• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Anung

Un Rama
B8fU_0rIAAEDJsq.jpg:large

Solid run right there. Still have to do my knife only run, what am I in for?

It was fairly easy. Invisible run gets you in the mind set to avoid everything.

S-T-F-U

Neo Member
B8fU_0rIAAEDJsq.jpg:large

Solid run right there. Still have to do my knife only run, what am I in for?

How is this even possible? Haha, I'm not even out of the mansion yet and I have saved 16 times. I don't even want to think about a knife only session, you guys are freaks!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
How is this even possible? Haha, I'm not even out of the mansion yet and I have saved 16 times. I don't even want to think about a knife only session, you guys are freaks!

I used to play this game a ton, not just REmake, but also RE1. This isn't even a good run ;). People in this thread could dust this. Trust me a handful of playthroughs and you'll be doing this in no time.

edit-

Don't be a dumbass like me an play on Normal. It made things unnecessarily harder.

I played on Normal to unlock all the weapons and whatnot.

Astral

I used to play this game a ton, not just REmake, but also RE1. This isn't even a good run ;). People in this thread could dust this. Trust me a handful of playthroughs and you'll be doing this in no time.

edit-

I played on Normal to unlock all the weapons and whatnot.

That's why I played on Normal but in the end I missed the 3 hour mark by 57 seconds. -_-

KyleCross

Think it's around half an hour on normal. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Certain events can wake them up instantly too.

I was playing on the new Very Easy difficulty, just messing around and not seriously playing yet (I'm going to delve in seriously later). It wasn't a trigger, it was just random zombies I had downed. I decided to go around and start burning all the zombies I found. The 3rd to last zombie I killed was playing dead and jumped up as a Crimson head and that's what fucked me up. Then I literally went through the door next to him where I had killed two more zombies and one was an up and running Crimson Head, but the other one I killed at the same time as that one was still dead on the floor.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm gonna do mine on normal. Wouldn't feel like I accomplished anything if I went through on very easy.

I wouldn't say it's not an accomplishment, although when you really break it down and get used to it you realize it's not as difficult as it looks. That being said the difference between normal and very easy is minimal in my opinion. There are more than enough healing items, and more than enough ammo scattered throughout the mansion. There are really only a few more enemies here and there, but most don't impede your path.

KyleCross

I wouldn't say it's not an accomplishment, although when you really break it down and get used to it you realize it's not as difficult as it looks. That being said the difference between normal and very easy is minimal in my opinion. There are more than enough healing items, and more than enough ammo scattered throughout the mansion. There are really only a few more enemies here and there, but most don't impede your path.

From just the tiny bit I played of the game I noticed a pretty big difference. Normal I was dead in two zombie grabs, on Very Easy a zombie would have to gnaw on me all day. Also there's a fuck-ton less zombies to the point where the Mansion is kinda empty. Also any area where there's herbs have basically became an indoor garden.

How is just Easy? Cause as a filthy casual I can't help but feel maybe Very Easy might be a bit too easy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
From just the tiny bit I played of the game I noticed a pretty big difference. Normal I was dead in two zombie grabs, on Very Easy a zombie would have to gnaw on me all day. Also there's a fuck-ton less zombies to the point where the Mansion is kinda empty. Also any area where there's herbs have basically became an indoor garden.

How is just Easy? Cause as a filthy casual I can't help but feel maybe Very Easy might be a bit too easy.

Honestly like I said once you get used to the game I don't think the issues you mentioned are a problem. They shower you with ammo, whether it's the magazines, the shotgun shells, the grenade ammo, the defense items, etc. The few additions are easily dodged. Once you get used to the timing dodging zombies is really easy, and on top of that with the defense items there really isn't much risk.

Astral

I'm gonna do mine on normal. Wouldn't feel like I accomplished anything if I went through on very easy.

Normal is still easy aside from the boss fights for me. The Crimson Head fight kicked my ass because I only had one healing item and took forever to kill. Yawn was a pain in the ass too until I figured out a good strategy for him. He still took like 15 minutes to kill though. Tyrant just made me laugh.

ivb_1973

Banned
S9rhObU.png

Game beaten! It felt SO GOOD jeje
On at least 3 times I was about to quit due to my own fails, but in the end I was victorious! The only problem is that in my new gameplay with Jill it won't be the same since now I know (nearly) everything.
It was a terrific and terrifying experience! One of the best gaming experiences so far ^^

EDIT: Ok, now I'm a bit embarrased, how do you link an image in this forum? It doesn't accept external links?
EDIT2: Done, with imgur everything works better

Ooccoo

I was playing as Chris and trying not to save too often. I was at the Cabin and made my way underground. However, even though I completed the game like last summer for the first time, the
shark "puzzle"
still got me. It's crazy what stress/pressure can do to you. Even though it's quite simple I couldn't remember where the fuck I was supposed to press A. Died and lost almost an hour of game time, but I'm not even mad.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is the ability to use costumes from the beginning without using the closet key a new feature, or was it always this way?

Just got the platinum trophy. Man what a game. They don't make games like this anymore. Man after i beat the invisible mode i forgot that there is a letter from Shinji Mikami. Took me back to 2002. Amazing!

I was playing as Chris and trying not to save too often. I was at the Cabin and made my way underground. However, even though I completed the game like last summer for the first time, the
shark "puzzle"
still got me. It's crazy what stress/pressure can do to you. Even though it's quite simple I couldn't remember where the fuck I was supposed to press A. Died and lost almost an hour of game time, but I'm not even mad.

Lol. I barely made it past that part with Jill.
The pressure rate was at 90% before I was able to fully seal the room

It's been a while since I played RE 1 and was hell bent on using a guide of some kind to give away the solutions to the puzzles. Took me 10 hours to complete the game, but not once did I resort to looking up solutions for things.

Cubed

Just beat it on Normal in 2:35. Probably my best run between the PS1 original, GC REmake, and HD REmake.

Just normal weapons, no rocket launcher or anything.

Astral

Am I crazy or does the pre-rendered background outside the cabin hold up really fucking well? The inside is shit though.

-MD-

Am I crazy or does the pre-rendered background outside the cabin hold up really fucking well? The inside is shit though.

I think the outside scenes got the most attention during development.

Knife run with best ending done. The only problem I had was that
Crimson Elder
but other then that it was smooth sailing. Real survivor next then Invisible Enemy mode and then a no save run.

Which difficulty was this on?

So I linked my account to RE.net and I lost my save data...that is awesome

Ahahaha! So sorry to hear that.

Did you play on Steam? You might have a backup save somewhere on the hard drive, or even Steam cloud saves. If not, then I can't think of any other ways to salvage your save.

So I should be doing the knife run with Chris, right? I started with Jill but then I remembered some things I read on here. I know Chris has more health and I assume his knife does more damage? It seens like he runs faster than Jill too.

Top Bottom