• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

MMaRsu

Right so after starting a new game with standard ( original ) controls with Chris, I died to the first zombie in the hallway lol. I only had a knife is that right? I stabbed it a bunch but it didnt went down and he killed me straight up haha. Do I just run past him or what? I already picked up the crest :). Its been a looooong time REmake :). This game is awesome though. Played it on the gamecube first, never played the original back in the days. Except for Code:Veronica I never really played the first three RE games untill REmake came out. I bought this to show support that I hope Capcom will make RE2 remake.

Do you guys recommend playing with the new or the original controls?

dmr87

Right so after starting a new game with standard ( original ) controls with Chris, I died to the first zombie in the hallway lol. I only had a knife is that right? I stabbed it a bunch but it didnt went down and he killed me straight up haha. Do I just run past him or what? I already picked up the crest :). Its been a looooong time REmake :). This game is awesome though.

Don't bother with the knife, and original controls with control scheme B baby.

HeelPower

i don't know, man
you have to weigh the pros/cons

if you pick chris you get fucking rebecca
barry is 2987423987x better

About Barry
does the number of times he saves you and supplies he drops in the save room vary with difficulty ? He saved me after I died from the snake once.

Audioboxer

It has a lock symbol on the content and tells me you should purchase the game to access it.

Is there a way I can fix this ?

Maybe I need to get used to the game more ,but I had huge difficulty dealing with dogs.

They never gave me that much trouble in RE2 and 3.

Whatever account you've bought it off must be active as the primary account on the PS4 you're using to let you play the game under other accounts on that PS4. If it's not set as primary only the account you've bought it off can play it.

Settings -> PSN -> Primary account or something similar. Set it as active on the account it's bought from and then any other account on the PS4 can play it.

Right so after starting a new game with standard ( original ) controls with Chris, I died to the first zombie in the hallway lol. I only had a knife is that right? I stabbed it a bunch but it didnt went down and he killed me straight up haha. Do I just run past him or what? I already picked up the crest :). Its been a looooong time REmake :). This game is awesome though.

Yeah just run past him. Run past most enemies if you can. Try control type B if you're not using it already. Closest thing to the original controls.

HeelPower

Whatever account you've bought it off must be active as the primary account on the PS4 you're using to let you play the game under other accounts on that PS4. If it's not set as primary only the account you've bought it off can play it.

Settings -> PSN -> Primary account or something similar. Set it as active on the account it's bought from and then any other account on the PS4 can play it.

Thank you so much.

I guess I missed on trophies though.That sucked.

Inventory is so small at the beginning, I had to waste a full clip of ammo to make room for an item I needed. I think I'm playing this on easy, there are plants everywhere lol.

tesqui

Wonder if GB will have a quick look up?

Also been playing for a little bit, and some of the backgrounds are ATROCIOUS looking. Especially when you enter the graveyard area. That filter doesn't really help anything. Just makes it look like a smudged mess.

dmr87

Also think about what you're writing in here, people are playing for the first time. Use them spoiler tags.

Inventory is so small at the beginning, I had to waste a full clip of ammo to make room for an item I needed. I think I'm playing this on easy, there are plants everywhere lol.

It goes in this order when you choose difficulty

Normal
Easy
Very Easy

Kssio_Aug

Ive never played this before. One thing I like however, in RE 4 and 5, is that after finishing the game once you get some rewards that helps a lot your second playthrough. There is something like that in this one?

Grief.exe

Great, I picked up some shotgun shells and I have no shotgun.

How can I discard items from the inventory?

Just keep playing until you find an item box, shouldn't take too long.

Hint: leave the wooden emblem at the beginning, you will need it much later and it is in the perfect spot.

joe2187

Banned
Ive never played this before. One thing I like however, in RE 4 and 5, is that after finishing the game once you get some rewards that helps a lot your second playthrough. There is something like that in this one?

finish in 5 hours or less to unlock the Infinite Samurai Edge (weskers signature gun)

finish in 3 hours or less to unlock the infinite Rocket launcher.

You get increasingly challenging difficulties unlocked with each playthrough as well as a costume for the character you beat the game with.

tesqui

There's a bunch of crazy unlocks at the end of this game! ( depending on difficulty, time, and other variables.)

Parsnip

Ammo seems more scarce than what I remember.
Maybe I should start again on easier difficulty.
I'm a casualty of casual gaming.

Melchiah

Is this a screenshot from Silent Hill: The Room 2?

I like it. :D

No bloody bunnies here though. ;)

started on normal difficulty and it feels like hard compared to other classic RE games or am I rusty after 12 years ?
I have no problems with controls, using type B scheme feels pretty good.

Seems like it. Just noticed, that two zombie bites are enough to kill you, and killing one of them can take up to ten pistol rounds. I'm now hesitating about whether to continue or to set it to a lower level.

I'm also avoiding to kill the zombies due to... well, the veterans know why.

nowarning

Just downloading it now, found a key for £10.99 which is a decent discount over the Steam price, gonna take about 40mins @ 6.5mb/s. Come onnnnn

tesqui

started on normal difficulty and it feels like hard compared to other classic RE games or am I rusty after 12 years ?
I have no problems with controls, using type B scheme feels pretty good.

I believe Chris can take more of a hit than jill. However jill has a bigger inventory space.

I guess I am playing on easy or what ?

I chose the hiking difficulty :v

I'm not sure about the supplies he drops,
but the number of time he saves you has nothing to do with the difficulty.

If you let Richard die from the poison, Barry drags you to the save room after you've been poisened yourself.

He burns Plant 42 if you made V-Jolt, otherwise you have to destroy it yourself.

Kssio_Aug

finish in 5 hours or less to unlock the Infinite Samurai Edge (weskers signature gun)

finish in 3 hours or less to unlock the infinite Rocket launcher.

You get increasingly challenging difficulties unlocked with each playthrough as well as a costume for the character you beat the game with.

I guess those infinity ammo rewards doesnt apply to easy mode, right?

There's a bunch of crazy unlocks at the end of this game! ( depending on difficulty, time, and other variables.)

Thanks!

I may buy it tonight! I like games with NG+ or something that gives a good replayability.

Been playing for 20 min and I'm starting to ask myself why they don't make games like this anymore, I forgot how good this game is or these types of games, I rather this then another generic shooter any day.
Read the German gamepro review, then you know why. Most people are just not up to this any more. Sadly.... I'd take a new classic RE anyday everday.

My first challenge was trying to walk in a straight line. I think I've got the hang to it now, but it definitely adds to the suspense when you're trying to escape from a zombie and you're moving in the wrong direction. Then the aiming....

Neff

Does mashing the controls and sticks do anything when a zombie grabs you or a dog has you pinned down to the ground?

Yeah, it gets them off you sooner rather than later. Exact same principle and execution as Street Fighter. Wiggle the pad and mash buttons to break free.

MMaRsu

Thanks guys for all the advice. I put it on type B and that controls even better. It all came back to me, I got the gun and right now I have all health left and not a single herb used and I acquired the Sword key but I have already used up all my ink ribbons which was a dumb thing to do. I am loving this game though, a timeless classic!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Right so after starting a new game with standard ( original ) controls with Chris, I died to the first zombie in the hallway lol. I only had a knife is that right? I stabbed it a bunch but it didnt went down and he killed me straight up haha. Do I just run past him or what? I already picked up the crest :). Its been a looooong time REmake :). This game is awesome though. Played it on the gamecube first, never played the original back in the days. Except for Code:Veronica I never really played the first three RE games untill REmake came out. I bought this to show support that I hope Capcom will make RE2 remake.

A long time ago there were complete runs of players just using the knife. It takes some practice and some aiming of course. I'm not even sure on damage output. I would try to dodge, run away, or strategically maneuver around each swing. Try not to get caught.

The knife is the weakest weapon in the game and shouldn't be used to take on enemies directly. It best for the very beginning of the game when player start with nearly no ammunition. The knife can be stored in the item box once the player reaches the first save room.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Knife

I try to use it when they're downed.

In Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, on Hard mode, takes 14 hits to defeat zombies

Grief.exe

Been playing for 20 min and I'm starting to ask myself why they don't make games like this anymore, I forgot how good this game is or these types of games, I rather this then another generic shooter any day.

Read the German gamepro review, then you know why. Most people are just not up to this any more. Sadly.... I'd take a new classic RE anyday everday.

It's just sad. These type of games are amazing from a design and execution standpoint.

I am guessing the difficulties are easy, normal and hard? I thought it was very easy, easy and normal. Ii managed to die 4 times on the top difficulty, one for each zombie encounter.
Either I have got soft or this game is harder than I was expecting. I am going to have to start again or the middle setting.

I am guessing the difficulties are easy, normal and hard? I thought it was very easy, easy and normal. Ii managed to die 4 times on the top difficulty, one for each zombie encounter.
Either I have got soft or this game is harder than I was expecting. I am going to have to start again or the middle setting.

I think it's Normal, Easy, and Very Easy.

I usually play games on the easy setting so I picked the lowest one, but it's too easy even for me.

An hour in and I already have like 80 handgun bullets and piles of herbs.

KorrZ

Can't wait to play this on PS4 tonight!

REmake is by far my favourite Resident Evil game and it's great to see it ported over to HD.

Top Bottom