• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

MCD

Chris = best story but goddamn that last boss sucked not because it was hard but because PIERS WE HAVE TO CLIMB DERP I AM DEAD

QTES GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lima

Anybody up for some Pro Co-op or mercs on 360?

I'm tired of waiting and playing with my friend, he's such a whiney baby about this game that I cant take listening to him complaining about every single thing in the game we play co-op.

I never got credit for finishing Chris's campaign for some reason, and have yet to do jakes.

Yeah dude send me a fr along with a message so that I know you are from GAF.

GT: Revolver Ned

News Bot

Banned
Outside of Haos, the current naming convention for B.O.W.s is pretty shit these days. PICK A RANDOM SEMI-RELATED WORD FROM A NATIVE LANGUAGE AND CALL IT THAT

What happened to awesome names derived from mythology, like Cerberus, Neptune and Nemesis and shit?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Outside of Haos, the current naming convention for B.O.W.s is pretty shit these days. PICK A RANDOM SEMI-RELATED WORD FROM A NATIVE LANGUAGE AND CALL IT THAT

What happened to awesome names derived from mythology, like Cerberus, Neptune and Nemesis and shit?

What, you don't like Raskaplanje and Lepotitsa and Gnezdo and Kotzkvkalkvidzko?

Yeah, RE4 had some good ones but RE5/RE6 really failed at awesome enemy names.

Replicant

Yeah I never really understood the appeal for Ada. She's selfish and will steal any virus/parasite as long as she gets her price for it. She stole the plagas for Wesker which lead to the events of RE5 so I'm having issue with her being a part of the good guys.

Ada is pretty much the Catwoman of this series. She's not exactly an antagonist but she's not a good guy either. Yet there's a potential for her to do good
(as can be seen from her helping Sherry/Jake even when she didn't even have to)
. And that's exciting. Not everyone likes their heroine to be vanilla and non-persona boring like Jill. At least Sherry turns out to be fun to talk to.

In 6
she's nice and save the others only because she had a "debt" to them and the whole reason she was helpful was that Simmons and Carla had stolen her identity and she felt responsible for the havoc Carla created

That's bullshit.
What debt does she owe to Sherry/Jake? Or even to the random civilians she saved? She owes them nothing. How is she responsible for the shit that Simmons and Carla created? And one where she's framed for it?
Unless you're the kind who blames other for your mistake, I don't see why Ada has to feel guilty for something that she didn't do.

Yeah, RE4 had some good ones but RE5/RE6 really failed at awesome enemy names.

*eyeroll*

Replicant

I challenge you to fisticuffs.

I accept. Make sure you wear that device Wesker gave you though. Without it, you seem kind of weak.
x2VGP.gif

Replicant

What a wonderful rebuttal. I'll pretend I'm even a little surprised while you go kill some Ulstenanikejks and Zhntkjytners.

Oh noes, some foreign word that's hard to pronounce and you start making up words like little boys. Also, El Gigante was such an inspiring name for a giant monster. I guess if you like being Mr.Obvious.....

Oh noes, some foreign word that's hard to pronounce and you start making up words like little boys.

Oh noes, someone dislikes the stupid enemy names from a game I like! Better get upset over it like a little boy.

I could count on one hand the number of people who aren't diehard fanboys that even know the name the giants from RE5/RE6.

Replicant

Oh noes, someone dislikes the stupid enemy names from a game I like! Better get upset over it like a little boy.

LOL. Wrong. I don't give a shit about you disliking the enemy names although it's fun to make fun of you for it. It's the transparency of insulting anything that is not RE4 that I was eye-rolling over. How original. Also, get your own insult, you copycat!

LOL. Wrong. I don't give a shit about you disliking the enemy names. It's the transparency of insulting anything that is not RE4 that I was eye-rolling over. How original. Also, get your own insult, you copycat!

RE4 isn't even my favorite RE, try again! It just happens to be the last RE that has some good enemy names.

Replicant

RE4 isn't even my favorite RE, try again! It just happens to be the last RE that has some good enemy names.

Yeah right. Because El Gigante, Ganados, or Regenerator are such hard acts to follow.

Im just going to block Agent Hunt from now on while I have infinite ammo activated.
my god the hate mail,

How do people know that you have infinite ammo turned on? And they actually send you hate mail for it via PSN/Live?

Replicant

Which makes it even more pathetic that RE5 and RE6 couldn't even get to that standard. At least those are memorable.

You obviously have been missing ignoring pages and pages of people talking about Raskpalanje and Lepotitsa. Also Napad and Bloodshot, and Shrieker. Oh wait, someone mentioned Lepotitsa up above.

Curufinwe

Oh noes, some foreign word that's hard to pronounce and you start making up words like little boys. Also, El Gigante was such an inspiring name for a giant monster. I guess if you like being Mr.Obvious.....

Garrador and Novistador are better enemy names than anything in 5 or 6.

You obviously have been missing ignoring pages and pages of people talking about Raskpalanje and Lepotitsa. Also Napad and Bloodshot, and Shrieker. Oh wait, someone mentioned Lepotitsa up above.

The only one of those names even remotely memorable is Bloodshot. Shrieker is even more unoriginal than El Gigante (which you seem to believe is one of the only enemies is RE4). I platinumed RE6 and I don't even know what the hell Raskpalanje is.

Replicant

Garrador and Novistador are better enemy names than anything in 5 or 6.

Personal opinion aside, I don't even remember those enemy types. I disagree too because Rasklapanje and Lepotitsa are good names. Even though in reality I despise Raskpalanje because they're impossible to kill. Actually, I love it in Agent Hunt when I violate people's mouth and spew acid all over them. A pain in the ass in campaign mode though.

The only one of those names even remotely memorable is Bloodshot. Shrieker is even more unoriginal than El Gigante (which you seem to believe is one of the only enemies is RE4). I platinumed RE6 and I don't even know what the hell Raskpalanje is.

Bloodshot is your idea of a good monster name? Oh well.

Rasklapanje is the meatbag that can split its body into two or more portions. Considering you encounter them at least 3-4 times on the entire campaign, one can't help but wonder why you don't even know what that is.

"A bizarre incident occured in the outskirts of an American suburb called Raccoon City. It was later revealed that the terrible disaster had been caused by the t-virus: a mutagenic toxin created by the international enterprise Umbrella, Incorporated for use in bio-weapon experiments. The Raccoon City Police Department's special S.T.A.R.S. unit immediately began an investigation in the affair. The case was apparently closed thanks to the efforts of S.T.A.R.S. members Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine. But the Umbrella Corporation's experiments were far from finished."

-Resident Evil 2

Riposte

Personal opinion aside, I don't even remember those enemy types. I disagree too because Raskpalanje and Lepotitsa are good names. Even though in reality I despise Raskpalanje because they're impossible to kill. Actually, I love it in Agent Hunt when I violate people's mouth and spew acid all over them. A pain in the ass in campaign mode though.

Why would you hate an enemy for being a functional enemy?

Don't recall the bigger whopper. When does he show up?

Replicant

I guess foreign words like that were too much for your little boy brain to cope with at the time.

You wish. Enemies in RE4 were just boring and forgettable to me. Except the really obvious one like El Gigante...because they look so stupid.

Not really hate, hate. More like disgust. It's kind of horrifying when they...
violate your mouth
. I really love the characters and it's kind of disgusting to see them end up in that situation. Plus, they're everywhere while I have to
find the stupid keycards!!!

Neither do I. Is Whopper Supreme the one that
stops the bus
? He doesn't look any bigger than the normal Whopper.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

The Raskaplanje are effing annoying because they place them in places where you have to
hunt for three keycards in a maze of doors and alleys.
They're not even that hard to avoid. In my first playthrough I couldn't find the
last key
as Leon so I spent 15 minutes sprinting circles around them trying to figure out what I needed to do. They're just annoying because they add a one-shot-kill aspect to the entire situation, which is in and of itself extremely tedious.

mernst23

Foreign languages, yuck. I speak American, Capcom.

For a game that's built on coop and communication it's a stupid design choice. Even if they use foreign words as the basis for the enemy names, they can probably think of a couple less 3+ syllable names for all the 13 year olds screaming, "shoot the big zombie" Just another aspect of why this game is so mediocre.

Riposte

The Raskaplanje are effing annoying because they place them in places where you have to
hunt for three keycards in a maze of doors and alleys.
They're not even that hard to avoid. In my first playthrough I couldn't find the
last key
as Leon so I spent 15 minutes sprinting circles around them trying to figure out what I needed to do. They're just annoying because they add a one-shot-kill aspect to the entire situation, which is in and of itself extremely tedious.

I liked that part. Their one hit kill aspect seems easy to avoid unless you get yourself in a bad situation. (They were more of a threat in Jake 5)

For a game that's built on coop and communication it's a stupid design choice. Even if they use foreign words as bases for the enemy names, they can probably think of a couple less 3+ syllable names for all the 13 year olds screaming, "shoot the big zombie" Just another aspect of why this game is so mediocre.

hahaha, I'm sure that comes up a lot.

(This whole conversation about names has gone on too long because it doesn't.)

mernst23

I liked that part. Their one hit kill aspect seems easy to avoid unless you get yourself in a bad situation. (They were more of a threat in Jake 5)

hahaha, I'm sure that comes up a lot.

(This whole conversation about names has gone on too long because it doesn't.)

Usually when I have someone with a mic and it's talking about how bad the game is.

Bladenic

Um I may be mistaken but I specifically remember that room where Ada fights a few Whoppers to be Whopper Supremes. I believe they may wear red shirts while the regular ones don't, but I'm not sure.

Replicant

Yeah, this guy was so easily forgettable, unlike the Lepotitsas who I'm sure everyone will remember 7 years from now.

RE4_Garrador_esc-600x368.png

Seriously? Seriously? Of all the enemies in RE4 you bring up a big guy with huge claw as an example of memorable enemy? That's a really generic design and attack method.

And then we have Lepotitsa, who is completely gruesome all in all in appearance and attack method.

Lepotitsa1.jpg

I mean there's personal opinion and all but IMO your opinion sucks. I'm sorry, I'll take Lepotitsa above that boring thing you bring up.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Actually the Lepotitsa was one of the most disturbing and memorable enemies I've fought in any game. When they grab you and stick their...ugh, disturbing. Don't wanna think about it.

Xevren

I didn't even know that monsters name, I just called it the titty monster. The noises that thing makes are pretty unnerving, I'd say it's memorable.

Top Bottom