• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

If anyone wants to try for some cool scores in mercs, add me on psn: Elgar-I
I currently have 1368k on UC duo, needs to be improved to something close to 1400k. Also Catacombs. Map is easy as fuck, have 1261k solo and played duo only 1 time with some random.
Score system sucks, but there is no choice but to accept it. Capcom wont change it anyway.

I added you. No time to play tonight, but I'll be down for playing some over the next 3-4 days before I dive head first into Assassin's Creed III.

Bladenic

Did you play Revelations? Chris and Jill are teamed up for the entire second half of the game, and they act like they care about each other and are driven to be reunited leading up to that point (especially on Chris' end).

RER is fantastic, by the way.

I will when I get a 3DS. Playing through all the games in the main series I haven't played, on 3 currently. Then finish 0, get CV, and when I get a 3DS, get RER. But that's good to know.

I will when I get a 3DS. Playing through all the games in the main series I haven't played, on 3 currently. Then finish 0, get CV, and when I get a 3DS, get RER. But that's good to know.
Revelations was absolutely worth getting a 3ds for imo. Its my 2nd favorite in the series after REmake.

Footos22

Finished Leons campaign last night.
Loved the last chapter.

Just 2 more chapters of Chris to go.

Taking me ages as only seem to do about 3 chapters a week.
One of those games that when i play it i enjoy the hell out of it but once i stop playing i have no desire to fire it up again. is weird.

Cant wait for the FOV patch though. Feel like im missing out on alot of the environment. Will start my professional run when that comes out.

Jawmuncher

Some of the suggestions for Merc characters on Capcom's forums are lol worthy.
Seen Frank West mentioned alot....

Considering just how out there the cotumes are for Mercs.
I think it would actually be pretty cool to see some outsiders go into the game.
So long as they still fit, we don't need Megam Man X or something showing up.

Though in all actuality they need to do what they did with reunion and bring in a lot of characters from the series we haven't seen in awhile.

Such as Billy and Carlos.

They really do just need to make a full fledged Mercs game on consoles though.
Fill the roster with all the known RE characters. Then for DLC restrict it to perhaps more levels and costumes for the characters.

Considering just how out there the cotumes are for Mercs.
I think it would actually be pretty cool to see some outsiders go into the game.
So long as they still fit, we don't need Megam Man X or something showing up.

Though in all actuality they need to do what they did with reunion and bring in a lot of characters from the series we haven't seen in awhile.

Such as Billy and Carlos.

They really do just need to make a full fledged Mercs game on consoles though.
Fill the roster with all the known RE characters. Then for DLC restrict it to perhaps more levels and costumes for the characters.
Now that you mention it, I guess that would be more fitting than Chris, Leon and Piers alt costumes.

I really hope DLC characters get some alternate costumes.
Would be cool if they sold characters separate, with an unlockable alt and others unlockable from RE.net

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/10/sneak-peek-october-30th-psn-releases/
anyone know if this is a trustworthy site? they have RE6 DLC listed for next week.

GeekyDad

Question:

I'm going back to get all of the guns for the partner characters. Do I need to complete the entire chapter in order to keep the gun, or can I quit out as soon as I get the gun I'm searching for?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Question:

I'm going back to get all of the guns for the partner characters. Do I need to complete the entire chapter in order to keep the gun, or can I quit out as soon as I get the gun I'm searching for?

I *think* the game needs to save... pretty sure actually. But I do not know if a regular checkpoint is fine, or if you have to wait for a typewriter save.

Globox_82

Banned
I am playing Jake campaign and have to say I am digging it so far. On chapter 3 and if it continues like this it's awesome actually. I will post another comment once I finish it.
Maybe this game recieved unfair hate? Not surprising since western media has been hating on almost anything that comes from Japan(there are some exceptions) this gen

GeekyDad

I *think* the game needs to save... pretty sure actually. But I do not know if a regular checkpoint is fine, or if you have to wait for a typewriter save.

Thanks.

I am playing Jake campaign and have to say I am digging it so far. On chapter 3 and if it continues like this it's awesome actually. I will post another comment once I finish it.
Maybe this game recieved unfair hate? Not surprising since western media has been hating on almost anything that comes from Japan(there are some exceptions) this gen

Jake's campaign was my favorite overall campaign in the game. It too has its ups and downs, but on the whole it was the most well-constructed game. Didn't feel much like a Resident Evil game, but it was still perhaps the most enjoyable portion of the story.

XaosWolf

I'm about halfway through Chris' Campaign with my brother at the moment. (finding mutual time to play is a bitch this month)

My only problems so far are:
1) The obvious QTE complaint.
2) Leon Chapter 5.
and 3) Press Start Press Start.

I'm having fun playing it, but I liked Revelations a lot more. (As an RE game)

Just finished Leon's campaign, and quite frankly I don't feel like finishing the rest...

Why would Capcom do this ? why would they ruin their franchise ? trying way too hard to be cinematic and QTE driven, and badly designed boss fights.

Neiteio

After ~60 hours on RE6 I'm now adding to the ~60 hours I've logged on Revelations. I'll be back to RE6 as soon as they drop new Mercs maps (or possibly sooner, since I'm always down for exploding fools' heads with running jump kicks). Between Revelations and RE6, this year has been utterly fantastic for mainline Resident Evil. :)

I see that DLC is possibly being released on 10/30. Do we have any idea what it is?
Hoping it's the pre-order maps.
I'd buy that for a high price. [/merchant]

Anth0ny

So I finally forced myself through Chris' campaign... ugh. Is Ada's campaign amazing, or should I just skip it without anything of value being lost? Not sure if I could stomach another campaign. Maybe I'll give it a shot after the camera patch is released.

Longer impressions later. This game hurts me.

joe2187

Banned
Anyone up for some Mercs? I've unlocked the other two maps and have yet to play them I'm eager to get some high scores, but I want to know the best way to go about it

X260: joe2187

So I finally forced myself through Chris' campaign... ugh. Is Ada's campaign amazing, or should I just skip it without anything of value being lost? Not sure if I could stomach another campaign. Maybe I'll give it a shot after the camera patch is released.

Ada's campaign is interesting... they're all kind of different... I know I'd characterize the Leon's as shades of RE4, Jake's as shades of RE3, and Chris's as shades of RE5... but Ada's, I dunno... Ada's is strange in a way because there's no coop partner; there's some straight up stealth, and it's kind of cool to do the crossover interactions from her point of view. Besides, using the crossbow is one of the most fun weapons in the game to me. So much so that I use Ada in mercs as my main now.

Grisby

Then stop playing yo.

Ada's section is single player focused so there's less enemies and more puzzles. I enjoyed it more then Jake's and almost as much as the previous 2. A lot more so in some places.

But she does have a very shitty final boss moment.

It was kinda annoying that Jill was never mentioned at all, but I feel Capcom can/will pull a Jill is still coping/recovering from Wesker's drugs from RE5 and is not combat ready or something along those lines.

I'm going serpent emblem hunting tonight. Last trophy I have left.

Do I need to save after shooting an emblem? Or can I quit as soon as I destroy it? Thanks!

kunonabi

No it does deserve most of the hate. Jake's campaign is the only one that isn't a steaming pile of crap and is actually quite fantastic.

Did you play Revelations? Chris and Jill are teamed up for the entire second half of the game, and they act like they care about each other and are driven to be reunited leading up to that point (especially on Chris' end).

RER is fantastic, by the way.

Chris and Jill are only teamed up for the last 4th of the game at most.

Bollocks

Finally got S on Urban Chaos, also you don't actually need to spend RE.net points to unlock the costumes on RE.net, you just need to A rank it? What a let down, I thought they were exclusive

Evolved1

you can quit :) dont worry

are you sure?

Finally got S on Urban Chaos, also you don't actually need to spend RE.net points to unlock the costumes on RE.net, you just need to A rank it? What a let down, I thought they were exclusive

RE.net are alt colors. For example, Chris' red samurai costume from RE.net is way cooler looking than the blue one you get through the normal A-rank unlock (a blue one).

kunonabi

I forced myself to play through Chris's campaign but I couldn't do the same with Ada. He's irritating to listen to, the puzzles are laughable, and going through old segments yet again was not appealing in the least. The super shitty elements of the story are mostly exclusive to her campaign so that doesn't help things either.

Evolved1

I am going to cry... 147 kill combo on solo Urban Chaos... I had three+ mins left and the secret boss alive, was about to easily kill the two lame asses next to him with the shotgun, had saved my rocket launcher for him, and I got hit from behind. Which led to another hit as soon as I recovered. The combo expired and as I was about to gain my feet, at least to finish the round, I got KO'd by asshole boss I dodged for the entire round. Then a cunt zombie killed me while I was downed.

I.. just... om..g... WTF!?!?!!?

I could have been pretty damn high on the contest scoreboard and I fucking blew it. Raphael DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!!.gif

:(

Globox_82

Banned
Thanks.

Jake's campaign was my favorite overall campaign in the game. It too has its ups and downs, but on the whole it was the most well-constructed game. Didn't feel much like a Resident Evil game, but it was still perhaps the most enjoyable portion of the story.

Jake campaign completed. Really enjoyed it. Minus the bike thing. I have yet to play the other two campaigns but if they are of this standard I am surprised reviewers hated it that much. We shall see.

Jake campaign 8.5

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to cry... 147 kill combo on solo Urban Chaos... I had three+ mins left and the secret boss alive, was about to easily kill the two lame asses next to him with the shotgun, had saved my rocket launcher for him, and I got hit from behind. Which led to another hit as soon as I recovered. The combo expired and as I was about to gain my feet, at least to finish the round, I got KO'd by asshole boss I dodged for the entire round. Then a cunt zombie killed me while I was downed.

I could have been pretty damn high on the contest scoreboard and I fucking blew it. Raphael DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!!.gif

Ah damn dude, that sucks! Yeah Mercenaries is one of those things that can flip around in a second if you're not careful. You'll get it next time.

GeekyDad

Jake campaign completed. Really enjoyed it. Minus the bike thing. I have yet to play the other two campaigns but if they are of this standard I am surprised reviewers hated it that much. We shall see.

Jake campaign 8.5

Yeah, that was a huge pain the ass: drive two second, crash, restart, know where to veer, crash, restart, drive two more seconds, crash... Ugh!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that was a huge pain the ass: drive two second, crash, restart, know where to veer, crash, restart, drive two more seconds, crash... Ugh!

It's actually damn easy if you don't hold down the accelerator button. I held the accelerator on my first 8 attempts and kept crashing into stuff non-stop.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Are you trying to make my point for me? :p

You don't understand, I was holding down the accelerator non-stop on my first 8 tries and dying constantly. Then I realized I shouldn't hold down the accelerator and I beat it in one try. The accelerator should be used as more of a speed boost than a gas pedal.

Sectus

The only "good" news I can tell you is that you wouldn't be valid for the event scoreboard. It's still 10 hours away.

Top Bottom