• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

tesqui

Don't know what to do. I've opened all doors with the sword key, and in my item chest I have an imitation key, blue gem, wooden mount, and chemical to use on plants. What do I do next? No idea where to use these items..

I would focus on trying to use that imitation key somewhere.

Any mods to unlock costumes yet? Having to beat the game twice to unlock RE3 Jill is lame.
I totally forgot about the BSAA costumes. Is there no way to change while in the game? Only at the start on the character select screen?
I hope someone makes a mod that allows custom change at will.

I think it's only new game which sucks.

Debating starting my save file all over just because I want a diff costume....

Santar

Just played for a few mins, I think it looks really good so far.
But it's something about it, it just feels wrong to play on anything other than the Gamecube.
I actually get this feeling when playing a lot of the HD remasters. They games just loose something.
Take say Kingdom Hearts, which was a beautiful PS2 game, it really showed what that console could do. On the PS3 it's just another game, a rerelease of a game they hardly bothered to improve.

Nameless

As someone who beat the original multiple times, and completed a sizeable chunk of the GC version, I feel no obligation to retrain myself to suffer through the half broken, busted ass OG controls -- that badge of honor has been won & worn. In fact trying them out last night made me want to yack all over my DS4. The updated control scheme is better in every conceivable way, making what's still a beautifully atmospheric feast for the senses more palatable than ever before.

Props to the masochists out there who can suspend disbelief and play through REmake like they live in a world where rudimentary 3D controls haven't been mastered yet; you're more hardcore than me.

-MD-

As someone who beat the original multiple times, and completed a sizeable chunk of the GC version, I feel no obligation to retrain myself to suffer through the half broken, busted ass OG controls -- that badge of honor has been won & worn. In fact trying them out last night made me want to yack all over my DS4. The updated control scheme is better in every conceivable way, making what's still a beautifully atmospheric feast for the senses more palatable than ever before.

Props to the masochists out there who can suspend disbelief and play through REmake like they live in a world where rudimentary 3D controls haven't been mastered yet; you're more hardcore than me.

lol

Kssio_Aug

Not very.

If you have never played the game before, don't bother. You're going to be WAY over the 5 hour time limit (and 3 hour limit for the Rocket Launcher) to even bother with it. Just enjoy the first playthrough. Don't speed it.

I have played and finished RE1 and REmake like 100 times(haven't played REmake in about 10 years though.),
I finished in around 7-8 hours with Chris on Normal.

Also pretty sure pauses count in time.

I'd say play normal once then try to speed for weapons.

Allright! So I'm not gonna try it in my 1st playthrough. Thanks for the advice!

LifeLike

Hi remake gaf !!
Excited to replay this old title.

In the controller setup option, what is the original type?

Whats the difference between Controls alternate vs original?

Should I play in 4:3 or 16:9 ?

Thanks !!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I plan to play through this game using the alternative controls. I already beat the OG GC version using Control Type C so I feel no need to retread the tank controls just for the sake of "purity."

Hi remake gaf !!
Excited to replay this old title.

In the controller setup option, what is the original type?

Whats the difference between Controls alternate vs original?

Should I play in 4:3 or 16:9 ?

Thanks !!

It's been a while since i played the original RE but type "B" seemed closest to me (R2/R1 to aim, x to shoot)

Alternate controls = modern controls, your character moves in the direction you hit the stick

Classic controls = tank-style. You have to turn your character to the direction you want and then move forward/backward. You can not move forward/back and turn at the same time.

4:3 is the true experience, 16:9 loses parts of the frame at the top/bottom. If you want the original experience then pick 4:3, if you prefer it to fill your screen then go widescreen

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Is it just me or Chris RE5 model looks much better than REmake?
304240_2015-01-20_000h2oyb.png

304240_2015-01-20_0004ck10.png

Jharp

Sorry if it's been asked, but is there a way to use the alternate controls and not have to auto-run? I prefer the alternate method (even though, in preparation for this game, I've played Resident Evils 1-Code: Veronica over the last couple months, using the OG controls), but I also don't want to be jogging around a cramped mansion.

Is it even possible?

synce

Haha they put roid rage Chris in this game? That's interesting. I didn't even notice the costumes options until I had to restart the game.

Speaking of which what's with the poor optimization? I had no problems getting solid 60 with modern fully 3D games like TR and DmC, but I can't run a Gamecube port?

Xpliskin

Yeah I plan to play through this game using the alternative controls. I already beat the OG GC version using Control Type C so I feel no need to retread the tank controls just for the sake of "purity."

Comedy gold.

For me it's the opposite, I've been playing re games so much I'm too used to the S&M controls.

Neptune is so beautiful, I wish he was my pet. Look at that cute face

Neff

Don't do this.

Although yes, we are.

Neff

Holy shit it is.

Not supposed to go back.

If you've 'lost' Barry by that point, you basically have to though, right?

I'm not sure since I always play for Team Barry, but I seem to remember having to get the shotgun the proper way with Jill in the original once.

349.gif

If you think that's the reason we are playing the OG controls then LOL, the fucking game was built around the OG controls. The new control scheme just straight breaks up the game by making you move over everything at the speed of light while you keep adjusting your direction after every camera angle change.

Xpliskin

If you've 'lost' Barry by that point, you basically have to though, right?

I'm not sure since I always play for Team Barry, but I seem to remember having to get the shotgun the proper way with Jill in the original once.

Ah wait.

Yea Jill can pick-up the
broken shotgun

You could go back to place it.

This would be an implicit death then.

But by losing Barry you mean
get killed by lisa
?

I spoke too quickly, the shotgun can be picked up at any point during the game.

Shows how deep these games are.

There's nothing broken about them at all.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You're not supposed to be able to re-enter the
shotgun
room after you
trigger the ceiling

It's a glitch afaik.

I did it! Got the rocket launcher with a time of 2:57. Messed up the first time and got 3:03, but that was because I forgot to pick up a key off a certain baddie. Thank god I had a previous save file at the beginning of the Lab.

Don't know if I want to got through the other modes though. Invisible enemy mode wasn't too bad, but does the game require you to be real survival mode for platinum?

Wait, so the highest difficulty available is normal? I thought the first option was hard.
Can you change the difficulty when starting NG+? I don't remember.

Top Bottom