• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Grief.exe

I have been dreaming of REmake 2 for over ten years -- since the moment the GameCube release (which ended up being a port) of RE2 was announced. It's hard for me to believe that there is a legitimate chance of it happening! If nothing else, I would love to have digital versions of RE2/RE3 available for Steam ala FFVII/FFVIII! Then again, maybe I should be careful with what I wish for.

shinjilaughing.JPG

Capcom and Square probably get together once in a while over coffee and laugh about all the RE2 and FF7 remake chatter from the fans.

You just brought back all the pain, i liked you man ):

Technically Capcom has the groundwork in place with REmake's release.

Have the pipeline laid out from REmake's port to MT Framework (engine, animations, models, etc), engine functions on PS3/PS4, 360, XBO, and PC, and already have systems in place to create 3D backgrounds (coffin room).

Could be easily done on a small budget.

Can't wait to possibly play this on Wednesday night. Thursday I'm cooking dinner for a girl I've just started to date and then I'm gone on Friday, all the way until the following Friday. And really when I get back my work is going to be insane, so I might not get around to play this for a while :( :( :(

RPGCrazied

I tried it just to see what it was like for a little. Had to go back to 4:3. Probably just what I am used to.

PS4 version got a limited edition retail release in Japan only AFAIK.

Yeah, not supporting this. First RE 4 HD, then Okami, now this. Quit being cheap Capcom and print bluray discs.

NZNova

Playing this again has reminded me how much I loved both this and RE Zero. I sure hope they port Zero over as well, that would be awesome.

Truant

I seriously expected waaayyyy less from the graphics, good job, Capcom.

10848749_1016315311718045_1838605171427409818_o.jpg

10931183_1016425978373645_5355831593889960523_o.jpg

PS4 version.

You just posted screenshot of two of the very few screens that they actually re-modelled in 3D.

The new control-scheme feels like cheating, but I can't go back to ye olde tanke controls. Some of the areas look downright terrible, and others look fantastic. Character models hold up well. All in all a solid job considering the price, and what they had to work with.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to possibly play this on Wednesday night. Thursday I'm cooking dinner for a girl I've just started to date and then I'm gone on Friday, all the way until the following Friday. And really when I get back my work is going to be insane, so I might not get around to play this for a while :( :( :(

Haha I'm in the opposite situation. My gf was visiting me over the weekend and flew back today, just in time for some sweet REmake action. Still debating whether or not to get this but I've been watching some streams today and I'm remembering how much fun the original GC version was.

Playing this again has reminded me how much I loved both this and RE Zero. I sure hope they port Zero over as well, that would be awesome.

If I'm not mistaken there was a rumor flying around that someone found some RE0 HD files somewhere (on Steam maybe?), which indicates that Capcom may be working on an RE0 remaster.

That would be amazing, since I never got to play RE0.

I personally don't like losing screen space from the top and bottom in 16:9. But to each their own.

I normally hate it because it means you aren't experiencing the "true" vision of the game, and I honestly expected to play in 4:3, but after trying both the 4:3 image just felt too...small, I guess?

But yeah, preferences.

harder than i remember... i keep dying.

lol

I forgot how much a zombie bite can hurt in this game. I also didn't know you couldn't use defensive items on Forest. Lost a lot of progress on my first run.

Trying to go for the Rocket Launcher now. I really hope this run is under 3 hours. Ending question:
If you don't save anyone you get the bad ending and don't have to fight Tyrant, right?

The only time I regret not pre loading. I bought this but have no internet to download it, won't have internet for a while. Never got to play the original so I was super excited lol.

Grief.exe

You just posted screenshot of two of the very few screens that they actually re-modelled in 3D.

The new control-scheme feels like cheating, but I can't go back to ye olde tanke controls. Some of the areas look downright terrible, and others look fantastic. Character models hold up well. All in all a solid job considering the price, and what they had to work with.

The textures for the models have all be redone as well.

Joey Ravn

Banned
For a complete and total newbie of the franchise, who will nevertheless try to play them all in order, starting with this one... tank controls or modern controls?

I really hate tank controls, but I guess I should get used to them as soon as possible if I'm going to play 2, 3 CVX and Zero, right?

Ricker

I wonder if people playing this for the first time and never got spoiled on that first ''jump out of your seat'' moment,will actually be scared lol...to this day I still remember that moment and my panic and death because of it lol...

DukeBobby

Just got the Shotgun and so far no Crimson Heads. Burning as many fuckers as I can.

Well, at least I'm prepared now....

Fuck, I'm nervous. I'm not surprised I gave up playing it 12 years ago. I'm still a massive wimp.

Unai

I think it's incredible how the menus are smoothier than I remembered. Probably a result of playing at 120 FPS (forced 120Hz through driver) instead of 30.

Too bad we can't use DSR, and the in game anti-aliasing is not very good, even if it only need to be applied to the characters.

Cudder

Don't know what to do. I've opened all doors with the sword key, and in my item chest I have an imitation key, blue gem, wooden mount, and chemical to use on plants. What do I do next? No idea where to use these items..

Kssio_Aug

To unlock samurai edge I have to play it on Normal difficult, right? How hard is to do it? Just to know if I should try in my 1st playthrough. My game is finishing downloading right now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
To unlock samurai edge I have to play it on Normal difficult, right? How hard is to do it?

Not very.

Just to know if I should try in my 1st playthrough. My game is finishing downloading right now.

If you have never played the game before, don't bother. You're going to be WAY over the 5 hour time limit (and 3 hour limit for the Rocket Launcher) to even bother with it. Just enjoy the first playthrough. Don't speed it.

To unlock samurai edge I have to play it on Normal difficult, right? How hard is to do it? Just to know if I should try in my 1st playthrough. My game is finishing downloading right now.

I have played and finished RE1 and REmake like 100 times(haven't played REmake in about 10 years though.),
I finished in around 7-8 hours with Chris on Normal.

Also pretty sure pauses count in time.

I'd say play normal once then try to speed for weapons.

Melchiah

If you don't burn them/blow their head off when they are dead they will come back to life

faster & stronger

Goddam it startled me when one of them jumped up. Luckily there was a door nearby. I dreaded going back, but it was seemingly gone when I returned. I deliberately left one zombie lying in the corridor by the statue, which was barricaded with a drawer. It was kinda funny seeing it trying to get to me from behind the drawer after it had changed.

I have to say, that after all these years the item juggling feels even more tiresome. The same goes for the ink ribbon system, and repeating longer sequences after dying. Love the exploring and the atmosphere though.

Any mods to unlock costumes yet? Having to beat the game twice to unlock RE3 Jill is lame.
I totally forgot about the BSAA costumes. Is there no way to change while in the game? Only at the start on the character select screen?
I hope someone makes a mod that allows custom change at will.

Top Bottom