• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Xbox (Not Actually) Confirmed

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sell your PS2s and Gamecubes it's all over

""Resident Evil 4 will also be coming out on Xbox. About the same time as the PlayStation 2 release in just short of a year's time," we were told, confirming our news from earlier this week that additional versions will not see the light of day for a considerable amount of time."

Translation: We are gonna port this game to next gen consols as well

snapty00

Banned
I doubt it's true (just because Folder and his site are dumb), but if it is...

It's almost like Sony, Microsoft, Capcom, and Nintendo have ganged up to break the wills of Nintendo fans.

I like the new Nintendo!

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
olimario said:
Hooray for Folder!
His website is at the forefront of exciting gaming news and is the epitome of credible!
Yes! Another thread ignoring the actual news!
Oh boy, it is going to be fun, you were right! I wonder why I ended up being called Folder?

SantaC

I don't really care. I was upset when it went to PS2, but now when it's on PS2 I don't really care it goes to xbox too. Damage was already done anyway.

jenov4

Oh shit! PS2 owners am crying.

Anyways, I'll probably end up getting the GC version. I don't like ports. ;)

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreenGiant said:
Ha ha. Can we ban the word Spong on the forum again? And Folder. I like how the news was taken from a drunk.

shandy?
Why ban it? Can if you like... Seems a little *ultra petty* though. Ho hum. :)
Shany is the mixture of lager/bitter with lemonade, enjoyed in the South of England by pufters.

SyNapSe

No way :lol It doesn't even seem worth it. I can't imagine there would be that many extra sales for an Xbox version.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
May be true because capcom could do with the money, they should even port RE:Remake and RE:0 to PS2 and Xbox if it can be done.

Still I would wait until it’s official until the last of us sell our gamecubes

olimario

Banned
I PREDICT
NORMAL MAPPING OVER ALL THE CRAP TEXTURES
AMAZING SHADOWING LIKE SC3
UPPED POLYS IN ALL MODELS
5.1 DOLBY SURROUND

This will be the version to get.

snapty00

Banned
bogg said:
You know what's gonna be funny? If the gc version get canceld. LOLOL
Oh, God. Now that would be good. Capcom, make it happen!

Do you think Capcom could somehow also get the new Star Fox, Jungle Beat, and Zelda cancelled? Capcom has got to have some connections!

SantaC

olimario said:
I PREDICT
NORMAL MAPPING OVER ALL THE CRAP TEXTURES
AMAZING SHADOWING LIKE SC3
UPPED POLYS IN ALL MODELS
5.1 DOLBY SURROUND

This will be the version to get.

yeah and 8 months later.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Off down the pub now. Enjoy slagging us off you utter bastards.
The news should be announced next week or the week after.
Ta ra.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
SyNapSe said:
No way :lol It doesn't even seem worth it. I can't imagine there would be that many extra sales for an Xbox version.

The same could be said about releasing the game on GC to begin with, releasing the game on Xbox does make the game available for 17 million console owners with large numbers in PAL areas were the GC is doing very poorly

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
someone after perhaps a few too many shandies let slip to SPOnG that Resident Evil 4, the former GameCube exclusive, will be making its way to Xbox following the revelation last week that a PlayStation 2 version is underway.

HAHAHA I laught at you Spong

drunk.jpg

drunk.jpg

Drunk%201Ls.jpg

sources ^^

snapty00

Banned
Folder said:
Off down the pub now. Enjoy slagging us off you utter bastards.
The news should be announced next week or the week after.
Ta ra.
Yeah, I can't understand why anyone would be skeptical of news on your site! You obviously have not earned such skepticism! Clearly, you are the victim!

LOL @ Spong. When RE4 was announced on PS2 I knew it was a matter of a few days for Spong to come up with RE4 on Xbox. I was right :D

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm not sure about this.

On one hand...the news comes from Spong
On the other hand...the news comes from Spong

Spong has a notorious history...but they also have a (not so recent) streak of highly doubted yet true news stories...

SantaC

Actually this news might be worse for PS2 fans. Who's going to have a hard time choosing between the ps2 and xbox version?

:lol :lol :lol

Man, it would be great if this news were true because it would mean that SPONG was actually factually correct in a story, and it would add more salt in the wounds of bitter Nintendo fans.

If you have both of those, you have a huge ass thread. :)

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Littleberu said:
LOLOL, 2 players mode in GTA :SA!! BULLSHIT!

Oh wait, it was true.

You're forgetting that the sources for that news were probably actually more reliable than drunk capcom reps

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
if this is true.. why wasnt it just announced along side the ps2 version.. what would be the point of delaying the annoucment if they are both coming out at the same time ?

It kind of pointless to bring it to the Xbox, with Xbo2 around the corner. By the time its released most gamers would played it or watched someone else play it on GC.

Now releasing it as a launch title for the Xbox2 is a totally different story. I would play it all over again.

Elios83

quadriplegicjon said:
if this is true.. why wasnt it just announced along side the ps2 version.. what would be the point of delaying the annoucment if they are both coming out at the same time ?

In fact,what is the sense of announcing the Xbox porting 2-weeks later than the PS2 version ^_^''Just announce a multiplatform strategy all at once.

Top Bottom