• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Riposte

It's crazy. It's like RE6 is a durian or something. I thought Dragon's Dogma was divisive, but this game is on a whole other level.

Hahaha, a durian, that's a good pull. Yeah, I don't I've ever seen a game this widely divisive.

fuck durians

If Leon's last two chapters are thought to be inferior, I might swap them with Chris in the story order so I can end on a highlight. Crazy talk?

ironcreed

Banned
Two different impressions of Chapter 4 at the same time, on different ends of the spectrum...talk about variation.

My main gripe with chapter 4 was the start with the
airplane
. The QTE involved at the end of the segment was absolutely abysmal. The rest of the chapter was OK for me, but nothing to write home about. On the whole, I have found Leon's campaign to be fantastic all the way until the end of the Catacombs in chapter 3, but it just turned a bit sour for me there. Will polish off chapter 5 tomorrow and then start on Chris's campaign.

News Bot

Banned
My main gripe with chapter 4 was the start with the
airplane
. The QTE involved at the end of the segment was absolutely abysmal. The rest of the chapter was OK for me, but nothing to write home about. On the whole, I have found Leon's campaign to be fantastic all the way until the end of the Catacombs in chapter 3, but it just turned a bit sour for me there. Will polish off chapter 5 tomorrow and then start on Chris's campaign.

Once you actually know what to even fucking do at that QTE it's fine. The airplane segment is one of my favorite parts of the game, I'm all for zombie outbreaks in isolated spaces, especially when that space is moving and bonus points if it's on water or in the air.

Noi

Finished Chris' story and started a bit of Jake's. I can see why you'd want to play Piers for the last chapter, but I wouldn't trade playing as Chris in Chapter 4 for anything. Woohah!

Also, Jake's Hand to Hand is so good. <3 Even playing on Professional I just try to combo everything.

Edit: Seeing how it's been mentioned, maybe it's because I'm playing on co-op, but I've had no problems with ANY of the bosses on Veteran. Hell, I even solo'd the
two Ogroman
on Jake's Chapter 1 on Professional cause I've gotten way more used to the controls and how to dodge properly.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I mean like government-running Illuminati. Ada's last words in that chapter suggested something similar to the dudes from Deus Ex.

WILL YOU PEOPLE USE THE GOD DAMN SPOILER TAGS FFS! How many times do I have to ask?

I'm just staying out of this thread for the next week, Jesus.

ironcreed

Banned
Once you actually know what to even fucking do at that QTE it's fine. The airplane segment is one of my favorite parts of the game, I'm all for zombie outbreaks in isolated spaces, especially when that space is moving and bonus points if it's on water or in the air.

Being thrown around and the segment before the QTE was alright, but the end of it just felt extremely poor to me. As did the
shark boss
that proceeded it at the end of chapter 3. Absolutely loved the Catacombs up until that point, though. I just wish that kind of tone was maintained through chapter 4.

Gbraga

The
doll warehouse section
on Jake's Chapter 1 is quite interesting, it would be cool to have more stuff like that during the game.

If I got into a place like that in real life I would just start shitting myself and crying.

And thank you GAF for making me kinda like the Prelude. I was expecting it to be so bad that I was like "oh that's it?", I thought it would be much worse and more painful. What I liked about it was how well represented the zombie outbreak was in there, that was really well done.

Teknoman

RESIDENT EVIL.NET

Current access is concentrated

Currently, due to the concentration of access, and a state in which a server process can not be performed properly on the "RESIDENT EVIL.NET".

I am sorry to inconvenience, thank you for your patience until now improved.

Booooo.

IrishNinja

i'm trying to play local co-op and it's not yet giving me the option...does that open up later, or do i need XBL gold to use it? the latter would be pretty shitty

Kyon

Banned
i'm trying to play local co-op and it's not yet giving me the option...does that open up later, or do i need XBL gold to use it? the latter would be pretty shitty

The beginning is a tutorial hun lol after that when you choose any campaign you have the option to do split screen

hamchan

Jake Campaign done. I quite liked it since there weren't a lot of frustrating moments at all. There were a lot of QTE vehicle type sections but I'm fine with those. Also Jake and Sherry make a great couple but seeing as this is Resident Evil, there will be no love.

That's all 3 campaigns done in 18 hours, 7 minutes.

Also the endings all seem a bit abrupt for every campaign. Let's see if 4th wraps it up nicely now.

Lucent

Jake Campaign done. I quite liked it since there weren't a lot of frustrating moments at all. There were a lot of QTE vehicle type sections but I'm fine with those. Also Jake and Sherry make a great couple but seeing as this is Resident Evil, there will be no love.

That's all 3 campaigns done in 18 hours, 7 minutes.

Also the endings all seem a bit abrupt for every campaign. Let's see if 4th wraps it up nicely now.

D=

A tad shorter than I'd been hearing.

def sim

Anybody got any tips for taking out the
fat guys
Leon chapter 1. It seems like they're just bullet sponges.

No, you've figured that fight out. Unless you're forced to fight them, just run around and move on. I don't know about the other difficulties, but, in professional, they're a total waste of ammo.

D=

The people throwing around thirty hours are exaggerating. We weren't rushing and finished all campaigns in twenty-three or so hours.

hamchan

It's crazy. It's like RE6 is a durian or something. I thought Dragon's Dogma was divisive, but this game is on a whole other level.

Indeed. Before I saw someone in here that hated Chris chapter 3 and I was like "What, but I loved that chapter!". What a weird game this is.

D=

Played on Normal all the way through. Probably the skills helped a lot by the third campaign and I think I just got way better at the game by then.

Found out that even sniper rifles can be used at great effectiveness close range with quick shot.

So I just beat Leons chapter 1, did I miss something? Why the fuck does his chapter just start in the middle of the outbreak? How did he not notice it happening? I feel like there's an opening cutscene I skipped or something.

Teknoman

So I just beat Leons chapter 1, did I miss something? Why the fuck does his chapter just start in the middle of the outbreak? How did he not notice it happening? I feel like there's an opening cutscene I skipped or something.

Probably will find out through the others, check the cutscene log too since it places things chronologically.

Honestly I dont know either, but i'm just in Leon chapter 2.

hamchan

All the campaigns are like that. It's damn weird. Whoever directed the story to be like this didn't do a great job.

All the campaigns are like that. It's damn weird. Whoever directed the story to be like this didn't do a great job.

It doesn't make any sense though, it's like Leon and Helena were somehow teleported into the university after the outbreak bomb or fog or whatever the hell it was went off. Chris and Jakes make a lot more sense but Leons is just bizarre.

Sojgat

I just finished Leon's campaign for the 2nd time. It still hate it. There are some nice visuals, and they attempt to recapture the Classic RE atmosphere in the first few chapters, but it's really just a parade of awful boss fights and clumsy QTE set pieces. The puzzles are inane, and the core combat rarely gets a chance to shine. The death animations are the best part. That being said, I love Chris's campaign, and most parts of Jake's where you aren't just running at the camera.

People should score the individual campaigns, it would be fascinating, everybody has such differing opinions on them.

Replicant

The
doll warehouse section
on Jake's Chapter 1 is quite interesting, it would be cool to have more stuff like that during the game.

That part reminds me of Silent Hill so much. This game is a mish mash of different games from Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted, and many others.

Gbraga

That part reminds me of Silent Hill so much. This game is a mish mash of different games from Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted, and many others.

Yes! Dat SH vibe was great, I wish it lasted more than 1 minute though lol

Bladenic

WILL YOU PEOPLE USE THE GOD DAMN SPOILER TAGS FFS! How many times do I have to ask?

I'm just staying out of this thread for the next week, Jesus.

This. Every time I pop in this thread I fucking regret. I wish people would spoiler tag locations too, ugh. Staying the fuck out until my game gets here. Hell I should probably stay out until I beat the whole thing.

Finally got a chance to play. After the pretty awful prologue, I've decided to go with the Dusk Golem chronological route, and started with Chris Chapter 1. I'm playing on Professional solo, which is a bit tough. I tend to make it to checkpoints okay, but the total lack of herbs is bullshit. I think I got two at the beginning and that was it.

Running out of ammo is a problem, but it makes me assess the situation more and use melee attacks. I'm digging the melee and stamina bar, even the pills for recovery are okay to use. I still have to get used to cover and dodging, which I think is a little janky because I have to use LT+A and then release A to scooch around the area.

Also, Piers could be a better shot when I'm trying to slowly cross a beam and J'avo are just shooting at me. Lost like, 3 health tabs because of that.

Noi

People should score the individual campaigns, it would be fascinating, everybody has such differing opinions on them.

Chris > Jake > Leon to me for now. Leon's is rather uneventful and drags due to him being all over the place (and the awful QTE segments), while Chris is always in the heat of the action, has a lot of intense set pieces and barely any QTEs. I did Leon first, but I actually learned how to play with Chris because I barely ever had to roll or do anything strenuous as Leon.

Finally got a chance to play. After the pretty awful prologue, I've decided to go with the Dusk Golem chronological route, and started with Chris Chapter 1. I'm playing on Professional solo, which is a bit tough. I tend to make it to checkpoints okay, but the total lack of herbs is bullshit. I think I got two at the beginning and that was it.

Running out of ammo is a problem, but it makes me assess the situation more and use melee attacks. I'm digging the melee and stamina bar, even the pills for recovery are okay to use. I still have to get used to cover and dodging, which I think is a little janky because I have to use LT+A and then release A to scooch around the area.

Also, Piers could be a better shot when I'm trying to slowly cross a beam and J'avo are just shooting at me. Lost like, 3 health tabs because of that.

I did Veteran co-op for Chris, me and my partner were pretty much out of ammo at all times. When we got to the beam part, he didnt even have ammo for his rifle to cover me. I don't think I spent a moment in all of his Chapter 1 and 2 with more than two health squares.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah but then
I melee them or shoot them and they just get back up.
I eventually wore one or two down but it took forever.

Yeah, they seem to take a beating either way. For chapter 1 you can't do much, you'll have better guns when you see them again.

Replicant

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Fangirls on tumblr being all butthurt that
Leon/Ada
is pretty much canon now. But how can you not even notice it? They've thrown many girls at this guy and he's always fixated on this one.

I also love it that
Chris is more stressed out at losing his men than he ever does at Jill
. It really makes some people salty. It's really interesting how Capcom intentionally steering him away from clear-cut love interest unlike what they've done for
Leon and now, Jake.

Top Bottom