• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

The camera pulls back for certain stages. The E3 demonstration is what the Prelude chapter looks like, but elsewhere in the game, it's the demo camera. Baffling that it's not an option, as it looks so much more awesome.

So is confirmed?....no camera options in the final game?...for fucks sake, capcom...

Hey, I'm not blaming you at all. I just like to take cheapshots at a fictional character called Leon for whatever reason. It looks nice in general. Just, Leon.

If it were up to me the entire game would be Leon-centric especially considering how much better his demo is compared to Chris' :p

Mr. Fix

Team Chris!

tumblr_mah0n1Vto31r87xsqo1_500.jpg

Awesome job at the OT, nemmy!

ErikB

Banned
So is confirmed?....no camera options in the final game?...for fucks sake, capcom...

I doubt it. After a week long hissy fit about compromising the original vision of the game, they finally fessed up that you wouldn't be able to use the DD demo view in the final game, so I wouldn't expect there to be any options.

To be honest, the camera moves around so much I don't think changing it is a small job.

Verendus

Banned
<Hi five!>

FWIW, you might want to check out the demo. The game is very different from the previous ones, and you may as well get in some practice.
I'm tempted, but I think I'd like to get my hands on it fresh. It's not often I get the chance to do it with a game. I always end up following media or playing a demo for something I'm hyped about. I may as well do it fresh now since I've come this far. It's coming out next week after all.

If it were up to me the entire game would be Leon-centric especially considering how much better his demo is compared to Chris' :p
Yeah, you wouldn't be saying that if Chris boulder punched Leon's pansy face off his face! Exactly, you heard.

Sojgat

Banner fails for not having Chris Goddamn Redfield front and centre. Rest of OP looks good however.

I haven't kept up to date about this game at all. I didn't even read the OP since I may as well go in completely fresh at this point. Really excited to play another RE game after so long. RE5 was decent at best, and that was when playing with someone else. Hopefully, RE6 delivers more of a memorable experience. All I know is there are multiple campaigns, Chris Goddamn Redfield is back, and so is that pussy Leon.

<Hi five!>

Team Chris!

tumblr_maoky6mZN21rh2wq8o1_500.gif

"Pussy" Leon has two movies and one of the most acclaimed games ever made all to himself and is still kicking ass, while Chris
has lost his memory, started drinking, and given up on life:)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know if it's your sort of thing but I'm sure some of us will be making some alternative covers for the game. I know I'm going to try my hand at one.

Really? Why bother? Pretty much the only part of the box I'm ever going to see is the spine once I put it on my shelf.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Let's just say that Leon wouldn't be able to handle the boulder-situation.

Teknoman

Day 1 from Amazon for the high seas fortress. I really liked the demo, and honestly I think its hard to do a proper demo for certain game types in the first place.

The more than 2 player co-op sounds a little confusing though. I mean if more than 2 players join in a 4p scenario section, what happens after they clear that? Everyone goes their separate ways (lol)?

I'm sure he could have kicked it out of the way. Either that or that dog would have shown up to headbutt it.

ErikB

Banned

We know he couldn't. He ran from the boulder like a pussy. Chris went on the offensive!

(I'd swear basing this game around a scene where Leon and Chris point their guns at each other was, if nothing else, a stroke of genius)

dreamfall

Wish we knew the PC date! Not going to wait- I put money down on the Archives. Played most of the franchise on 360, happy to go back.

I'm excited! A lot of negativity (most of it subjectively justified) but the OT is glorious!

News Bot

Banned
The game is supposed to have about twenty or so files per campaign, mainly character/enemy dossiers and general plot points. Most of the backstory is contained within the files, and there are several things which won't make a lot of sense in the game itself if you don't/haven't read the files. The files are unlocked by shooting the blue "Simmons Family" emblems, which will also unlock the figures and such.

Basically, typical BIO game. No in-game files though, a shame.

I hope he comes back somehow... some day. My favorite RE character.

Jake gets corrupted/turned bad at the end of RE6, turns into the bad guy in RE7, escapes capture and threatens the world with global saturation in RE8. Chris reluctantly clones Wesker at the start of RE8 to bring down his son.

Wesker is back.

Lucent

Chris defeated Wesker... Wesker.

I'm Team Jill. :(

But he had help from Sheva and Jill.

I think the only help Leon had was Ada dropping that special rocket launcher to help him finish Saddler.

For the record, I like them both, but I've grown more attached to Leon than Chris.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jake gets corrupted/turned bad at the end of RE6, turns into the bad guy in RE7, escapes capture and threatens the world with global saturation in RE8. Chris reluctantly clones Wesker at the start of RE8 to bring down his son.

Wesker is back.

This thought had run through my head at least once.

Verendus

Banned

"Pussy" Leon has two movies and one of the most acclaimed games ever made all to himself and is still kicking ass, while Chris
has lost his memory, started drinking, and given up on life:)
Still a pussy.

All I'm going to say is if there's a point in this game where Chris and Leon cross paths, and then you have to play the campaign whilst being able to friendly fire, I will just kill Leon repeatedly. I won't even be able to rationalise it. It'll just happen. And then there will be an RE game that I haven't completed. Why? Because Leon's a pussy.

Eidan

But he had help from Sheva and Jill.

I think the only help Leon had was Ada dropping that special rocket launcher to help him finish Saddler.

For the record, I like them both, but I've grown more attached to Leon than Chris.

Leon had that dog.

Lucent

Leon had that dog.

Not if you left it alone or shot it =x

lol but yeah that dog was awesome. He's a true hero. Didn't even have Leon bandage him up before running off. He just lives off the adrenalin rush and excels in the field of battle.

Sojgat

Still a pussy.

All I'm going to say is if there's a point in this game where Chris and Leon cross paths, and then you have to play the campaign whilst being able to friendly fire, I will just kill Leon repeatedly. I won't even be able to rationalise it. It'll just happen. And then there will be an RE game that I haven't completed. Why? Because Leon's a pussy.

lol at pussynodding.gif

Chris would get his ass handed to him.

Top Bottom