• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Sectus

Yeah. Watched some japanese player 1341k solo run. He killed almost all with coup de grace, havent triggered Ubistvo and near 130-140 combo Strelats appeared, then he killed it at 149.
Also, there is a vid on Catacombs where Lepotitsa is delayed until 149 combo and they got about the same score like we did with Strelats 149 kill.

Our 1450k run - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgeisLCRe0
Japanese 1441k run - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io_CDDfKst0
Rail Yard 1341k - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdurvHq3W_Q

Hmm, okay. I was thinking for a while only secret boss had the boss bonus, but I guess every boss does get the bonus then. Wouldn't that mean an ideal run is delaying every boss until 140?

joe2187

Banned
Completed the campaigns finally ....

What the fuck have Capcom done ? This game is a mess, it plays like some Korean free 2 play crap. Are they getting their ideas from Paul Anderson now ? Eurgh ....

The way they portrayed the story by trying to connect all the characters campaigns together was very poorly done, it's pacing falls completely flat and makes the game seen entirely incoherent.

Dreamer RD

Hmm, okay. I was thinking for a while only secret boss had the boss bonus, but I guess every boss does get the bonus then. Wouldn't that mean an ideal run is delaying every boss until 140?

Hard to tell. That system is pretty much fucked up. Whooper definitely needs to be a boss, but he counts as ordinary enemy (tested as 149 kill), same goes for Shrieker. While Lepotitsa gives boss bonus, although a bit lower than Strelats. Not sure about Steel Beast Napads horde, if they all are delayed until 140 at least, score could be insane.

Any word about Predator DLC?

Sectus

Hard to tell. That system is pretty much fucked up. Whooper definitely needs to be a boss, but he counts as ordinary enemy (tested as 149 kill), same goes for Shrieker. While Lepotitsa gives boss bonus, although a bit lower than Strelats. Not sure about Steel Beast Napads horde, if they all are delayed until 140 at least, score could be insane.

Any word about Predator DLC?

I haven't heard anything new or found anything new about DLC modes. Everything I know about DLC modes I've added to the description to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8fFq7YmfZI

I think I'll try some mod tinkering so I can figure out once and for all how the boss bonuses work. I'll replace the last enemies in a map with bosses of one type and see how much they add to the score by killing them all at the end of a full combo.

Dreamer RD

I haven't heard anything new or found anything new about DLC modes. Everything I know about DLC modes I've added to the description to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8fFq7YmfZI

I think I'll try some mod tinkering so I can figure out once and for all how the boss bonuses work. I'll replace the last enemies in a map with bosses of one type and see how much they add to the score by killing them all at the end of a full combo.

Ah, so it was you who found all that info (saw on some french site). Good work, very useful. Cant wait for all those multiplayer modes. Also, Agent Hunt needs fixes. Kinda awkward to join someone's campaign when they about to finish the chapter. Needs decent lobby.

>I can figure out once and for all how the boss bonuses work

That would be cool. Can you play other 4 maps by the way? Or just found files with them?

Completed the campaigns finally ....

What the fuck have Capcom done ? This game is a mess, it plays like some Korean free 2 play crap. Are they getting their ideas from Paul Anderson now ? Eurgh ....

Yeah... okay.... no. Tell me which korean free2play games you have played. I'll gladly play them!

Sectus

Ah, so it was you who found all that info (saw on some french site). Good work, very useful. Cant wait for all those multiplayer modes. Also, Agent Hunt needs fixes. Kinda awkward to join someone's campaign when they about to finish the chapter. Needs decent lobby.

>I can figure out once and for all how the boss bonuses work

That would be cool. Can you play other 4 maps by the way? Or just found files with them?

Some of my info about the DLC modes could be wrong. I found this info by looking through loading screen tips and medal descriptions, all of those are already in the game for the DLC modes. There was some guesswork involved to figure out all the rules for the modes.

There's spawn positions, UI thumbnails and enemy texture lists for the 4 extra maps, but not the actual map files, so I can't play them. There's the same kind of information on the disc as with the pre-order maps, which makes me believe all 10 maps were ready for release, but they removed the main files from the disc to avoid another SFxT spectacle.

Based on the texture lists, these are some of the enemies for the 4 maps (there's a chance this list is not accurate though):

Requiem for War:
-European j'avo
-Bees
-Ogroman

Rooftop Mission:
-Zombie
-Firefighter zombie
-Zombie dog
-Whopper
-Napad

Creature Workshop:
-
Neo-Umbrella j'avo
-Napad
-Chainsaw boss

Liquid Fire:
-J'avo (not sure which kind)
-Napad
-Meset
-Rasklapanje

bumpkin

Leon's campaign is in the bag... Wow, and I thought
the train fight against mutated Simmons was monotonous. The T-Rex fight? Holy crap. And the final final boss battle where apparently beating him depends on luck of the draw and him eating the zombie you happened to skewer with the metal rod after you blow his head off? Ugh.

I really hope the other campaigns are more enjoyable.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just canceled my Halo 4 pre-order and bought two of the RE6 pre-order maps (High Seas Fortress and Catacombs). Looking forward to putting more time into these maps.

Sectus

I did 2 tests runs on a modded map.

Getting a full 150 combo and with around 9 whoppers killed as the last enemies: the final combo score was 1022k

Getting a full 150 combo with around 10 napads killed as the last enemies: final combo score was 1647k

So yeah, it seems obvious that it does count multiple bosses for the boss bonus in a combo, and I think what the game defines as "bosses" are hard coded. As you said, whoppers does not count, which is really weird. I guess whatever they have used as secret boss types are the ones which count, and that likely includes secret boss types for the 4 maps we haven't played yet.

I also recorded the test runs I did so I'll upload them later so people can see video proof of how it works. I might do some runs with some other enemy types to confirm which ones counts towards the boss bonus.

Leon's campaign is in the bag... Wow, and I thought
the train fight against mutated Simmons was monotonous. The T-Rex fight? Holy crap. And the final final boss battle where apparently beating him depends on luck of the draw and him eating the zombie you happened to skewer with the metal rod after you blow his head off? Ugh.

It's not random. You can
make him go for the right zombie by killing most of the other zombies. There's also an alternate way of defeating him. When he's stunned, you can pick up the metal rod and impale him with it yourself.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I hate it when people start a combo early in Mercs just to lose it right away. Got a 148 combo on Steel Beast because my partner killed the first 2 enemies in the level so far apart that our combo started on the third enemy. Grrr.

On the plus side I've basically figured out the Steel Beast spawns and can generally continue the combo once the enemies on the bottom finish spawning. I generally stay top until the Napad spawn, and then kill them as I descend the stairs. I then have my partner stay on the bottom level to kill the enemies that spawn there while I stand on the middle level taking care of the random enemies that spawn on that level. As soon as the pincer enemies start spawning I make my way up to the top level to kill the parachuting J'avo and then from there it's pretty easy to finish off the combo. However I have yet to get a 150 combo as people keep dropping it...

Dreamer RD

@Sectus

Epic. Thanks for info. So, now mercs will be the boss evading hell (at least on Steel Beast and Catacombs). But there can be other surprises too. You know High Seas Fortress well? I havent even played duo there yet. Maybe there are cocoons like on Rail Yard?
Also, by "bees" you mean Gnezdo?

Well, you can do other tests but the rest is clear, at least for now.
"Real Bosses" are:
Napad
Strelats
Gnezdo
Ubistvo
Lepotista

Steel Beast
I have yet to get a 150 combo as people keep dropping it...

I thought it's really hard to keep combo there, but we got more than 1300k with 1 attempt and friend is "below decent" player, I must say xD
Basically, at the start you can kill on the middle floor, after exploding javos it's wise to go up, then at 60-70 go down, then after 110-120 go up and fight together.

Sectus

@Sectus

Epic. Thanks for info. So, now mercs will be the boss evading hell (at least on Steel Beast and Catacombs). But there can be other surprises too. You know High Seas Fortress well? I havent even played duo there yet. Maybe there are cocoons like on Rail Yard?
Also, by "bees" you mean Gnezdo?

Well, you can do other tests but the rest is clear, at least for now.
"Real Bosses" are:
Napad
Strelats
Gnezdo
Ubistvo
Lepotista

I can't remember any cocoon enemies in high seas, I'm very sure you only have to deal with the one gnezdo. And yeah, I meant gnezdo when I wrote down bees.

I think rail yard (multiple strelats), steel beast (a bunch of napads) and catacombs (2 lepotitsa) are the ones where the ideal strategy would be to delay more than the secret boss.

I did a few more tests and they were as expected. Multiple lepotitsa and strelats also give a bunch of points.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I tried adding him once to urban chaos. It works, but he's not able to navigate the map properly. I suppose I could try him in high seas too, maybe there's enough room there.

That shows good signs he might be able to appear in the upcoming Edonia DLC map. Thanks for testing all of this, btw.

Gbraga

I tried adding him once to urban chaos. It works, but he's not able to navigate the map properly. I suppose I could try him in high seas too, maybe there's enough room there.

Please do so!

But I guess it wouldn't work properly without the climbing points...

Sectus

For the heck of it I tried something quickly in RE5:
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-11-05_03-09-04i4q5d.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-11-05_03-16-1787rl2.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-11-05_03-15-50xrojm.jpg

It's a shame Capcom never allowed full access to all characters and costumes in reunion as this was super easy to do via modding. And yikes, it's weird to play RE5 after playing RE6. It's so hard to keep the combo alive!

They unfortunately chose a sort of unexciting/weird way to use it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1493309.-2207520000.1352080001&type=3&theater

Well... that's interesting! I guess they didn't think too much when finding that screenshot.

Riposte

Has anyone been able to play this game like RE4/5 well? In other words ignored most of the mechanics and not felt punished for it. If so what difficulty did you do this (and maybe include what skills you used)? (This is a replay of sorts to what kunonabi has been saying in other threads.)

Dreamer RD

I did a few more tests and they were as expected. Multiple lepotitsa and strelats also give a bunch of points.

Told ya ;)

How many on-screen bosses are possible at the same time btw? If I keep Lepotitsa that spawns at 75combo, another one will appear at 115?

Sectus

Told ya ;)

How many on-screen bosses are possible at the same time btw? If I keep Lepotitsa that spawns at 75combo, another one will appear at 115?

I think that depends on how they are scripted. The way I spawned the bosses was that I replaced normal enemies with them, so I had a ton of them active at the same time. Based on how the urban chaos whoppers work, I'm guessing second lepotitsa would spawn with the first one still alive, but well, I haven't tested it.

Lmao sectus you need a watermark man hahahah

Eh, I don't really care what people use my screenshots for. I was just surprised Capcom used it at all. I keep a watermark on my videos at least. There was a time one guy specifically stole a bunch of my videos and it took ages before he stopped.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My niece tore up my pre-order promotional poster.

*hits on a wall*

Eidan

Does anyone have a link to that post that explained how to make playing this game tolerable? I've played through three Chris chapters, two Jake chapters, and one Leon, and I'm just not having fun with it.

klee123

Played through Leon and Chris's campaign and almost halfway through Jake's campaign.

I can definitely say so far that Chris' scenario was the most enjoyable. It was an example of a campaign where it started off crap, but just got better and better. By the end of his game, it literally bumped the game from a 7 to a 9 for me. The set pieces, the character development and ending are all top notch IMO. My only problem with Chris's campaign is that during the second half, the enemies look more like something from a sci-fi setting than a horror one.

Playing Jake's campaign and am having a blast, maybe because I've finally got used to the controls.

I do find it ironic that Leon's campaign is probably the weakest for me.

Eidan

Ask and you shall receive. What in particular are you not enjoying about the game?

Thanks. In particular I'm hating any and everything involving cover, running, and melee. When I go into cover I find my character dicks around hopping in and out of it while I fumble with the controls. I don't understand what the point of the running and sliding mechanic is. And I hate that the melee mechanic isn't as reliable as it was in RE4 and RE5. I'm just finding encounters tiresome more so than challenging or entertaining. But I still want to finish the game.

Finally beat Leon's campaign, much better than Chris'. Only shitty part was all the awful QTE moments while Chris campaign had almost no QTE stuff... but still enjoyed Leon's better.

What was with the whole intro the to the game with all that awful QTE crap and tossing a player into the fire, when the actual part of the story plays out completely different when you get to it in Leon's campaign. Was that some retarded attempt to teach players something?

Eidan

Finally beat Leon's campaign, much better than Chris'. Only shitty part was all the awful QTE moments while Chris campaign had almost no QTE stuff... but still enjoyed Leon's better.

What was with the whole intro the to the game with all that awful QTE crap and tossing a player into the fire, when the actual part of the story plays out completely different when you get to it in Leon's campaign. Was that some retarded attempt to teach players something?

What's with having different campaigns go through the exact same boss encounters with no difference in objectives or tactics? I played Jake 1 right after Chris 2. I was shocked that the game was having me do the exact same thing over again.

Riposte

What's with having different campaigns go through the exact same boss encounters with no difference in objectives or tactics? I played Jake 1 right after Chris 2. I was shocked that the game was having me do the exact same thing over again.

Uh... it is obvious isn't it? So that people playing Jake 1 can play with people playing Chris 2.

Eidan

Uh... it is obvious isn't it? So that people playing Jake 1 can play with people playing Chris 2.

Ah, so that's like some kind of...perk? I still don't understand why the characters' objectives had to be exactly the same. You can have Jake players play with Chris players, but have them be capable of helping in different aspects, like, I dunno, having one of those stupid bars that only Jake can use, which means there might be turrets that only he can access.

GeekyDad

Ah, so that's like some kind of...perk? I still don't understand why the characters' objectives had to be exactly the same. You can have Jake players play with Chris players, but have them be capable of helping in different aspects, like, I dunno, having one of those stupid bars that only Jake can use, which means there might be turrets that only he can access.

They didn't, and being able to play together isn't a valid excuse, since they could have merely had the A.I. do (like they did in other parts of the game) the various different tactics when playing solo. It would have been nice to have to approach bosses differently in different campaigns, but at least those crossover moments weren't huge chunks of the game. Besides, I almost consider this RE more of a L4D-lite experience than an actual RE game. I don't mind running through it multiple times, since it's doled out in chapters.

cvxfreak

I finished all of RE6 in Japanese a few days ago. I have no idea why Capcom was restrictive with accessing the Japanese text in either version. For PS3, the Japanese text is omitted from non-Japanese versions of the game (annoying because I played the NA PS3 version). On the 360 version, the disc is region free, but Japanese text only appears on a Japanese system. Not only that, but RE6 doesn't have a Japanese dub like Revelations and Operation Raccoon City. Weird!

HUGE thumbs down on the localization. I do like some of the actual English lines and writing used in the game, but the accuracy of the lines relative to the Japanese subtitles leaves a lot to be desired. In Japanese, lots of thematic words like "trust" are frequently used to convey various relationships. It's not deep stuff or anything, but all this is lost in the localization.

Not only that, but the Japanese and English lines tend to be different in general. Sometimes I'll see words like "BSAA" or "[name]" in the Japanese text even though absolutely no one is mentioned in the vocals.

The files in the game are way more detailed in Japanese. It's as if the English text was space-constrained.

Not game-breaking by any means, but the wait for a good RE localization continues.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Thanks. In particular I'm hating any and everything involving cover, running, and melee. When I go into cover I find my character dicks around hopping in and out of it while I fumble with the controls. I don't understand what the point of the running and sliding mechanic is. And I hate that the melee mechanic isn't as reliable as it was in RE4 and RE5. I'm just finding encounters tiresome more so than challenging or entertaining. But I still want to finish the game.

Don't use cover unless you absolutely have to.

Is mercenaries available from the start? You should mess around in there for a while. Doing that gave me a much better sense of all the conditions involved in the melee system and made the results much more predictable. I also think it's a showcase of the game's best qualities. It might help you have more fun in the campaign as well.

Dreamer RD

What the hell with campaign coop? Wanted to make PRO guide with emblems, but after we cleared 1 Leon chapter, friend said it was too easy and actually his difficulty was Amateur lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell with campaign coop? Wanted to make PRO guide with emblems, but after we cleared 1 Leon chapter, friend said it was too easy and actually his difficulty was Amateur lol

Haha yeah the difficulty you are playing in co-op depends on the difficulty you are playing in single player. I was feeling generous on Sunday and wanted to just go online and play with people who are playing on Amateur to help them get through the story, but I was constantly getting swarmed and DESTROYED by J'avo. I literally had to flee in terror whenever enemies showed up and I just didn't understand why I was so terrible at the game all of a sudden.

Then I realized I was actually playing on Professional even though the dude I was playing with had set the game to Amateur. On the plus side I S-ranked a bunch of Jake missions on Pro. :)

Riposte

There are campaign intersections like that. The clearest example being in a fight in Leon 5.

Sectus

Maybe it's not very apparent, but they do actually have different objectives. Chris and Piers are supposed to defend Finn as he plants explosives, and Jake and Sherry are supposed to fight off the big BOW.

Top Bottom