• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Sectus

Where on earth are saves located? Tried the usual steammapps route. Nothing. My Games. Nothing.

My documents->My games->Capcom->RE4

Never liked how it's a puzzle to figure out where saves are. Some games save in game directory, some in steam user data, some within my documents, some within documents and settings.

Edit: Whoops. UnaiGamer is correct. Path I listed only has settings, not savedata.

not necessarily a major issue.

Sqz5KIA.png

Awesome news! We're getting closer to a true ultimate edition of the game. :)

you're going to help it happen. honestly, I'm really happy that we finally have a group working on doing HD textures that try to keep the original artists intent. I've been VERY harsh on the previous HD texture packs people have put out.

I was catching up on your progress on your blog this afternoon, and you're making fantastic progress. Keep it up!

Wow, I thought Ada was OP, but then I unlocked
Wesker
<3 Thanks for the Waterworld fix, Capcom.

I got 146,970 with him on the Village. With Ada it was somewhere around 80K.

That feel when the combo drops at 80 because a La Plaga emerged QQ And then you keep dropping it afterwards at 4 because you get insta-grabbed when opening doors/dropping down aaaaaargh.

Also, the Chainsaw sisters are too good at sneaking up behind you. They're legitimately frightening because of that.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Man...those Waterworld textures. I'm usually not someone bothered by low res textures, but fucking yikes. I'm glad the level is fixed though.

I'm a bit bothered there's still a delay before you can aim vertically with the mouse. Modern feels so much better but the delay still kills it for me.

Is there even an internal volume control in the fucking game? I couldn't find it so I had to alt tab, open my sound mixer and use windows to turn it down.

Mouse seems to be much better with the beta patch, might have a little positive acceleration so I need to test it more. Still, nothing as game breaking as how it was before and seems perfectly playable now.

New mouse aim seems good, can spin around on the spot while aiming like its nothing. Knife delay is indeed fixed ! Feels good. Still need to crank it up to 30 however to make it feel right.

Have Capcom commented on that shader stuff that was discovered/unlocked ? I mean .... if its there and just not "unlocked" so to speak, its either buggy as shit so they didn't use it, or like others have said, possible legal reasons due to how tied to Gamecube hardware it was ?

Can someone explain how the new mouse settings work? So the old setting is identical to how it is now, complete with negative mouse acceleration? And the new aiming settings are like the Wii version and let you move the laser at the same speed with all weapons, and the laser stays steady?

irishcow

Just beat this game for the first time yesterday. I really enjoyed it. I can see why it gets all of the praise that it does.

I do think the controls kind of blow though. Not enough to detract from the game once you get used to them but it's obvious that it was one of the first games of its kind.

Curufinwe

Wow, I thought Ada was OP, but then I unlocked
Wesker
<3 Thanks for the Waterworld fix, Capcom.

I got 146,970 with him on the Village. With Ada it was somewhere around 80K.
t.

My best score was 194,500 on the GC. The only time I killed all 124 ganados in the Village. Getting them all to spawn is tricky.

I knew something was wrong with the egg laying at 60fps. There was no way I'd get like 10 eggs in a few minutes.

Someone PLEASE bug them about the 30fps rifle animation. :(

Can someone explain how the new mouse settings work? So the old setting is identical to how it is now, complete with negative mouse acceleration? And the new aiming settings are like the Wii version and let you move the laser at the same speed with all weapons, and the laser stays steady?

The 'Classic' option is as it was before, negative acceleration and all. The new 'modern' one still isn't like the Wii version, there isn't a floating cursor on screen and the laser does still shake.

It's really dumb that they made the 'Classic' one the default, new players who never mess with it are just going to be stuck with broken mouse code. There is nothing 'Classic' about it, it's just broken.

There also seems to be a bug with the modern aiming, when firing the first shot (I've only tested with pistol) your aim jumps to the right, and then again on the second only a little. It doesn't jump at all for the remaining shots. Can anyone else test this and see if it's happening to them also?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558750544148269482/

Changes:

Users can now choose between two mouse control schemes: "CLASSIC" and "MODERN." MODERN setting makes the aiming utilizing native mouse functionality while "Classic" setting retains previous calibration from the original game.

Can someone PLEASE confirm whether or not this option allows us to use the same mouse/keyboard control scheme as RE5/RE6?? In other words, does this mean we can turn our character/camera around while moving, using the mouse(ala RE5 and RE6), rather than with the keyboard?

lexi

Banned
Can someone PLEASE confirm whether or not this option allows us to use the same mouse/keyboard control scheme as RE5/RE6?? In other words, does this mean we can turn our character/camera around while moving, using the mouse(ala RE5 and RE6), rather than with the keyboard?

I haven't played post-patch but I can pretty confidently say No. RE4 isn't built or designed around controlling the game like that.

Grief.exe

No.

RE4 is not balanced for that option. Enemy AI, gameplay, and the levels are designed around tank controls.

They are actually very good, give it 10 minutes and I guarantee you get used to them.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Am I crazy or is there a scaling issue with HUNK in the beta? He seems to be smaller than everyone else and I don't remember him being tiny. There's also something else that's off that I can't quite describe...at times, he looks like he's standing in front of a screen showing the game world rather than being a part of it.

Am I crazy or is there a scaling issue with HUNK in the beta? He seems to be smaller than everyone else and I don't remember him being tiny. There's also something else that's off that I can't quite describe...at times, he looks like he's standing in front of a screen showing the game world rather than being a part of it.
Your post made me curious so I played with Hunk and took screenshots of him by boxes in both the beta and vanilla versions.

He really is that small; both sets of screenshots were the same. I also kept an eye out to see if your trippy view came up but the game looked the same as ever to me.

Conclusion: u cray

def sim

I'm glad there's no more knife delay! The vertical delay for firearms needs some more work, though it has been reduced. I mean it's mostly fixed, but there's a bit of an odd rubber band effect when pulling up or down immediately after aiming. Anyhoo, m/kb is incredibly effective with the modern setting.

There also seems to be a bug with the modern aiming, when firing the first shot (I've only tested with pistol) your aim jumps to the right, and then again on the second only a little. It doesn't jump at all for the remaining shots. Can anyone else test this and see if it's happening to them also?

I've had that too, made things a bit bizarre while aiming.

Rusty100

Neo Member
I don't know if this has been discussed here, but is there any good solution to the really bad screen tearing? (Obviously other than vsync because I can't deal with the delayed mouse input). I've been trying combinations of things in RadeonPro but I can't figure out a way to get rid of it. It's ridiculous that the tearing is so bad.

Grief.exe

I don't know if this has been discussed here, but is there any good solution to the really bad screen tearing? (Obviously other than vsync because I can't deal with the delayed mouse input). I've been trying combinations of things in RadeonPro but I can't figure out a way to get rid of it. It's ridiculous that the tearing is so bad.

Game is automatically v-synced at 30/60 FPS depending on your settings.

Newboi

Been Playing through on Professional. I've gotten to the beginning of the Castle.

I feel like I'm cheating, but I chose Special Costume 2 so I can have Ashley armored. Using her to bait an angry mob to then throw a grenade under her feet is awesome! It's also funny watching El Gigante try and squeeze her to death, but accomplish nothing.

The Mendez fight was really annoying as he was much harder to knock off the pillars with the shotgun in his second form. On normal, I could easily shoot him off the pillar and effectively create a stun loop that keeps him from attacking me.

Once I beat Professional, I'm hoping to have 1 million Pesetas so I can play through the with Chicago Typewriter and sell all ammo and items for money. Trying to have a separate clear game with only broken weapons.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Does the game have a borderless windowed mode? Or regular windowed mode and then you can use SRWE to remove the border?

Curufinwe

Been Playing through on Professional. I've gotten to the beginning of the Castle.

I feel like I'm cheating, but I chose Special Costume 2 so I can have Ashley armored. Using her to bait an angry mob to then throw a grenade under her feet is awesome! It's also funny watching El Gigante try and squeeze her to death, but accomplish nothing.

The Mendez fight was really annoying as he was much harder to knock off the pillars with the shotgun in his second form. On normal, I could easily shoot him off the pillar and effectively create a stun loop that keeps him from attacking me.

I will use a RL on him on Pro since I'm trying to keep my deaths as low as possible.

Anyone have some of the animated textures in the game flickering for some reason? Like the maggot infested meat in the village and the giant hive nest in the castle.

Newboi

I will use a RL on him on Pro since I'm trying to keep my deaths as low as possible.

I normally never buy the tmp, but using the tmp against Mendez and the EL Gigantes on Professional really allow you to conserve ammo and massively weaken them. I had to use two potions on Mendez because I was expecting my shotgun to immediately stun him off the wooden beam in this second form.

Buying the TMP as a throwaway weapon is pretty useful. I have an abundance of ammo overall because of it lol. I only spent money on two capacity upgrades for it then I sold it at the castle.

I also didn't upgrade my shotgun. Instead, I just sold it at the Castle to buy a riot gun. Buying a riot gun is slightly cheaper than upgrading the shotgun to the same specifications, but it has the added benefit of longer range. I'll sell the un-upgraded riot gun for the striker once that becomes available.

I'm only at the very start of the Castle, but I have about 150,000 Pesetas I believe.

Unai

I normally never buy the tmp, but using the tmp against Mendez and the EL Gigantes on Professional really allow you to conserve ammo and massively weaken them. I had to use two potions on Mendez because I was expecting my shotgun to immediately stun him off the wooden beam in this second form.

Buying the TMP as a throwaway weapon is pretty useful. I have an abundance of ammo overall because of it lol. I only spent money on two capacity upgrades for it then I sold it at the castle.

I also didn't upgrade my shotgun. Instead, I just sold it at the Castle to buy a riot gun. Buying a riot gun is slightly cheaper than upgrading the shotgun to the same specifications, but it has the added benefit of longer range. I'll sell the un-upgraded riot gun for the striker once that becomes available.

I'm only at the very start of the Castle, but I have about 150,000 Pesetas I believe.

I had much more due to egg farming.

Newboi

I had much more due to egg farming.

That takes too long. I like to speed run through the game lol. I'm on the beta patch, which makes egg farming take even longer. I could also have farmed large bass, but It's just not worth it to me. I can't buy anything good until a new game+ play through and I'll have more than enough money to buy a special weapon by then just normally running through the game. Besides, the PRL 412 should be free on New Game+ anyways, which I can use to sell most of my other items.

Grief.exe

Here is what is listed on the forums

March 14th, Beta 1.0.2 Hotfix

Hi all,

We just updated the beta patch to version 1.0.2. Just a few small fixes that were caught shortly after 1.0.1 release which some have reported here already. You will need to quit the game completely and wait for the patch to download. As with previous beta updates, version number is visible at the lower right corner of the title screen.

Change log
Bug fixes:
Fix for laser sight “jumping” to the right after shooting in “Modern” aim mode
Fix for unresponsive state issues in Separate Ways/Another Order mode
Cutscenes in 30fps mode are again displayed at the proper 30fps rate

Previous Known Issues from version 1.0.1 and before are still unfixed at this time.

Top Bottom