• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Did anyone else know you can kill the regenerating enemies face hugger type hand parts using the enviroment. You can throw them into different things. Like in Chris 3 and Jake 5 you can throw them into a microwave and watch them explode. Also in Chris 3 you can throw them into the boiling pots and watch them melt. I thought it was a kinda cool trick that was easy to overlook.

Riposte

I love me some RE5 Wesker.

The scariest moments of RE6 occurred in the combat. Roll forward, get up, pan camera, zombie (or worse) breathing in my face.

Lepotitsa isn't so bad. It has faaaaar less health than in campaign. Same with the chainsaw boss in Rail Yard. You'd expect him to be difficult, but he's got too little health to be any threat.

I get the impression they designed the bosses to be a challenge to keep alive, not to be a challenge to kill.

I wish it was more like the RE4/RE5 mini-bosses. Also, how'd you get the chainsaw J'avo to appear?

Milly79

Just finished the game. My take on the campaigns:

Ada
Jake
Leon
Chris

Game is no where near as bad as many are making it out to be.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain the Steel Beast spawns to me? We got up to a 135 combo when those dudes with the weird pincer heads were showing up and then we just plain ran out of enemies. I was on one side of the map, Black Flames was on the other side of the map, and there were literally no enemies anywhere to be found. We lost the combo and it took us another 15 seconds to actually find an enemy to kill.

What the hell? Mercenaries maps should not be this big if we're supposed to keep a combo going for 150 kills.

Sectus

Steel Beast is the only mercs map I don't have a 150 combo on yet. I need to learn where spawns come from. I do get the impression it's best to stay at the top floor most of the time.

Ken

Steel Beast is the only mercs map I don't have a 150 combo on yet. I need to learn where spawns come from. I do get the impression it's best to stay at the top floor most of the time.

I think the spawns force you to spend some time on the other levels.

Steel Beast is simple.

You stay on top until the Napads come, then you you kill Napads as you head down the stairs.

Stay on the bottom level until the pincer guys come. When the pincer guys come they will come down the stairs on both sides along with a few explodey guys. After these guys, the last enemies will be j'avo parachuters on the top level and it is pretty tricky to keep the combo when transitioning but I don't usually have trouble with it in duo.

What I usually do is have one person go up one side and one person go up the other side in duo and the combo is usually at around 133 before the first kill on the parachuters. I usually run toward the parachuters with a magnum to make sure we don't lose it at that point.

When the pincer guys come and you make your way up, be sure not to forget the explodey guys, they'll spawn BEHIND you, so look down the stairs occasionally.

I'm still not sure how to keep the combo during that transition in solo...

Finished Chris last night. I'm gonna say straight up that was the worst thing I have played all year. Boring scenarios, a vehicle section that was clearly playtested once just to make sure it didn't crash and an absolutely atrocious final boss.

Jake next. Can't wait....

You know if this game was just a slightly better quality Leon campaign and Mercs, I'd have been pretty happy with that. I don't appreciate Capcom throwing us such a huge amount of content if over half of it is utter shit.

I've just finished all of the campaigns (only one character each) on Amateur. What's the best infinite ammo skill to buy first off, with an eye to playing through the harder difficulties?

fionel

I started New Game Plus with the option to keep all my weapons from my previous game, but I sort of regret it and want to start off fresh again on Professional. How do I lose all the weapons?

Sectus

I started New Game Plus with the option to keep all my weapons from my previous game, but I sort of regret it and want to start off fresh again on Professional. How do I lose all the weapons?

I might be the wrong, but I think you need the "new game+" button specifically in order to delete your inventory. The only way I know you can get that menu option back is to complete the final chapter of any campaign.

If that's the only way to do it, that's a rather big oversight by Capcom. I suppose you could do it faster by joining someone's game who's really far into chapter 5 of any campaign.

Replicant

How do you guys manage to score 150 continuous combo in Mercs? I pretty much flat out after 70 combos (Solo). Or is this a duo co-op thing?

GeekyDad

How do you guys manage to score 150 continuous combo in Mercs? I pretty much flat out after 70 combos (Solo). Or is this a duo co-op thing?

Haven't tinkered much with solo Mercs yet, as I'm still finishing up Ada's campaign, but I can think of at least two advantages solo has over co-op Mercs:

1. No lag issues.
2. All enemies coming strictly after you means countering is easier and more abundant.

Sojgat

Learn the spawn patterns for the maps, always keep an enemy alive until you get eyes on a new group spawning in. Getting 150 combo solo on Urban Chaos is probably the easiest IMO.

Edit: Some characters are better than others for keeping a combo going in solo, I would suggest default Chris or Leon, or alt Sherry.

Curufinwe

I remember how much shit I went thru trying to get all 124 ganados to spawn in the Village map in RE 4 Mercs. I only managed to do it once, and thank god I managed to kill all of them.

Sectus

I remember how much shit I went thru trying to get all 124 ganados to spawn in the Village map in RE 4 Mercs. I only managed to do it once, and thank god I managed to kill all of them.

There's an enemy limit in RE4 mercs? I always thought enemies were infinite there.

Guys how "scary" is this game? I mean compared to lets say RE4. Never played 5 and enjoyed 4 for its "actiony" feel unlike the previous ones. When I say scary I mean "jump-at-you" stuff. Hate those things :)

Well, imo, not as scary/creepy as RE4, but definitely creepier than RE5 ever was. If you got through RE4, RE6 shouldn't be a problem.

fionel

I might be the wrong, but I think you need the "new game+" button specifically in order to delete your inventory. The only way I know you can get that menu option back is to complete the final chapter of any campaign.

If that's the only way to do it, that's a rather big oversight by Capcom. I suppose you could do it faster by joining someone's game who's really far into chapter 5 of any campaign.

Thats what I thought needs to be done as well but thought it shouldnt be so dumb that I had to resort to that... :/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Thats what I thought needs to be done as well but thought it shouldnt be so dumb that I had to resort to that... :/

You can play with the secondary character and you won't have any of their weapons if you never played as them before.

How far into the Leon campaign do you get the magnum if you have unlimited ammo? Or is it unlocked from the beginning if you buy the unlimited ammo?

Beginning of chapter 4. The ammo skill only gives you unlimited ammo, it does not unlock the gun for you.

Beginning of chapter 4. The ammo skill only gives you unlimited ammo, it does not unlock the gun for you.

That kind of sucks, wouldn't unlimited ammo on the handgun be a lot more useful considering you have to get through the first 3 chapters? Or I guess the best option is both if you have the skill points saved up.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
That kind of sucks, wouldn't unlimited ammo on the handgun be a lot more useful considering you have to get through the first 3 chapters? Or I guess the best option is both if you have the skill points saved up.

The game really isn't that hard. I beat the three campaigns on Professional without unlimited ammo and I rarely got stuck.

So basically the spawns are retarded and the map is garbage. I was on the steps leading up to the top level, high enough to see the parachute J'avo. Ilnadmy was on one of the lower levels, picking off whatever enemy spawned every 5-10 seconds. Like he said, it took more than 15 seconds for anything else to spawn.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That map was my first 150 combo... with some random. We did get lucky a couple times though, keeping up the combo on some long distance rifle headshots. Fortunately I had that weapon with me. Otherwise we surely would have tanked the combo 2 or three different times.

So basically the spawns are retarded and the map is garbage. I was on the steps leading up to the top level, high enough to see the parachute J'avo. Ilnadmy was on one of the lower levels, picking off whatever enemy spawned every 5-10 seconds. Like he said, it took more than 15 seconds for anything else to spawn.

If the parachute J'avo weren't coming down yet, there were still enemies below. I played again last night, it is EXACTLY 133 enemies before the parachute J'avo come.

And no, it won't take 15 seconds between spawns... but it will take you more than 15 seconds to run all the way up the stairs if you're still at the bottom by that point.

Specifically the exploding guys have weird spawn locations and can be hard to find sometimes. They might end up in the middle of the bottom level when you're halfway up the stairs

GeekyDad

Completely finished the game. I posted this over on Gfaqs, but I wanted to post it here as well because I am really curious about certain things that are still left unexplained:

Finished the final chapter of Ada, which was mostly a turd (gameplay-wise), but I'm still a little vague about the relationship between Simmons and Ada...and the blonde chick in the picture with Simmons that's shown throughout various parts of the game. Simmons was obviously obsessed with Ada, and though I like "dat ass" too, what was his true connection to her? And who's the blonde chick? And Carla is a J'avo created from a clone of Ada, right? So, she's basically a pissed-off Frankenstein's monster?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Completely finished the game. I posted this over on Gfaqs, but I wanted to post it here as well because I am really curious about certain things that are still left unexplained:

Finished the final chapter of Ada, which was mostly a turd (gameplay-wise), but I'm still a little vague about the relationship between Simmons and Ada...and the blonde chick in the picture with Simmons that's shown throughout various parts of the game. Simmons was obviously obsessed with Ada, and though I like "dat ass" too, what was his true connection to her? And who's the blonde chick? And Carla is a J'avo created from a clone of Ada, right? So, she's basically a pissed-off Frankenstein's monster?

I don't really have many answers for you but
Carla was a scientist who Simmons turned into a Chrysalid that then birthed Ada. Ada used to work for Simmons but then she left and he was obsessed with her and wanted to recreate her. I don't know who the blonde chick is though, maybe she was Carla before the transformation?

Top Bottom