• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Bl@de

Ahh. Gave in and bought it. Downloaded. Started. Everything still awesome like it's 2002. Them nostalgia feels. Couldn't resist and also got it on PS3/PS4 crossbuy^^ Because now I have every mainline RE on the PS3 (except 0 for now). Definetly a great job from Capcom and it's great to see that people like a game like this.
secretly hoping for RE2make

So far:

RE1/REmaster/4/6/Revelations on PC
REmake/RE0/RE4 on GC
RE1DC/REmaster/2/3/CVX/4/5/6 on PS3 (RE1DC includes PAL and Dualshock Edition with the awesome OST)
REmaster on PS4 (which I don't have yet^^)

Am i crazy?^^

Grief.exe

Oh wow, just read a bit of the DF analysis thread, I shouldn't have.

Looks like I'm the only one who thinks the game looks and plays great on PS4, apparently this port is the worst thing ever.

That thread is literal batshit.

Ahh. Gave in and bought it. Downloaded. Started. Everything still awesome like it's 2002. Them nostalgia feels. Couldn't resist and also got it on PS3/PS4 crossbuy^^ Because now I have every mainline RE on the PS3 (except 0 for now). Definetly a great job from Capcom and it's great to see that people like a game like this.
secretly hoping for RE2make

So far:

REmake/RE0/RE4 on GC
RE1DC/REmaster/2/3/CVX/4/5/6 on PS3 (RE1DC includes PAL and Dualshock Edition with the awesome OST)

Am i crazy?^^

Grab RE5 on PC when you get a chance, Capcom is on the verge of patching out GFWL.

Doing the same for DR2 and Off The Record as well, makes me yearn for a Dead Rising 1 port
and Dragon's Dogma

Oh wow, just read a bit of the DF analysis thread, I shouldn't have.

Looks like I'm the only one who thinks the game looks and plays great on PS4, apparently this port is the worst thing ever.

Yup - I stopped myself before I got too deep down the rabbit hole. I'm just going to enjoy the game that I happily paid for.

I've posted it before, but it bears repeating:

This is the best remote play experience I've had on PS4/Vita so far. The nature of the way the buttons are set up with the default control scheme means you don't have to really use backtouch, the performance doesn't appear to really take a hit, and the game looks damn good on the Vita screen.

Give it a shot!

Neff

I'm quite disappointed by the PS4 version. The 1080p detail is glorious, but the aspect ratio is definitely off vertically (the PS3 version is fine though), with tiny black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, and seriously, what the fuck is this

ZGo2Z1.jpg

According to my PS4, the full game is downloaded to my HD, and there are no active downloads in my queue.

Manu

I'm quite disappointed by the PS4 version. The 1080p detail is glorious, but the aspect ratio is definitely off vertically (the PS3 version is fine though), with tiny black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, and seriously, what the fuck is this

ZGo2Z1.jpg

According to my PS4, the full game is downloaded to my HD, and there are no active downloads in my queue.

Have you tried Options > Information over the game icon in the XMB? That should tell you whether the game finished downloading.

Bl@de

Grab RE5 on PC when you get a chance, Capcom is on the verge of patching out GFWL.

Doing the same for DR2 and Off The Record as well, makes me yearn for a Dead Rising 1 port
and Dragon's Dogma

Yeah waiting for the GfWL patch before I pick it up.

Btw. Modern controls are crap in a lot of situations. You start glitching around in hyperspace when you try to run in a circle while the perspective changes. Tank controls are just the perfect fit. But I really like the 16:9 version.

yatesl

Oh, and because everyone loves a good cheat

Infinite ribbons for PC. Download cheatengine, and edit the address 2D2F443C to however many you want. I'm not sure if you have to be in the item screen with your select box on it - I've not tried it without it highlighted.

I'm not saying you do that, but just something for someone who doesn't like the save system...

Grief.exe

Hopefully the success of this puts a potential REmake 2 on the table.
Do the environments in 3D similar to the remade 'coffin' room in this release.

ZGo2Z1.jpg

It is still downloading

check options -> Information

it is 15GB download

joe2187

Banned
Oh, and because everyone loves a good cheat

Infinite ribbons for PC. Download cheatengine, and edit the address 2D2F443C to however many you want. I'm not sure if you have to be in the item screen with your select box on it - I've not tried it without it highlighted.

I'm not saying you do that, but just something for someone who doesn't like the save system...

Just play on very easy its the same thing.

Neff

Have you tried Options > Information over the game icon in the XMB? That should tell you whether the game finished downloading.

Yeah, I see it now, seems like a pretty dumb way to let me know how much of my game is downloaded, but thanks for the help all the same.

Ding-Ding

So nice to be playing a true Resident Evil again. Makes me hate even more when they went action oriented for re4 (good game but should have been a spin off)

Had to turn down the contrast on my TV to take away the edge to make it look less harsh but a small price to pay to be playing this again.

Bring on Zero, then I can finally ditch the GC

Jesb

Not sure why, but for some reason steam is not letting me buy anything. Telling me the servers are down or something I never seen before. Anyone else run into this issue recently?

Bumhead

Banned
It is still downloading

check options -> Information

it is 15GB download

Hmm.

Just noticed this myself. It downloaded the initial 3GB or whatever then let me play the game. Problem is I'm having some really weird audio glitches. Some missing and sporadic effects and music.

Down to the fact it's not fully downloaded yet?

Hmm.

Just noticed this myself. It downloaded the initial 3GB or whatever then let me play the game. Problem is I'm having some really weird audio glitches. Some missing and sporadic effects and music.

Down to the fact it's not fully downloaded yet?

Probably

I am letting it fully download first before i play it

I am playing Code Veronica to waste time while it downloads

Lernaean

Banned
Am i crazy?^^

No. Or you are and i am too.

I was thinking about it too, as it is the only Steam RE i don't have, but I'll wait for GFWL to be patched out first, and if i know right the Steam version doesn't have 'Lost in Nightmares', right? They definitely need to include that if i am to buy it.

strafer

and Dragon's Dogma

Any ETA when that is done?

DrKelpo

Banned
jesus... i played for 4-5 hours straight, i think :D

i never finished resi 1 and for the first entered the
forest with that damn chained up thing in the cabin
i had to stop for a second and had to push myself to continue.

such a fantastic game, the atmosphere, the details, just awesome.

So far:

REmake/RE0/RE4 on GC

Am i crazy?^^

C'mon man... wheres the dead aim and outbreak series? Or the handheld versions?

I got them all except for the sega saturn version :(

I've posted it before, but it bears repeating:

This is the best remote play experience I've had on PS4/Vita so far. The nature of the way the buttons are set up with the default control scheme means you don't have to really use backtouch, the performance doesn't appear to really take a hit, and the game looks damn good on the Vita screen.

Give it a shot!

This is good to know. The other RE's play and look fantastic on Vita.

Daffy Duck

I don't supposevthe original fmv from the ps1 is unlock able/Easter egg content is it?

I love that so much. It's a shame don't get the guy walking down the corridor either or the original resident evil voice at the start

Mr_Zombie

Damn, I don't remember this game being so hard. I was killed in just two attacks by the zombie in the mirror corridor (playing as Jill). First set of bites gave me dark orange caution status, second attack killed me instantly. :|

Is there a way to bind two functions under the same key? I'm trying to play the game just like I played all the other classic RE games, but the separation of attack and examine function screw this up. Now I have to have attack under "C" and examine under "Space", where they were previously both under "C". Also, Run button doesn't work as cancel in inventory anymore. :(

Hopefully the success of this puts a potential REmake 2 on the table.
Do the environments in 3D similar to the remade 'coffin' room in this release.

I have been dreaming of REmake 2 for over ten years -- since the moment the GameCube release (which ended up being a port) of RE2 was announced. It's hard for me to believe that there is a legitimate chance of it happening! If nothing else, I would love to have digital versions of RE2/RE3 available for Steam ala FFVII/FFVIII! Then again, maybe I should be careful with what I wish for.

shinjilaughing.JPG

Pilgrimzero

Capcom and Square probably get together once in a while over coffee and laugh about all the RE2 and FF7 remake chatter from the fans.

Ryan_MSF

I have been dreaming of REmake 2 for over ten years -- since the moment the GameCube release (which ended up being a port) of RE2 was announced. It's hard for me to believe that there is a legitimate chance of it happening! If nothing else, I would love to have digital versions of RE2/RE3 available for Steam ala FFVII/FFVIII! Then again, maybe I should be careful with what I wish for.

shinjilaughing.JPG

You just brought back all the pain, i liked you man ):

Top Bottom