• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

foxdvd

Thanks, that's kind :) I'll come back to your offer if I can't get the medals.

Cool and good to know :D I will try Agent Hunt then.

edit: And I got "Covered in Brass" :D
30min Agent Hunt and it was even fun to play. Reminds me a bit of Left4Dead playing as the undead.

nice...I myself finally finished my pro run, and all the achievements...

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Alright, not gonna lie, whoever designed the length of these chapters is a fuckin moron. Chris chap 3 is insanely longwinded.

RE3 mercs will always be the one true mercs. Saving everyone with Nicholai is greatest test of all.
Yeah it's always been my favourite, I just can't get into the Mercs mode in RE5 or RE6. It sounds like the Ghost Ship Raid minigame (that people are talking about in Revelations) is a lot like the RE3 Mercs mode though, so I suspect I'd enjoy that one too.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, not gonna lie, whoever designed the length of these chapters is a fuckin moron. Chris chap 3 is insanely longwinded.

I like that the chapters are long, but I would also prefer if there were more save points per chapter (i.e., a save point at every checkpoint). That way you wouldn't feel the need to sit through a 1-2 hour chapter just because you can't quit in the middle.

Holy shit RE2 Extreme Battle love! I love this thread. The best RE minigame by a landslide and the hardest.

Edit: It's in Dual shock PS1 ver., PC version, Gamecube version, Dreamcast version and the PSN version.

Leech Hunter is the best RE minigame.

I really like Mercs but nothing compares to it, in terms of encapsulating part of the old RE greatness.

Sectus

Leech Hunter is the best RE minigame.

I really like Mercs but nothing compares to it, in terms of encapsulating part of the old RE greatness.
I think I'd still prefer mercs, but it would be fun to see some of these minigames return. I can remember having fun with leech hunter experimenting with various routes. Thinking about it, leech hunter might have been the best thing about RE0 actually. I thought the game became worse and worse once you got to the training facility.

I guess REmake is the only one which never got a bonus mode? Except for the original release of RE1. I should return to some of the old games in the series at one point. I did play through REmake and RE0 last year, but it's been ages since I've touched the PS1 games.

Leech Hunter was stupidly good. It's a damn shame it doesn't get the appreciation it deserves.

Yeah, the game was quite underwhelming but Leech Hunter was so fun.

I think I'd still prefer mercs, but it would be fun to see some of these minigames return. I can remember having fun with leech hunter experimenting with various routes. Thinking about it, leech hunter might have been the best thing about RE0 actually. I thought the game became worse and worse once you got to the training facility.

I guess REmake is the only one which never got a bonus mode? Except for the original release of RE1. I should return to some of the old games in the series at one point. I did play through REmake and RE0 last year, but it's been ages since I've touched the PS1 games.

Leech Hunter is definetly the best thing about RE0. Finding the best paths to collect succesfully all the leeches was surprisingly fun after the main game. And well mercs definetly have more replayability but I miss a minigame that isn't focussed on high scores and metashit, just a fun single player experience.

REmake didn't get a minigame but it got the awesome Original (?) mode in which boxes weren't actually "magic", in other words, they weren't interconnected. Also the Invisible mode, where enemies were...invisible.

addyb

Well got this game a couple of days ago but only fired it up tonight. I'm a big resi fan but I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Granted I've only done say an hour of Leons campaign and guess I've enjoyed it. On one hand it feels weird as it definitely doesn't feel like a resi game but on the other I kind of like some of the changes and I welcome the additions such as the diving/rolling and melee options.

Will carry on with it tomorrow and try and get into it more. I just can't work out what I think of it. Lol.

What I like most about RE2's minigame is that

1 It encompasses through the entire games enviroments but at the same time isn't dragged out

2 Is very challenging on the hard difficulty

3 Enemies and items are randomized bringing a different experience everytime and the bombs in the final stage encourage exploration

Replicant

I can't deal with Ada on Mercs. Her weapon and melee is so weak that I often have to do multiple attacks just to down a zombie. I've got either an S rank or A rank on everyone else but with her I can only get B. The most frustrating part was the last time around I used her I was only 5000 points to getting A rank before time ran out.

I can't deal with Ada on Mercs. Her weapon and melee is so weak that I often have to do multiple attacks just to down a zombie. I've got either an S rank or A rank on everyone else but with her I can only get B. The most frustrating part was the last time around I used her I was only 5000 points to getting A rank before time ran out.
Steel Beast
=Profit

Im really starting to miss melee moves like Rebecca's flamethrower & tear gas.

Sectus

Leech Hunter is definetly the best thing about RE0. Finding the best paths to collect succesfully all the leeches was surprisingly fun after the main game. And well mercs definetly have more replayability but I miss a minigame that isn't focussed on high scores and metashit, just a fun single player experience.

REmake didn't get a minigame but it got the awesome Original (?) mode in which boxes weren't actually "magic", in other words, they weren't interconnected. Also the Invisible mode, where enemies were...invisible.

Oh yeah, survival mode is what it's called I think. I've been meaning to play through that but I never got around to it. It sounds like it would make the game more balanced actually. Every playthrough I've done of REmake, the later parts of the game always becomes too easy since I've build up this giant stash of ammo and healing items.

Sectus, what are your camera and aiming speed configs on the PS3?

Camera 6 and aiming 5 if I recall. I'm considering to up the camera sensitivity, but aiming at 5 feels fine to me.

Im really starting to miss melee moves like Rebecca's flamethrower & tear gas.
I hope they'll do substantial DLC for mercs in the future. Barry and Rebecca was a lot of fun in Reunion.

kunonabi

Oh yeah, survival mode is what it's called I think. I've been meaning to play through that but I never got around to it. It sounds like it would make the game more balanced actually. Every playthrough I've done of REmake, the later parts of the game always becomes too easy since I've build up this giant stash of ammo and healing items.

Camera 6 and aiming 5 if I recall. I'm considering to up the camera sensitivity, but aiming at 5 feels fine to me.

I hope they'll do substantial DLC for mercs in the future. Barry and Rebecca was a lot of fun in Reunion.

The sad thing is original mode doesn't really make the game that much harder. There are really only two items boxes you need to put your items in. I actually got my fastest time when I was playing Real Survival and I had one dangerous zombie on as well. Invisible zombie isn't too bad either as long as you have the enemy placement down.

Finishing the REmake with so much ammo can probably be attributed to just to how few enemies you need to actually kill. I think in Chris's game you really only need to kill the snake(2nd time), the plant, and Tyrant. Tyrant(1st time) goes down super quickly to the knife and the snake is pretty easy to knife as well if you feel like it.

News Bot

Banned
Did quick translations of a bunch of story info in the BIOHAZARD 6 Graphical Guide. No spoilers, it's all really just overviews of previous games but they give a little more insight for those who haven't been following the lore. More to come if I find anything else worth looking at.

A woman once engaged as a spy in the opposing organization of Umbrella. In the past, she acted secretly in the background of many biohazard incidents and collected information which became useful to the organization.

ADA'S PERSONAL HISTORY

Espionage

Ada belonged to an organization in hostile relations with Umbrella, and at the organization's order, she collected information regarding the "t-Virus" that Umbrella developed. Although Ada came into contact with John, a researcher of the Umbrella Arklay Laboratory, and obtained information on the virus while in a relationship with him, she was unable to accomplish her mission due to the virus leak accident in the facility. Afterwards, Ada was ordered by Wesker, who had joined the same organization, in search of the "G-Virus" developed by Dr. William. In order to carry out her duty to seize the doctor's "G-Virus", she searched Raccoon City, where hoards of zombies roamed. ("BIOHAZARD 2")

Critical Condition

In the middle of her G-Virus retrieval mission, Ada met Leon, who was searching for a way to escape from Raccoon City, and schemed to use him. She continued her search while pretending to cooperate with him, and finally found a sample of the "G-Virus." On the other hand, Leon risked his life to protect her, and it gradually became impossible for Ada to suppress her love and she was injured in order to help Leon, who was attacked by the Tyrant. ("BIOHAZARD 2")
Ada escaped and arrived at a hotel, which was the converge point with a contact. She told Wesker she had obtained the "G-Virus" and escaped the city due to his guidance. ("BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES")

Conflict

Six years after the Raccoon incident, Ada continued espionage at Wesker's command. Her objective was to acquire samples of the "Plaga" parasite that the Los Illuminados cult was studying. Although she arranged for Luis, a researcher of the cult, to take a sample as collateral for protection, Leon, who had become a U.S. agent, appeared there. Wesker gave a cruel order, "kill Leon", and the sample also crossed to the cult's hands because Luis was killed, and Krauser, who had infiltrated the cult, had begun to move. In the chaotic situation, Ada's heart shook at the order to kill the man she was once attracted to. ("biohazard 4")

Deception

Ada made up her mind to act against Wesker's orders for her own objective. She used Leon and sometimes supported him and got closer to acquiring the sample. Then, she killed Krauser, whom Wesker sent as an assassin, and eliminated the cult's leader Saddler in cooperation with Leon. After eliminating Saddler, Ada seized the "dominant species Plaga" sample from Leon and escaped from the island. Unlike her original objective, she brought the "dominant species Plaga" sample to the top brass of her organization and sent a "subordinate species Plaga" sample to Wesker. The deception with Wesker was a cover ordered by the top brass...... She was a double agent. ("biohazard 4")

JAKE'S FATHER'S PERSONAL HISTORY

The Man Named Albert Wesker

It is believed that Jake is blood related with Albert Wesker, a scientist who specialized in bio-engineering. After being engaged in the research of the "t-Virus" at the Umbrella Arklay Laboratory, he was inaugurated as Captain of S.T.A.R.S., the Special Forces of the Raccoon Police Department. Wesker received a secret order to make Chris and the other members fight against B.O.W.s and collect data, but in the background, he pushed forward a plan to switch sides to an organization opposed to Umbrella. Although it seemed he was killed by the Tyrant B.O.W., in reality, he was revived due to the power of a virus he injected just before dying, and he carried out his defection to the opposing organization. ("biohazard")

Wesker With Overwhelming Power

Two months after the Mansion Incident, Wesker carried out a plan to retrieve the "G-Virus" his former co-worker William developed. He had Ada infiltrate Raccoon City and successfully recovered the virus. ("BIOHAZARD 2")
Additionally, he was not satisfied with only the "G-Virus" and attacked Rockfort Island to obtain "t-Veronica" developed by Umbrella researcher Alexia. There, he met Chris again and displayed overwhelming power beyond mankind. Although he failed to kill Chris, he succeeded in his original objective to acquire the virus. Afterwards, he continued maneuvering secretly in incidents in relation to the theft of B.O.W.s or viruses. ("BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica")

Wesker's Ambition and Final Moments

Wesker schemed to seize the "Plaga" parasite that freely manipulates hosts and dispatched Ada and Krauser to Europe. Despite Ada's betrayal, he succeeded in acquiring a sample. ("biohazard 4")
Afterwards, Wesker murdered Umbrella's leader, Spencer. He took over Spencer's plan to become God by evolving humanity by means of a virus, and implemented the "Uroboros Project." Since he was suffered the interference of Chris and the BSAA, he absorbed the "Uroboros Virus" strengthened himself. He challenged Chris to a final battle and lost, and disappeared in lava. ("BIOHAZARD 5")

SHERRY'S PERSONAL HISTORY

1998, Raccoon City. Sherry, the daughter of Dr. William who developed the "G-Virus", was hiding herself from the zombie hoard in the Raccoon City police station. Sherry was protected by Leon and Chris' younger sister Claire who appeared there, and they escaped from Raccoon City together. But in the middle of their escape, her father William who had injected himself with the "G-Virus" and became G implanted a "G-Virus" embryo in her body. Claire administered a vaccine and they barely successfully escaped from Raccoon City, but she carried the embryo in her body and was placed under house arrest by the United States government in the name of protection.

Daigoro

shit, im working all weekend, not going to have much time for this event and havent played in a few days so im going to be rusty.

its only 24 hrs right?

bummer.

I really hope they do especially for something that easy which only real trouble should be creating a loadout. even then they could just give the characters specialty guns like Barry's Samurai Edge in Reunion.

in RE6 Mercs the characters don't shout each others name or speak that much so they can just reuse any characters voices from 5 or 3D.

If Battlesuit Jill somehow makes it, they have to let her dual wield Ada's machine pistol.

Sectus

For the heck of it, I tried to calculate the scoring done in this run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYxPVy9kcVg - With the help of numbers from this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/605604-resident-evil-6/faqs/65111

Base score for killing the various 150 enemies: 48,800
Combo score: 1,117,000 (150k of that is for killing secret boss as 150th enemy. around 4k of that is the points from combo bonus time)
Remaining time bonus score: 16,901 (1 minute and 43 seconds)

Total score is 1,182,701

Edit: I probably made a mistake here as the time bonus score should be about 25% higher, but well, the numbers should be close enough. It does show what's worth the most points in general: combo > secret boss kill > remaining time > combo bonus

Nori Chan

Got my first Solo 150 combo on my first try with Sherry Extra Costume (2)

Got a score of 1,081,246.

No hidden bosses though, only had about 40 seconds or so left. Grenade Launcher saved me a bunch of times when my combo was dying. Also used Time plus if anyone was curious.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
those combo bonus crystals are so fucking useless.

You only use them to start a combo... they aren't terribly important though, you're right.

Normally I hate dual wielding but its already in the game, fits with the costume and the quick shots are cool.

Battlesuit Jill: double ammo boxes (or whatever they're called) and martial arts (different moves than Jake -- rip off some of her RE5 moves and stances) with an awesome coupe de grace (any one of her cooler moves from RE5). Whatever her counter, she should end up down in the three point stance before recovering. Most chicks do the sweep anyway, but Battlesuit Jill should have the cool stance.

Then I can die a happy man.

oh yeah and taunt:

Ysc69.jpg

You only use them to start a combo... they aren't terribly important though, you're right.

Seems like they give you 1000 points for every enemy combo killed while active, no?
Wouldn't it be smart to use them while you have a giant group of enemies and you can throw a grenade or use a barrel or something to kill many before they run out?

Evolved1

Seems like they give you 1000 points for every enemy combo killed while active, no?
Wouldn't it be smart to use them while you have a giant group of enemies and you can throw a grenade or use a barrel or something to kill many before they run out?

After 9 kills on the combo the combo crystal does nothing... just try and get your first nine kills while it's active.

Unless I am misinterpreting what Sectus posted a week or so back...

How the heck do you get wallpapers off residentevil.net?
I don't see any download link or anything.

You unlock them with points, then go to customize and set it as your background. Then just right click and save image as.

Resident evil.net better update fast. My rank right now for king of urban chaos is 3702 but looking at the top scores I should be ranked 224th.

You unlock them with points, then go to customize and set it as your background. Then just right click and save image as.

Resident evil.net better update fast. My rank right now for king of urban chaos is 3702 but looking at the top scores I should be ranked 224th.

Same here. I got a decent score at like noon today that still isn't up there.

EDIT: When you are logged in, the event details say "10.27.2012 06:00:00 - 10.28.2012 06:00:00"

However, when you are not logged in, they say "10.27.2012 20:00:00 - 10.28.2012 20:00:00"

IF the latter is true, that would be why my score was not added to the leaderboard. If that is the case, I am fucking pissed.

Same here. I got a decent score at like noon today that still isn't up there.

EDIT: When you are logged in, the event details say "10.27.2012 06:00:00 - 10.28.2012 06:00:00"

However, when you are not logged in, they say "10.27.2012 20:00:00 - 10.28.2012 20:00:00"

IF the latter is true, that would be why my score was not added to the leaderboard. If that is the case, I am fucking pissed.

Fuuuccck. When your logged in though it says how much time is left, which is like 10 minutes. I think its best we trust the info when logged in.

Sectus

I shouldn't have bothered with the event at all ._. apparently it registered my score as "0".

I would have gotten 7th place on the xbox contest leaderboard if it just had gotten my score. Oh well, the reward for getting basically any score was really bad anyway.

Evolved1

I noticed the winner (is this a universal thing or just per console) has over 2 million points. Number two had half a million less points. So I guess the winner was a cheater? I thought 2 million points was impossible...

I noticed the winner (is this a universal thing or just per console) has over 2 million points. Number two had half a million less points. So I guess the winner was a cheater? I thought 2 million points was impossible...

The "legit" higherscores on PS3 are around 1.400k so I think he's clearly a cheater....

Jinjo

What the hell is wrong in the networkcode of this game?

Every game I try to join in mercenaries has reached its max player limit, been trying for 10 minutes. The kicking back to the menu thing is so annoying. When I try to set up my own game I get a network error and xbox live gets completely disconnected. What the hell?

All other games work fine..

mhi

Just picked this game up and being a long time re fan.
Am on Chris's CH3 and so far I would say the game plays like RE5 on steroids(more qte, faster pace)

I really hate the co-op shit even when your not actually playing coop (doors,pathways), so not only because the AI is just as stupid as it was in RE5, for example in the rooftop part where you have to clear the enemies, i held on and eventually bravo team came. There was about 2 enemies left and it was me+piers and 2 other AIs. Since I was low on health, I decided to duck down and let the AIs handle it but they were completely useless and weren't even engaging the enemies.

Couple questions for the vets out here,
Is there anyway I can direct Piers (or who ever is my 'partner') to engage an enemy ?
Are there any scenarios/chapters where am playing just by myself ?
Is it me or are ammo/and especially healing items scarce ?
Also I have auto-reload on in the settings but I still have to hit square to reload ?

Top Bottom