• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Neiteio

I prefer the camera at 9 instead of 2. Having the camera down at 2 would have pissed me the hell off since it would be impossible to see what's around you when you're getting ganged up on.

The rest of your post is good stuff though.
I can handle that speed, personally, but I'd still recommend they dial it down at first. They can always bump the speed back up once they're comfortable.

bs000

Weird. I went straight from one chapter to the next and infinite ammo somehow got disabled. I had to quit to the menu and start over from the previous save point :<

Astral

Of course the guns have stats. You just can't see them.

Which is really stupid. Getting rid of the upgrade system in general was stupid. The skill system is too weak. I've had Critical Hit, Firearm, and Melee forever because everything else is so useless. Grrr.

Neiteio

Guess I'm the only one who thinks the guns are perfectly effective as is and kind of likes taking out the upgrade system in favor of balance. No risk of an online co-op partner going in with topped-out weapons and obliterating any semblance of challenge.

Astral

Guess I'm the only one who thinks the guns are perfectly effective as is and kind of likes taking out the upgrade system in favor of balance. :-\

RE4 and 5 were still pretty challenging even with the upgrades. Besides, part of the fun for me was running around with overpowered shit like the Handcannon after you beat the game. This game could've at least used an unlockable weapon.

Neiteio

RE4 and 5 were still pretty challenging even with the upgrades. Besides, part of the fun for me was running around with overpowered shit like the Handcannon after you beat the game. This game could've at least used an unlockable weapon.
I'll concede unlockable weapons should've at least have been an option. :)

Yeah, where's my Infinite Rocket Launcher or my Hand Cannon?

Sectus

I'm buying 2 games tonight.
Which should I consider?

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Tekken Tag 2
Fall of Cybertron
Darksiders 2

Unless you're a Tekken god, I couldn't recommend TTT2. The game is good for super hardcore Tekken people who are really good at the game. For casuals and less experienced people, it's only good at making you depressed as you play online and get your ass kicked all sorts of ways.

I'd recommend RE6, but of course I'm kinda biased since I really really like it. Especially mercenaries mode is a lot of fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK534FYpRdM#t=1m17s

Astral

Does
Carla
not have an alternate outfit in Mercs? I got an S with her and unlocked nothing. If that's the case then I think I'm done with Mercenaries seeing as I unlocked everything.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I havent played this yet, waiting for slightly lower price, but how many costumes do folks have in mercenaries? Also how many merc stages are there without all the preorder crap.

Does
Carla
not have an alternate outfit in Mercs? I got an S with her and unlocked nothing. If that's the case then I think I'm done with Mercenaries seeing as I unlocked everything.

Carla
only gets one.
There are 8 playable characters in Mercs and all but 1 get an alternate costume.

kunonabi

Which should I consider?

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Tekken Tag 2
Fall of Cybertron
Darksiders 2

Fall of Cybertron and Borderlands 2

RE6 is a pretty sketchy full price purchase. I found 70% of it to be one of the worst games I've played in years and the other 30% to be bloody brilliant.

I'd rent it first.

Only 3 stages? Lol that kinda sucks. Hearing all this talk about how good it is i figured there would be more.

Ya, its a shame that the game only comes with 6 maps and 3 are tied to pre-orders that you have to buy later. If you haven't gotten the game I would wait for the gold edition with all the content.

Riposte

Which should I consider?

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Tekken Tag 2
Fall of Cybertron
Darksiders 2

These questions are useless, because I have no idea what you'd like. I think RE6 and Tekken Tag 2 are the two best games out of this list, but for starters most people don't like RE6 and Tekken Tag 2 depends on whether you like 3D fighters (with high execution). I recommend renting always. (You can't rent TTT2 from redbox though)

I havent played this yet, waiting for slightly lower price, but how many costumes do folks have in mercenaries? Also how many merc stages are there without all the preorder crap.
2 standard costumes that are based on the map.
(Edonia/Tall Oaks and China)
Every character gets one alternate that is unlockable, there is a recolor of that costume unlockable from RE.net.

And we do know there is a secret set of costumes that aren't unlockable just yet.

Daigoro

according to REnet i have played 68 hours of RE6.

i came in 758th place in the Wipe Out The Zombies event with 3467 kills (top 500 would have been pretty easy with a little more effort. i just played Mercs solo mostly an hour or two a day). first place apparently had 46,724 kills. heh.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
according to REnet i have played 68 hours of RE6.

i came in 758th place in the Wipe Out The Zombies event with 3467 kills (top 500 would have been pretty easy with a little more effort. i just played Mercs solo mostly an hour or two a day). first place apparently had 46,724 kills. heh.

Did you get your Re points? I didn't really have a chance to play much the last few days... but I should've received 2000 points from it. Got nothin' though.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Haha, but I want an entire game
based on him:)

This too. A RE7 dedicated to Jake would be fun. I'm sure he's not the only one of Wesker's kids out there. (I'm glad that Wesker is dead actually. There are so many variations of him that we can possibly see now that he's gone.)

I still want a Leon-centric mainline game eventually though. Also kudos to Capcom for not making me hate Chris as much as I wanted to in RE6.

Beth Cyra

Which should I consider?

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Tekken Tag 2
Fall of Cybertron
Darksiders 2

Fall of Cybertron is the best game on the list in my opinion.

However it's incredibly short, that is unless you love the MP.

This too. A RE7 dedicated to Jake would be fun. I'm sure he's not the only one of Wesker's kids out there. (I'm glad that Wesker is dead actually. There are so many variations of him that we can possibly see now that he's gone.)

I still want a Leon-centric mainline game eventually though. Also kudos to Capcom for not making me hate Chris as much as I wanted to in RE6.

Leon had RE4 all to himself, 2 movies and is the lead in RE6. Enough Leon already.

Same goes for Chris and I say this with Chris being my favorite RE character. These two need a break something badly.

Daigoro

only Chris 4/5 on Pro left and im done with my first pro run. (finished Ada first)

now i have to go back and find these damn medals on Chris, Jake and Ada...

Finally finished all three main campaings in professional co-op! So much fun.

Now I feel so lonely playing Ada's missions... ;_;

it goes by pretty damn quick though. especially if its your second play through. i think i finished one of the chapters in under 25 minutes. they are all well under an hour.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Fall of Cybertron is the best game on the list in my opinion.

However it's incredibly short, that is unless you love the MP.

Leon had RE4 all to himself, 2 movies and is the lead in RE6. Enough Leon already.

Same goes for Chris and I say this with Chris being my favorite RE character. These two need a break something badly.

RE4 came out in 2005. (Horrible) movies != game. And he's a lead in RE6, not the lead. In the end, you can never have too much Leon. :)

I'd be ok with RE7 as a Jake or Jake/Sherry game though. Jake gets a thumbs up from me.

*shitty RE6 animation gif*

Beth Cyra

RE4 came out in 2005. (Horrible) movies != game. And he's a lead in RE6, not the lead. In the end, you can never have too much Leon. :)

I'd be ok with RE7 as a Jake or Jake/Sherry game though. Jake gets a thumbs up from me.

*shitty RE6 animation gif*

Doesn't matter if it was 2005, it was still only two games ago. The CG movies do count because they are apart of the Canon storyline and advance it and are marketed as such.

He also is THE lead. From a marketing (The big Special edition is his jacket, always up fron and center on the pictures and most often featured in media before release) In game (Leon is front and center almost always, he is the first name you see on the screen and he is the Tutorial character.)

Also I agree with Grav, it's very easy to have to much of this character. I liked him more in RE6 then 4 certainly, but still I don't need or what him in every game. He has had a ton of exposure and I want cool characters that don't get as much time.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Leon was pimped as the lead of RE6, though in my opinion it's Chris who has the biggest role. Jake too.

Yeah, I feel like they were more involved in the main plot developments for some reason.
Simmons
never felt like the main antagonist to me.

Beth Cyra

Leon was pimped as the lead of RE6, though in my opinion it's Chris who has the biggest role. Jake too.

I don't know if I think he was more important. However he did feel more connected as he was interacting with people almost every chapter.

Leon feels really disconnected from Both Chris and Jake for over half his game, almost like his story was written seperately and then bolted on top of Chris and Jake's so they could have him in the lead again because of his popularity.

Riposte

I don't know if I think he was more important. However he did feel more connected as he was interacting with people almost every chapter.

Leon feels really disconnected from Both Chris and Jake for over half his game, almost like his story was written seperately and then bolted on top of Chris and Jake's so they could have him in the lead again because of his popularity.

His story is more linked with the fourth campaign.

Moreover whatever you feel about who is the villain, Leon certainly holds the most final boss-like encounter in the game.

Bladenic

Well, Chris
saves the world.. again. While Jake is necessary for the making of the vaccine. Leon is pretty much at the wrong place at the wrong time, like RE2.

I've completed the 3 main campaigns (still have 2 chapters left on the 4th) and have to say that I think I enjoyed the Leon campaign the most, followed closely by the Chris campaign. I didn't enjoy the Jake campaign as much I have to say, even though I did like the melee stuff. All 3 of the campaigns were pretty good I thought, and I enjoyed RE6 more than RE5, but I still don't think it holds a candle to RE4.

I liked the old school RE feeling of the Leon campaign, even if it was slightly wide of the mark. I thought Helena was an interesting character and her presence made the difference. The Chris campaign shocked me because I didn't think Capcom would be able to pull off that sort of action pacing in an RE game, but they actually did a very good job of it. There was a real impetus there that I hadn't been expecting, and the Chris character had a cool arc even if it wasn't the deepest or most original one. I found it hard to relate as much to the Jake and Sherry characters, which is probably why I didn't like that campaign as much as the other two.

One thing I've noticed is that chapter 2 of the fourth campaign is much creepier than the Leon equivalent, simply because you don't have a partner present. The feeling of isolation is a big part of what made RE4 (and the earlier REs for that matter - you were always getting separated from your partner) so atmospheric and I think you lose that with another character standing right beside you. I guess that's the price you play for co-op, and it's a pretty heavy one if you ask me. If RE4 had featured a co-op partner tailing you for the whole game it would have been much poorer for it.

Top Bottom