• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dreamer RD

It seems that Chris samurai has the strongest counter. Even without boost, regular and bsaa zombies die 100% of time. Firefighters and enhanced bsaa zombies that appear after 100 combo require more hits. Tested om Mining the Depths.

Wow Rail Yard is a challenge, 2 armored RPG j'avo then 4 snipers.

Though im buying the DLC it kinda make me mad that the titles are based around the DLC.
to upgrade the S.T.A.R.S. Cadet title you need an S on 7 different maps.

Wow Rail Yard is a challenge, 2 armored RPG j'avo then 4 snipers.

Though im buying the DLC it kinda make me mad that the titles are based around the DLC.
to upgrade the S.T.A.R.S. Cadet title you need an S on 7 different maps.

We were getting better at that map. I was still trying to figure out where the heck everything was. I found a first aid spray on top of a garbage can in there, so that's useful.

I would definitely like to play that some more with you another time.

Turns out I actually didn't need to go anywhere... buuut I just got ACIII and AC Liberation in the mail so I'm going playing those now lol

We were getting better at that map. I was still trying to figure out where the heck everything was. I found a first aid spray on top of a garbage can in there, so that's useful.

I would definitely like to play that some more with you another time.

Turns out I actually didn't need to go anywhere... buuut I just got ACIII and AC Liberation in the mail so I'm going playing those now lol
Yeah, few more and we should have it.

GeekyDad

Ugh, forgot how shitty the last two chapters of Leon's campaign are. Just finished up my pro run for him, and I started to see more and more why perhaps Van Ord got so frustrated with the game. Fucking thing just doesn't want you to play it. It's like a colt trying to buck you at every turn. Take two steps, lose control; take another two steps, lose control; cutscene...

Ugh, forgot how shitty the last two chapters of Leon's campaign are. Just finished up my pro run for him, and I started to see more and more why perhaps Van Ord got so frustrated with the game. Fucking thing just doesn't want you to play it. It's like a colt trying to buck you at every turn. Take two steps, lose control; take another two steps, lose control; cutscene...

Then replaying it again for a single emblem you missed halfway into the mission.

Wish the inventory was customizable like in RE 5. If I have infinite assault rifle selected, assault rifle ammo should not show up and I should be able to drop more worthless guns like a handgun so it and it's ammo doesn't take up inventory slots. You can keep it so each character only has a limited selection of weapons but I much preferred the ability to alter my inventory before each chapter in RE 5. Actually using the inventory during gameplay in 6 is better, though.

And I miss the upgrading from both 4 and 5, the skill sets in 6 just aren't as good.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-order maps are up on xbox live marketplace now. 1 USD each.

Now to wait for the 4 additional maps...

Of course the maps come out when my entire neighborhood is lacking power, and will not get it back until the weekend.

Grr. I swear Capcom is trying to piss me off.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Decided to try to get some of bald headed guys campaign done, I can't remember his name right now, since Chris's mission is about fighting kidnapping cockroaches.

I must say that I can never give Capcom enough credit for making a game where there is so much fog that I can't see 2 feet in front of me. Not being able to see anything is a great mechanic to have in your action game. It makes playing the game more challenging than it even needs to be by removing something game players take for granted; Wanting to see.

So I'm running blind around this ice mountain doing my little key card collectathon when Capcom had another brilliant gameplay idea. Why not make the player slip on ice and slide all the way down to the bottom of an incline, he must climb, every time he tries to dodge one of the many enemy attacks he's going to encounter on the way up. Absolutely genius idea. Punish the player for using a game mechanic that is vital to preserving health when fighting multiple enemies, especially enemies with guns like sniper rifles.

Laser dot on your head? You better not dodge it or else its back to the bottom of the icy incline where all of this fantastic fun takes place.

I really do want to congratulate Capcom in finding ways to make a game that has so much potential to be fun at times, yet they somehow continue to find a way to sap the fun right out of it with frustrating and unneeded game mechanics. It takes a certain skill to do it as masterfully and as consistently as they did in RE6.

GeekyDad

The maps are up on PSN.

edit: 3 new maps for $2.97. Good deal.

I wonder if they will price the non-preorder maps the same?

Downloaded 'em all, and I can still only find one person at a time when refreshing lobbies. Ridiculous...

Of course the maps come out when my entire neighborhood is lacking power, and will not get it back until the weekend.

Grr. I swear Capcom is trying to piss me off.

Sandy is their baby. They had Wesker cook that fucker up with a secret concoction of cloud seeding.

Replicant

Decided to try to get some of bald headed guys campaign done, I can't remember his name right now, since Chris's mission is about fighting kidnapping cockroaches.

I must say that I can never give Capcom enough credit for making a game where there is so much fog that I can't see 2 feet in front of me. Not being able to see anything is a great mechanic to have in your action game. It makes playing the game more challenging than it even needs to be by removing something game players take for granted; Wanting to see.

So I'm running blind around this ice mountain doing my little key card collectathon when Capcom had another brilliant gameplay idea. Why not make the player slip on ice and slide all the way down to the bottom of an incline, he must climb, every time he tries to dodge one of the many enemy attacks he's going to encounter on the way up. Absolutely genius idea. Punish the player for using a game mechanic that is vital to preserving health when fighting multiple enemies, especially enemies with guns like sniper rifles.

Laser dot on your head? You better not dodge it or else its back to the bottom of the icy incline where all of this fantastic fun takes place.

I really do want to congratulate Capcom in finding ways to make a game that has so much potential to be fun at times, yet they somehow continue to find a way to sap the fun right out of it with frustrating and unneeded game mechanics. It takes a certain skill to do it as masterfully and as consistently as they did in RE6.

I like the game but I must thank you for succinctly summarizing my boiling anger whenever I play that stage of Jake's.

GeekyDad

Got my first 150. Yay me.

And as an aside, what is it with people needing to constantly blow shit up right next to me. I understand accidents happen, but 4-5 times within a minute or two's time?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I like the game but I must thank you for succinctly summarizing my boiling anger whenever I play that stage of Jake's.

It was my pleasure. Or rather, displeasure.

I honestly never thought that I could ever be as annoyed as I was from the forced camera focusing on something, while keeping enemies around you active, and falling every 10 seconds on the plane. I really have to stop underestimating Capcoms ability to p me off with their ingenious game design decisions.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame Capcom didn't make the extra models usable in story mode. I'm not very interested in using them for mercenaries, but having them for the entire story mode would be hilarious.

http://www.abload.de/img/2012-10-31_01-47-47enq3m.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-10-31_01-48-314nr8d.jpg

Once I get this mod working properly I think I'll record some of the cutscenes with it.

Hahaha that is hilarious.

So it turns out I only have 200 MS points sitting in my account, whereas all three maps will run me 240 points. Hmm. Which two maps do you guys suggest I get?

It's a shame Capcom didn't make the extra models usable in story mode. I'm not very interested in using them for mercenaries, but having them for the entire story mode would be hilarious.

Once I get this mod working properly I think I'll record some of the cutscenes with it.

We need a patch for this (an the other costums) like...yesterday.

C'mon Cacpcopcom!

Damnit Capcom patch this shit in asap. PC version better at least have them available for the story mode.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Wait is that real?

I mean someone is completting the scrapped RE2?...or what?.

Be still my beating heart!

If that's fake, they have the bad enemy AI down pat. That is pure PSX era dumb enemy AI. I would rather play this than finish RE6. I have never taken this long to play an RE game. It feels like a job you're not too thrilled about having.

Dreamer RD

Damn that's a great run man, congrats. I find it funny how you just walk sideways nonchalantly to avoid the Strelats, whereas I run around in a frantic panic until he or I are dead.

Thanks. Haha, Strelats is such a stupid lizard. We had like 3 games where he commited suicide in the rotating blades trap. And you should be really careful when killing dynamite or lantern corpses with him around, coz he can die easily.

Also, I find it hilarious when Bloodshot begins to rotate crank that controls spike trap all of a sudden. What a clever AI lol.

Jinroh

Wait is that real?

I mean someone is completting the scrapped RE2?...or what?.

Be still my beating heart!
Yes, the team has an approximately 40% finished build, and they are modding it to make it playable and faithful to the latest builds we are aware of.

That includes translating the game, modifying/creating new backgrounds, fixing the inventory items, etc. It requires a massive amount of work.

Apparently there will be more infos on Christmas, and it might be released in 2013.

Christopher

If I rented this on Red Box how many days will it take me to beat it 2/3? I'm on a Resident Evil kick after playing 5...man 5 was such a good game - it really tightened up the RE 4 formula.

*The executioner theme is the best RE song hands down.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If I rented this on Red Box how many days will it take me to beat it 2/3? I'm on a Resident Evil kick after playing 5...man 5 was such a good game - it really tightened up the RE 4 formula.

*The executioner theme is the best RE song hands down.

It'll take you around 20-25 hours to beat the game, so divide that by how many hours per day you can play and you have your answer.

Sectus

LOL I love how he's impervious to lighting.

The lighting thing is actually one of the major problems I'm getting with model swaps (it's the reason why I can't do stuff like replace Leon with pirate Leon as he'll get the same lighting probilem), but it actually works out with the retro outfits since they stand out anyway.

Dreamer RD

Spoiler warning for Leon chapter 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Qq2-v0dNQ

This is how cutscenes should be when replaying the game.

Lmao. I'm surprised Capcom didn't added bonus costumes in story mode after some challenge is cleared. Anyway, your vid proves that cutscenes are real-time? Thought they are pre-rendered movies (like in RE4 on PS2), and that's why there was no other outfits for characters. Glad I was wrong.

RedAssedApe

Banned
$1 per map? If only other games priced their DLC maps like this.

These on rails/driving sections of the game are absolute garbage...

DonMigs85

$1 per map? If only other games priced their DLC maps like this.

These on rails/driving sections of the game are absolute garbage...

They're probably only cheap since they were a preorder bonus.
Either way, I still think the DOA5 costume packs are ridiculously overpriced. Hope RE6 won't be that way.

amar212

Laser dot on your head? You better not dodge it or else its back to the bottom of the icy incline where all of this fantastic fun takes place..

Had no problem with this whatsoever, by chance of course.

It was my very first playtrough of that section. Reading this 2 days ago didn't even know it is *that* ridge ahead of me when I played it yesterday.

Instead of going up the ridge and forcing advance, I somehow decided to stay at the very start of the ridge (where the ladders are) and fought waves of enemies (including snipers) until I fought all of them (4-5 waves I think, with 2 birds if I recall well). Once they stopped to come I start going up the ridge and surprise - there was only one J'avo there, one on the snowmobile (other was waiting all the way up).

All those "ice-ridge" J'avo actually came down to ladders-section.

No hussle at all.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Put me in the "zero issue with snow level hill" camp. I was dodging snipers, sniping them back, and never slipped. Didn't even know you could till after I cleared it. Must be like the Dark Souls archers section where I clear it in two tries and go huh.. what's the issue here.. Jake 2 is decent fun.

GeekyDad

They're probably only cheap since they were a preorder bonus.
Either way, I still think the DOA5 costume packs are ridiculously overpriced. Hope RE6 won't be that way.

If SSFIV is any indication of how Capcom will price new costumes, then it will. And they're likely only a buck a piece because they're already on the disc, right? It's an easy way for Capcom to still generate an extra million or two in revenue without pissing fans off too much.

Top Bottom