• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Whenever tickets are in play, the event will say "EX2 Unlock Event" on the website. Usually the EX2 events are easier in that even if there's a winner, everyone gets a ticket for participating if the main goal is met. The EX2 tickets are used to buy the retro costumes.
I think you mean EX3, and it looks like there is one that starts friday!

Oh but the real question is... Chris or Ada? They obviously have the best EX3 models.

Manu

I think you mean EX3, and it looks like there is one that starts friday!

Oh but the real question is... Chris or Ada? They obviously have the best EX3 models.

Yeah, EX3. Can you tell I haven't played the game in months? :p

From those two I'd go with Chris, but Leon has the best EX3 by far.

Dice

ibxd0XIoFaEkHd.jpg
So easy when you know the counter trick. Getting EX1 costumes will be no problem. 150 combo is the actual tricky part.

Carbonox

Returned to Resident Evil 6 for the first time since last year. Had a weird urge to play through it and after the patch, I'm finding myself enjoying it way more. It's a poorly designed game but an entertaining one. Especially with an infinite ammo assault rifle now. :lol

Trophy hunting and just about finished the Platinum.

Dice

So I'm doing Leon chapter 2 runs and I'm like "Who buried all these guys with swords?"

They're Kopis, too, which doesn't make sense.

Dice

It is good, but one thing definitely is not good, and that is how the framerate when playing online right now is inconsistent no matter what you set the graphics to. It only drops to 55 but the constant fluctuation in nauseating.

Manu

Hey, I was wondering if there's a thread for general RE talk, to discuss the overall plot and characters. I tried searching but got nothing.

Carbonox

Watched Resident Evil Damnation yesterday. Actually enjoyed it. God damn Ada's design is hot. Can't believe how fucked up they made her look in Resident Evil 6. Her RE4 design was the absolute greatest.

Speaking of this film, I had a fangasm when the Tyrants were revealed. I miss these bad boys. Resident Evil games aren't the same nowadays without a Tyrant boss. Not some wannabe that may share a design or boss battle function but an actual T-whatever annihilator.

Oh wow. I bought it again....now I feel bad, lol.
Well, I'll see if the game is as bad as I remebered...:/

I enjoyed it more when I fired it up again recently than I did last year. I think the hype of a new Resident Evil suckered me in to what was a huge knock down to Earth back then. Fast forward nearly a year later and in the last week I decided to return to the game, Platinum it and I had a hell of a lot more fun with it due to the camera-changing patch.

Now I can confidently say that Resident Evil 6 is an enjoyable game. Very odd and often times horrendously designed but it's still fun.

Anyway, I bought Resident Evil Revelations for the PS3 today. On the third chapter and it's a nice change of pace from Resident Evil 6 (which I finished up completely today). Great atmosphere, soundtrack and despite the limitations in combat, plays very smoothly. Not a fan of the enemy designs but I'm now at the part before unleashing MAAAAAAAAYDAAAAAAAAY on me.

Mr_Zombie

Watched Resident Evil Damnation yesterday. Actually enjoyed it. God damn Ada's design is hot. Can't believe how fucked up they made her look in Resident Evil 6. Her RE4 design was the absolute greatest.

What? Sorry, but what you've just wrote does not compute. How can you say that THIS vvvv

design is "fucked up"?
and then prise her RE4 design, the one where she's running around rural village in a bright red night dress with a long scarf around her neck

However, I must say that after playing her campaign I just wanted her to shut the hell up. She talks way too much.

Hey, I was wondering if there's a thread for general RE talk, to discuss the overall plot and characters. I tried searching but got nothing.

There's a RE community thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449369
But it's as deserted as public online games in RE6. ;_;

Carbonox

What? Sorry, but what you've just wrote does not compute. How can you say that THIS vvvv

design is "fucked up"?
and then prise her RE4 design, the one where she's running around rural village in a bright red night dress with a long scarf around her neck

However, I must say that after playing her campaign I just wanted her to shut the hell up. She talks way too much.

Eh, I meant more along the lines of her face. Clothes-wise, she looks more practical in RE6 but her face looks like a buttered scone She looks lifeless. Resident Evil 4 Ada had this real beauty about her. Her face transitioned well enough on screen for Damnation and then somehow goes awry for RE6.

Dice

Okay this game is good but this Lonehart fellow is legitimately insane.

4XQVqxf.jpg

Those aren't kills, they are target medals from the chapter run. He has done minimum 117 runs. I'll probably only bother to keep in the top 1000.

Dice

Why does Auto-QTE not work?
There's no difference between Auto-QTE "on" and "off".
The QTEs still show up, but they always succeed. It will not automatically do counters for you, but if a zombie grabs you and you don't get the commands right, you'll still shake them off. Most of the story things will also still work. Unfortunately, this does not have an impact on, say, something catching up with you and killing you because waiting for the QTE to timeout-succeed takes too long.

Carbonox

So I played the first chapter of Leon's campaign.

I fucking loved it, what the hell?

Leon's campaign started off well (how hard is it to get Resident Evil game where we properly traverse a town/city these days) and then went downhill the most out of all of the campaigns. The underground shit was terrible and dragged on way too long. After that it's just non-stop QTE/Baysplosion boss fights.

It was fun, don't get me wrong but I think the pacing of his campaign was the worst of any of the characters. Ada's final chapter was boring and full of fixed combat situations too. Chris and Jake's campaigns ended on a higher note than theirs.

Mr_Zombie

Leon's campaign started off well (how hard is it to get Resident Evil game where we properly traverse a town/city these days) and then went downhill the most out of all of the campaigns. The underground shit was terrible and dragged on way too long. After that it's just non-stop QTE/Baysplosion boss fights.

I agree with this. Leon's first and second chapters are the strongest ones - this is what I would love to see more in future RE games. 3rd chapter really dragged (like really) and 5th one was, like you described it, "QTE/Baysplosion boss fights" (that was probably the longest boss fight I've ever seen). 4th chapter was ok, at least the airplane and marketplace parts.

What is going on? Suddenly this game is a lot of fun.
Played four chapters of Leon's campaign and I like it. Okay, the story is hilarious and the dialogue is just bad....but the gameplay is great. Imo the first three chapters are fantastic (I like the underground stuff) but as soon as they arrive in China it becomes terrible.
The same is true for the other campaigns...I hate the china-level

Dice

I just don't like the respawning snipers. It's okay to have snipers, but you have to stop everything to focus and shoot them, but then they come back after 10 seconds and it's really annoying.

Carbonox

I agree with this. Leon's first and second chapters are the strongest ones - this is what I would love to see more in future RE games. 3rd chapter really dragged (like really) and 5th one was, like you described it, "QTE/Baysplosion boss fights" (that was probably the longest boss fight I've ever seen). 4th chapter was ok, at least the airplane and marketplace parts.

Yeah I really enjoyed the airplane part. Shame it was so short but then there's not much you can do on a plane without it dragging out. Was a nice change of pace.

Honestly, my perfect Resident Evil game setting-wise would be a combination of Resident Evil 3's city and outdoors exploration and Resident Evil 2's more interesting locations (RPD, labs, etc.). Gameplay-wise, I'm fine with Resident Evil 6's style, though as I'm going through Revelations right now, I wouldn't complain for that more locked and limited style as well (basically RE4 with move and shoot).

Regardless, it would be nice to hear something on the series' future at TGS. There is no doubt something to do with the series coming out next year (probably a Rev sequel).

There are clueless moments in some campaigns. What do you mean specifically?

I just ran through the first section of the campaign (Ada) because I'm always getting detected and I have no idea why. And when you get detected...thousands of enemies respawn out of nowhere. This is game design hell, lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just ran through the first section of the campaign (Ada) because I'm always getting detected and I have no idea why. And when you get detected...thousands of enemies respawn out of nowhere. This is game design hell, lol

Haha yeah you're supposed to stealth kill the enemies there. If you take cover against a wall and enemies are walking by you can get a prompt to stealth kill them, so try that.

Carbonox

I actually enjoy Ada's stealth segments. Once you get the jist of it, you can stealth most of the ship area (primarily the bridge which you even get a trophy for if you stealth the whole bridge section).

Wall assassinations and the bowgun are crucial for this though. Headshots or you're fucked.

Mr_Zombie

You sure you break various boxes, crates and vases? Because that's where majority of them are hidden. I was replaying Leon 2 recently for the event and I don't remember ever being low on herbs.

kakashi08

Just finished Witcher 2/Tomb Raider. Now just playing Black ops 2 and Darksiders.
I'm wondering if this game is any good? Probably not good as Tomb Raider but any good to spend my time on it, or should I play another game.
I usually play 2 games at a time, then move to the next one when I'm done with one of them, Currently I'm just playing Darksiders.
Need another game. lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Witcher 2/Tomb Raider. Now just playing Black ops 2 and Darksiders.
I'm wondering if this game is any good? Probably not good as Tomb Raider but any good to spend my time on it, or should I play another game.
I usually play 2 games at a time, then move to the next one when I'm done with one of them, Currently I'm just playing Darksiders.
Need another game. lol

As has been said multiple times, RE6 is great fun if you look at it as an action game and not as a survival horror game. As a "Resident Evil" game it's not great, but as a third-person action game it really is quite a bit of fun.

Mr_Zombie

Need another game. lol

It's really hard to tell, because this game is very divisive: some love it, some hate it. It has fantastic game mechanics (if you learn all the moves, which the game itself fails to teach you), IMO one of the best beastiary in the entire series (various types of zombies, various types of randomly mutating J'avos, interesting creatures like Rasklapanje <3 etc.) and a lot of variety to keep you constantly interested. However, the game itself has serious problems with pacing and identity (it wants to be all: horror, action game, stealth game, QTE game and more) and overall it lacks polish.

To be honest, Resident Evil 6 contains as much horror as Resident Evil Revelations. Both games are not scary. You're fighting monsters with guns in a "dark" environment (most of the time). The story is dumb in both games (just like the characters). Imo the differences are:

- More action in RE 6
- RE 6 is long (It took me 30 hours on my first playthrough)
- Great co-op experience (RE 6)
- Controls: RE Revelations controls are similar to RE 4/5
- Mercenaries-Mode is best in RE 6 but only has three maps (lol, crapcom)

Resident Evil 6 doesn't deserve these low scores (4,5/10; 3/10). RE 5 was worse (so was ORC). Don't expect horror or a classic Resident Evil adventure and you'll have tons of fun.

Riposte

I believe on PC you get all of the maps for free. Only the other modes are DLC on that platform.

I strongly believe RE6 over Revelations. I know people dislike the story of RE6, but I much prefer it over RE:R, which seemingly wanted to be a season of Lost.

I believe on PC you get all of the maps for free. Only the other modes are DLC on that platform.

I strongly believe RE6 over Revelations. I know people dislike the story of RE6, but I much prefer it over RE:R, which seemingly wanted to be a season of Lost.

Oh wow.
I have to pay 6 € for all DLC-Maps.....hmmm I don't know....:/

Carbonox

Man, Revelations is pretty crap.

It's probably my fault for playing it straight after getting the Platinum in Resident Evil 6 so the gameplay shift is obviously detrimental but outside of the atmosphere, gun upgrades (though for the love of god return to the RE4/RE5 style of gun upgrades), puzzles, exploration and setting, the game is so dull and poor.

Negatives:

1. Enemy design is comical
2. Zero hit detection
3. Enemies are bullet sponges
4. Boss encounters can be needlessly messy and drag out
5. Story is terribad by Resident Evil standards
6. Cast is the worst in the series (Quint and Keith.....good fucking lord WHY ARE YOU IN THIS SERIES)

Why do combat situations in this play out far worse than in similarly controlled RE games like RE4 and RE5? There is just something extremely off about Revelations and the way it plays. Doesn't help that the camera is up your ass (though in Jill's case that's not too bad given that beautiful rear end).

I have yet to play Raid mode though which I hear is fun.

Still, like I said, not good that I jumped straight in after Resident Evil 6 so I may appreciate this game more over time but right now, it's pretty poor.

This generation Resident Evil rankings:

1. Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
2. Resident Evil 6
3. Resident Evil Revelations
1223444445678. Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

Once I beat this I'll download the RE Chronicles collection off of the PSN store as they're the only main games I've yet to play. Need to get RE4/CVX HD on my PS3 HDD too so I can get rid of the PS2 ones I have.

On a Resident Evil marathon for some reason, woooo.

@ilnadmy heh okay ^^

This game is funny. Chris campaign is a third person (COD style) shooter but there's almost no ammo. lol.

@ Carbonox: I agree. Revelations was disappointing

Top Bottom