• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The fucking music is so GOOD. Me and my partner just suck at it, we never get a rank S... If you die and continue, will it detract from the score?

Also, anyone got any shining bits of advice for Mercs and/or Mercs Duo?

Try going for melee kills and counter kills to get additional time. Melee is +5 and counter is +10, they add up a lot.

RedSwirl

At the end of Leon's Ch.4, and I think I'm done with this game. With rare exceptions, it's garbage. The story is fragmented and almost non-existent, combat is boring, QTEs are frequent and annoying, level design is ass, boss fights are tedious, the upgrade system has been replaced with a crummy skills system, and the camera is still too fuckin' close.

There are rare moments like Chris Ch.4 where it seems like a competent third person shooter, but unless you love QTEs and a weird bastardization of RE4-5 combat system, it's trash.

2/5

I see what you're saying already. Leon's campaign has ZERO plot development until the end of chapter 2.

In terms of the combat though, I think there's a good game in there somewhere if you get used to its new intricacies. It just get's bogged down by a shitload of QTEs and overbearing scripted events.

Replicant

Finally got a chance to play. After the pretty awful prologue, I've decided to go with the Dusk Golem chronological route, and started with Chris Chapter 1. I'm playing on Professional solo, which is a bit tough. I tend to make it to checkpoints okay, but the total lack of herbs is bullshit. I think I got two at the beginning and that was it.

Running out of ammo is a problem, but it makes me assess the situation more and use melee attacks. I'm digging the melee and stamina bar, even the pills for recovery are okay to use. I still have to get used to cover and dodging, which I think is a little janky because I have to use LT+A and then release A to scooch around the area.

Those are the same things. You can turn herbs into pill. In fact, you should do that instead of eating the herbs directly because that's not cost-effective (since you only get 1 pill out of 1 herb). 1 green herb + 1 red herb = 6 pills. 2 green herbs = 3 pills.

Sojgat

Those are the same things. You can turn herbs into pill. In fact, you should do that instead of eating the herbs directly because that's not cost-effective. 1 green herb + 1 red herb = 6 pills. 2 green herbs = 3 pills.

and remember you can auto mix herbs/refill tablets without going into the inventory by:

R2 + Square on PS3
RB + X on 360

Where's Dusk Golem's chrono timeline?

Can you play like that right away or do you need to complete individual campaigns first?

I mean fuck, did the devs imply at all the order they wanted the player to play these in lol?

Noi

I have serious difficulty with this concept. Hoarding one time use explosive items or valuable ammo, well, yknow how it is.

Hah, believe me, it hurts on the inside every time I have to throw something away to pick up an herb to mix or ammo for the guns I use most. You shouldn't fret over remote bombs though, you get plenty and they aren't rare at all.

Speaking of explosives, is there a point to flash grenades? They seem incredibly gimped compared to the RE4/5 ones that one-shot transformed Ganado/Majini.

I also love it that
Chris is more stressed out at losing his men than he ever does at Jill
. It really makes some people salty. It's really interesting how Capcom intentionally steering him away from clear-cut love interest unlike what they've done for
Leon and now, Jake.
I kinda disagree
Jill's 'death' was 2 years prior to RE5 so it would have settled some by then. his men getting killed in the trap happens then he is immediately knocked out then gets his memory back at the current time.

also he knows the person responsible is still out there, Wesker was assumed dead.

News Bot

Banned
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Fangirls on tumblr being all butthurt that
Leon/Ada
is pretty much canon now. But how can you not even notice it? They've thrown many girls at this guy and he's always fixated on this one.

I also love it that
Chris is more stressed out at losing his men than he ever does at Jill
. It really makes some people salty. It's really interesting how Capcom intentionally steering him away from clear-cut love interest unlike what they've done for
Leon and now, Jake.

Chris was quite stressed after losing Jill and he released it by throwing himself into fighting bioterrorism, usually alone, but he didn't happen to
get punched in the face repeatedly by a ton-weighing monster and then have his skull thrown into and cracking solid concrete.

Sojgat

Hah, believe me, it hurts on the inside every time I have to throw something away to pick up an herb to mix or ammo for the guns I use most. You shouldn't fret over remote bombs though, you get plenty and they aren't rare at all.

Speaking of explosives, is there a point to flash grenades? They seem incredibly gimped compared to the RE4/5 ones that one-shot transformed Ganado/Majini.

They just blind enemies, but it lasts for a good time before they recover. I thought I
killed a J'avo while still in chrysalises state,
but I could have imagined it.

Edit: Just Googled it, it does kill them,
it's a quick way to stop them mutating while in that form

Replicant

Chris was quite stressed after losing Jill and he released it by throwing himself into fighting bioterrorism, usually alone, but he didn't happen to
get punched in the face repeatedly by a ton-weighing monster and then have his skull thrown into and cracking solid concrete.

Yes he did. And there's no need for a monster to do that in RE5. Wesker took that role already in case you've forgotten.

Trying to input my verification code into Residentevil.net.Where do I go once I create an account to link and input the code the game gave me? I can't seem to figure it out.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I liked Leon's Chapter 1, 2, and 4.

3 and 5 on the other hand (stage design spoilers, no story spoilers)...
one long ass epic boss fight, so I'm slightly indifferent towards that chapter. 3 was pretty droll because the area is totally bland.

So for Leon's campaign: 8.5/10

Now onto Jake's.

I'm on chapter 3 of chris and chapter 5 of jake's. Pretty good so far, but is this
evil ada some doppelgänger of the original ada? Because on chapter 4 of jake's comes one ada in different clothes and save sherry. wtf. I hate this bitch for killing Finn.

News Bot

Banned
I'm on chapter 3 of chris and chapter 5 of jake's. Pretty good so far, but is this
evil ada some doppelgänger of the original ada? Because on chapter 4 of jake's comes one ada in different clothes in save sherry. wtf. I hate this bitch for killing Finn

Evil Ada is a clone, but not in the traditional sense.

Replicant

I kinda disagree
Jill's 'death' was 2 years prior to RE5 so it would have settled some by then. his men getting killed in the trap happens then he is immediately knocked out then gets his memory back at the current time.

also he knows the person responsible is still out there, Wesker was assumed dead.

You do realize that
Chris wasn't actually amnesiac in RE6? He was more like selective memory shut-in due to the incident. He didn't actually lost his memory but rather chose to not remember it. Because he clearly still functions well as a soldier and even remembers BSAA immediately when he saw Piers' badge. So no, he didn't exactly get his memory back at the current time but more like he finally looking the reality as it was: that his men was killed while under his command.
As for Jill, my 2nd statement still holds true, unlike Leon and now Jake, Capcom never purposely pair him up with anybody or have him show any interest in anyone but his work.

No, judging by that video my comment was pretty accurate. He gets slapped around a bit and comically pushed out of the way, then slammed on a wooden table and slid across it only to slide a bit more on the ground. That's not hospitalization material. Not even enough to knock him out.

I don't see how that has less of an impact coming from someone like Wesker vs. small-time enemy like the monster. Plus the shock of losing a friend like that, would have put most people into catatonic state right there and then.

Afrocious

Set the difficulty to Veteran and completed Chris Chapter 1. That was amazing. That whole chapter walked all over what was in the demo.

I...I think I'm getting used to cover also...woah.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I'm having fun playing co-op. the only buzz kill is the narrow fov and camera placement. Getting a little queasy playing the game sometimes.

Also PS3 version has been solid so far. Lots of alpha effects and the frame rate doesn't totally crap out. Graphics, especially the cutscenes and lighting look great. Makes the wait for the PC version harder.

anyone know what the requirements are for unlocking things in mercenaries? I already unlocked elena, piers, and even jake's alternate custome but I can't unlock sherry -_-

News Bot

Banned
I don't see how that has less of an impact coming from someone like Wesker vs. small-time enemy like the monster. Plus the shock of losing a friend, should have put anyone into catatonic state right there and then.

Have you actually watched the cutscene this "small-time enemy" is from?

And no, losing a friend does not instantly put someone into a catatonic state. Shock and distress? Most definitely, which is exactly what Chris exhibited. Getting your skull smashed into solid concrete, enough to make that concrete cave in and crack around your head, is enough to put someone into a coma, if not leave them permanently brain damaged or dead. It is in no way comparable to getting punched or sliding against a wooden table, which is pretty hilarious considering how serious you're trying to play it up as.

Chris takes more punishment at the end of CODE:Veronica than he does in that cutscene. You'll find that Wesker's punches don't pack as much impact as you think.

Replicant

Have you actually watched the cutscene this "small-time enemy" is from?

Well d'oh?! How else would I know? I've completed the campaign and got the vid in my timeline.

And no, losing a friend does not instantly put someone into a catatonic state. Shock and distress? Most definitely, which is exactly what Chris exhibited. Getting your skull smashed into solid concrete, enough to make that concrete cave in and crack around your head, is enough to put someone into a coma, if not leave them permanently brain damaged or dead. It is in no way comparable to getting punched or sliding against a wooden table, which is pretty hilarious considering how serious you're trying to play it up as.

Are you saying he's not shocked and distressed enough about losing his partner post being beaten severely?

Chris takes more punishment at the end of CODE:Veronica than he does in that cutscene. You'll find that Wesker's punches don't pack as much impact as you think.

Why do you think that? What's the basis? Just your analysis of the video? When in reality, as in when you play the game, his punch have twice the effect of a punch from that monster in RE6. Heck, I killed all 3-4 of those monsters in less time than it took to defeat Wesker in RE5.

What I'm saying is it's ridiculous that you claim the monsters' attack somehow has more impact than Wesker's attack when the game clearly puts Wesker as the ultimate in Biohazard pecking order.

News Bot

Banned
Wesker has falcon punches in gameplay for the same reason Chris does: for gameplay. He wouldn't be much of a threat if he acted how he did in cutscenes, nor he would he have been fun to fight. Notice how he somehow dodges bullets without fail in cutscenes yet somehow that doesn't quite transition into gameplay? Same thing. Characters unable to defend themselves in cutscenes yet able to wipe the floor with B.O.W. blood in gameplay? Same thing.

Chris gets punched a few times in that cutscene you linked. These punches (not enough to even knock him out yet supposedly more damaging than something that does?) do not pack anything more than the plethora of punches he received at the end of CODE:Veronica, one of which actually knocked him more than nine feet high in the air. Yet his punches in that cutscene don't even do that.

Your perception is off. All I can say for you.

Replicant

Wesker has falcon punches in gameplay for the same reason Chris does: for gameplay. He wouldn't be much of a threat if he acted how he did in cutscenes, nor he would he have been fun to fight. Notice how he somehow dodges bullets without fail in cutscenes yet somehow that doesn't quite transition into gameplay? Same thing.

That's pathetic argument. If they have no intention on making Wesker feeling powerful, they wouldn't put it into the game. If anything, the cutscene is the one that is not the real indicator of his strength as YOU as the player can't really gauge his strength. It's not until you play against him you have an idea of how strong he is.

Chris gets punched a few times in that cutscene you linked. These punches (not enough to even knock him out yet supposedly more damaging than something that does?) do not pack anything more than the plethora of punches he received at the end of CODE:Veronica, one of which actually knocked him more than nine feet high in the air.

Your perception is off. All I can say for you.

The fact that Wesker does capable of punching him up to nine feet high in Code Veronica, indicates the kind of power he possess. The only reason Chris pass out in RE6 was more due to the fact that
he's stressed out seeing his men transform into the Chrysallide right in front of his eyes
than anything attributed to the monster.

The only one who has selective perception is you.

News Bot

Banned
That's pathetic argument. If they have no intention on making Wesker feeling powerful, they wouldn't put it into the game. If anything, the cutscene is the one that is not the real indicator of his strength as YOU as the player can't really gauge his strength. It's not until you play against him you have an idea of how strong he is.

The fact that Wesker does capable of punching him up to nine feet high in Code Veronica, indicates the kind of power he possess. The only reason Chris pass out in RE6 was more due to the fact that
he's stressed out seeing his men transform into the Chrysallide right in front of his eyes
than anything attributed to the monster.

The only one who has selective perception is you.

Not pathetic, only true. You'll find that what happens in gameplay matters very little when it comes to narrative. No, Chris passes out because he got his head smashed into concrete. That is the normal human reaction to such an experience, outside of dying right there from a brain hemorrhage. Try so much as punching concrete and see how well your day goes.

Your understanding of the human body is baffling. I realize this is the series where a regular man can get thrown full force into a pillar, hit it square with his spine and get up like it was nothing, but you really can't tell the difference between a punch and concrete?

Not pathetic, only true. You'll find that what happens in gameplay matters very little when it comes to narrative. No, Chris passes out because he got his head smashed into concrete. Try so much as punching concrete and see how well your day goes.

Your understanding of the human body is baffling. I realize this is the series where a regular man can get thrown full force into a pillar, hit it square with his spine and get up like it was nothing, but you really can't tell the difference between a punch and concrete?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egM_N4AbZDI&feature=plcp

Wesker is top tier

Lyonaz

I finished Chris' Chapter 3 last night and am absolutely loving the game and Still have to do Leon and Jake's. Good times ahead.

Also loving Mercenaries, need to practice some combat moves in that one. Capcom should really just make a stand-alone Mercenaries PSN game, with all the prior games' Mercenaries modes with RE4/5 and RE6 control methods options. I would buy it at a high price!

branny

Please tell me Jake's Ch. 2 is where all the horrible ideas in the game went to die. That chapter is all sorts of suck before you know what you have to do. =\

Played Leon's 1 and 2 with a friend. These were pretty great with the exception of the opening slow walk sequence. On average, I had about triple the amount of ammo I had with Chris at any given time. Puzzles in chapter 2 were pretty neat. Liking this as much, if not more than Chris so far. Zombies are a fucking blast to fight with these mechanics.

Replicant

No, Chris passes out because he got his head smashed into concrete. Try so much as punching concrete and see how well your day goes.

Like I said, his body withstand a much tougher punishment from Wesker. If it wasn't for
losing his men, he may have got serious injury but he wouldn't go catatonic completely like that. He wasn't even looking like he's in pain. He was just not there. Actually, he was already going into that state when Finn turning into a goo. The attack was just the icing on the cake. That's why Piers was surprised when he's not responding because he probably perceived the injury as nothing serious and yet Chris wasn't responding to his words and move back.

You're the one who seem to have forgotten that Wesker is no longer a normal human being. His punch is no longer a normal human punch. Human punch don't send you flying across an entire library. It's not possible. You try doing it and see if it's possible. And concrete? Chris was flying against a shelf and dropped from heights, slammed, etc. Realistically, he shoudn't be able to withstand either of them. But the fact that he does, suggests that the thing that undid him in RE6 was what I said before.

Chris chapter 3...I did a segment that did feel like it was out of a game that would score a 4. It was just so awful, it looked like a dreamcast game and felt like crap. There is a comparable sequence in RE5 and the difference between the two is staggering, RE5 does it so much better.

And then the next section is totally awesome with some of the coolest looking enemies I have seen. Up and down we go, weeee.

Also after what I have seen in Chris' campaign if a Metal Gear shows up I wouldn't be surprised.

AlexBasch

Just got finished with Leon's campaign in Veteran.

Last boss related:
Fucking last Simmons form, either I'm sleepy or I was way too dumb to figure that shit out. I lasted like 15-20 minutes in the battle, got killed, hurr durr, I have to make Simmons to impale himself with the charged needle after he recovers his head.

Can't wait to start Chris campaign now. Aside from a few rough spots, shit is so cash.

News Bot

Banned
Like I said, his body withstand a much tougher punishment from Wesker. If it wasn't for
losing his men
, he may have got serious injury but he wouldn't go catatonic completely like that. He wasn't even looking like he's in pain. He was just not there. Actually, he was already going into that state
Finn turning into a goo
. The attack was just the icing on the cake.

You're the one who seem to have forgotten that Wesker is no longer a normal human being. His punch is no longer a normal human punch. Human punch don't send you flying across an entire library. It's not possible. You try doing it and see if it's possible. And concrete? Chris was flying against a shelf and dropped from heights, slammed, etc. Realistically, he shoudn't be able to withstand either of them. But the fact that he does, suggests that the thing that undid him in RE6 was what I said before.

Hard to say whether he went catatonic, but he went unconscious at the very least and was hospitalized, and not because of sadness. Chris has seen people he knows die before. It might piss him off or shock him, but he does not faint like a bitch. If he did, he would faint right there as it was happening. Not after he suffers a serious head injury due to first having his skull pounded into a wall by a monster known for its immense strength and then having his skull make an impression on concrete. It's hilarious that you're even trying to argue this.

It doesn't matter whether Wesker was no longer a regular human. He's strong, but that still does not prove your frankly bizarre point. His punches can be quite damaging when he wants them to be, but without exaggerating, they don't do shit in the cutscene you showed. Chris gets right back up and starts trying to punch back after each one. They are no stronger than the punches he dealt in CODE:Veronica. It doesn't matter what his potential was. He didn't punch Chris hard enough to knock him out. He never knocks the punching bag out once in the entire series.

Staring Leon chapter 4 now, chapter 3 was awful, the start of chapter 4 it's like wow. So far the game it's awesome, minor complaing here and there, but nothing that breaks the game for me.

T.O.P

Banned
Holy shit i'm loving this fucking game

Chris's campaign is nuts, in the best way possible

Can't wait to try Leon <3

Ken

Just got finished with Leon's campaign in Veteran.

Last boss related:
Fucking last Simmons form, either I'm sleepy or I was way too dumb to figure that shit out. I lasted like 15-20 minutes in the battle, got killed, hurr durr, I have to make Simmons to impale himself with the charged needle after he recovers his head.

Can't wait to start Chris campaign now. Aside from a few rough spots, shit is so cash.

Hmm...
was it that hard to figure out? Doesn't the stage start out with a guy already impaled on a needle and you just have to shoot the weak spots until he grabs the already set needle.

News Bot

Banned
For anyone who expects an answer to what the C-Virus is and how it was created, don't. Because there isn't one in the game. The reason being that a lot of the files in the game are missing quite a lot of their text. You can find the full ones on residentevil.net

The C-Virus origins in particular are here. Obviously, spoilers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hard to say whether he went catatonic, but he went unconscious at the very least and was hospitalized, and not because of sadness. Chris has seen people he knows die before. It might piss him off or shock him, but he does not faint like a bitch. If he did, he would faint right there as it was happening. Not after he suffers a serious head injury due to first having his skull pounded into a wall by a monster known for its immense strength and then having his skull make an impression on concrete. It's hilarious that you're even trying to argue this.

It doesn't matter whether Wesker was no longer a regular human. He's strong, but that still does not prove your frankly bizarre point. His punches can be quite damaging when he wants them to be, but without exaggerating, they don't do shit in the cutscene you showed. Chris gets right back up and starts trying to punch back after each one. They are no stronger than the punches he dealt in CODE:Veronica. It doesn't matter what his potential was. He didn't punch Chris hard enough to knock him out. He never knocks the punching bag out once in the entire series.
This is a conversation that is happening.

AlexBasch

Hmm...
was it that hard to figure out? Doesn't the stage start out with a guy already impaled on a needle and you just have to shoot the weak spots until he grabs the already set needle.
I got him to impale himself when he grabbed the zombies to recover himself from the body, I went all: "I'm fucking retarded" when I noticed that I had a impaled zombie behind me after his head is blown.

Then again, I'm seriously sleepy right now, so Chris campaign will have to wait until later.

Please tell me Jake's Ch. 2 is where all the horrible ideas in the game went to die. That chapter is all sorts of suck before you know what you have to do. =
The camera controls for that last section were frustrating. I couldn't see what was in front of me very well. I also had no idea what was going on.
I was initially frustrated with the 3 data chips thing because I couldn't see anything but I just said screw it and didn't bother with any of the enemies and ran past them. I also don't think Capcom knows how avalanches or mountains work in the final section. I've seen more realistic portrayals in Mario Kart.

Top Bottom