• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

What does that do?

As far as I know. They have unlimited ammunition, infinite physical combat gauge etc. They are practically invincible.

The skill is called Training Skill. It is not something you can unlock in the game with your Skill Points.

I am guessing the person I played with has problem some kind of custom firmware console or maybe his game disc is modified or something.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
As far as I know. They have unlimited ammunition, infinite physical combat gauge etc. They are practically invincible.

The skill is called Training Skill. It is not something you can unlock in the game with your Skill Points.

I am guessing the person I played with has problem some kind of custom firmware console or maybe his game disc is modified or something.
Wow that's pretty crazy lol. The only thing that sounds interesting is the infinite combat gauge. Spamming quick shots without having to worry about it sounds awesome. The infinite ammo doesn't sound that great imo, with the exception for the magnums and grenade launcher.

I swear, people will do anything to cheat!

Sectus

Recently I played with someone who have Training Skill on The Mercenaries. This was on PlayStation 3. How was this possible? Perhaps the person has a custom firmware PlayStation 3?

It's something you can do by editing the savegame. As far as I know, it's possible on all 3 platforms. It's weird how Capcom never fixed this; the exploit was discovered within one or two weeks after the game was released.

Is Mercenaries still a ghost town on PC? I haven't played the damn game on PC in like 9 months LOL.

Last time I checked (many months ago), it was even hard to find people to play with on the xbox 360, so I'm not surprised PC version is already a ghost town. I think the download region "bug" really hurt the player base.

I personally just play with friends anyway.

So I just finished Leon's campaign yesterday and I'm a littler confused about something.

I guess this is a spoiler ?
At the beginning of Leon's campaign you have to escape from the city being overrun by zombies... hopping over heaps of cars, into a helicopter and the guy who rescues you ends up turning into a zombie and the helicopter ends up crashing through the building and you enter this giant empty base and they say something like "Something doesn't feel right"... and then this exact same scenario happens again at the beginning of chapter five... in a completely different country but the SAME DAMN THING HAPPENS!

Were they just really damn lazy or is there some sort of story explanation for this in Ada's campaign (I can't imagine who else..) or was the scene at the start actually taking place later in the game and I just forgot?

Or maybe I just have wicked deja vu

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OH OH. That part. That part is attached to the "Prologue"/introduction sequence with Leon and Helena. It's more a "flash forward" than anything. Kinda similar to Battlefield 3's first "mission" opening and dovetailing back into a later part of the game. It has nothing to do with
Tall Oaks.
Because
it's still in China

Riposte

So I just finished Leon's campaign yesterday and I'm a littler confused about something.

I guess this is a spoiler ?
At the beginning of Leon's campaign you have to escape from the city being overrun by zombies... hopping over heaps of cars, into a helicopter and the guy who rescues you ends up turning into a zombie and the helicopter ends up crashing through the building and you enter this giant empty base and they say something like "Something doesn't feel right"... and then this exact same scenario happens again at the beginning of chapter five... in a completely different country but the SAME DAMN THING HAPPENS!

Were they just really damn lazy or is there some sort of story explanation for this in Ada's campaign (I can't imagine who else..) or was the scene at the start actually taking place later in the game and I just forgot?

Or maybe I just have wicked deja vu

What you are talking about is the "prologue" chapter, not Leon's campaign. And
It is the same happening. The prologue is a "flash-forward" type of a deal, where you eventually return to that point.

OH OH. That part. That part is attached to the "Prologue"/introduction sequence with Leon and Helena. It's more a "flash forward" than anything. Kinda similar to Battlefield 3's first "mission" opening and dovetailing back into a later part of the game. It has nothing to do with
Tall Oaks.
Because
it's still in China

What you are talking about is the "prologue" chapter, not Leon's campaign. And
It is the same happening. The prologue is a "flash-forward" type of a deal, where you eventually return to that point.

HAHA ok.
That makes sense.
I guessed what confused me was how he was talking to Helena during that part (like he knew little about her)
But I guess that was to not spoil anything. I definitely remember it being the prologue now, lord!

At least I wasn't going crazy. Thank you :)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
HAHA ok.
That makes sense.
I guessed what confused me was how he was talking to Helena during that part (like he knew little about her)
But I guess that was to not spoil anything. I definitely remember it being the prologue now, lord!

At least I wasn't going crazy. Thank you :)

Nice avatar.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Unfortunately, yes. Recently I wanted to play a match or two and after waiting for quite some time I just gave up and played solo. I think it's stupid on Capcom's part that they released Revelations so quickly after RE6 on PC because the (already very small) fanbase moved to that game.

Last time I checked (many months ago), it was even hard to find people to play with on the xbox 360, so I'm not surprised PC version is already a ghost town. I think the download region "bug" really hurt the player base.

Attention Sectus and Mr_Zombie:

I have a suspicious feeling that the reason those of us playing the PC version have a hard time finding a game, could be due to the same region locking issue GRID 2 suffers from. If that is the case, it behooves you guys to go and read this thread:

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...-find-games/m-p/290142/highlight/false#M16882

I wonder if changing it to Japan would resolve the issue?

Sectus

Attention Sectus and Mr_Zombie:

I have a suspicious feeling that the reason those of us playing the PC version have a hard time finding a game, could be due to the same region locking issue GRID 2 suffers from. If that is the case, it behooves you guys to go and read this thread:

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...-find-games/m-p/290142/highlight/false#M16882

I wonder if changing it to Japan would resolve the issue?

This was a bug (or bad feature) which was fixed in a patch. Download region shouldn't affect anything when you choose "worldwide" as region ingame.

MrDaravon

I beat Leon's campaign, and I'm in Chapter 2 of Chris' but not sure I'm going to keep going. I feel Chris' campaign is probably more honest in terms of just being a straight-up shooter, but I seem to keep running into situations (much moreso with Chris than Leon) where I'm not also 100% sure what the game specifically wants me to do, so I run around killing people and using up too many resources. For example, I just did the part where
you have to cover Finn while he plants bombs on all of the AA guns, but I was never clear on how much I actually needed to be hurting the giant B.O.W. (if at all even), and then enemies respawn forever so I kept taking hits from the sides and things like that. It also doesn't help when the AI companion keeps getting stuck on stuff; took me forever to clear the bridge section because he wouldn't go down to the ladder I knocked down for a long time so people kept respawning, and just now when you use the underground tunnel in the AA gun section he just decided to stick to a wall down there so I had to do the whole part after that without him.
A lot of it is stuff where on a second play or in hindsight would probably not be that bad, but it's very frustrating on a first playthrough. I also didn't realize how fucked the save system was; hit a checkpoint last night, got off but didn't realize that doesn't actually save the game, so when I booted it up tonight I had to replay about 20 minutes so that was awesome.

Sectus

I beat Leon's campaign, and I'm in Chapter 2 of Chris' but not sure I'm going to keep going. I feel Chris' campaign is probably more honest in terms of just being a straight-up shooter, but I seem to keep running into situations (much moreso with Chris than Leon) where I'm not also 100% sure what the game specifically wants me to do, so I run around killing people and using up too many resources. For example, I just did the part where
you have to cover Finn while he plants bombs on all of the AA guns, but I was never clear on how much I actually needed to be hurting the giant B.O.W. (if at all even), and then enemies respawn forever so I kept taking hits from the sides and things like that. It also doesn't help when the AI companion keeps getting stuck on stuff; took me forever to clear the bridge section because he wouldn't go down to the ladder I knocked down for a long time so people kept respawning, and just now when you use the underground tunnel in the AA gun section he just decided to stick to a wall down there so I had to do the whole part after that without him.
A lot of it is stuff where on a second play or in hindsight would probably not be that bad, but it's very frustrating on a first playthrough. I also didn't realize how fucked the save system was; hit a checkpoint last night, got off but didn't realize that doesn't actually save the game, so when I booted it up tonight I had to replay about 20 minutes so that was awesome.

If you haven't tried it already, I would recommend giving mercenaries mode a go. It's a good place to practice the mechanics of the game, and personally I find it more fun than the main game anyway.

You really shouldn't be running into big ammo problems this early in Chris campaign.

MrDaravon

If you haven't tried it already, I would recommend giving mercenaries mode a go. It's a good place to practice the mechanics of the game, and personally I find it more fun than the main game anyway.

You really shouldn't be running into big ammo problems this early in Chris campaign.

I didn't have any problems in Chapter 1, so I dunno if it's just this Chapter or what, I just seem to have problems with knowing what the game wants me to do sometimes, so I wind up spending too much time killing enemies that infinitely respawn (which is a huge pet peeve of mine to begin with). I also couldn't tell if the game wanted me to be hurting the big guy and doing the whole animation on his back or not, I did it a few times but I have no idea if it was necessary or not. To put it another way, I think the game does a poor job of providing feedback. I have the same complaint with some of the non-human enemies where I can't tell what their weak spot is, if any (like the flying moth people or whatever in Chapter 1). It's usually not a huge issue since the game throws so much ammo at you, but in this part in Chapter 2 I seriously killed like 50 people or more because they kept coming and I was trying to figure out what to do, while my AI indicator was stuck underground. Annoying.

Edit: Okay, I've been doing the last part of this fight with him (where you have to pull the thing out) for about....30 minutes. I'm constantly out of ammo (I'm melee killing the respawning people for ammo), and every time I get on his back it is apparently literally impossible to beat the QTE; I am going fucking apeshit using both sticks with the QTE assist thing on and the bar moves faster than I can, and I have not had the slightest bit of difficulty with any QTE to this point. My AI guy is still stuck underground.

Either I am a complete and total idiot, or this shit is broken.

Edit 2: Okay, I think my AI dude being stuck down there is breaking it, I just watched a youtube video of this on No Survivor and the QTE pointer is only moving at like, half the speed mine is lol. Gonna restart and try again -_-

Edit 3: Yup, that was the problem. Just ran through again totally fine (since I knew where all the bullshit enemy infinite respawns were) except for the part where the boss instakilled me when I had full health with a car or something? I had gotten up on one of the turrets and I something big hit me from the side, and I straight up just died. Had full health too. This fucking game.

I didn't have any problems in Chapter 1, so I dunno if it's just this Chapter or what, I just seem to have problems with knowing what the game wants me to do sometimes, so I wind up spending too much time killing enemies that infinitely respawn (which is a huge pet peeve of mine to begin with). I also couldn't tell if the game wanted me to be hurting the big guy and doing the whole animation on his back or not, I did it a few times but I have no idea if it was necessary or not. To put it another way, I think the game does a poor job of providing feedback. I have the same complaint with some of the non-human enemies where I can't tell what their weak spot is, if any (like the flying moth people or whatever in Chapter 1). It's usually not a huge issue since the game throws so much ammo at you, but in this part in Chapter 2 I seriously killed like 50 people or more because they kept coming and I was trying to figure out what to do, while my AI indicator was stuck underground. Annoying.

Edit: Okay, I've been doing the last part of this fight with him (where you have to pull the thing out) for about....30 minutes. I'm constantly out of ammo (I'm melee killing the respawning people for ammo), and every time I get on his back it is apparently literally impossible to beat the QTE; I am going fucking apeshit using both sticks with the QTE assist thing on and the bar moves faster than I can, and I have not had the slightest bit of difficulty with any QTE to this point. My AI guy is still stuck underground.

Edit 3: Yup, that was the problem. Just ran through again totally fine (since I knew where all the bullshit enemy infinite respawns were) except for the part where the boss instakilled me when I had full health with a car or something? I had gotten up on one of the turrets and I something big hit me from the side, and I straight up just died. Had full health too. This fucking game.

I had a hard time with the QTE, too. Took me like 5 tries.
Anyway, at that part I just let
Jake, Sherry and Piers
fire at the Ogroman for the most part until Finn was done destroying all the guns. I just kept things away from him.
I don't believe you actually have to deal with them until he has destroyed them all, at which point the game won't let you progress until you do.
(In fact I don't really recall destroying the first one at all lol.)

Either way I'm really not enjoying Chris' campaign as much as I did Leon's. It's like all the worst parts from RE5.

MrDaravon

I had a hard time with the QTE, too. Took me like 5 tries.
Anyway, at that part I just let
Jake, Sherry and Piers
fire at the Ogroman for the most part until Finn was done destroying all the guns. I just kept things away from him.
I don't believe you actually have to deal with them until he has destroyed them all, at which point the game won't let you progress until you do.
(In fact I don't really recall destroying the first one at all lol.)

Either way I'm really not enjoying Chris' campaign as much as I did Leon's. It's like all the worst parts from RE5.

Yeah, just had a total blast at the end of Chapter 2 where my entire AI squad is literally running circles around the enemies not doing anything, and I couldn't get Piers to open a door with me because someone was standing in the way and wouldn't move. In general the AI in this game is total garbage. I'm mostly just not really having fun, the combat would be a lot better but I feel that most enemies give you zero feedback. Like the two enemy types you fight at the end of chapter 2; on the walking ones after you knock their shell off no matter what I was shooting at them I wasn't getting any sort of visual feedback on where I should be aiming, if they were just shrugging off the shots or what. And on the crawling enemies (which also fire super quick shots that I don't see most of the time that knock you completely down which is SUPER FUN) I still have no idea where you aim on them or what the trick is to them. I tried grenades but both times my AI ran in front of me and knocked the greandes back in my face which was hilarious. None of this is actually getting me killed (I've only died twice in both campaigns I've played) but it's just making the entire game feel like a slog.

I had a pretty alright time with Leon's campaign, but Chris' has just been dogshit through and through. If it doesn't pick up in Chapter 3 I'm either done, or I'm just dropping it to Easy and running through the rest of the scenarios, the only reason I've even played as much as I have is out of misguided loyalty to the franchise. The combat is good, but not the best and I'd rather go back and play Vanquish or something else than this (at least for Campaign, I'm sure Mercenaries is better).

Yeah, just had a total blast at the end of Chapter 2 where my entire AI squad is literally running circles around the enemies not doing anything, and I couldn't get Piers to open a door with me because someone was standing in the way and wouldn't move. In general the AI in this game is total garbage. I'm mostly just not really having fun, the combat would be a lot better but I feel that most enemies give you zero feedback. Like the two enemy types you fight at the end of chapter 2; on the walking ones after you knock their shell off no matter what I was shooting at them I wasn't getting any sort of visual feedback on where I should be aiming, if they were just shrugging off the shots or what. And on the crawling enemies (which also fire super quick shots that I don't see most of the time that knock you completely down which is SUPER FUN) I still have no idea where you aim on them or what the trick is to them. I tried grenades but both times my AI ran in front of me and knocked the greandes back in my face which was hilarious. None of this is actually getting me killed (I've only died twice in both campaigns I've played) but it's just making the entire game feel like a slog.

I had a pretty alright time with Leon's campaign, but Chris' has just been dogshit through and through. If it doesn't pick up in Chapter 3 I'm either done, or I'm just dropping it to Easy and running through the rest of the scenarios, the only reason I've even played as much as I have is out of misguided loyalty to the franchise. The combat is good, but not the best and I'd rather go back and play Vanquish or something else than this (at least for Campaign, I'm sure Mercenaries is better).

I'm on chapter 4 now, I don't really think it's gonna get much better for you, it certainly didn't for me.

So far there's been
a giant snake, a hoard of bees, three really annoying helicopter fights, a car chase that was really unneeded, way too many snipers, and I've been chasing Ada for like a chapter and a half now.
The only highlight was seeing the scene from Leon's scenario replay. Which is even worse considering Chris is my favorite character.

I'm only not giving up on this out of principle that I've got one chapter left, but I'm feeling the only other campaign I'm gonna enjoy is Ada's since I heard it's like Leon's.

Mr_Zombie

I'm only not giving up on this out of principle that I've got one chapter left, but I'm feeling the only other campaign I'm gonna enjoy is Ada's since I heard it's like Leon's.

I think you're going to be dissapointed then. There's some stealth, some action sequences and shootouts with J'avo (especially if you fuck up stealth sections), a lot of QTE (instant kill ones included) and (frustraiting) timed sequences. And if you finished Leon's campaign you know what Ada was doing for the most part of that chapter. Ada's campaign is a mix between Leon's, Jake's and Chris's campaigns.

Sectus

I still recommend checking out mercenaries. The core combat in RE6 is really fun to play around with, and mercenaries is nothing but combat; no scripted stuff at all. It also helps a lot to teach you to do the campaign more effectively. Stuff like infinitely spawning enemies should net you positive ammo, not negative, if you fight them correctly. Although AI completely breaking definitely sounds annoying. I haven't had that happen to me, but I would be frustrated too.

Arkanius

I known everyone loves the game to shreds in this thread but I can't really not ask this question:

Is it worth a play?
I'm a Resident Evil fan every since 1. I've grown very VERY displeased with the series, gameplay and story,after Resident Evil 5 (What the heck was that game?)

Resident Evil Revelations was good in my opinion, it felt like a mix of what it should be and what RE4 brought.
I tried the RE6 demo on Xbox360 and I hated it, it felt very clunky. But most of the demo's suck nowadays, I swear Capcom doesn't know how to make them.

Should I give it an honest try?

EDIT:

How are the PC controls?
I hate not having pinpoint accuracy like Dead Space games. Revelations for example seemed to add virtual lag to the aiming to simulate the Joysticks on the Console controlers

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just got it for PC and earned my access to the main menus by finishing that intro, lol.

Is this "auto action button" only for shit like doors, or will it automatically fulfill QTEs? If the latter, that makes me so happy, because I fucking hate seeing shit pop up on the screen then have to take a second to see whatever dumb gesture or minigame they want me to play. It totally takes me out of the game.

Mr_Zombie

I known everyone loves the game to shreds in this thread but I can't really not ask this question:

Is it worth a play?
I'm a Resident Evil fan every since 1. I've grown very VERY displeased with the series, gameplay and story,after Resident Evil 5 (What the heck was that game?)

Resident Evil Revelations was good in my opinion, it felt like a mix of what it should be and what RE4 brought.
I tried the RE6 demo on Xbox360 and I hated it, it felt very clunky. But most of the demo's suck nowadays, I swear Capcom doesn't know how to make them.

Should I give it an honest try?

EDIT:

How are the PC controls?
I hate not having pinpoint accuracy like Dead Space games. Revelations for example seemed to add virtual lag to the aiming to simulate the Joysticks on the Console controlers

To be honest with you, if you hated RE5 I doubt you will like RE6, becauce this game is even more action focused, and the story itself is rather weak. It has some cool horror-like moments (parts of Leon's scenario is like being in Raccoon City right in the middle of the outbreak - chaos everywhere, people struggling to survive or turning into zombies right in front of you etc.), but for the most part the game is like the last few chapters of RE5 with Majinis armed with guns. Only better, due to better enemies (j'avo with their random mutations) and more versatile movesets.

The demo is pretty chaotic, because it doesn't teach you controls (not that the full game is any better at this) and doesn't give you enough time to master them. I hated the demo, but ended up liking the full game. Not to mention, full game recived few improvements via patches (easier qte and better fov among other things).

Controls on PC are fantastic. No lag or anything like that, you can have pinpoint accuracy.

Arkanius

To be honest with you, if you hated RE5 I doubt you will like RE6, becauce this game is even more action focused, and the story itself is rather weak. It has some cool horror-like moments (parts of Leon's scenario is like being in Raccoon City right in the middle of the outbreak - chaos everywhere, people struggling to survive or turning into zombies right in front of you etc.), but for the most part the game is like the last few chapters of RE5 with Majinis armed with guns. Only better, due to better enemies (j'avo with their random mutations) and more versatile movesets.

The demo is pretty chaotic, because it doesn't teach you controls (not that the full game is any better at this) and doesn't give you enough time to master them. I hated the demo, but ended up liking the full game. Not to mention, full game recived few improvements via patches (easier qte and better fov among other things).

Controls on PC are fantastic. No lag or anything like that, you can have pinpoint accuracy

I might enjoy it then for what it is, and not for what it should be.
I'll probably get it on the Steam Summer sale (Whenever that starts)

HeelPower

Ada 1: 4/5 would've been a 5/5 if it wasn't for that stupid stealth section.
Ada 2: 3/5 It's a little better than Leon's section simply because it breaks Leon Chapter 2 down to a nice bite-size chunk so it doesn't drag. Plus it reveals
Ada's dopplerganger is Simmons and not really Ada so the Ada that dies in Chris' campaign is actually Ada/"Simmons"/Dopplerganger.
Should've known from the way
they dress
but yeah.
Ada 3: 4/5-ish. I didn't really like the Chainsaw redux, mostly because it wasn't as threatening as Bio4-5's one is. You can just slide past it in general for no damage. However the death scenes with Ada in first person is pretty brutal. Only died due to zombies on the ground tripping me up so I got hit and dying/death.
Ada 4: 2/5 It's interesting in seeing Ada avoid Chris and Pieres and see them clearing out enemies (even if just as AI)
Ada 5: 5/5 Easily the highlight of the game for me if you get intersected into other peoples (read: Leon, Jake)'s games. The final battle of the game easily becomes epic when you're helping Leon out plus you learn where the weapon Leon gets in his final battle comes from.

Over all though:

F+/D- and that's being kind. The story is a mess (and you find out the true purpose only though playing Ada's campaign), Chris' campaign is just bad and could've been excised with no huge loss outside of the Leon vs Chris bit that the announcement trailer made more epic than it was. The new mechanics... I'm not feeling. They aren't bad per say but they aren't explained and the melee gauge constantly running out because you're going to be using quickshot and melees constantly to defeat enemies is rather... pointless. Add in that Capcom NEVER explains the mechanics outside of loading screen tips that either aren't going to last long or don't explain them too deeply and yeah...

I also don't like that you aren't swimming in herbs on higher difficulties given the chance of catching stray bullets, falling down/rolling while still eating bullets and trying to get up only because you're eating bullets you get knocked back down. Similar to Lost Planet's "roll is I-framed so even if you're shooting me bang-on with a shotgun, you don't hit me. TROLLOLOLOLOL" bullshit.

Ada's campaign is the highlight of the game for me, double-so because I did it by myself with the exception of the intersections which made it more fun. The co-op really should've been drop-in/out of the entire game. Solo makes the game more fun, I feel. I really hope for the next Biohazard they go back to strictly single-player and have multiplayer as a side-addition that doesn't hinder the game.

And for the next one I hope they go back to urban environments and labs. The ship wasn't bad but good lord the catacombs was boring as hell and dragged. Let's not mention that Edonia wasn't that interesting. We're in China for about... 2-5 gameplay hours and then a slog for most everything else. And I still don't get the point of Twin Oaks/US's bioterrorist attack outside of
killing the president to protect the "family"
which speaking of: is never explained. Maybe it's explained in the files, but really Capcom should go back to the old style (read: Bio1-3) file/memo collecting format in that they're in the game and you can find them. None of this stupid emblem bullshit that is only there for the sake of having a collection trophy/achievement.

Now I gotta grind skill points in merc for infinite ammo and go through the game on Pro since I just finished in Vet and got Easy/Normal/Vet achievements in one go.

Same exact opinion...This game should have just been Ada's game and her campaign is the best one without question...The rest were sometimes a pain to get through. THe story is probably the worst story in all RE history..damn capcom.

Arkanius

So I got the game
I hate the mechanics, because nothing is explained at all, and it feels like a 90's game, full of invencibility frames and split second counters.

But I think I'm getting the hang of the quick shot mechanics.

In Leon's campaign, Dual Wield + Quick Shot + Kick is very very powerful. Feels unbalanced.

I stand to think that Capcom makes Mercenaries mode first and the campaign second.

Arkanius

Just finished Leon's campaign:

Now that I finally got the hang of the controls, I don't feel like a stupid drone anymore and it gives me the advantage in the battlefield. I think I finally got the hang of melee attacks, quick shots and the cover system.

The story was "ok", all those underground chapters were horrible and the story was nothing to praise by, it's not Resident Evil anymore, I think I'm going to start calling it by the Japanese name, BioHazard, it feels more a fitting name for the more Actiony state of affairs.

I just finished the first chapter of Chris campaign and I... LOVED IT
Mainly because all the enemies were easy as heck due Quickshot and Boulder Punch from Chris. It was a nice mixing of shooting and zombies, let's hope I continue to enjoy it. I prefer slower paces though,

All in all, I think this game suffers alot from Capcoms inability to EXPLAIN how it works.
Automix? Evades? Quick-Shot chaining?

What were you thinking Capcom?

Anyway, HUGE HUGE improvement over RE5.
I wish RE4 was remixed with these controls.

cantona222

I started playing Chris' campaign on the X360. I am on the second chapter. Sorry, but the game feels very cheap. I cannot believe that Capcom can sell such game. I feels rushed and unfinished. Also the only thing that feels it is an RE game is mixing Green and Red herbs.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Alright guys so what DLC modes are good?

I have only bought Predator and Onslaught and between the two, I would pick Onslaught. It gets really intense sending enemies back and forth. The problem is that it's kind of hard to find games for it. At least on the PS3 side of things.

Sectus

Alright guys so what DLC modes are good?

To be honest, I'd only recommend them if you have a group of friends to play with. I think it's difficult to find randoms to play with now, and the modes are most fun to play with friends anyway.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend buying all the mercs maps.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I started a new co-op playthrough with my roommate over the weekend and I'm falling in love with the game all over again. It took him a while to get acclimated to all the new moves and I spent a while just walking him through all the controls, but once he got the hang of it the game started getting really fun. I'm surprised at how much he's enjoying it actually, considering he has never really been a RE fan.

I think the more recent RE games have really hit on something with the co-op mode. I remember my GF back in college used to love playing RE5 with me, even though she sucked at it. Something about the way Capcom integrates co-op into the campaign is pretty fun.

MrDaravon

Why are the actual saves (not checkpoints) so incredibly fucking terrible in this game? I lost ~20 minutes when I hit a checkpoint and had to turn the system off, only to find out that wasn't a save point. Retarded, but whatever. Then on Friday something came up and I had to turn the system off after ~20 minutes (including a full boss battle!) in Chris Chapter 3 only to find out it never actually had a save point in there, even after a multi-tier boss fight. What fucking dogshit. And once again, I am holding B to open a door, my AI companion literally can't get to me because he is stuck on another AI in an environment that at no point ever has enemies in it. And this has happened to me frequently both in Leon's Campaign and Chris'. I feel like I got ripped off, and I got this game for free.

The patch allowing you to adjust the FOV makes the game playable, and the core combat is totally fine once you look up online how to do it since the game never tells you, but literally every other thing about this game is total dogshit. I only didn't drop it immediately because it's RE, but a campaign and a half in I can't do this anymore, I'm done.

Did I dream or did I read a couple of weeks ago that we were getting a "complete edition" of RE6 this fall, with every DLC and patch on-disc ? I'm waiting for this before buying the game.

Manu

Why are the actual saves (not checkpoints) so incredibly fucking terrible in this game? I lost ~20 minutes when I hit a checkpoint and had to turn the system off, only to find out that wasn't a save point. Retarded, but whatever. Then on Friday something came up and I had to turn the system off after ~20 minutes (including a full boss battle!) in Chris Chapter 3 only to find out it never actually had a save point in there, even after a multi-tier boss fight. What fucking dogshit.

It took me losing a bit of progress ONCE to figure out you can only quit the game when it says "saving". I don't get people who get angry because it happens to them all the time.

Sectus

Why are the actual saves (not checkpoints) so incredibly fucking terrible in this game? I lost ~20 minutes when I hit a checkpoint and had to turn the system off, only to find out that wasn't a save point. Retarded, but whatever. Then on Friday something came up and I had to turn the system off after ~20 minutes (including a full boss battle!) in Chris Chapter 3 only to find out it never actually had a save point in there, even after a multi-tier boss fight. What fucking dogshit. And once again, I am holding B to open a door, my AI companion literally can't get to me because he is stuck on another AI in an environment that at no point ever has enemies in it. And this has happened to me frequently both in Leon's Campaign and Chris'. I feel like I got ripped off, and I got this game for free.

The patch allowing you to adjust the FOV makes the game playable, and the core combat is totally fine once you look up online how to do it since the game never tells you, but literally every other thing about this game is total dogshit. I only didn't drop it immediately because it's RE, but a campaign and a half in I can't do this anymore, I'm done.

A late reply, but the game creates reloadable saves whenever you load a new level. Any mid-level saves only work as checkpoints for the current session.

Did I dream or did I read a couple of weeks ago that we were getting a "complete edition" of RE6 this fall, with every DLC and patch on-disc ? I'm waiting for this before buying the game.

It's been released in Japan only.

Dice

FINALLY got around to starting this.

Playing Jake's campaign as Sherry. Chapter 2 really sucked because of the low visibility, so I died a lot and now I'm running around with like 2 med tabs. I'm starting to get the hang of everything with all the new melee moves and telling him who to shoot.

I gather that parrying just gives you a nice opening for a melee attack? So does my stun baton, which I figure I should be using more often. A little of that, a little dodge roll, I should be kicking a lot of ass when there are a lot of dudes.

Also I got like 40,000 points on the website because some event is going on. The text was Japanese so I suppose it's an event in Japan. Translator said something about strongest damage tournament. The unlockables section on the site said something about getting tickets for participating in events, so any ideas?

Manu

Whenever tickets are in play, the event will say "EX2 Unlock Event" on the website. Usually the EX2 events are easier in that even if there's a winner, everyone gets a ticket for participating if the main goal is met. The EX2 tickets are used to buy the retro costumes.

Dice

Yo dawg it's really hard to keep a decent combo going in mercs mode until they are just swarming you.

I started a new co-op playthrough with my roommate over the weekend and I'm falling in love with the game all over again. It took him a while to get acclimated to all the new moves and I spent a while just walking him through all the controls, but once he got the hang of it the game started getting really fun. I'm surprised at how much he's enjoying it actually, considering he has never really been a RE fan.

I think the more recent RE games have really hit on something with the co-op mode. I remember my GF back in college used to love playing RE5 with me, even though she sucked at it. Something about the way Capcom integrates co-op into the campaign is pretty fun.

I agree completely.

I played the whole game in Co-Op with my brother and it was a lot of fun.

I have a few critiques about the game, though. I felt Capcom could have taken advantage of some moments
For example, at the beginning or end of Chris Campaign, in the bar scenes, they could have reunited the members of Stars (with Claire). Have Jill encourage this "lost" Chris into returning to their gold times, or build something around that, (cheesy as fuck, i know, but i'd have loved to have all the important characters interact)

Also playing as
Mutant Piers, was weird, but enjoyable nonetheless. I was shocked at the end of Chris' campaign because i wasn't expecting something like that...

Whatever, i don't have too much hopes for the next one, but, shame on me, i can't let this franchise go. It's been too important (been playing the games since i was 6, and now i'm almost 20) and i'm too invested in some of these characters, specially Jill Valentine...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever, i don't have too much hopes for the next one, but, shame on me, i can't let this franchise go. It's been too important (been playing the games since i was 6, and now i'm almost 20) and i'm too invested in some of these characters, specially Jill Valentine...

Tell me about it. Well, actually I do have high hopes for RE7, but I still love the entire series too much.

I still need to sit my ass down and replay REmake at some point, but it just hasn't been happening; I keep getting distracted by the other games on my plate.

Mr_Zombie

Also playing as
Mutant Piers, was weird, but enjoyable nonetheless. I was shocked at the end of Chris' campaign because i wasn't expecting something like that...

Given he's a main character in "Marhawa Desire" manga (I still have to read the whole thing) and prior to RE6 he was built up as a younger version of Chris (I still remember all those speculations that Chris will die in RE6 and Piers will took over after him) I was seriously surprised when THAT happened. Didn't expect that in the least.

To be honest, I do have high hopes for the next game. Even with all the mistakes, awful gameplay decisions, wonky encounter designs, frustrating QTE and a mishmash of genres, RE6 can still be fun to play. The core of the game is good, it's just that it needed someone who could trim all the bad stuff and work on tightening up the gameplay.

Unless they say "fuck it" and give the genre to some B-tier western developer. :|

Tell me about it. Well, actually I do have high hopes for RE7, but I still love the entire series too much.

I still need to sit my ass down and replay REmake at some point, but it just hasn't been happening; I keep getting distracted by the other games on my plate.

I wish i could replay it... but my memory still retains that game as the best RE game ever, it was graphically beautiful, gave a lot more depth to the origins of the franchise and crimson heads were the most terrifying enemies ever.

Given he's a main character in "Marhawa Desire" manga (I still have to read the whole thing) and prior to RE6 he was built up as a younger version of Chris (I still remember all those speculations that Chris will die in RE6 and Piers will took over after him) I was seriously surprised when THAT happened. Didn't expect that in the least.

To be honest, I do have high hopes for the next game. Even with all the mistakes, awful gameplay decisions, wonky encounter designs, frustrating QTE and a mishmash of genres, RE6 can still be fun to play. The core of the game is good, it's just that it needed someone who could trim all the bad stuff and work on tightening up the gameplay.

Unless they say "fuck it" and give the genre to some B-tier western developer. :|

I mean, i can always find "fun" in RE games but i think we all wanted another direction to the whole franchise, and who knows? maybe they polish and fix some mistakes for 7, throw in an interesting plot involving the characters we once love and so be it... but i guess we could probably end up liking the game for what it is, and not what it should be, as someone said before...

Also, are there rumours for a Reboot of the franchise, for PS4?

Dice

Okay, got a B on Urban Chaos. I ended up running away for 2 minutes because I got the score but was out of herbs and didn't want to risk mission failure. Major props to anyone who does that shit through those menus instead of the hotkey. I tried with Chris and holy shit his melee sucks. How do you rank high with him, use increased drops skill to keep ammo up and just headshot your way through?

Now I'm going to watch youtubes to learn the other levels before trying them.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fucking Capcom. I can't believe they didn't do a Mercs Reunion type thing for this game considering this version of Mercs is just straight out awesome. ;(

Dice

WOOOOOOOO!! Just barely got the B on Mining in the Depths knowing almost nothing about it, just by 530 points with no other enemies in sight and 3 seconds left. I suck at this so bad but I'm just unlocking characters for now so that's just wonderful.

Edit: Wow this person is basically as sloppy as me and got an S-rank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icH5iesI7eA

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Mining the Depths is such a fun map. Nothing like countering over and over to raise your initial low time limit. <3

Dice

Just read about the gun-lowering easy counter trick. That one will save a lot of trouble and also explains what I was seeing in a lot of these s-rank videos.

Top Bottom