• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Are you playing with tank controls? I used the alternante control and to dodge the dog from the front door was quite easy (was using Chris, if that makes any difference).

By the way. Wich is harder to use, Chris or Jill?

Chris. Jill is probably the better choice if it's your first time playing.

So yeah this game is pretty damn good. I played REmake for maybe 30 minutes on a friend's GameCube back in the day, but put dozens upon dozens of hours in the original so everything is familiar yet alien at the same time. The woods/cabin part threw me for a loop because I had no idea what was happening.
Anyway, stopping the game for tonight as I returned to the mansion
and got murdered by two Hunters outside the save room door

Kssio_Aug

Chris. Jill is probably the better choice if it's your first time playing.

Allright! Thanks!!

I play with the new controls and it is still hard for me :(

Ive played just a little, but it seems to me is all about learning where, when and how to reach the next destination. So, your first try may have been a disaster, but once you try again you will remember wheres the trap, that you should not open the front door, and learn how to avoid or how to kill that zombie.

But, like I said, I played just a little, and as Chris. And I wasted 5 or 6 shots to THINK I killed a zombie, to then, when came back to the same room, realize that he was still alive wasting two more denfensive knives. T-T

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was recording my first playthrough of Remaster, and just editing now and decided to make a quick gif of a moment I experienced early in. I don't even know how this happened.

giphy.gif

My fucking bullet not only knocked the zombie in front of me down at the last moment, it then shoots straight through to the zombie behind it and makes its head explode.

How do you play Hard Mode?

I thought Mountain Climbing was hard mode at first but i guess it was normal difficulty.

Same happened to me. I forgot they added an extra easy mode so I thought the highest option was hard. Didn't want to play on easy but I'm not starting over, I'm going to play through multiple times so I'll save the higher difficulties for the next playthroughs.

You can change the difficulty when starting NG+ right?

Started this up tonight. I've already died a few times. Avoiding zombies seems difficult so far. Some of the hallways are just too narrow. I've tried to avoid killing them until I get the kerosene and lighter, but I got tagged a few times.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How does the kerosene work exactly? I wasn't sure if I needed it so I left it in my storage box.

If you kill a zombie without getting a head-shot, its body will lay crumpled on the ground. If you have kerosene and a lighter, you can burn the bodies.

The reason why you want to burn the bodies, you'll find out later if you don't already know.

Damn, Chris really does have more health than, Jill. Before I killed the dogs for the collar, Chris got chewed on by them at least three times, and was still in the green. Jill would've been dead.

duck_sauce

If you kill a zombie without getting a head-shot, its body will lay crumpled on the ground. If you have kerosene and a lighter, you can burn the bodies.

The reason why you want to burn the bodies, you'll find out later if you don't already know.

I have kerosene and a lighter but i cant use it on dead zombies. :/

I was recording my first playthrough of Remaster, and just editing now and decided to make a quick gif of a moment I experienced early in. I don't even know how this happened.

giphy.gif

My fucking bullet not only knocked the zombie in front of me down at the last moment, it then shoots straight through to the zombie behind it and makes its head explode.

I think the zombie in front just gets tripped up by the zombie in backs exploding head. Pretty sure handgun shots don't go through zombies. Cool moment though!

Damn, Chris really does have more health than, Jill. Before I killed the dogs for the collar, Chris got chewed on by them at least three times, and was still in the green. Jill would've been dead.

Are you a goner when the dogs pin you down to the ground and attack you? I was mashing the buttons and moving the sticks but they wouldn't get off and I ended up dieing. I didn't have time to shoot them once I blew the whistle.

televator

How does the kerosene work exactly? I wasn't sure if I needed it so I left it in my storage box.

Zombies get really pissed if you forget to kill them proper and don't blow off their heads. Best kill them with fire when that happens... it's the only way to be sure. Mmmmkay?

When possible just dodge/outrun zombies. If you must attack them make blowing off their heads with the shotgun the go to move. If you drop them with head in tact get the kerosene, but it's limited refills so you wanna not rely on it too much.

Zombies get really pissed if you forget to kill them proper and don't blow off their heads. Best kill them with fire when that happens... it's the only way to be sure. Mmmmkay?

When possible just dodge/outrun zombies. If you must attack them make blowing off their heads with the shotgun the go to move. If you drop them with head in tact get the kerosene, but it's limited refills so you wanna not rely on it too much.

Bit hard though connecting with head shots because of the controls. I've only managed I think one so far.

Are you a goner when the dogs pin you down to the ground and attack you? I was mashing the buttons and moving the sticks but they wouldn't get off and I ended up dieing. I didn't have time to shoot them once I blew the whistle.

Fortunately, I've always had a defensive item when that happened. Seen some LPs of what you described happen. Glitch maybe? I've found that rotating the left analog stick works a little better for me.

Rflagg

Same happened to me. I forgot they added an extra easy mode so I thought the highest option was hard. Didn't want to play on easy but I'm not starting over, I'm going to play through multiple times so I'll save the higher difficulties for the next playthroughs.

You can change the difficulty when starting NG+ right?

Holy crap mind blown. I must really be out of practice if mountain climbing is normal, I don't remember it being this hard when I played the original (psone) I have never played the Remake. I am right before the
giant snake battle and the only thing that gave me any hope of a platinum was the fact I was playing on "hard" sigh.

Audioboxer

Still early on on my first playthrough of the game (the REmake, I've played RE classic). Just wondering do our Crimson buddies get any sort of explanation/lore? Or are they simply added in REmake for added difficulty/tension?

Still early on on my first playthrough of the game (the REmake, I've played RE classic). Just wondering do our Crimson buddies get any sort of explanation/lore? Or are they simply added in REmake for added difficulty/tension?

There are files that explain their origins do yes their back stories get fleshed out.

I'm tempted to grab the PS4 version (even though I own the physical PS3 release). Is the graphical upgrade that noticeable to those that have both versions?

lutheran

Haven't had time to look through all of these pages, did they change anything at all with the game besides how it looks? Puzzle changes? Items hidden in different areas etc? TIA..

liquidtmd

Banned
What was the point of it? New story? Future plot points? More history on Wesker?

The story of a simple double / triple agent who gets torn apart and then resurrected and then injected with a super mega virus who develops Matrix style powers becoming intent on TOTAL GLOBAL SATURATI....yeeah I'm good without

Hated the evolution and continual progress of Wesker and never got the love.

I'm playing this on the Xbox One and the surround sound is really good. It especially benefits because of the frequent camera angle changes, so you always have a unique directional aspect to it.

Hearing the groans of a zombie coming from the rear left speaker, then dramatically switching to the rear right as you move through a corridor is really, really cool.

I've tested it yesterday on PC; the 60fps are pretty cool, I hope I can ditch my GC version now for good.
BTW somebody mentioned there was a sound glitch between the Rebecca and Chris scene is playing when Richard is laying the room after injected with the serum.
Is the glitch still there with the music ?
Edit: Oh yeah, is the quick reload button for weapons new ? Or was that in the GC already ? I'm not sure.

I'm playing this on the Xbox One and the surround sound is really good. It especially benefits because of the frequent camera angle changes, so you always have a unique directional aspect to it.

Hearing the groans of a zombie coming from the rear left speaker, then dramatically switching to the rear right as you move through a corridor is really, really cool.

That sounds great (no pun intended). I've packed away my surround system though, just no place for it now.

Fuck yes, I can attest to that. It's superb.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Allright! Thanks!!

Ive played just a little, but it seems to me is all about learning where, when and how to reach the next destination. So, your first try may have been a disaster, but once you try again you will remember wheres the trap, that you should not open the front door, and learn how to avoid or how to kill that zombie.

But, like I said, I played just a little, and as Chris. And I wasted 5 or 6 shots to THINK I killed a zombie, to then, when came back to the same room, realize that he was still alive wasting two more denfensive knives. T-T

There are plenty of time where the game will fool you into thinking a zombie is dead, only to have him wait and grab your leg as your walking past. The trick is to use the auto aim to detect whether or not they are actually dead. When they are on the ground, rotate/turn your character to face a different direction, then aim your gun. If your character turns around and aims in the direction of the zombie, then he's still alive. Aim down and put a few more rounds into him.

Im still like NOPE during the Black Tiger encounter. Fuck that shit.

I haveplayed thru the game 4 times and have still never done that part, I had to get someone else to do it. Thank fuck for shareplay, actually was meaning to ask, if I get someone to kill a boss for me will that lock me out of any trophies?

Valravn

This game has one of the most realistic spider animations i have ever seen. The way the legs move, the defensive stance, brrr.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sooo. Sidebar note, why did Boone tell me RE4 on steam has full controller support?! Going to try this game again after I play this REmake. RE4 is the only RE game I have briefly played before this release(played on PS2 and owned on Wii but never got far). But it's one I have always had on my list of great games I need to finish.

Afro

this is the most beautiful scene in the game. my jaw dropped. pure atmosphere. no other game can touch this.

Really hope the Silent Hills devs realize that the only thing survival horror needs to be good again is that simplicity.

Kssio_Aug

There are plenty of time where the game will fool you into thinking a zombie is dead, only to have him wait and grab your leg as your walking past. The trick is to use the auto aim to detect whether or not they are actually dead. When they are on the ground, rotate/turn your character to face a different direction, then aim your gun. If your character turns around and aims in the direction of the zombie, then he's still alive. Aim down and put a few more rounds into him.

I haveplayed thru the game 4 times and have still never done that part, I had to get someone else to do it. Thank fuck for shareplay, actually was meaning to ask, if I get someone to kill a boss for me will that lock me out of any trophies?

Thanks for the tip!! Will definitely keep that in mind!!

psychotron

Anyone on PS4 think some parts seem really washed out? Cutscenes definitely are for me, besides looking rather macro blocked. I'll have to recheck my settings.

Unai

Sooo. Sidebar note, why did Boone tell me RE4 on steam has full controller support?! Going to try this game again after I play this REmake. RE4 is the only RE game I have briefly played before this release(played on PS2 and owned on Wii but never got far). But it's one I have always had on my list of great games I need to finish.

I don't know who Boone is, but he probably says it because it's indeed true.

KageMaru

Loving the game but man it's more difficult than I remember. Running out of ammo and Jill can only take a couple bites from a zombie before dying. Might have to restart and give it another go. I'm enjoying the challenge though, you can tell how much modern games cater to the player comparatively.

Top Bottom