• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

-MD-

Classic (B) is R1 for aiming and "x" for shooting? If so I'll use this one too.

Yessir.

ilkJsmE.png

onken

thanks

Another question for anyone, iirc the very first zombie is invincible (as Jill at least, I never played Chris). You're supposed to go back to the room with Barry and he kills it, right? I might give my wife a heads up before she starts, I remember wasting ammo on this

Well you can put it down yes, but it will resurrect for the Barry cutscene.

that's still not the last you'll see of it...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Soo don't know where to go next.

Playing as Jill, just grabbed the shotgun,
dogs jumped through windows, met Barry back in the main hall after he pulled me out of the collapsing room.

There are some crows next to a birdcage now, and I went down into the kitchen and killed a couple zombies. Only thing I see that I can get to but haven't done is grabbing a key off a pedestal, but then I get crushed by
statues.

Halp?

Grief.exe

Soo don't know where to go next.

Playing as Jill, just grabbed the shotgun,
dogs jumped through windows, met Barry back in the main hall after he pulled me out of the collapsing room.

There are some crows next to a birdcage now, and I went down into the kitchen and killed a couple zombies. Only thing I see that I can get to but haven't done is grabbing a key off a pedestal, but then I get crushed by
statues.

Halp?

Unlock all the doors with the sword key, but pick up the dog whistle in the 2nd floor east wing office.

I'm on my first play through too, just ahead of you. Trying to play blind though.

I am super confused about one thing.

The 360 and PS3 versions has a music glitch which makes a lot of the music play at the wrong speed and pitch. I'm pretty sure the same glitch is in xbox one, ps4, and pc versions of the game.

Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGvajuZkmDo
This is how the song is supposed to sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdANb4aGC_c

Now then, for people who pre-ordered it on steam, go to the game directory and look at the soundtrack. Play track 27. Did they "fix" it by pretending the glitched version of the music is now the correct version? I'm pretty sure this "music box" version of the music is in no other version of the soundtrack.

Considering the "REmaster" is upressing low-res assets and using nasty ass sharpening filters, I wouldn't be surprised if that was their solution.

-MD-

I am super confused about one thing.

The 360 and PS3 versions has a music glitch which makes a lot of the music play at the wrong speed and pitch. I'm pretty sure the same glitch is in xbox one, ps4, and pc versions of the game.

Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGvajuZkmDo
This is how the song is supposed to sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdANb4aGC_c

Now then, for people who pre-ordered it on steam, go to the game directory and look at the soundtrack. Play track 27. Did they "fix" it by pretending the glitched version of the music is now the correct version? I'm pretty sure this "music box" version of the music is in no other version of the soundtrack.

The version from the top link is the version included in the PC version.

MAX PAYMENT

I'll be starting my first playthrough after work today.

Are any if the puzzles so obtuse that I'd need a guide, or is it all straight for ward enough to do on my own?

This post is mostly something I said in a Steam topic when someone stated their extremely negative opinion on this game, and I just wanted to share it just a reminder for those complaining about how the backgrounds are blurry, or that it's not a 'true remaster':

Many many people never had the chance to play this game, now they can. Capcom did not have access to the original assets or source material. If you wanted a full remake of the entire game, it would have cost more and would have taken longer. Whether or not they should have done that or not is irrelevant. We can argue all day long about how lazy Capcom are, and their well-known money grabbing business ethic. At the end of the day, this is the product we have. If the response and reaction to this game is as positive as it really ought to be, then maybe, just MAYBE it'll encourage and inspire Capcom to change the direction of where the series heads in the future. The only way to do that is to buy and support a product you believe in.

It was known WELL ahead of time what this product was. There were screenshots, videos, and even comparisons. There's no excuse for you to not know what you're buying. But it doesn't really matter, because for all the whinging and whining you're likely to do, you're still going to play it regardless.

This post is mostly something I said in a Steam topic when someone stated their extremely negative opinion on this game, and I just wanted to share it just a reminder for those complaining about how the backgrounds are blurry, or that it's not a 'true remaster':

Many many people never had the chance to play this game, now they can. Capcom did not have access to the original assets or source material. If you wanted a full remake of the entire game, it would have cost more and would have taken longer. Whether or not they should have done that or not is irrelevant. We can argue all day long about how lazy Capcom are, and their well-known money grabbing business ethic. At the end of the day, this is the product we have. If the response and reaction to this game is as positive as it really ought to be, then maybe, just MAYBE it'll encourage and inspire Capcom to change the direction of where the series heads in the future. The only way to do that is to buy and support a product you believe in.

It was known WELL ahead of time what this product was. There were screenshots, videos, and even comparisons. There's no excuse for you to not know what you're buying. But it doesn't really matter, because for all the whinging and whining you're likely to do, you're still going to play it regardless.
Ah, just ignore the whiners. Who cares what they think? We got REmake on PC, in a permanently stored database for the ages thanks to STEAM.

It is a glorious day.

-MD-

How often should i save? Cant find a good answer online.

When you feel like you've made a decent amount of progress and might be in danger. There are quite a few ink ribbons in the game so don't feel like you're gonna run out right away.

Just don't save every 5 minutes.

I must say, the amount of questions people have regarding how to play this game is quite amusing. It puts into perspective just how much modern games hold our hand.

When you feel like you've made a decent amount of progress and might be in danger. There are quite a few ink ribbons in the game so don't feel like you're gonna run out right away.

Just don't save every 5 minutes.

Got it . Thanks.
I must say, the amount of questions people have regarding how to play this game is quite amusing. It puts into perspective just how much modern games hold our hand.
Yeah, it feels like i haven't played this kind of game in a long time. I got killed picking up the mansion key and almost considered dropping the game due to me not saving.

Left my PS4 on all day so I could download this and play it when I got home from work. Saw that it had installed successfully when I checked upon arriving back. After playing for about an hour I wasn't able to open doors past a certain point because I needed the game to finish downloading. I was forced to use one of my saves before I intended to as I couldn't progress any further anyway. Wtf? Welcome to the digital future!

dmr87

Loving all the first impressions, looking forward to the lttp threads. If any of you newcomers are streaming make sure to post in here.

Kinyou

Couldn't help but notice this during the Gametrailers review

jiggpjk9m.gif

Were those physics already in the original or is that the power of next gen?

strafer

Holy fuck, the voice acting in the RE games sure has changed.

There is barely any emotion.

Also, I'm using RE5 Jill.

She's so pretty. :D

Mr_Zombie

So... running the game in 1680x1050 (max resolution of my monitor) gives me black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. If I also want to run the game in 4:3 mode I end up with a huge black border around the game being played in the middle of the screen. It sucks. :/

Also, not a fan of using mouse for aiming and attacking. Especially since the mouse cursor is visible on screen unless you move it to the side.

Just my two cents after checking the game out for few minutes.

That said... it's still REmake on PC :D

Grief.exe

Couldn't help but notice this during the Gametrailers review

jiggpjk9m.gif

Were those physics already in the original or is that the power of next gen?

The jiggle was there in the original as well, just easier to notice in the HD era.

We noticed that during the previews and dug up some Dolphin gifs to prove it.

Dahbomb

Loving all the first impressions, looking forward to the lttp threads. If any of you newcomers are streaming make sure to post in here.
Watching my friend play it because I already beat it on the GCN.

He's playing on Easy (the setting that is in the middle) and he used up all of his ammo on the first two zombies. Died at the mansion key trap and screamed bull shit when he had to reload a save. Then he cursed again when he saw that he has limited saves. Then he opened the front entrance and got assaulted by dogs.

I give him tips and directions when he gives up. He just got the real mansion key though but he has no more saves so he has has to play at a stretch until he finds some ribbons.

He says the game is suspenseful and tense but very cheap due to game design (cheap as in unfair). He's playing on the new controls and the only RE games he has played are RE4-6.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Put my game to download on the XB1 this morning before leaving for work. Very excited to go home and give it a whirl. Girlfriend and I are planning on shutting out the lights, burning a couple of candles and enjoying this for the first time.

Quick (and probably obvious) question, it's possible to switch between legacy and updated controls mid-gameplay correct? I want to try out the tank controls and see what all the fuss is about.

That's the most romantic thing I have read in a long long time.

strafer

Watching my friend play it because I already beat it on the GCN.

He's playing on Easy (the setting that is in the middle) and he used up all of his ammo on the first two zombies. Died at the mansion key trap and screamed bull shit when he had to reload a save. Then he cursed again when he saw that he has limited saves. Then he opened the front entrance and got assaulted by dogs.

I give him tips and directions when he gives up. He just got the real mansion key though but he has no more saves so he has has to play at a stretch until he finds some ribbons.

He says the game is suspenseful and tense but very cheap due to game design (cheap as in unfair). He's playing on the new controls and the only RE games he has played are RE4-6.

I did this. :D

Daffy Duck

Whats the closest control scheme to the PS1 game?

I seem to rememeber someone posting in the other thread about remember to switch the controls to a certain 1.

Top Bottom