• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah. Jake's campaign was okay, the ending wasn't some kind of BROAD SWEEPING REVELATION that I was kind of expecting (like a bit more elaboration on his relationship, if any, with his father) but besides that it was okay.

The end piece of that campaign was pretty cool though - I wasn't expecting THAT to be Jake's final boss at all. I also felt like the end scene was very reminiscent of RE2's final confrontation too, albeit in a much stressed and forced manner.

Jake's ending is probably the smallest scale, which is why I believe it comes first in the order as while it's nice and all, it isn't really that important. Besides the fact that I think the Jake and Sherry characters are important, but you'll learn more about that later.
I wasn't expecting Jake's final boss to be like that either, but to be honest I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected too when I saw it was Ustanak. The whole battle gave me weird Nintendo vibes though. Like it kind of was making me think of Zelda, and then Punch-Out.

If you're still going, I'll be interested to hear what you think of Chris's final chapter.

Nemesis_

Jake's ending is probably the smallest scale, which is why I believe it comes first in the order as while it's nice and all, it isn't really that important. Besides the fact that I think the Jake and Sherry characters are important, but you'll learn more about that later.
I wasn't expecting Jake's final boss to be like that either, but to be honest I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected too when I saw it was Ustanak. The whole battle gave me weird Nintendo vibes though. Like it kind of was making me think of Zelda, and then Punch-Out.

If you're still going, I'll be interested to hear what you think of Chris's final chapter.

Doing Chris' chapter now.

The lack of ammo in Chris' campaign, especially during the final boss, is so frustrating. I've died nearly ten times waiting for stupid AI Jake to kill it because there is NO AMMO for me.

Guise, tips for beating this thing? This would be an amazing boss if I wasn't so irritated right now.

More appropriate, I suppose, lol. At any rate, I hope it does not get torn to shreds too badly. I'll have fun either way, but still.

Remember what happened when the public demo came out? Yeah....I'm migrating to the MP and Spoiler threads come Tuedsay. COMPLETELY avoiding GAF tomorrow.

What a fantastic and insightful post

There were concerns over some parts in RE5 about where the tone of the series was going and quite a few moments in RE6 make boulder punching look small time. Your reductionist PAST GAMES HAD EXPLOSIONS DERP response to an honest observation is emblematic of the trend of series sycophants attempting to belittle criticism of the game in this thread.

Nemesis_

There were concerns over some parts in RE5 about where the tone of the series was going and quite a few moments in RE6 make boulder punching look small time. Your reductionist PAST GAMES HAD EXPLOSIONS DERP response to an honest observation is emblematic of the trend of series sycophants attempting to belittle criticism of the game in this thread.

It just annoys me when people who haven't played this game see fit to judge it based on some pre-release media that's designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I don't really understand why people want the franchise to go back to what it was. The formula was getting stale and we saw that especially with RE Zero, which to my knowledge was the last game to feature the old style.

But whatever, I've had a shitload of fun with this game

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I've only played through Leon's campaign and it was just as I expected it to be judging by the demo. Controls and camera were serviceable but they got in the way a bunch. Extremely high production values (save a few glitches, mostly camera issues) and setpieces (even though most weren't "playable"), insane amount of inane QTE sections, no real scares, and extremely guided and hand-holdy design. If you thought Uncharted 2 and 3 were too guided, this takes it to another level. For instance, in Leon's opening bit when he's
carrying Helena
, you can push the analog stick in any direction and he'll always proceed forward. I should have known what was coming after that.

I had high hopes for Leon's campaign, but this did not deliver at all. It wasn't terrible, but hopefully the other campaigns are better. This is coming from someone that loved RE4 and very much enjoyed RE5 and could give or take the original games.

Performance was good (360). No tearing, but there was slowdown in more taxing moments.

basically
jjOBk.png

but not as polished

Forgive me if this has been asked aleady, I only glanced over the last 5 or so pages. Does anyone have an opinion on what order these campaigns should be played in? Will elements of the story seem repetitive or is there enough variation through each one? I was even contemplating doing chapter 1 through all three then moving onto the next chapter for each, but I don't even really know.

This is Dusk Golems order, earlier in thread

Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada's
Campaign

Ah screw you, I'm still waiting for my Newegg order to ship.

they'll ship monday.

If you live near the warehouses you get it day 1. So that means Socal, NJ, or Tennessee IIRC.

I have gotten Persona 4 Arena, DOA5, and TTT2 all on release date with the free shipping.

Lucent

Well, he's not wrong. The series has had crazy explosions in every game. RE only had like maybe one (mansion blowing up) but 2 and 3 had quite a bit.

xtianmarq

The lack of ammo in Chris' campaign, especially during the final boss, is so frustrating. I've died nearly ten times waiting for stupid AI Jake to kill it because there is NO AMMO for me.

Guise, tips for beating this thing? This would be an amazing boss if I wasn't so irritated right now.

Spoiler tags please...blurting out that
Jake
helps in the final boss fight with Chris is a bit revealing.

Neiteio

I snuck a peek at some cutscenes in Jake Chapter 3.
He totally thinks "Lemme smang it gurl" while Sherry is changing, but quickly regains his focus like a true scholar and gentleman.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
There's a lot I can hate about this game. But I love the series enough to trudge through it.

There are inconsistencies with the game's graphics/presentation throughout the game, however it picks up and takes off. I really enjoyed the game for what it is (action oriented). Fun stuff.

Nemesis_

He meant to say Piers. While it is a bit of a spoiler I guess to say this, but Jake doesn't help in Chris's final boss fight.

Some HINTS for this FINAL BOSS? (Chris)

I'm at the part where
Piers injected himself with the C-Virus, and Chris keeps saying to kill it whlie it's in it's coccoon. What should I do? Just shoot it? Or do I have to trigger a QTE?

I'm at the part where
Piers injected himself with the C-Virus, and Chris keeps saying to kill it whlie it's in it's coccoon. What should I do? Just shoot it? Or do I have to trigger a QTE?

I just beat it. Not entirely sure, but
I just shot at it a bit when it went in the coccoon and with some help from Piers it explodes out. Then you run up to it and trigger a QTE. Do that 3 times. Also, it helps to stun it before you try and shoot its weak points.

Dusk Golem

I'm at the part where

Shoot him until he's in a cocoon form, Piers can charge and shock him out of it but he won't always do this so it is best to just unload on the cocoon all you can until it breaks. After you break the cocoon the monster will be laying on the ground trying to regenerate with his hearts exposed (it has three). You can shoot them, but it might be safer to run up to him and trigger a QTE where you stab the hearts with your knife (which is what I did).

Neiteio

I was watching a scene in Jake Chapter 3 between Jake and Sherry, and was finding myself really impressed by Jake's voice acting, when Jake's voice began to sound familiar. That's Troy Baker, isn't it? Guy who did Vincent in Catherine? If so, between that game and this one, he is a SUPERB voice actor.

I was watching a scene in Jake Chapter 3 between Jake and Sherry, and was finding myself really impressed by Jake's voice acting, when Jake's voice began to sound familiar. That's Troy Baker, isn't it? Guy who did Vincent in Catherine? If so, between that game and this one, he is a SUPERB voice actor.

Kanji in Persona 4 as well. Shame he was involved in the Silent Hill HD collection and was kind of a dick about it though.

Bladenic

He's like my favorite voice actor. Kanji, Jake, Snow, YURI FREAKING LOWELL. Also Kai Leng but ew.

Nemesis_

All I think of is this

muqLl.jpg

;_;

Neiteio

Kanji in Persona 4 as well. Shame he was involved in the Silent Hill HD collection and was kind of a dick about it though.
How was he a dick, exactly? I don't care how celebrities are in person -- I value them for their art, not their character -- but I'm still curious.

Ninjimbo

Troy Baker has been awesome for years. He was Yuri in Vesperia too. He also voiced the badass CIA agent who freezes things in the dub of Darker Than Black.

How was he a dick, exactly? I don't care how celebrities are in person -- I value them for their art, not their character -- but I'm still curious.

I forget the exact quotes, it was mentioned in the HD collection breakdown put together by the real silent hill experience. Basically just disrespectful to the original cast and crew.

Neiteio

I forget the exact quotes, it was mentioned in the HD collection breakdown put together by the real silent hill experience. Basically just disrespectful to the original cast and crew.
Hmm, hopefully not, but either way, Baker's performance as Vincent in Catherine is, for my tastes, probably one of the best VAs in any game I've played. The emotional nuance he brought to that character was just amazing at points. And his take as Jake here seems to make for one of the more believably performed characters in the series.

Nemesis_

I think he was just a bit disrespectful to the original cast.

I can't beat Chris' final boss - I just don't seem to have enough ammo =/

OMG I wish I knew an hour ago that you could
melee the bugs in the stealth section
with Jake/Sherry! : /

Two chapters down in Jake's campaign and I'm not really feeling it. So far it's the weakest of the three....

Dusk Golem

I think he was just a bit disrespectful to the original cast.

I can't beat Chris' final boss - I just don't seem to have enough ammo =/

You can actually stand-back and
let Piers do it. His new-found powers are unlimited and if you give him the command to move forward he'll zap the boss into the cocoon form and you can unload on the cocoon itself.

Seik

Banned
Okay, hype rising. Plus I was upset that Futureshop would choke on the post-E3 '4 for the price of 3' deal, especially since its Anthology and worth more than the standard edition, but it seems they are not.

xub8S.png

Nemesis_

;_______________________________________________;

;____________________________________________________________________________________________________;

There are SO MANY logos for companies at the end of the credits. Did they all work on the game? *.*

I stop by to see if there are any impressions and some weird ass stuff is going on in this thread.
Turning into some weird fanfic love.

Top Bottom