• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

jb1234

Game is harder than fuck. I've died eight times already and still haven't gotten to the second save point yet. Super pissed.

Erebus

Where is the second metal object? Resident Evil wikipedia says 1F office room. What the hell is that?
That's where it is. The room will be pitch dark when you first enter. You have to turn on the lamp on the desk to find the object you're looking for.

Bl@de

Game is harder than fuck. I've died eight times already and still haven't gotten to the second save point yet. Super pissed.

Well where do you have trouble? Of course it's hard. But it's not unfair. Pick your fights smart. If in doubt run away and rethink your route

jb1234

Well where do you have trouble? Of course it's hard. But it's not unfair. Pick your fights smart. If in doubt run away and rethink your route

All sorts of zombies. :p I'm starting to figure out that if I can dodge fights, I should.
Like the area to the right of the great hall. There's just a dagger there and unfortunately, a zombie. Not worth it to me.

Lothar

Banned
room with the spencer insignia on the door. Where you go to the garden. Of course you need the Spencer key

That's the problem.

Oh, you're supposed to put the red gem in the jewelry box. That's what goes in the round hole? The gem looks pointy to me. I wouldn't have thought to use that in a round hole.

Bl@de

All sorts of zombies. :p I'm starting to figure out that if I can dodge fights, I should.
Like the area to the right of the great hall. There's just a dagger there and unfortunately, a zombie. Not worth it to me.

Just run around him. For dodging: wait until they try to grab and walk back in that moment. That will lock them n the animation. It will give you 1-2 seconds to run past them without circling them

Bl@de

That's the problem.

Oh, you're supposed to put the red gem in the jewelry box. That's what goes in the round hole? The gem looks pointy to me. I wouldn't have thought to use that in a round hole.

Jup thats it. You got it

Lothar

Banned

You can try to get it and run out. The worse that'll happen if he catches you is you'll lose your dagger.

Not only dodge fights, but sometimes if a room is full of zombies, you're going to want to dodge rooms.

jb1234

You can try to get it and run out. The worse that'll happen if he catches you is you'll lose your dagger.

Not only dodge fights, but sometimes if a room is full of zombies, you're going to want to dodge rooms.

Yeah, I tried that and lost the dagger. It's okay, though. Definitely gonna take Bl@de's advice for dodging zombies. It's a scary game.

Mr_Zombie

So I finally finished it:
lGUMu0N.jpg

It took me more time than I expected (and if you include all those deaths...) but at least I got the "Every Nook and Cranny" achievement on my first run. :D I was worried that I won't get it due to not being able to visit the dressing room (for obvious reason), but it seems the game takes that into account.

I must say that the first part of the game - right until you reach the residence - is the hardest one. But if you played the game right (i.e. avoided zombies or burn them after killing them), once you enter the residence, you should have plenty of ammo and health items and you don't have to worry about Crimson Heads anymore. Also, the areas you have to cover from now on are much smaller (even after you return to the mansion there are only few rooms to unlock) so it's much harder to get lost. I realized that once I returned to the mansion, I barely even used my handgun. Even in the lab I could blast through zombies using grenade launcher or shotgun and at the end of the game I still had plenty of grenade rounds (normal, acid and flame), shotgun shells and magnum rounds. Not to mention all those FAS and unused green herbs.

All in all, this is still a fantastic game and a really nice remaster. There were few ugly backgrounds (the main prize goes to the whole Aqua Ring - even some parts of the control room and the drained Aqua Ring looked as if someone saved those backgrounds as heavily compressed jpg files) and few clearly rushed ones (some backgrounds in Lisa's cabin looked as if they were only resized without any enhancement) but most looked at least good. Sure, if you look at static screenshots you can notice overuse of blur/sharpening filters on some backgrounds, but in the game, when you move through those rooms, they look fine. Main hall and almost all outdoor areas look amazing.

malfcn

Tempted to look at a solution. I'm stuck! Basically every room in the map is green except a few ones, I only have 2 puzzle objects and tried everything but I can't proceed further :(

Is it the beginning of the game? Check the door *on* the stairs.

And dodging is sometimes easier with tank controls because you can walk backwards. With new controls you might get them riding your back.

Just finished my Knife Only run last night. Was on very easy, but looking back I think I could finish this will little trouble on normal. The Crimson Head Elder would be the only annoying thing though. Was hard even on very easy.

Has any body received the ce-34878-0 error for this game on eu ps4? I got it twice in the same area (when
Jill gets the grenade launcher from Barry
) but it didn't show up the third time. Highly annoying as it boots you straight out of the game.

Has any body received the ce-34878-0 error for this game on eu ps4? I got it twice in the same area (when
Jill gets the grenade launcher from Barry
) but it didn't show up the third time. Highly annoying as it boots you straight out of the game.

I actually got that error as well in my speed run to get the Rocket launcher. Only happened once for me, and I just skipped the scene 2nd time, so I don't know if that helped or not. Sucks if it's a common problem.

For those of you who pre-ordered the PC version, there was a pre-order bonuses, which were a digital artbook and a selection of soundtracks. Could someone show what the artbook looks like and lists what soundtracks were given?

I actually got that error as well in my speed run to get the Rocket launcher. Only happened once for me, and I just skipped the scene 2nd time, so I don't know if that helped or not. Sucks if it's a common problem.

The first time it happened was after a cut scene. The second time was after picking up a green herb in the same area. The error recommended me updating the game and/or system software but both were up to date. Very annoying!

Oh, and my favorite thing? This guy right here:

3E8311126E004FB12DD77D492E173737D7FA962B

Trapped behind a dresser for the entire game. No matter how much you try, you can't get me!

Haha yup, I went to all the effort of killing him on my first run only to find out (after he came back as a Crimson) that he gets stuck in there. So now I just leave him to exercise :D

Betty

Banned
Fucking sharks... and if they ever REmake 2 lose those loading screen doors, such a pointless addition in this day and age.

Betty

Banned
I prefer doors than a "loading, please wait" screen

I'm saying with these consoles they should be able to go from one area to the next without a loading sequence at all, especially since this game uses pre rendered backgrounds and such tiny areas.

Resident Evil 4 has even faster load times between areas and they are fully rendered and much bigger spaces.

The door loading sequences are useless.

I like the doors. An option to toggle on/off sure but don't just remove them.

That would also be fine, they are just a nuisance to me though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I like the doors. An option to toggle on/off sure but don't just remove them.

I agree, I don't think it was JUST to cover up loading times, I think they kept it in there because it adds tension. I could be really naive of course, but the whole game is paced in this manner.

Neff

Resident Evil 4 has even faster load times between areas and they are fully rendered and much bigger spaces.

3D data typically takes up less space than 2D data, since it's much easier to compress. If RE4 loads faster than the REmake (and we're talking a fractional duration at that), then that's why.

Whether the door animations were left in the REmaster for reverence's sake or not, it's impossible to say.

Tesseract

Banned
New version of Door Skip mod released: www.tzarsectus.com/tools/rehd-nodoors.rar

Changes:
- Ladder bug fixed.
- Tool looks spiffier and it can now be run before the game is started.

New version of Fluffy Manager released: www.tzarsectus.com/tools/modmanager.rar

v1.64:
- Fixed ladder path not unlocking when using door skip.
- Change character whenever (this is not suspposed to be possible, so it can lead to some really weird game behaviour)
- Edit unlockables (this lets you freely turn off "One Dangerous Zombies" if you want to).
- Variant of door skip (plays sound but shows door briefly on screen).
- Minor bug fixes.

cwtpnEU.gif

njean777

Take it to 3F and use it to solve the puzzle.

I may sound stupid but is that the room
with the moving statues that will trap you if you pick up the book
/ I don't have the map as I have no clue how to get it out of that statue on the first floor.

malfcn

What was the point of the dirty bath tub and roots before Plant 42 that you couldn't do anything about? Just tension?

What was the point of the dirty bath tub and roots before Plant 42 that you couldn't do anything about? Just tension?

It has something on lower difficulties.

Anyway, finished up my Director's Cut run: 2'41". Still got it! That fucking music though ugh. Oh and I don't know how but I managed to
get Barry to die and give me a picture of his family.
I don't recall ever seeing that when I was younger lol

//ARCANUM

It has something on lower difficulties.

Anyway, finished up my Director's Cut run: 2'41". Still got it! That fucking music though ugh. Oh and I don't know how but I
managed to get Barry to die and give me a picture of his family.
I don't recall ever seeing that when I was younger lol

Spoiler tag man. :(

Sectus

I did a knife-only run today. Since I heard people say a knife-only run is very easy on very easy difficulty I decided to do it on easy to make it a bit more challenging. It actually feels like a normal run except for the
crimson head boss fight and the second snake boss fight.
And holy bananas does those fights become tedious when you can only use the knife. I feel ashamed I had to switch to alternate controls for the
crimson head boss
as I wasn't able to evade quickly otherwise.

Anyway, definitely not doing a knife only run ever again. I'm surprised the run was actually under 3 hours, but I guess I save a lot of time by ignoring so much of the items and rooms.

One thing I learned recently is there's another room in the game which is 3D rendered. One of the mansion rooms with crows in it. This room:

I noticed it looked sharper and better than many of the other rooms, but I couldn't tell that is actually real-time rendered. I guess it's an indication of how the mansion would look if they did that to every room in the game. A shame they didn't have the resources to do that (I assume that's the reason why only a few select rooms got the full 3D treatment anyway).

Can someone give me a hint?

I got a sword key, armor key, 2 masks, a wind badge (I think? Can't remember what it's called) and it seems like the only puzzle I have left is the clock located in the
dining room

Here's the message:
"When the two have run each other through, the path to your destiny will open."
I just can't solve it. The logic that runs through my head is:
The clock hands should land on either the helmet (12 o clock) or shield (3 o clock) since those are the keys I need.

I spoiler tagged in case anyone isn't as far as me, but I'm still pretty early in the game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I got a sword key, armor key, 2 masks, a wind badge (I think? Can't remember what it's called) and it seems like the only puzzle I have left is the clock located in the
dining room

Here's the message:
The clock hands should land on either the helmet (12 o clock) or shield (3 o clock) since those are the keys I need.

I spoiler tagged in case anyone isn't as far as me, but I'm still pretty early in the game.

Look at the painting nearby.

frontovik

Banned

dining room

Here's the message:

You have the right idea. However, take a closer look at a nearby painting and observe where the swords have struck.

Don't think about the keys, focus on the painting.

Top Bottom