• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.abload.de/img/aiming15-0a6r2i.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/aiming15-15xlocc.jpg

Comparing 0 and 15, the character occupies a very similar quantity of the screen. I think there's 2 advantages to keeping aiming position at 0: you get to see a little bit left of the character, and the origin of the laser sight is closer to where you're aiming, making aiming easier.

Sectus, what sensitivity do you have your aiming set to? Does your laser sight jerk around when you try to aim with an aiming FOV of 15? My laser sight was jumping around pretty obnoxiously when I tried it for a bit this morning on 360.

Sectus

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...evil-6-update-live-pc-version-coming-march-22

Holy bananas actual matchmaking for agent hunt and auto-completing QTEs.

Sectus, what sensitivity do you have your aiming set to? Does your laser sight jerk around when you try to aim with an aiming FOV of 15? My laser sight was jumping around pretty obnoxiously when I tried it for a bit this morning on 360.

I did a quick test on the PS3 and I couldn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I have aiming sensitivities at 7 and 6. I can't check on the 360 right now, but I played some mercs runs earlier and I can't remember any stuttering.

That campaign starts off very promising for the first two chapters, then slowly gets worse until it culminates with the absolute worst final chapter of the game.

Anyway might download the patch and replay a few chapters. No interest in No Hope though.

Ackk! Don't tell me: QTE-itis and run-for-your-life-and-die-at-the-slightest-mistake-itis?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I did a quick test on the PS3 and I couldn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I have aiming sensitivities at 7 and 6. I can't check on the 360 right now, but I played some mercs runs earlier and I can't remember any stuttering.

Hmm, weird. I wonder if playing at sensitivity 9 is what's causing it. Will do some more testing when I get home I guess.

BTW I just realized I never got the latest Mercs maps. What's the consensus on them?

Sectus

Hmm, weird. I wonder if playing at sensitivity 9 is what's causing it. Will do some more testing when I get home I guess.

BTW I just realized I never got the latest Mercs maps. What's the consensus on them?

You should get them. I don't have any ranking list for the maps, but I think they're good as the rest and they have unique traits.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You should get them. I don't have any ranking list for the maps, but I think they're good as the rest and they have unique traits.

Thanks, will definitely give them a spin when I get around to this game again (probably not until I get back from the holidays though). Hopefully I'll still have the RE6 itch then.

sugarless

Requiem for War is great. Liquid Fire is garbage (awful graphics and annoying enemies)

Yup, Requiem for War is a great map. It's open up top, with some buildings and tunnels for variety and it's nice and bright. Plus the mini-boss is fun!

I quite like Liquid Fire, although you don't really need to move around the level once you've got the time crystals, as the enemies will all just come to you. It's a good place to get the achievement for pushing enemies off a high place, as there are gaps in the walkway railings where you can wait and let enemies come close, then stun them and activate a push.

GrayFoxPL

You need to beat 1 campaign to unlock 8 slots. Re.net works great for me, it takes a while to update your play status.

Thanks.

I though the RE.net registers automatically in game like Tag2 WTF.

I'm so late to this. Hate to input my psn login there. I've been badly hacked already.

Shit, I forgot my login.

Edit: It is working! So awesome!

I'm starting to love this game. I just noticed RE6 is from director of Outbreak series and I loved those, figures.

Is that a pc thing?

Nah its just part of another update due out on January 22nd.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...evil-6-update-live-pc-version-coming-march-22
There will also be a second title update on January 22, adding the following adjustments:

-Agent Hunt mode unlocked from the start

-Agent Hunt selectable criteria before starting match (stage, region, settings like infinite ammo or friendly fire)

-Stage selection within chapters

-QTE assist; you have the option to automatically complete most QTE events (a relief on Professional, looking at you Simmons)

Just went through Chris Ch.1 on Pro

Pretty satisfied with 10,10,0

Man, can't believe how much Capcom butchered their own art teams work by having the camera so narrow. Game is gorgeous alot of the time but you wouldn't know it

BoSox06DH

Made the camera setting with the recommended 15, 15, 0 and played a bit of mercenaries and liked it a lot. I had originally planned using the laser sight when RE6 jcame out, but realized that the cross hairs were better for accuracy. After setting the camera to 15, 15, 0 I used the laser sight and was already way more accurate than when I played before. Gotta work out the kinks to get the camera the way I want it, but it's so awesome that I wonder why Capcom didn't have this option to start out with.

EekTheKat

15/10/0 here. The wider FoV minimizes camera movement when transitioning into sprinting, reducing motion sickness somewhat.

I seem to be better at aiming with a wider aiming FoV.

I like 10/10/0 setting the most. 15/15/0 seems a little to far zoomed out.

I gotta say the No Hope difficulty is awesome. This is what professional should have been. You guys better get used to only having one bar of health lol. It almost feels like Survival Horror again because health and ammo are scarce and enemies take more damage making take a slower more aware approach. It makes me wonder what a naked No Hope run would be like.

cvxfreak

I beat Ada Chapter 3 on No Hope Difficulty. That's one of the easiest chapters to complete, but I only died a few times. The key is to avoid combat unless you absolutely have to.

I anticipate Leon's chapter being particularly difficult in No Hope...

Gyrian

The camera adjustments definitely deliver. I'm running 15/15/0 and loving it. Some of the widest FOV seen in a console game, and it doesn't change performance!

Agent looks surprisingly fun in Mercs. Very competent melee, decent load, and a killer taunt.

I'm really looking forward to trying out No Hope, as well as Ada coop if only to see how in the hell they handled having a partner in some of the situations in her scenario...

BTW, if anyone else here is participating in the online events, we should assemble a team for the upcoming one!

maomaoIYP

The camera adjustments definitely deliver. I'm running 15/15/0 and loving it. Some of the widest FOV seen in a console game, and it doesn't change performance!

Agent looks surprisingly fun in Mercs. Very competent melee, decent load, and a killer taunt.

I'm really looking forward to trying out No Hope, as well as Ada coop if only to see how in the hell they handled having a partner in some of the situations in her scenario...

BTW, if anyone else here is participating in the online events, we should assemble a team for the upcoming one!

I find Agent kind of bad in mercs, like alt Helena and alt Ada, they don't have a power weapon, making chains a little difficult when the powerful monsters come out.

So that setting is kinda like RE4/5 style?

It's pretty reminiscent as yeah, that's what I was going for. It's a just a hair more pulled back from RE4/5 and the camera is more centered on the player model, as opposed to slightly above it like in those games.
The majority of the environments in RE6 were seemingly designed for the narrow/up-close camera in-mind ala lots of densely populated funneled hallways and what not. Because when you pull it back, camera is constantly hitting the environment/zooming in again.

I like 10/10/0 setting the most. 15/15/0 seems a little to far zoomed out.

I gotta say the No Hope difficulty is awesome. This is what professional should have been. You guys better get used to only having one bar of health lol. It almost feels like Survival Horror again because health and ammo are scarce and enemies take more damage making take a slower more aware approach. It makes me wonder what a naked No Hope run would be like.

Yeah, 15 on anything just feels like a widescreen gaming hack or something.

Gyrian

I find Agent kind of bad in mercs, like alt Helena and alt Ada, they don't have a power weapon, making chains a little difficult when the powerful monsters come out.

He's actually in pretty good shape, just not as easy as having a magnum to rescue a combo about to go bad.
5 remote bombs can obliterate most 'mini boss' type enemies, and the auto sniper rifle also delivers some great openings.
Depending on your play style, you might even use the 909 just about 95% of the match.

maomaoIYP

He's actually in pretty good shape, just not as easy as having a magnum to rescue a combo about to go bad.
5 remote bombs can obliterate most 'mini boss' type enemies, and the auto sniper rifle also delivers some great openings.
Depending on your play style, you might even use the 909 just about 95% of the match.

Ahhh, forgot about the remote bomb. I do use the pistol most of the time actually. I guess that officially makes alt ada the worst in mercs. The bolt action sniper is really bad.

Gyrian

Ahhh, forgot about the remote bomb. I do use the pistol most of the time actually. I guess that officially makes alt ada the worst in mercs. The bolt action sniper is really bad.

That rifle's got its moments, but there's definitely no room for error.
It's rather powerful, and can serve as a combo savior weapon with quick shot.

I do love regular Ada, it's a fun challenge to plan around what she's carrying. :)

Teknoman

-Skills cannot be used -Your health is not restored when you continue -The value of Skill Points acquired is doubled

Whats the point if skills cant be used?

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice

Hey Gyrian, sorry I couldn't play Mercs when you asked. It ended up taking much longer than expected; I can play now but not sure if you're busy in Netflix. Next time for sure!

I'll happily form a team with you for the headshot even that's coming up too.

maomaoIYP

That rifle's got its moments, but there's definitely no room for error.
It's rather powerful, and can serve as a combo savior weapon with quick shot.

I do love regular Ada, it's a fun challenge to plan around what she's carrying. :)

Regular Ada is one of my favorites too! Love the challenge with the crossbow!

I know when I'm done with No Hope I'm going to want to play more, but with the multiplayer modes being a timed exclusive I feel I'm at a standstill. Has Capcom even mentioned how long they will be exclusive?

maomaoIYP

Oh man, the DLC is pretty damn amazing, lots of achievements too. Playing as the Ustanak is so awesome. Remember to save your team members! I was just playing in a room where no one saved each other. I wiped out all 5 of them in a minute for the achievement.

ksdixon

Hmm... I forget my RE history (well, I hate 4/5 so I'm fuzzy on the story from then onwards regardless), but how was Wesker's people having Sherry Birkin retconned out of existence again?

Sectus

I think the Wesker report thing which came with Code Veronica claimed that Wesker took Sherry after RE2. But I guess that was considered as non canon. That entire Wesker report was silly anyway. It did more damage to the story than good.

Daigoro

new modes seem great so far.

Onslaught is really damn cool. too bad i suck at it. been so long since i played i didnt even remember all of the controls for a bit this morning. seems like a great mode though.

the VS mode seems pretty decent too, turning into a zombie is nice, especially if you can get a kill and turn human again.

havent had a chance to play Predator yet. maybe a quick round before bed today.

maomaoIYP

new modes seem great so far.

Onslaught is really damn cool. too bad i suck at it. been so long since i played i didnt even remember all of the controls for a bit this morning. seems like a great mode though.

the VS mode seems pretty decent too, turning into a zombie is nice, especially if you can get a kill and turn human again.

havent had a chance to play Predator yet. maybe a quick round before bed today.

Survivor is my least favorite. It's basically team deathmatch/FFA. But yeah Onslaught is really intense, it's mercs with a hardcore twist. Some interesting strategy can be applied, getting a 30 hit combo sends a special enemy over, but resets your damage multiplier. Maybe it's worth looking into pressing LB to send a 29 combo, and then use the retained multiplier to blast through very quickly another 30. I like predator as well, the Ustanak plays well, and you really get the feeling of power when you tear through all the agents.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Survivor is my least favorite. It's basically team deathmatch/FFA. But yeah Onslaught is really intense, it's mercs with a hardcore twist. Some interesting strategy can be applied, getting a 30 hit combo sends a special enemy over, but resets your damage multiplier. Maybe it's worth looking into pressing LB to send a 29 combo, and then use the retained multiplier to blast through very quickly another 30. I like predator as well, the Ustanak plays well, and you really get the feeling of power when you tear through all the agents.

People aren't abusing the jake melee stun for Ustank? Or the bolt action glitch?

Sectus

I never noticed that. You lose the entire multiplier when getting a 30 combo but keep it if you send enemies manually?

Top Bottom