remember.

The width of 650 pixels is quite telling though, I doubt the gun takes up ~40% of the screen.

I was going to PM you and see if it was fixed. If not, you should post in the thread with your specs and specific issue.

Not sure if you meant this thread but...

i7 2600K, 8GB RAM, GTX 4GB 770, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSDx2...

Hopefully some of the specs help.

The issue is freezing. I'm not sure what the cause is, but if you check the official forums I'm not alone.

I did get freezing in 1-3 just before the boss in the lake.(can't remember name)

I'm getting it in 3-1 right after you kill the blind enemy that's shackled in the cell. The next room after that has about 15-20 enemies and I can never kill them all without freezing.

Grief.exe

Not sure if you meant this thread but...

i7 2600K, 8GB RAM, GTX 4GB 770, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSDx2...

Hopefully some of the specs help.

The issue is freezing. I'm not sure what the cause is, but if you check the official forums I'm not alone.

I did get freezing in 1-3 just before the boss in the lake.(can't remember name)

I'm not getting it in 3-1 right after you kill the blind enemy that's shackled in the cell. The next room after that has about 15-20 enemies and I can never kill them all without freezing.

Are you still getting crashes post beta patch? If so, you should post your errors and system spec in this thread

http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558750544148269482/

Sectus

it doesn't even look like the in-game AA does anything. maybe my eyes are broken.

The game is slightly scaled no matter what resolution you play as, which results in some blur. That might be fooling your eyes, as the game changes from jaggies hid by blur to AA hid by blur. The latter looks better, but it's not a stark difference.

epmode

Has Capcom commented on the 30 FPS reload animation for both rifles? It's really strange that it only affects those two weapons.

The game is slightly scaled no matter what resolution you play as, which results in some blur.

This is true. It sure would be nice if this had the razor sharp polys of the Dolphin version. But even with the soft look, it's my favorite way to play the game. 60 FPS is great.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558749824294678385/#p53

Specular shader fixes by Sigma and other gamma fixes seem to be out.

http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/911/shaders-fix

Shame that people have to collect and download all this stuff to make the game look like it is supposed to be. Let's hope Capcom makes a 1.1 or something and adds those fixes.

I just got the game. Anyone have in development or completed mods worth grabbing?

Yep! Grab that one above!

Mods are still in the process of being developed mostly.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Turning AA off was the first thing I did. Though there's pretty much no visible aliasing now that I think about it.. Maybe I have some odd driver setting going. Noticed RE6 mercs ran horribly as well, usually a smooth 60

ChronoX

Well after many hours I am officially done with this game! It was just as awesome now as it was when I played it last ten years ago! Nothing else to acquire. I present to you, the ultimate inventory!

liqsHZw.jpg

What is the difference between Seperate Ways and Operation Ada?
They're different campaigns featuring Ada. Operation Ada was always in the game, having you play a side story as Ada during segments in the Island. Separate Ways was introduced for the PS2 version and has you playing as Ada's involvement during the main story. OA is rather short, should take about an hour to complete, while SW is a bit beefier and should take around 5 or so.

Newboi

What is the difference between Seperate Ways and Operation Ada?

Separate Ways is a short campaign the follows what Ada was doing during RE4.

Assignment Ada is just a small mini-game were you run through a very small section of the island level and collect 5 plagas samples.

Grief.exe

They're different campaigns featuring Ada. Operation Ada was always in the game, having you play a side story as Ada during segments in the Island. Separate Ways was introduced for the PS2 version and has you playing as Ada's involvement during the main story. OA is rather short, should take about an hour to complete, while SW is a bit beefier and should take around 5 or so.

Separate Ways is a short campaign the follows what Ada was doing during RE4.

Assignment Ada is just a small mini-game were you run through a very small section of the island level and collect 5 plagas samples.

Thanks for the info guys. I am curious about Ada's story and who Wesker is, but I would prefer to play through the main campaign again on Pro.

I realize that I am missing out on a useful costume by doing that, but not really interested in doing that campaign right now.

dreamfall

Goodness, South Park has been stealing me away. I gotta finish that last chapter and get cracking on Ada's campaigns!

Still. So. Gooooood.

Rusty100

Neo Member
Does the game have a borderless windowed mode? Or regular windowed mode and then you can use SRWE to remove the border?

I tried that WindowedBorderless app, and that definitely gets rid of the tear, but creates a weird grid overlay, like the picture is made up of a bunch of squares, but the edge of each square is missing a row of pixels. I remember it doing this in MGR too

Okay, fixed that. But now the mouse lag is back. I'm assuming windowed mode applies vsync automatically. great!

moniker

Have the dev team said anything about the gamma? All these screenshots looks really off, especially the ones with something bright/white in them.

Thanks for the info guys. I am curious about Ada's story and who Wesker is, but I would prefer to play through the main campaign again on Pro.

I realize that I am missing out on a useful costume by doing that, but not really interested in doing that campaign right now.

Separate ways is awesome man, seriously.

do a mix of both!

ada's campaign in seperate ways is awesome. Enemies move alot faster (tho you move faster too) and the campaign is a bit challenging (challenging if you wanna play perfect....) as saves are alot less frequent!

ada assignment is one big challenge mode as there is no save.

I like hunk and his instant kill neck breaker
Hunk is great, but dat semi-auto rifle. Ada has one too, but she doesn't have the Palm Thrust which is just awesome.

Just unlocked the Handcannon, woo!

Also just discovered that setting the mouse aim mode to the new Modern setting also increases your turn speed when using a controller.

Minsc

Gold Member

Separate Ways I'd do first, as others suggested, if you never played it. It compliments the main campaign, you basically play the main campaign over (parts of it), same maps, but you see it through the eye of Ada, and you help Leon without him seeing you etc. She has different weapons iirc as well. Mainly based on the fact another run is ~10-15 hours, and SW is like 4-5.

So the reason the specular maps aren't there in the 360/PS3/PC versions is because the UV mapping is flipped. Hilarious and sad at the same time. How could no one notice this at Capcom?

v0rtikal

yeah Grief, you've got to play Separate Ways, it's not an "extra".. it's actually part of the main story.
It's so good to experience what Ada was doing while you were killing enemies somewhere else.

yeah Grief, you've got to play Separate Ways, it's not an "extra".. it's actually part of the main story.
It's so good to experience what Ada was doing while you were killing enemies somewhere else.

RE6 also did this really well with Ada's campaign.

Also just discovered that setting the mouse aim mode to the new Modern setting also increases your turn speed when using a controller.

Really? I need to try that.

Top Bottom