• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Game runs like crap on my PC. I see lots of people reporting problems with performance. My PC should easily be able to handle this, but no matter which settings I use, it runs too slowly. Reminds me of how RE4 ran on my previous PC.

The glitch he's referring to (asking about) is Barry not coming. And being able to re-enter the shotgun room.
It's not a glitch though. It's been that way since the original - if you find Forrest with Barry first, then he won't be there to save you from that room and you have to get the shotgun the legitimate way (replacing with broken shotgun found in basement).

Kssio_Aug

Allright, here goes a resume of my current playthrough, that wont take much longer it seems. lol

I started, and did everything right until I got a blue gem, then I started to search where I had to go. So I had the sublime idea to try getting out of the mansion at the front door, and got attacked by a dog, HOWEVER thanks to my awesome skills
(alternative controls)
I was able to dodge and kill it. Then I discovered that door at the main stairs, and went at that cemetery outside of the mansion... however, there the zombies got me 3 times (I had no defensive weapons anymore) and got a shotgun ammo, that I wont use since I dont have a shotgun.

Now I think I have found my way, and also found some herbs and piostol ammo. BUT it seems I cant drop anything and my inventory is full of items. Is that right? Cant I drop anything?

Am playing with these configs:
-Alternative Controls
-Type B
-Widescreen
-Normal difficulty

Whats the word on the xbone version? Run smooth?

Am playing the XB1 versions, and it seems completely solid frame-rate.

By the way! This game looks good!!

Cudder

Allright, here goes a resume of my current playthrough, that wont take much longer it seems. lol

I started, and did everything right until I got a blue gem, then I started to search where I had to go. So I had the sublime idea to try getting out of the mansion at the front door, and got attacked by a dog, HOWEVER thanks to my awesome skills
(alternative controls)
I was able to dodge and kill it. Then I discovered that door at the main stairs, and went at that cemetery outside of the mansion... however, there the zombies got me 3 times (I had no defensive weapons anymore) and got a shotgun ammo, that I wont use since I dont have a shotgun.

Now I think I have found my way, and also found some herbs and piostol ammo. BUT it seems I cant drop anything and my inventory is full of items. Is that right? Cant I drop anything?

-Alternative Controls
-Type B
-Widescreen
-Normal difficulty

You're going to have to get to a item chest to drop off items, then head back out to gather things you saw laying on the floor. You'll be doing that a lot, granted you want to collect everything you see.

(alternative controls)

-Alternative Controls
-Type B
-Widescreen
-Normal difficulty

No, you can't. You will come across safe rooms though in the mansion (you'll know one when the calm music plays) make good use of those rooms since you can keep items in the container in said rooms and it's always good to remember where these safe rooms are so you could strategize the way you approach point A to B within the mansion. There will also be a typewritter in said room so you can save.

Kssio_Aug

You're going to have to get to a item chest to drop off items, then head back out to gather things you saw laying on the floor. You'll be doing that a lot, granted you want to collect everything you see.

No, you can't. You will come across safe rooms though in the mansion (you'll know one when the calm music plays) make good use of those rooms since you can keep items in the container in said rooms and it's always good to remember where these safe rooms are so you could strategize the way you approach point A to B within the mansion. There will also be a typewritter in said room so you can save.

Allright! Thanks!!
And I just got bitten by a zombie and died! lol Will need to start again cause I have not saved to keep my inks.

I was playing in normal (the 1st option), and thats my first time playing this game, ever! I've only played Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5.

Would be a good idea to play on easy or very easy?

I think this would be far less tedious, if they had just put an item box in the main hall.

How about Real Survivor mode then? The containers would not be linked so whatever you put in said container will only be in that container.

Good to hear...yeah Im gonna bite.

You won't be disappointed.

re_1_remake_04.gif

iNvIO9gVYB0t6.gif

I meant the normal mode only. An extra box in the main hall would work wonders.

It would make things too easy, I think this works best in the games interest because it really gets the person to think about the best way to get from one place to the next in the mansion that would have a safe room on the way.

Should I be aiming for headshots on zombies? I don't remember having such a hard time getting them as a kid haha. Jill aims that gun so high.

Should I be aiming for headshots on zombies? I don't remember having such a hard time getting them as a kid haha. Jill aims that gun so high.

No, only when you have a shotgun though. With the handgun you should just shoot and pray one of the bullets will end up being a critical hit which ends with the zombie's head blown off. Chris has a higher chance of dealing a critical hit than Jill.

You can't aim for headshots with the handgun. It's a random chance. You can aim the shotgun up for a higher chance for a headshot. Still random.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyway. You always had to leave something behind did you not? That's the way i remembered it. Either way it's pretty self explanatory.

Nope. Chris has to do that.

Jill doesn't. EXCEPT if she's getting it later on and
Barry is dead
. In Jill's case you can EASILY get the shotgun in the first ~20 mins of the game and "sequence break" that item.

Finally after all these years I can play this damn game. Been waiting since it came out in the GameCube. This game is definitely one of the best games I have ever played. Nothing came close to it when it originally released on the Ps1. I'm a happy camper.

Kssio_Aug

Did the same playthrough again, much better since I did not made the same mistakes as before. Still I wasted like 5~6 handgun ammo at a zombie, killed another one with 3 or 4, and went to the next room. When I came back the zombie I shot the hell out was still alive, and got me twice, wasting my two defensive knives.

Today I have to sleep early, otherwise I would keep trying, but then I stopped and will go back tomorrow.

I'm enjoying it! Seems a very clever game! Still deciding if I should play it in a lower difficulty though.

Ok thanks. That was confusing the hell out of me.

-----

Also WTH playing on Very Easy mode and Barry didn't save me.
I thought that was a freebie on baby mode.

I was playing on normal and didn't meet Barry anywhere else first. Just got the sword key then went straight to the shotgun room. Barry never showed up. :[

gelf

Despise having played the game a lot I wasn't aware you can avoid having Barry save you in REmake, I thought that was just the in original. Maybe I just tended to play with Chris more. I wonder if I missed anything else now.

Jawmuncher

At least now I know you have to check both doors.
Don't recall that at all. Oh well decided to just start with Chris on Nomal and go back to jill when I want to run through it. Since I beat her path before on gamecube.

As for the timer, does it pause when you pause the game or no?
I recall Directors Cut did I think or at least one of the games did.

Audette

Looking at the video of Barry not coming to Jill's aid. I think the problem is that some people have gone too far and already triggered a second encounter with berry before attempting the trap room.

I have the PS3 japanese release never had this issue playing it, came to my aid everytime.

In that video Jill already had the acid rounds, so I think the player had gone too far to have Barry come back. That's just my educated guess though.

Think I might go for this. I remember having this for the first Playstation back in 1996. Never played the Gamecube version. Quick question, does it still have that evil sounding voice that says 'Resident Evil' when you hit start from the main menu? Thanks...

The save system is really pushing me toward dropping the game. Not enjoying losing all my progress over and over. I tolerated it way better 15 years ago.

The save system is really pushing me toward dropping the game. Not enjoying losing all my progress over and over. I tolerated it way better 15 years ago.

Lol ya it takes getting used to again for sure. Auto saves have spoiled me. I recently ran out of ink ribbons and was playing for probably 1 1/2 hrs before finding another. Thought I was going to die and have to redo everything

Kssio_Aug

I'm not sure cause I've played just the start. But once you learn where to go and what is in your way, doesnt it get much easier? So if you die and restart from your last save point, couldnt you reach your previous progress without much problems?

Lazulic

I'm sorry if this question has been asked numerous times, but what settings would you guys recommend for someone who's coming in new? Original screen and original controls, or the updated versions of each? I'll be using a controller most likely.

Top Bottom