• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Sectus

Sven over at Capcom Unity made a post regarding costumes in story mode:
Here is a cut and paste of Hirabayashi-san's response:

"Hirabayashisan's feedback regards to your request:

-Costume is not/ and cannot be used for Story Mode
-technically because of the real time memory limitation, memory of shader increases therefore that makes it impossible to operate
(currently using FW2.0 shader....)"

Sorry guys, it doesn't seem likely.

Gyrian

-technically because of the real time memory limitation, memory of shader increases therefore that makes it impossible to operate
(currently using FW2.0 shader....)"

This limitation wouldn't be there for the PC version.
Hopefully they will at least include this ability there (or have a framework in which modding can fix this properly).

kaioshade

I am not quite sure if this is a RE6 or Headset problem

I have the Sony headset (99 Dollar set) and whenever I choose to output all audio to the headset, I can rear the re6 game sounds but not the person I am playing with voice chat. He can hear me speak, but I cant hear him. telling the console to output voice chat to the speakers work, but then I cant use the headset for game sound.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sectus

This limitation wouldn't be there for the PC version.
Hopefully they will at least include this ability there (or have a framework in which modding can fix this properly).

I'm hoping it'll be easy to get around via modding. On the xbox, the reason why it doesn't work via modding is because some of the textures for it doesn't seem to be rendered or even loaded. The annoying thing is that I get the same problem with other things too, like adding various enemy types to various stages.

Just finished Jake's story after Leon's. It's a lot easier than Leon's, and I loved the scenery in his stages (that includes Sherry
in a hospital gown, and the snow and blizzard part was nice
. That ending though....
"No, you saved my life..." *Barf* Trying too hard.
. Anyway, wouldn't mind Jake in another RE, and some of their conversations were quite funny.

Started up Chris', and it's really as bad as I remembered from the demo. Felt awfully tedious because it was too much like a shooter. The extra characters on screen also lowered the framerate and further soured my experience.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I am not quite sure if this is a RE6 or Headset problem

I have the Sony headset (99 Dollar set) and whenever I choose to output all audio to the headset, I can rear the re6 game sounds but not the person I am playing with voice chat. He can hear me speak, but I cant hear him. telling the console to output voice chat to the speakers work, but then I cant use the headset for game sound.

Anyone else have this problem?

The only thing that comes to mind is that there are two adjusting sliders on that headset. One for "Volume", the other for the balance between the voice chat and in-game sounds. If you haven't adjusted the latter, you won't hear anything being said to you.

Sucks about the costumes. Seems like a huge oversight to not have alternate costumes in place for story mode. With the exception of Code Veronica hasnt every main RE game included alt outfits? Hopefully there will be a way around this for the PC version.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Does anyone still play Mercenaries regularly on the PS3? I'd like to find a partner to play with; randoms are too hit and miss, and it'd be nice to have someone to talk strategy with or at least communicate with the ad lib thing in-game. Add me (Pak38) if you're interested! I'm on the East Coast if connection matters.

Okay, ditched Chris' dumb squad now. This is better.

I must say I'm really impressed by the level of detail in China. I can see where the huge manpower went into.

And out of three, Chris' campaign seems to have the best romance sub-plot.... :p

Bladenic

Okay, ditched Chris' dumb squad now. This is better.

I must say I'm really impressed by the level of detail in China. I can see where the huge manpower went into.

And out of three, Chris' campaign seems to have the best romance sub-plot.... :p

Nah, Jake/Sherry trump Chris/Piers. Both are better than Leon/you know who.

Gyrian

I'm hoping it'll be easy to get around via modding. On the xbox, the reason why it doesn't work via modding is because some of the textures for it doesn't seem to be rendered or even loaded. The annoying thing is that I get the same problem with other things too, like adding various enemy types to various stages.

That might be the engine's handling of being out of memory that the dev describes.

Does anyone still play Mercenaries regularly on the PS3? I'd like to find a partner to play with; randoms are too hit and miss, and it'd be nice to have someone to talk strategy with or at least communicate with the ad lib thing in-game. Add me (Pak38) if you're interested! I'm on the East Coast if connection matters.

I still play Mercs fairly often, it is crazy addictive! My PSN name is the same as my name here, I'll give you an add.
The 150 solo combo still eludes me thanks to random disasters. I actually got to 144 the other night in Urban Chaos, hah.

Sectus

That might be the engine's handling of being out of memory that the dev describes.
It is probably related, but I'm surprised how difficult it is to get working. Even when removing a ton of stuff from a level (which I assume would drastically lower the memory load) I get the exact same problems. I suspect there's files which dictate which textures the game allows to be loaded for each stage, but I'm not sure where those are and how to edit them.

I'm really curious how they'll be handling the PC release. In theory, a lot of mod related stuff could become so much easier. But it's also possible they'll just port over the exact same systems as used on the console versions.

Krelian

After playing the game a fair bit and finishing the first storyline I'm starting to see many of the flaws of the game. There's much potential wasted by incredibly stupid design decisions (Chris' final chapter is a fucking nightmare). I wish they had used fewer QTE events than in RE5. I always thought it was the natural way to go forward along with better controls. They got the controls right now but they made the QTE bullshit far worse.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the game despite its shortcomings. So far I like Jake's chapters the most but I haven't finished Leon's and Jake's chapters yet.

Nah, Jake/Sherry trump Chris/Piers. Both are better than Leon/you know who.

Haha definitely Leon's is the worst.

Anyway just finished all three, and playing
Ada
now.
Ada's model looks really good, and I'm loving all the crawling around you have to do.... ;) Oh, the lone exploration and puzzles are a welcome change too.

GrayFoxPL

Caved in and bought the game.

It does kinda suck in SP, pretty fun in coop though. Problem is you better play the chapter in sp first so you won't look stupid in partner's eyes. So yeah...

QTE Evil indeed but different kills and moves feel nice, apart of taking cover - so pointless.

I have a problem with length of the chapters, so fucking long. Annoying when doing them online, because you can't stop until end. I played with a guy for couple of hours, finally at the cutscene at very end of Leon chapter it signs me off psn, breaks connection. Then the stats look like I played single player. So pissed off. :/

Huge upgrade over RE5 is that you finally fight zombies again. Zombies>>>> Las Plagas.
No weapon upgrades bit suck but on the other hand weapons feel powerful and balanced.
Oh and partner AI is infinitely better then 5 at least.

I'm just on 4th Leon chapter mostly by playing alone, but stopped and joined other Leon games on chapters I already passed - Much more enjoyable.

I have few questions.

1. Nevermind.

2. How to get more slots for abilities? Supposed to be 8 but I'm stuck on one.

3. Why is RE6 so fucking dark? D: The game wants you to lower brightness all the way down, but even on max 40 brightness the game is so dark I often can't see shit. Lol. "Darkest" game ever.

So yeah, in coop I enjoy it but it's far from true RE. Then again the feeling while playing reminds me of Outbreak, so not bad game so far.

Not sure if Re.net. is working for me. I don't see any notifications. :/

Gyrian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCuf5TfsOU - Another mod progress video from me. Contains minor spoilers.

By the way, I think it's tomorrow that the patch is released and it's on Tuesday the multiplayer dlc is released on xbox.

Nice tweaks! The crossbow animations being tied to the weapon rather than Ada was pretty funny.
Hope the PC version isn't too far behind, it should allow some pretty neat things (plus, I'd love to get some 120fps Mercs action!)

Speaking of Mercs, I finally got a 150 combo solo! This was in Urban Chaos with Ada, and to my surprise, I was able to do the same for Mining the Depths in the same sitting. :0

maomaoIYP

2. How to get more slots for abilities? Supposed to be 8 but I'm stuck on one.

Not sure if Re.net. is working for me. I don't see any notifications. :/

You need to beat 1 campaign to unlock 8 slots. Re.net works great for me, it takes a while to update your play status.

For the new aiming settings, 15/15/0 seems alright to me but you guys might be able to figure out something better. I would have experimented more but you can't change the camera from within the game.

amar212

Patch is now out on both xbox and ps3.

This has just arrived in my mailbox:

======================================================================
The message is sent to all RESIDENT EVIL. NET notification subscribers ======================================================================

==Resident Evil 6 Title Update Information==

A free update for PS3 containing the following features is now available:

[1] Ada scenario co-op mode
[2] Ultra-hard [No Hope] difficulty setting
[3] New camera settings
[4] New [Agent] character for Extra Content

----------------------------------------------------------------------
[1] Ada scenario co-op mode
Co-op has been added to Ada's scenario.
Ada's scenario can now be accessed without having to complete Leon's, Chris' and Jake's scenarios beforehand, and can now be played in co-op.

[2] Ultra-hard [No Hope] difficulty setting
A new difficulty level is now available for those of you looking for something even more challenging than [Professional]!

-Only available when playing in co-op with a partner using [No Hope] -If you join a game configured with any other difficulty, your own difficulty will be automatically lowered to [Professional] -Skills cannot be used -Your health is not restored when you continue -The value of Skill Points acquired is doubled

[3] New camera settings
Additional settings for the standard and aim cameras have been added.
These settings can be adjusted by accessing [Camera settings] under OPTIONS. Both the field of view and the position of the aim camera can be adjusted.

[4] New [Agent] character for Extra Content
[Agent] added for use in Extra Content.
The Agent's loadout contains a variety of weapons adaptable to any combat situation.

With your continued feedback, we will be doing our best to keep providing great content for Resident Evil 6!

==Other Contents==

[1] "Straight Aim": the first team event, starts December 21st!
[2] Welcome Campaign to end soon
[3] Etc.

[1] "Straight Aim": the first team event, starts December 21st!
Team events are a new kind of event we've been working on: form a team with your Site Buddies (or even players you've never met before) and compete against other teams for a place in the rankings! Up to 3 players can form a team for this event, the aim of which is to get as many headshots as possible. Lead your team to fame as the winners of the first ever team event!

*Teams can be created and joined starting December 14th, for more information on how to participate in team events please visit the site.

-> For more event details please view the following pages:
http://residentevil.net/en/playstation/event-21.html

[2] Welcome Campaign to end soon
The Welcome Campaign will end on December 27th at 15:00 (JST).

Make sure to tell your friends to register a CAPCOM Account soon if they haven't already done so!

*Once the Campaign has ended, the registration bonus will drop from
40,000 to 30,000 points.

[3] Etc.
Thanks for reading this far!

We hope you're all looking forward to the "Straight Aim" team event, make sure to invite all your friends to take part as well!

For those of you looking forward to some solid gaming over the holiday season, we've set aside an event to keep you busy, details will be on RE. NET soon!

***end

Shall we make a new thread for this?

Quick impressions:

3 different field of view parameters to alter:

Default Camera Field of View 1 - 15 (The higher the number, the greater the field of view for the default camera)

Field of View when aiming 1 - 15 (adjust the width of the field of view when aiming)

Position when aiming 1 - 15 (The higher the number, the closer you will be positioned to the side)

As stated earlier, you CAN'T adjust these in-game lol

Currently checking out No Hope Difficulty

Sectus

I made comparisons between some camera values:

Camera FOV 0 - http://www.abload.de/img/camera0gmqkr.jpg
Camera FOV 15 - http://www.abload.de/img/camera15bepco.jpg

Aiming FOV 0 - Aiming Position 0 - http://www.abload.de/img/aiming0-0gfraw.jpg
Aiming FOV 0 - Aiming Position 15 - http://www.abload.de/img/aiming0-153zpsg.jpg
Aiming FOV 15 - Aiming Position 0 - http://www.abload.de/img/aiming15-0a6r2i.jpg
Aiming FOV 15 - Aiming Position 15 - http://www.abload.de/img/aiming15-15xlocc.jpg

I think 15-15-0 is the way to go. Maybe 15-15-15 if you use a crosshair instead of the laser sight.

Feindflug

I made comparisons between some camera values:

Camera FOV 0 - http://www.abload.de/img/camera0gmqkr.jpg
Camera FOV 15 - http://www.abload.de/img/camera15bepco.jpg

Aiming FOV 0 - Aiming Position 0 - http://www.abload.de/img/aiming0-0gfraw.jpg
Aiming FOV 0 - Aiming Position 15 - http://www.abload.de/img/aiming0-153zpsg.jpg
Aiming FOV 15 - Aiming Position 0 - http://www.abload.de/img/aiming15-0a6r2i.jpg
Aiming FOV 15 - Aiming Position 15 - http://www.abload.de/img/aiming15-15xlocc.jpg

I think 15-15-0 is the way to go. Maybe 15-15-15 if you use a crosshair instead of the laser sight.

Thanks for the pics Sectus! 15-15-0 seems the way to go indeed.

Can't wait to play the game later tonight when I get home and experiment a bit with the camera settings. :)

Riposte

I have to get the game back later today/tomorrow... I want explicit details on No Mercy. I don't know which thread it should be posted in though.

Sectus

I have to get the game back later today/tomorrow... I want explicit details on No Mercy. I don't know which thread it should be posted in though.
Well, I don't think you'll get any info on No Mercy before PC version is out, assuming it has it all ;P

No hope is VERY hard. I uploaded a video showing it in the release build (it is accessible via modding), and it is actually even harder than what I showed in the video: no skills allowed, you don't get health back when restarting checkpoints, no infinite ammo, and if you play coop, both players needs to be on no hope. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it's actually harder than pro in RE5.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I stopped playing this game as soon as I heard of the patch. While RE6 has issues, the fov bothered me the most.

It is now time to finish up this bad boy.

Bladenic

Haha definitely Leon's is the worst.

Anyway just finished all three, and playing
Ada
now.
Ada's model looks really good, and I'm loving all the crawling around you have to do.... ;) Oh, the lone exploration and puzzles are a welcome change too.

That campaign starts off very promising for the first two chapters, then slowly gets worse until it culminates with the absolute worst final chapter of the game.

Anyway might download the patch and replay a few chapters. No interest in No Hope though.

So, 15-0-15 if you use the laser sight and 15-15-15 for the crosshair, correct ? Heck, I think I'll go with 15 all the way regardless.

What were the default values for these options before the patch ?

So, 15-0-15 if you use the laser sight and 15-15-15 for the crosshair, correct ? Heck, I think I'll go with 15 all the way regardless.

What were the default values for these options before the patch ?

15/15/0 for laser sight and all 15 for crosshair. These options didnt exist before the patch. defaults are 0 for everything.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I tried this for like three minutes before work today, and while I do like the pulled back camera I think aiming with high sensitivity really messes with the pointer. I had the FOV at 15-15-0 and when I try to aim the pointer around, it doesn't move smoothly but instead does these annoying skips. I think the laser pointer has trouble keeping up with the camera when you pull the FOV back all the way. It's very irritating.

This is on 360 btw. I wasn't able to fight any enemies since I didn't have much time, but I'll do some more testing when I get home. Also it would seem that you can only play Ada co-op with other people, you can't get an AI co-op partner. Is this correct?

AlexBasch

Oh man, I can't wait to get back home and try this out. Beat the 360 version already and wanted to get through my PS3 copy, but after knowing about this patch I decided to wait it out. Looks good!

Sectus

Why would you ever have the aiming position at 0 ? Your guy is obstructing half the screen.

http://www.abload.de/img/aiming15-0a6r2i.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/aiming15-15xlocc.jpg

Comparing 0 and 15, the character occupies a very similar quantity of the screen. I think there's 2 advantages to keeping aiming position at 0: you get to see a little bit left of the character, and the origin of the laser sight is closer to where you're aiming, making aiming easier.

Top Bottom