• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Maybe once we figure out what the most preferred camera angle/style is, we can pitch it to Capcpom and they'll add the option. It seems to be putting so many people off, which is a shame.

Eidan

How do you do the thing where the picture is small until you click it?

edit: thanks guys below me

Anyway, this is just the first RE4 image I grabbed. Leon actually takes up varying amounts of space depending on what you're doing in the game. So sometimes you can see a lot more of him, but no matter what he obscures way less of the background.

Hm, they look fairly comparable to me. The issue seems to be that the increased mobility of the characters in RE6 (and the resulting increased capabilities of the enemies), makes the camera angle no longer conducive.

I miss tank controls.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Have fun guys, I will wait for the PC version after a few months release so I can look forward to the ENB modification and other tweaks. I can't justify paying full price for this on day one.

Sojgat

So... at least the complaints about not being able to see below the waist are clearly bollocks?

:)

It really doesn't bother me. Actually, I really liked the way it was in the DD demo, which had a pretty different aim camera.

And I do tend to think people who suffer from motion sickness are wusses. Probably shouldn't , but there it is.

That picture is of the sprint camera, where it actually pulls out closer to what would be a standard TPS view. I don't think getting motion sickness has anything to do with being feeble or unmanly.

You can kind of see this by looking at the E3 demo... the camera was much further back in that demonstration.

Baffling that that isn't the default camera and it's possibly that camera option isn't even in the game. The microsoft E3 demo looked fine camera wise, and then the demo hit and we got this mess.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
this is the default walking camera in RE4
cq2eY.jpg

RE6
Kpy45.jpg

It's more of an issue with roided up Chris taking up a large part of the screen.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Hm, they look fairly comparable to me. The issue seems to be that the increased mobility of the characters in RE6 (and the resulting increased capabilities of the enemies), makes the camera angle no longer conducive.

I miss tank controls.

I chose a stupid picture. I think Leon is actually backing toward the camera in that one. Watch any footage of him running forward and he's less than half the size of Chris in the frame.

edit: Yes, perfect example above. Thanks, alr1ght.

News Bot

Banned
The camera pulls back for certain stages. The E3 demonstration is what the Prelude chapter looks like, but elsewhere in the game, it's the demo camera. Baffling that it's not an option, as it looks so much more awesome.

PowderedToast

Just checked, you're correct.

In the options menu it describes it as sprint correction but in practice it works in all circumstances.

edit: Day 1 PSN download! yay (now let me get greedy and ask for preload lol)

i'm almost certain the pre-order for the UK store has pre-loading, so US should have too

i've got counters down to a science now. it's quite easy with practice because an icon actually shows for a split-second

Replicant

And I do tend to think people who suffer from motion sickness are wusses. Probably shouldn't , but there it is.

You're an idiot so it's no wonder you think like that.

I really hope you're not Capcom rep because this is some outright dumbass comment. Health and Safety regulations relating to consumer product is a serious issues. If enough people suffering from motion sickness due to the game, Capcom can and will get sued for not doing enough testing to ensure the product is safe for people to use. And it has happened in Japan when an anime induced seizures in some viewers. And for you to make fun of people who got seriously affected health-wise due to exposure to the game is just crass and tacky. But then again it doesn't surprise me.

Pretty much. The extra movement essentially requires them to adopt something similar to Vanquish or Uncharted 3's FOV. Then you can zip in and out from enemies to enemies without rotating the camera far too often.

Lucent

The camera pulls back for certain stages. The E3 demonstration is what the Prelude chapter looks like, but elsewhere in the game, it's the demo camera. Baffling that it's not an option, as it looks so much more awesome.

Mmmm...I guess as long as the camera they choose for each part makes sense, I'm okay with that. Though I would prefer having the option to use the E3 demonstration camera the whole way if possible. I'm okay with how it is in the demo. Just options are awesome.

Probably because it's much easier to make the FOV smaller to increase performance instead of actually cut back detail or optimize the game for these old pieces of hardware. I'm sure the framerate would take bigger and more regular dives if they even offered the wider FOV of RE5 at increased quality of image processing that RE6 works with.

Would be cool if they patched in an option just to check it out I guess.

Anyway, been playing the Chris demo taking these complaints into consideration and I definitely understand them now. It doesn't bother me, but I get it.

def sim

That Conan review was hilarious. I can't wait for my friend to get this for some dumb co op.

for real

my buddy and i usually don't even play games that much but we did everything in re5. i mean, all toys, costumes and whatever else was in there; we got. hopefully re6 doesn't turn us away because of the fov

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So... at least the complaints about not being able to see below the waist are clearly bollocks?

:)

It really doesn't bother me. Actually, I really liked the way it was in the DD demo, which had a pretty different aim camera.

Hooray for selective reading. Let's choose to not address the main point of the post completely!

for real

my buddy and i usually don't even play games that much but we did everything in re5. i mean, all toys, costumes and whatever else was in there; we got. hopefully re6 doesn't turn us away because of the fov

This about sums up my Resident Evil 5 experience. Hopefully the slow paced sections don't hurt multiple playthroughs.

Sojgat

I can't help but notice that you can't see below his waist...

It is definitely different from RE4. I just don't think it is worse. Indeed it has a charm all its own.

It's also generally locked and doesn't rattle around every time an explosion goes off, and tripping over corpses wasn't a thing in RE4.

Deadly

I read the characters bit in the OP and what's this about revealing the truth about Raccoon City and etc? I thought that already happened?

From playing the newer demo I'm pretty excited for this. Co-op is going to be a blast with my best friend If the demo is anything to go by. Lots of funny moments. The thing I hope they fixed though was the darkness. In Leon's part I could not see a thing. I feel like they were supposed to have flashlights on.

TentPole

From playing the newer demo I'm pretty excited for this. Co-op is going to be a blast with my best friend If the demo is anything to go by. Lots of funny moments. The thing I hope they fixed though was the darkness. In Leon's part I could not see a thing. I feel like they were supposed to have flashlights on.

Overcompensation for RE5?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I can't help but notice that you can't see below his waist...

It is definitely different from RE4. I just don't think it is worse. Indeed it has a charm all its own.

Since you're repeating yourself on this point, which argument is it that you think you have won?

News Bot

Banned
I read the characters bit in the OP and what's this about revealing the truth about Raccoon City and etc? I thought that already happened?

Revealing the government's involvement with Umbrella (they were their top customer in bio-weapons) and their collusion during the incident, I believe. Everyone already knows Umbrella caused it, but the government was working with them to try and cover it up and already had the plan to bomb the city in place in the event that their extradition of William Birkin failed. Getting them to reveal their involvement was the motive of Miller in Degeneration.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
cvxfreak ♥ :(

Sojgat

It's more of an issue with roided up Chris taking up a large part of the screen.

True to some extent, but I also see half as much vertical space above Leon and less horizontal space on either side than in RE4. The camera is just too close for some people, I'm going to stop talking about it now as others are probably getting sick of it and I'm getting pedantic.

Edit:

Now I can see you have actually made another post showing that exact thing, oops.

Verendus

Banned
Banner fails for not having Chris Goddamn Redfield front and centre. Rest of OP looks good however.

I haven't kept up to date about this game at all. I didn't even read the OP since I may as well go in completely fresh at this point. Really excited to play another RE game after so long. RE5 was decent at best, and that was when playing with someone else. Hopefully, RE6 delivers more of a memorable experience. All I know is there are multiple campaigns, Chris Goddamn Redfield is back, and so is that pussy Leon.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
True to some extent, but I also see half as much vertical space above Leon and less horizontal space on either side than in RE4. The camera is just too close for some people, I'm going to stop talking about it now as others are probably getting sick of it and I'm getting pedantic.

Edit:

Now I can see you have actually made another post showing that exact thing, oops.
The low FOV, huge on-screen character, low framerate, and hoards of enemies all combine into something completely frustrating. It's not just a matter of camera placement. There are more issues at hand.

Unless you want people to tell you why everything after Code Veronica sucks, I wouldn't bother.

I guess that means you have one? If so, post this:

Will there be an option to adjust the camera angle/field of view in the retail version of RE6? If not, is there any possibility of patching the option into the game?

ErikB

Banned
All I know is there are multiple campaigns, Chris Goddamn Redfield is back, and so is that pussy Leon.

<Hi five!>

FWIW, you might want to check out the demo. The game is very different from the previous ones, and you may as well get in some practice.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I guess that means you have one? If so, post this:

Will there be and option to adjust the camera angle/field of view in the retail version of RE6? If not, is there any possibility of patching the option into the game?

ErikB will never post that. lol

Top Bottom