• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Sectus

Sectus, your RE6 mods are famous. I'm online looking for some information, and in like every thread people are confused about merc laodouts, and it always comes back around to someone explaining to them it was (your) mod.

lol

Yeah, it is a bit weird. I can remember when I first started playing the RE6 versus modes, I got a ton of messages from people going "Hey, you're that fluffyquack guy!"

Shinta

Banned
So which EX3 should I get!!?? I have a ticket for 1 costume.

I'm torn between Helena and Sherry.

29da7f97bc9fa5413e9f2001d90e8c37.png

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I made a mistake picking Chris... because I already like Chris' alts. I should have chosen someone's alt I don't like playing with.

:(

Like Jake, Peirs, etc... I should have taken Leon cause I like his alt loadout, but don't like the Long John Silver costume.

MooMoo

Wait so I never really understood the concept of the RE.net website. Anyone want to explain it to me? Are the things you earn via the website strictly accessible through the website only (i.e. will I be able to earn the things through the game itself or do I have to deal with earning points on the website to get the unlockables?). How do you earn RE points? Tickets, what and how the heck do you get those?

Haven't really touched this game on my 360 because I don't have anyone to play with D: But once the PC version rolls around I want to make sure I take advantage of whatever RE.net has to offer.

Evolved1

Wait so I never really understood the concept of the RE.net website. Anyone want to explain it to me? Are the things you earn via the website strictly accessible through the website only (i.e. will I be able to earn the things through the game itself or do I have to deal with earning points on the website to get the unlockables?). How do you earn RE points? Tickets, what and how the heck do you get those?

Haven't really touched this game on my 360 because I don't have anyone to play with D: But once the PC version rolls around I want to make sure I take advantage of whatever RE.net has to offer.

Playing the game is how you earn RE.net points. There are web medals for the site, that have to do with doing things on the site, but they aren't many, or difficult to obtain (unlock a wallpaper, for example, is one of those) most all points are obtained just through playing the game and fulfilling the in-game requirements.

You have to link you PSN/LIVE account though. The nice thing, iirc, is that it's retroactive. So your points should unlock for stuff you already did when you link your account.

Shinta

Banned

You have to register and link your accounts, then it will track your playtime and give you points based on playing the game. You get a log-in bonus for logging into the website every day continuously, so I usually just log in since I still haven't unlocked everything and points build up.

The ticket is a prize you could get from one of the past contests they ran on the website. You had to kill at least one zombie during the contest to randomly be entered. It was finally redeemable today for me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It depends on what stage you're playing and who you're playing as. In some stages you'll want power counter if that means you can counter kill more enemies without damaging them first. If you're already playing as a character who can counter kill everything (or if power counter doesn't help), then I think time bonus+ is seen as the best skill.

For beginners, increased drop rate is probably a good one.

What characters can counter kill everything? I thought counter strength was constant among the characters.

MooMoo

Playing the game is how you earn RE.net points. There are web medals for the site, that have to do with doing things on the site, but they aren't many, or difficult to obtain (unlock a wallpaper, for example, is one of those) most all points are obtained just through playing the game and fulfilling the in-game requirements.

You have to link you PSN/LIVE account though. The nice thing, iirc, is that it's retroactive. So your points should unlock for stuff you already did when you link your account.

You have to register and link your accounts, then it will track your playtime and give you points based on playing the game. You get a log-in bonus for logging into the website every day continuously, so I usually just log in since I still haven't unlocked everything and points build up.

The ticket is a prize you could get from one of the past contests they ran on the website. You had to kill at least one zombie during the contest to randomly be entered. It was finally redeemable today for me.
Ah okay, that makes sense. I'm not sure why but I had this crazy notion that getting points was more complicated than just simply playing the game :S Thanks for the explanation guys!

Is it probable that we'll be able to link our 360 and PC accounts to the same RE.net account?

Sectus

What characters can counter kill everything? I thought counter strength was constant among the characters.

It definitely varies. As far as I know, it varies in 2 ways: some characters deal more damage with their counter animation, and their animation can affect whether or not the hit hits the enemy's head.

Chris is the most powerful character when it comes to counters. I'm not completely sure, but I think he can counter kill every enemy in catacombs without hurting them first.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It definitely varies. As far as I know, it varies in 2 ways: some characters deal more damage with their counter animation, and their animation can affect whether or not the hit hits the enemy's head.

Chris is the most powerful character when it comes to counters. I'm not completely sure, but I think he can counter kill every enemy in catacombs without hurting them first.

Iiiiiinteresting...

maomaoIYP

Yeah this is correct. On certain stages enemies seem to have different health as well. Female zombies also seem to have less health than males.

For example, the zombies in urban chaos predominantly do the arm swing melee -
with power counter, everyone holding a 2 handed weapon gets an instant kill, most holding a 1 handed weapon cannot, except with the females.
without power counter, Chris holding a 1 handed only gets kills on the females.

In mining the depths, the zombies do the overhead grab melee -
with power counter, everyone holding a 1 handed weapon gets and instant kill and vice versa.
without power counter, some characters holding a 1 handed also get instant kills (Chris and Ada in particular)

Hm, wondering what I should be doing now that I've gotten all the trophies and have unlocked all the characters in Mercenaries. I guess just getting skill points and unlocking everything?

btw I need more PS3/RE.net friends. add me, playing with randoms really sucks sometimes. PSN ID is darthorcrux

Riposte

Hm, wondering what I should be doing now that I've gotten all the trophies and have unlocked all the characters in Mercenaries. I guess just getting skill points and unlocking everything?

btw I need more PS3/RE.net friends. add me, playing with randoms really sucks sometimes. PSN ID is darthorcrux

(Aside from more Mercenaries, Agent Hunt, etc)

1) Multiplayer DLC
2) Wait for (Jake?) single-player DLC

maomaoIYP

First aim for 150 combo on each stage. Then 150 combo on each stage with every character.

Evolved1

Can someone please explain to me why THE FUCK we have inventory spots taken up by item we don't even have?!

Why do I have to cycle through a bunch of empty shit to get to the stuff I actually have?

It is retarded. And I just tanked a really good run because of it. Damn it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone please explain to me why THE FUCK we have inventory spots taken up by item we don't even have?!

Why do I have to cycle through a bunch of empty shit to get to the stuff I actually have?

It is retarded. And I just tanked a really good run because of it. Damn it.

What empty stuff?

Evolved1

What empty stuff?

I'm in mercs... I have two things: a first aid spray and a flash grenade. Yet, when I bring up my items I have to cycle through the spaces for: remote bomb, incendiary grenade, frag grenade, etc... all stuff that I don't even have on my character. But the spaces are still there, and I have to cycle through them to get to stuff I actually have.

I think it is just exceedingly retarded.

Is it my fault for fumbling? Yeah okay I fumbled with it in a hectic situation... but wouldn't it just be better to not have that shit in the inventory if I don't actually have it on my character at the time?

They should add all the weapons in the game to the weapons menu... so you have to flip through all the empty places to get to the weapons you actually have. It would make as much sense.

lol

I used a jtag xbox to mod this (memory editing to be specific). The different loadouts was actually a side effect of how I accessed the characters. The quickest way I found to access the characters was to select one character, and then force the game to load another character while the game was loading. That meant I got the characters with the wrong loadouts. I was lucky I got the game several days before the release date (I had ordered two copies from 2 different stores in case they would send it before the release date... turned out they both did!), and since I had experience modding the demos, I was able to make this mod the same day I got the game.

I'm not sure if you could call this on-disc DLC since it is unlocked without paying any money. But it does feel like Capcom tried to have DLC development similar to games with on-disc DLC, but also tried to avoid the kind of spectacle they got with SFxT. All the DLC stages was completed by launch, but taken off the disc so people wouldn't complain about it. It's a similar deal with the costumes, no hope difficulty, and agent. Those were completely on the disc, but they're unlocked for free, so they're not DLC. The only "true" DLC we've gotten with the game are the versus modes. Those were not finished by the time the game was finished.
Ah so that's how you mod the game. Isn't it illegal or something? Is it possible to do it on PlayStation 3? Lucky you got the game early, how many day early did you get it?

Fair enough for retro costumes as they are free but for No Hope Difficulty and Agent character, they were already on the disc but made available publicly later by software update. I remember reading news about this was because of "technical difficulty" statement by Capcom. But in your YouTube videos, you was able to play Agent character without any problem. I assume it is complete. Why did they make it available later? What was incomplete about it? I'd say poor standard practice by Capcom. If it not complete then they should not complete it later by software update when parts of it is are on disc.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in mercs... I have two things: a first aid spray and a flash grenade. Yet, when I bring up my items I have to cycle through the spaces for: remote bomb, incendiary grenade, frag grenade, etc... all stuff that I don't even have on my character. But the spaces are still there, and I have to cycle through them to get to stuff I actually have.

I think it is just exceedingly retarded.

Is it my fault for fumbling? Yeah okay I fumbled with it in a hectic situation... but wouldn't it just be better to not have that shit in the inventory if I don't actually have it on my character at the time?

They should add all the weapons in the game to the weapons menu... so you have to flip through all the empty places to get to the weapons you actually have. It would make as much sense.

lol

Ohh I see what you're saying. I never noticed that, but I guess it's maybe to show you how many empty slots you have in your inventory? I can see how that would be annoying though...

Sectus

Ah so that's how you mod the game. Isn't it illegal or something? Is it possible to do it on PlayStation 3? Lucky you got the game early, how many day early did you get it?

Fair enough for retro costumes as they are free but for No Hope Difficulty and Agent character, they were already on the disc but made available publicly later by software update. I remember reading news about this was because of "technical difficulty" statement by Capcom. But in your YouTube videos, you was able to play Agent character without any problem. I assume it is complete. Why did they make it available later? What was incomplete about it? I'd say poor standard practice by Capcom. If it not complete then they should not complete it later by software update when parts of it is are on disc.

I'm not knowledgeable at all about legal stuff but I imagine that many games have a license agreement where it's mentioned you're not allowed to do reverse engineering, but it seems most publishers and developers are okay with people modding their games anyway. Capcom has been positive regarding some modding in the past, so I don't think they mind.

I know there are modded PS3s out there, but I have no idea how feasible it is to mod RE6 there.

I have absolutely no idea why agent or the other content wasn't available right away, or if they were unfinished in any way. From the little I played with them, that content seemed done. I think the only really annoying thing are the DLC stages, because everything points to them being finished by the time the game launched and it seemed just pure greed to keep them away. RE5 had 8 mercs maps, and RE6 shipping with 3 mercs maps was a bad idea. The game could have shipped with 10 mercs maps, and that would have been much better. Might have helped a bit with reviews too.

The day I got the game is the same day I uploaded that costumes video. So 3 days before launch I think.

Evolved1

I have so much buyers remorse for Chris' EX3.

Shoulda went with Leon or Jake. :(

maomaoIYP

Sectus, what is the condition for unlocking the hidden boss in Requiem? Isn't it supposed to be kill 70? I've done it a few times now, with a full combo and all but no Gnezdo.

Evolved1

Alternate Chris is a great character to use man. I took Sherry EX3, it looks silly but also kind of cute.

Here's my reasoning: alternate Chris' other costumes are already my favorite. I use samurai Chris the most.

So I should have chosen someone who's alternate loadout I like, but whose costume I do not. Like Leon or Jake.

I love Leon's bayonet but really don't like pirate costume. Nor do I like Jake's puffy coat, but would like to use the knife in his kit.

Feels bad man.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my reasoning: alternate Chris' other costumes are already my favorite. I use samurai Chris the most.

So I should have chosen someone who's alternate loadout I like, but whose costume I do not. Like Leon or Jake.

I love Leon's bayonet but really don't like pirate costume. Nor do I like Jake's puffy coat, but would like to use the knife in his kit.

Feels bad man.

You'll get another chance to get more tickets.

Do you guys think we will be getting more DLC in the future? Costumes, characters, story, maps, modes, weapons? I only count the modes and maps as DLC since they charged for them. EX2 and EX3... eh, just a gimmick to get people interested in Re.net... though I wonder if they will add EX4 or other ingame stuff in the future. Possibility for Revelations characters to RE6?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I had my cast taken off yesterday and got a splint for my left hand, so I tried playing some Sherry mercs just now on High Seas. Got a score of 76,720 lol. So bad. I have to say the new camera is seriously messing with my aim.
and also I'm extremely rusty

Edit: Chris on Urban Chaos gave me 103,120. Improvement! Still shitty though lol. I miss the days of 150 combos...

Nori Chan

Do you guys think we will be getting more DLC in the future? Costumes, characters, story, maps, modes, weapons? I only count the modes and maps as DLC since they charged for them. EX2 and EX3... eh, just a gimmick to get people interested in Re.net... though I wonder if they will add EX4 or other ingame stuff in the future. Possibility for Revelations characters to RE6?
I'd buy a costume pack

Mercenaries is such a good way to have all or most of the existing characters in each game regardless of if they're chosen to be part of the story. Having Jill or Claire or Barry et al in RE6 mercs would be great. And easy money.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Mercenaries is such a good way to have all or most of the existing characters in each game regardless of if they're chosen to be part of the story. Having Jill or Claire or Barry et al in RE6 mercs would be great. And easy money.

As long as it's Julia Voth Jill and not Monster From The Deep Jill.

Krelian

Mercenaries is fun. But only three maps is a major disappointment. I don't want to spend money for additional maps. It also seems not all of the maps are available for PS3 yet (Europe). Is that correct? Xbox version has a couple individual maps for sale as far as I can see.

Just played a random duo game on Urban Chaos. I was Leon. Partner was Ada with Power Counter. I always use pharmacist (I REGRET NOTHING!). Anyways, every user that I've encountered that has PC always wants to save the napad for the last kill... which I'm always reluctant to do cause I don't care to get the highest score possible. Mind you, I joined a PFF room... but I was like fine, whatever. I babysat the napad the entire match, and I did a pretty good job. Kept my distance and was doing a few counters... default Leon isnt a very good character for that imo he mostly requires set ups for it, so I mostly kept doing CDGs. We had around 12 minutes on the clock when we reached 149 and we killed it and got 1297746. Could've reached 1.3 if we had bothered getting the time combos though but of course I forgot them. Only got knocked down 2 times by the napad, never got grabbed by a zombie either. Partner and I kept our distance until the end so it didnt get too chaotic. Twas a good experience.

/rant

Mercenaries is fun. But only three maps is a major disappointment. I don't want to spend money for additional maps. It also seems not all of the maps are available for PS3 yet (Europe). Is that correct? Xbox version has a couple individual maps for sale as far as I can see.

All the maps are out. 3 individual: Rail yard, High seas fortress, Catacombs. Then there's two packs as well. Map pack A: Requiem for War and Liquid Fire. Map pack B: Rooftop and Creature Workshop. They're all pretty cheap. I think someone who looked at the files of the game said there would be a map bundle eventually.

Can't promise anything but I think I still might have a code for the catacombs if you want it (European PS3 code)

Sectus

All the maps are out. 3 individual: Rail yard, High seas fortress, Catacombs. Then there's two packs as well. Map pack A: Requiem for War and Liquid Fire. Map pack B: Rooftop and Creature Workshop. They're all pretty cheap. I think someone who looked at the files of the game said there would be a map bundle eventually.

Can't promise anything but I think I still might have a code for the catacombs if you want it (European PS3 code)

That someone would be me. There is indeed a mention of a map bundle, but then again, there's also mentions of individual DLC downloads of Urban Chaos, Steel Beast and Mining the Depths, and mentions of no hope and ada coop DLC. So the list wasn't something Capcom followed to the letter (although the list was right about some stuff, like siege mode dlc and map pack A and B).

Evolved1

You'll get another chance to get more tickets.

I think it'll be a while... I have a feeling this new event, we won't get it done. It's kind of a ridiculous goal. I don't think the average RE6 player on PS3 is going to go through the trouble. It's not like you just have to kill a zombie, you actually have to play that level over and over.

I think it'll be a while... I have a feeling this new event, we won't get it done. It's kind of a ridiculous goal. I don't think the average RE6 player on PS3 is going to go through the trouble. It's not like you just have to kill a zombie, you actually have to play that level over and over.

Two days in and PS3 players have already done half. No idea how xbox side is doing though since someone hacked their goal.

Sectus

So I need to grind XP to upgrade my skills, what's the best way?

Seems like people are doing 1 of 2 things. Either play mercenaries (you have to be good at it though. with high combos you'll be getting a ton of 3,000 skill point drops). Or farm a specific level for skill points in the story mode. I don't know which level is best.

YoungOne

So I need to grind XP to upgrade my skills, what's the best way?
Like Sectus said Mercernaries is a good mode. Leon chapter 2 infront of the chapel is a good spot to farm aswell since the enemies infinitely respawn so you can stay there and grind as much as you want. Just make sure you equip increase drop rate to collect more points if doing the leon chapter 2 method.

How do you use commands without the camera panning over to your partner?

Well, if you issue the commands while doing a stunt or sliding I think the camera doesn't move.

By the way, kind of a noob question, but does someone know how to earn tickets in RE-NET for unlocking the ex3 costumes?

I'm already playing the online events, but I don't have earn other thing than RE points.

Nemesis_

The next EX3 opportunity is already under way.

hl9umjr.png

Top Bottom