• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

B-Dex

B74tFq2CQAIVZbQ.jpg

._.

Disappointed sis. Playing on XBone.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I am honestly surprised RE2 has not been remade. Back when REmake was released it seemed like it would naturally be the next thing for Capcom to do. I guess it's unfair to feel entitled to another remake just because we got a remake of RE1, but still... I hope it happens someday.

WITHE1982

Is there a trick to escape from zombies in closed corridors? I always have to kill them, otherwise they get me. But I just saw one of these videos above, and the guy runs past 2 of them!

It seems as though the lunge animation results in a brief moment when the zom can safely be past as he's between motions. I'm going to try it tonight with the 1st zombie (just off the dining room) until I get it right.

Kssio_Aug

Well if you physically see how he does it, then why can't you just copy what he does?

Truth be told, there are some situations were you simply won't be able to avoid them. I try to get as close as possible, and as they lunge, walk back. During the animation I'll try to scoot past them. Sometimes it's just unavoidable.

If you approach a zombie while on some stairs, the zombie will puke on you. It's pretty easy to avoid though.

Its because the guy only ran through them! That doesnt use to work for me. But I guess he already knows where the zombies are located at the very corner, so he does that.

It seems as though the lunge animation results in a brief moment when the zom can safely be past as he's between motions. I'm going to try it tonight with the 1st zombie (just off the dining room) until I get it right.

Ill try that too!

Downloaded this on Steam last night before I went to bed. Looking forward to diving into it tonight. Hoping my new rig can run it on ultra with AA at 60fps. In any event, it will be great to return to this classic in style!

VoxPop

Downloaded this on Steam last night before I went to bed. Looking forward to diving into it tonight. Hoping my new rig can run it on ultra with AA at 60fps. In any event, it will be great to return to this classic in style!

Running it at max settings with FXAA3HQ on my old 2500K + GTX570 + 8GB Ram with zero issues. This game doesn't really require any horsepower. Enjoy!

"To be honest, I would love to remake Biohazard 3 with today's technology and skills," he continued. "However Capcom would never try that, and I am not that much of a valuable member to Capcom. The Biohazard series is created by Capcom's most elite members. It's hard to imagine myself fitting in with such a prestigious team. Even if I were to successfully work on a Biohazard 3 remake, there's already Operation Racoon City and The Umbrella Chronicles. I doubt I have any chance."

Japanese gonna Japanese. lol.

Melchiah

Is the "I like Mountains" difficulty supposed to be the same as "Medium"? bc, lol! I died after two bites.

The same thing happened to me, and I toned down the difficulty a notch, eventhough it kinda bothers me to play on easy. =/ Surprisingly those two zombies in the graveyard disappeared on easy.

I was also surprised, that the dogs can kill you in a single bite, if you don't have a defensive item. IIRC, that was different in the original.

antitrop

I am honestly surprised RE2 has not been remade. Back when REmake was released it seemed like it would naturally be the next thing for Capcom to do. I guess it's unfair to feel entitled to another remake just because we got a remake of RE1, but still... I hope it happens someday.

They still had Mikami around in 2002 to do the REmake. I suppose by time Kamiya went to Clover, RE4 came out, and the REmake had sold as poorly as it did, it didn't really make any sense.

Do I trust anyone to do a REmake style upgrade of RE2 without Kamiya? Eh, probably not.

What on earth is the button to shrug zombies off faster?

Wiggle the stick and mash the buttons like Street Fighter.

The same thing happened to me, and I toned down the difficulty a notch, eventhough it kinda bothers me to play on easy. =/ Surprisingly those two zombies in the graveyard disappeared on easy.

I was also surprised, that the dogs can kill you in a single bite, if you don't have a defensive item. IIRC, that was different in the original.

Yeah that's normal mode.
I see, yeah.. I'm gona have to play it on Easy.. . at least I won't die as quick

Cob32

So I'm gonna go for the no save, less than 3 hour trophy in one run.

Can I
use samurai edge and put the game on very easy?

Anung

Un Rama
First Jill run got a time of 7:02 so not great but I am rusty. That was with saving everyone. That was without any deaths as well :D

I was recording my first playthrough of Remaster, and just editing now and decided to make a quick gif of a moment I experienced early in. I don't even know how this happened.

giphy.gif

My fucking bullet not only knocked the zombie in front of me down at the last moment, it then shoots straight through to the zombie behind it and makes its head explode.

Oh haha I thought that was a double decap at first

Lothar

Banned
Is there anyone in this thread playing the game right now in America? You shouldn't be. Everyone knows that you play a survival horror game only at night with the lights off, right?

antitrop

Is there anyone in this thread playing the game right now in America? You shouldn't be. Everyone knows that you play a survival horror game only at night with the lights off, right?

I draped a massive fucking comforter over my bedroom window and I'm playing with headphones. :p

Lothar

Banned
I draped a massive fucking comforter over my bedroom window and I'm playing with headphones. :p

Does that really work enough? I've tried shutting out all the sunlight from my windows before. It still never feels the same. Just knowing you can walk outside at any point and it'll be bright and sunny makes a difference I find. I always have to stop playing and wait. It'd be like going to a haunted house in day time. Even if the house is completely dark inside, it wouldn't be the same.

Lettuce

Running it at max settings with FXAA3HQ on my old 2500K + GTX570 + 8GB Ram with zero issues. This game doesn't really require any horsepower. Enjoy!

Yet the 'next gen consoles' can only manager 30fps with dips!!!

On another not, is there a quick knife attack button at all?

Manu

Yet the 'next gen consoles' can only manager 30fps with dips!!!

I'm sure they can manage 60 just fine, Capcom just didn't want to put in the time to do it.

And the "framerate dips" shit is getting tiring, I've played for about six hours now and I'm yet to see a performance drop.

Anybody using RE.net? I'm looking to add some people on there to get web badges/more points but the steam/PSN friend finder seems to be broken? Here's mine if anyone wants to add me.

Going to start my second playthrough in a bit. Not sure if I'll go through with Jill again or switch over to Chris.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Playing in the daylight or in the evening doesn't really make a difference to me. I don't feel like the game is "scarier" at night, because to me it doesn't matter what my surroundings look like, only what the game environments look like.

Top Bottom