• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Couple questions for the vets out here,
Is there anyway I can direct Piers (or who ever is my 'partner') to engage an enemy ?
Are there any scenarios/chapters where am playing just by myself ?
Is it me or are ammo/and especially healing items scarce ?
Also I have auto-reload on in the settings but I still have to hit square to reload ?

1. Aim at an enemy and hit O/B. You'll tag 'em for your partner to focus on
2. Main campaign, no ...
I think ADA is by herself
. You'll can also unlock a skill where your partner never heals you.
3. It seems like that, but use Melee more (game is designed for you to get up close, not cover based shooter) and you'd be surprised how much ammo you get, especially when you get more weapons.
4. No, if you're empty and hit shoot again, it will then auto-reload

mhi

1. Aim at an enemy and hit O/B. You'll tag 'em for your partner to focus on
2. Main campaign, no ...
I think ADA is by herself
. You'll can also unlock a skill where your partner never heals you.
3. It seems like that, but use Melee more (game is designed for you to get up close, not cover based shooter) and you'd be surprised how much ammo you get, especially when you get more weapons.
4. No, if you're empty and hit shoot again, it will then auto-reload

Thx man, the cussing also took me by suprise as I don't think there was any in all the other ones.

GeekyDad

What the hell is wrong in the networkcode of this game?

Every game I try to join in mercenaries has reached its max player limit, been trying for 10 minutes. The kicking back to the menu thing is so annoying. When I try to set up my own game I get a network error and xbox live gets completely disconnected. What the hell?

All other games work fine..

I don't really have that issue, but it is curious how RE.net says there are over a million people playing online, and there are only ever one or two people to be found each time I refresh, doesn't matter what time of day it is.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
omfg I was liking this game till Chris chapter 3.. what the hell is this.. foot chase to boss fight to walk/open door galore to run from heli to vehicle chase.. it's just so god damned all over the place and so long that I have no clue what's going on. Such a weird game.

Also how did they not just lift the turret from 5 and put it in 6? The turret in 6 is awful. The controls/weight and everything.

Trigger

I really don't get Jake's kung-fu skills. Hand-to-hand doesn't feel nearly as smooth as I thought it would. Replaying his campaign as him right now. I feel that I'd be better off just sticking to the quickshot+melee combo.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
yeah website says the event is over.

i totally missed it. damn 24 hr event.

Hahahaha what?? I was at a 7-hour music festival yesterday and then had the longest haircut in human history today (barber is super chatty) and now I can't participate in this event?

LOL. Capcpom pls.

Couple questions for the vets out here,
Is it me or are ammo/and especially healing items scarce ?
Also I have auto-reload on in the settings but I still have to hit square to reload ?

Equip the Item Drop skill and you will be swimming in ammo. Also generally the way you want to engage enemies is by shooting them once in the face to stun them, then running up to them and doing a contextual melee. It saves ammo and kills instantly. Also Chris' move where he picks enemies up and chucks them can be targeted, so just aim at another enemy and my boy Chris will chuck the currently grabbed enemy at the guy you're aiming at. That way he gets knocked down and you can run over and stomp on his head, effectively killing two enemies with one bullet.

Yeah you have to shoot again after the clip empties to reload. Also please tell me you're using the laser sight and not the crosshairs.

Hahahaha what?? I was at a 7-hour music festival yesterday and then had the longest haircut in human history today (barber is super chatty) and now I can't participate in this event?

LOL. Capcpom pls.

The worst is yesterday I did a couple of runs one of them surpassing my previous record but apparently that wasn't uploaded to the web....

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I never got the point reward for the zombie killing even through I was in the 10 thousands or something.

I wasn't actually competing in that but my zombie kills from screwing around in mercs should have got me points, but they didn't.

News Bot

Banned
I can't get over how morbidly shit the
second Jake epilogue is. The shitty lines and over-dramatic crap make me weep for this series. Which fetus in CAPCOM thought that was "cool"? It's almost Devil May Cry 4 levels of bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so I beat the game and unlocked
the Ada campaign. Besides additional gameplay and her point of view during the whole campaign, does it add anything relevant to the story? Does it answer anything at all if I play through her stuff?

Please answer quick so I can decide whether I should turn off this abomination or not.

Evolved1

I can't get over how morbidly shit the
second Jake epilogue is. The shitty lines and over-dramatic crap make me weep for this series. Which fetus in CAPCOM thought that was "cool"?

That was especially disappointing cause I don't really like the character and I wanted to see what happened with
~~~ADA~~~
.... since you know... I just played through
her fucking campaign

I have been along for the entire RE ride. I love the franchise. But if
~~~Jake~~~
is the future, I might be getting off at the next stop.

Neff

I loved Jake's 2nd
epilogue. It tipped his bad boy/heart of gold balancing act fully, unapologetically into Dante territory, to the point where he's super-adorable.
And considering we don't have Dante anymore, that's good.

Sectus

Good matches, was your partner a random? Its pretty difficult to find anyone that can handle their own and not kill the BOW right away.

It's someone on my friend list. I don't know him though and we didn't do voice chat, which explains the kinda awkward start of the high seas run.

Evolved1

I loved Jake's 2nd
epilogue. It tipped his bad boy/heart of gold balancing act fully, unapologetically into Dante territory, to the point where he's super-adorable.
And considering we don't have Dante anymore, that's good.

That is my most hated character in the history of videogames. God I despise that character.

Neff

That is my most hated character in the history of videogames. God I despise that character.

I admit, I was extremely apprehensive when Capcom appeared to be adopting the shaven-headed, morally indifferent, materialistic smart-mouthed punk that seems to be the thing these days, but I was surprised to discover that they found a way to make him not only plausible, sympathetic, but likeable too. They really made him their own, and he fits RE and his genetic legacy well imo. I love him.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so I beat the game and unlocked
the Ada campaign. Besides additional gameplay and her point of view during the whole campaign, does it add anything relevant to the story? Does it answer anything at all if I play through her stuff?

Please answer quick so I can decide whether I should turn off this abomination or not.

If you figured out the "twist" in the game then there's no need to. I thought her chapters were the worst in the game, but then again a lot of people thought they were the best.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you figured out the "twist" in the game then there's no need to. I thought her chapters were the worst in the game, but then again a lot of people thought they were the best.
Help me out here.
She clones herself, right? I noticed how there were two Ada's in the game, the purple and the red dressed Ada?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I really, really don't want to. Tell me everything please.

If you really want to know. (end game spoilers)
She was cloned, but it wasn't by herself. Simmons cloned her because she left his employ and he wanted her back. He basically took his top researcher, injected her with the C Virus, she turned into a Chrysalid, and then came back as Ada.

Anyway what did you think of the game? Doesn't seem like you enjoyed it...

Curufinwe

Should I be surprised that RE.net is weeks out of date? It still has me only having finished a dozen chapters when I finished the 20th one more than a week ago.

Yoshichan

If you really want to know. (end game spoilers)
She was cloned, but it wasn't by herself. Simmons cloned her because she left his employ and he wanted her back. He basically took his top researcher, injected her with the C Virus, she turned into a Chrysalid, and then came back as Ada.

Anyway what did you think of the game? Doesn't seem like you enjoyed it...
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Riposte

I get the feeling that Chris' portion of the game is the worst.

I would disagree. I think Leon has the weakest campaign, though some of the worst parts are in Jake's. I don't think the campaigns are that far apart in quality (people who really only like one or the other come off as crazy, hyperbolic). That being said, I still need to return to Ada's.

Jake is an awesome character.

DonMigs85

Leon's first chapter was really good but the later ones were a tad boring. I kinda hate underground crypt-like places. And that final boss and all his forms... Ugh, that was a nightmare on Professional.

Lack of enemy variety are my main beefs with Jake and Ada's campaigns.

Replicant

Leon's first chapter was really good but the later ones were a tad boring. I kinda hate underground crypt-like places. And that final boss and all his forms... Ugh, that was a nightmare on Professional.

Ha ha, tell me about it. At one point the game glitched on me on his last form and the lightning rod disappeared so I had no way to kill him (maybe there was but I wasn't about to pump tens of leads to test that theory) and had to restart.

Leon's ending completely ruined his campaign IMO. So flat and boring and that annoying boss with his multiple forms. So fucking annoying. Chris started out mediocre but finished on high with the most emotional ending of them all. Jake is kind of middling but I enjoyed his and Sherry's interaction so the ending was cute. Plus I like the Devil May Cry ending plus. I actually enjoyed Ada's campaign the most with the exception of a few things (ie. the flight battle, the sneaking parts, etc). She also has the most disturbing boss of them all.

Gbraga

It wasn't that bad honestly. The most annoying form was the
T-Rex
due to his one-hit kills, but otherwise he was pretty easy.

I don't think the problem with Leon's final boss was the difficulty, but how boring it was, specially the part you mentioned in your spoiler box. Leon had easily the worst final boss in my opinion.

Oh man this thread is now a RE general love thread. My favorite mini game is Raid mode, the only mini game where I feel it could be an entire separate game. If Mercs 3D was Raid the game it would have been better.

RE3 mercs was fantastic. Leech hunter I never really cared for. I loved the CV bonus game, especially playing as Wesker.

Gbraga

Oh man this thread is now a RE general love thread. My favorite mini game is Raid mode, the only mini game where I feel it could be an entire separate game. If Mercs 3D was Raid the game it would have been better.

RE3 mercs was fantastic. Leech hunter I never really cared for. I loved the CV bonus game, especially playing as Wesker.

dat user name lol

Lack of enemy variety are my main beefs with Jake and Ada's campaigns.
I'm only just starting my second playthrough, but Leon's first two chapters are my favourites in the game I think.

bumpkin

So imagine my surprise when
I killed Simmons on the train in Leon's campaign, and yet there was more to play of it (Leon's scenario) afterwards. It looked like a last boss. It was set up like a last boss. It ended like a last boss. I think the bigger issue is I wanted it to be over so I could move onto Chris or Jake's. And holy fuck, the enemies in the market area prior? Wow, talk about a patience and ammo draining hassle.

The beat goes on...

Curufinwe

So imagine my surprise when
I killed Simmons on the train in Leon's campaign, and yet there was more to play of it (Leon's scenario) afterwards. It looked like a last boss. It was set up like a last boss. It ended like a last boss. I think the bigger issue is I wanted it to be over so I could move onto Chris or Jake's. And holy fuck, the enemies in the market area prior? Wow, talk about a patience and ammo draining hassle.

The beat goes on...

I think there were two more forms after the form where I told my wife - If this isn't the last form then I'm turning the Xbox off.

bumpkin

I think there were two more forms after the form where I told my wife - If this isn't the last form then I'm turning the Xbox off.
I died on the
QTE-in-disguise where he goes to ram the train and you somehow have to pepper him with shots in the right place. I seriously considered calling it a day after the second or third time.

This is the first (and only) RE where I found myself proclaim aloud after dying a few times, "Seriously? How many cheap insta-deaths can this game have?"

If not for its liberal checkpoints, I would have put it down and never played it again more than once. I forged ahead because I love the RE universe, but it's really pissing me off in ways no prior game in the series has before.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I died on the
QTE-in-disguise where he goes to ram the train and you somehow have to pepper him with shots in the right place. I seriously considered calling it a day after the second or third time.

This is the first (and only) RE where I found myself proclaim aloud after dying a few times, "Seriously? How many cheap insta-deaths can this game have?"

If not for its liberal checkpoints, I would have put it down and never played it again more than once. I forged ahead because I love the RE universe, but it's really pissing me off in ways no prior game in the series has before.

Yeah I died many, many times on that part. The annoying part is you have to replay the section beforehand, and you're not taken straight to the do-or-die bit. Weirdly enough I would have preferred a QTE there than actual gameplay lol.

How would you rate the game overall?

bumpkin

Yeah I died many, many times on that part. The annoying part is you have to replay the section beforehand, and you're not taken straight to the do-or-die bit. Weirdly enough I would have preferred a QTE there than actual gameplay lol.

How would you rate the game overall?
Well, I'm basing this off of four chapters of Leon's campaign only, but not very highly. It's trying to add too much to a formula that was already working. The way they shifted the paradigm of enemy behavior -- the jumping, mutations, bullet sponge forms -- just suck the fun right out of the game. If it wasn't for my investment in the characters and the lore, I wouldn't have kept playing after the first hour.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I'm basing this off of four chapters of Leon's campaign only, but not very highly. It's trying to add too much to a formula that was already working. The way they shifted the paradigm of enemy behavior -- the jumping, mutations, bullet sponge forms -- just suck the fun right out of the game. If it wasn't for my investment in the characters and the lore, I wouldn't have kept playing after the first hour.

Weird, I found the mutations and new enemy types really add a lot to the gameplay. You're constantly having to change your battle strategy based on what kind of thing you're dealing with. But you're right, it does feel very different to most of the RE games that came before.

Sojgat

Leon's campaign is the worst for the insta-deaths, all the campaigns were designed by different teams and each have a slightly different flavour. The main link between them all is the heavy focus on the new combat mechanics.

Have you read this?

PSA: Before playing RE6, know these mechanics since Capcom don't teach poop

It's very helpful.

The Zero Punctuation review nailed it: when you abuse the "OMG he's not dead!" mechanic to the extent that they did in RE6, it makes the player so cynical that the boss fights end up devoid of any significance whatsoever. They just become tedious chores. RE games have been guilty of it for a while, but RE6 upped the ante to the extent that it basically became a parody of itself.

Sectus

The Zero Punctuation review nailed it: when you abuse the "OMG he's not dead!" mechanic to the extent that they did in RE6, it makes the player so cynical that the boss fights end up devoid of any significance whatsoever. They just become tedious chores. RE games have been guilty of it for a while, but RE6 upped the ante to the extent that it basically became a parody of itself.

It's a thing Capcom is doing too much. I personally don't mind it, but it is obvious that they like to do the whole "Final boss! ... just kidding, this is the true final boss! ... hah, gotcha! Here's the final final boss!"

Top Bottom