• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
TRUUUUUUU

f9d870fe4e2608179fdedeb09badf267.jpg

Halp! Is it possible to get past the first zombie as Chris on normal without leaving with danger as your health level? Slice and run? Wow, the full analogue control as opposed to tank feels awesome.

Get past the first zombie? All you need to do is run to the beginning and when you go back later the zombie is placed more out of your way.

Jawmuncher

I hope RE:Zero is done this year or early next.
If they aren't doing another big release this year RE side. RE:Zero around Halloween would be a smart idea.

Besides that though playing this like everyone else really makes me wish for a new game in this style. Wouldn't even need to be 2D backgrounds (Even though they do add a lot). Dino Crisis showed that fixed angles and 3D environments work. Hell Dino Crisis still looks pretty good all things considered.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Youtube compression does very, very terrible things to video with motion blur or film grain applied on top. I'd love to see screenshot comparisons.

Lothar

Banned
How many shots with the handgun does it take to kill a zombie? I shot him about 7 times. It didn't even phase him. He just kept coming and bit me. I just played RE2 recently. I know RE2 is not like that. 2 or 3 shots will at least make them fall.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hope RE:Zero is done this year or early next.
If they aren't doing another big release this year RE side. RE:Zero around Halloween would be a smart idea.

Besides that though playing this like everyone else really makes me wish for a new game in this style. Wouldn't even need to be 2D backgrounds (Even though they do add a lot). Dino Crisis showed that fixed angles and 3D environments work. Hell Dino Crisis still looks pretty good all things considered.

I'd like to revisit Zero since I only played through it once and don't remember much about it.

But my dream is 2 getting this treatment. pls.

Darkangel

I'm having a blast replaying this. What are people's opinions on the widescreen?

I played with it on for an hour or so and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, but the original aspect ratio is definitely the way to go. I'd say the widescreen looks decent ~70% of the time, but some areas have too much stuff cut out. It also makes it harder to see enemies and it can feel too "zoomed in."

residentevil1n8kzt.jpg

I actually think the FXAA blur helps the models blend in better.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Did a bit of tweaking with reshade and sweet FX and added some subtle lens flare and film grain, not quite done with the tweaking yet but here is a video I made showing the comparison (my settings are the first 3 clips) http://youtu.be/5c7_unaE0kA (looks even better without YouTube compression) anybody who would like to try out my settings let me know.

A little too hard on the desaturation imo. Grain looks nice tho.

Is it supposed to be this exploratory? Maybe I've gotten so used to 4 and 5 (been ages since I've played 2 and 3) that I'm kind of shocked at how little direction the game gives you. I'm not complaining, I love it. Just unexpected.

HeelPower

Is it supposed to be this exploratory? Maybe I've gotten so used to 4 and 5 (been ages since I've played 2 and 3) that I'm kind of shocked at how little direction the game gives you. I'm not complaining, I love it. Just unexpected.

Yeah.

Probably the most exploratory game in the series.Al though I do remember CV to be quite complex in terms of exploration ,but not quite as much as REmake.

Such an intense game.

zma1013

holy shit I got weirldy nostalgic all of the sudden. Seeing Leon in fixed camera view reminds me of all the early previews of RE4 that suggested the game was a traditional RE game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRZwypXMFg#t=69

Hmm, I wonder if there's anyway to get ahold of that prototype Leon model?

Really? I haven't used the regular shotgun yet. The assault shotgun uses different ammo? I guess pretty soon the shotgun will be my regular weapon in order to use up the rounds.

No, it should use the same shotgun ammo. He means, just use whatever ammo is in the old shotgun and don't reload it.

Lothar

Banned
I love that I don't know what to do at all. It's like I never even played it before. But I know I beat it on Gamecube. I don't remember a thing about it. Every room of the original is ingrained in my mind.

holy shit I got weirldy nostalgic all of the sudden. Seeing Leon in fixed camera view reminds me of all the early previews of RE4 that suggested the game was a traditional RE game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRZwypXMFg#t=69

this always intrigued me more than RE1.5 because the game was so radically different from what we got. having said that, the ghost angle with the blue lighting always looked terrible to me. i like the level design and the atmosphere, but i'd much prefer it with traditional RE enemies

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Really? I haven't used the regular shotgun yet. The assault shotgun uses different ammo? I guess pretty soon the shotgun will be my regular weapon in order to use up the rounds.

They use the same ammo type, he's just saying you should finish whatever ammo is in the regular shotgun, then switch to the assault permanently.

mattp

Which games that are PS4 and PS3 supports cross save?

PS3 and Vita yes

PS4 And Vita yes

PS4 and PS3?

literally every game that has cross save support has cross save for every platform its on. there are no games out on all 3 devices but only cross save support for 2 of them

Grief.exe

How playable is this game with mouse and keyboard? Debating getting it on steam instead of ps4.

M/KB controls are actually very good, menus and inventory work fine with the mouse.

There actually is a way to get a Gamecube controller going on the PC as well via WiiU adapter drivers + xinput wrapper.

Can someone help me?

In the residence I
filled all the bottles with water and now I see the formula on the wall. I know what to add to each one but I don't know how to remove the water from them so I can use them. Is there a sink or something I need to dump it down?

Combine.

Can someone help me?

In the residence I
filled all the bottles with water and now I see the formula on the wall. I know what to add to each one but I don't know how to remove the water from them so I can use them. Is there a sink or something I need to dump it down?

Vidpixel

I'm having an absolute blast playing through this game. I only ever played the beginning portion on the GameCube way back when, so finding my way through the mansion has been very enjoyable so far, minus some silly backtracking simply due to inventory management (playing on Normal with Jill).

I will say though, I wish they went all out and just re-rendered everything in-engine to avoid the inconsistency of some of the pre-rendered backdrops, because when they look bad, they can look really, really bad. Also, the few CGI segments suffer tremendously due to this remaster simply being, for the most part, a straight-up port, but it is what it is.

Catdaddy

Picking this up this weekend, thanks to Sony's 10% off deal...and the fact no way I could have gotten any decent playing time this week..

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

This reminded me that some early versions of RE4 had leaked out, and looking it up now there is apparently a model of Jill in Ada's dress.

jilladaph.jpg

It would be interesting to see that implemented into REmaster.

antitrop

Had a neat little moment while playing, this evening. My father has been watching me play through the entire game, quite enthralled with it, and tonight we reached
the Residence.

It was the area right outside of the little Billiards Bar, there's the hallway with the holes in the floor,
where the tentacles reach out and grab you, and you can push the box over it.
Well, of course, the first time through I didn't even notice the box, resulting in a shock and gasp from both of us at the nasty surprise. But what really got us, was the second time around.
With the box neatly placed over the hole on the return visit, I thought I was all safe and shit. NOPE! SURPRISE, SURPRISE, THERE'S A SECOND HOLE!
The over-confidence I had in the situation and the nonchalant manner in which I crossed over the gap only served to intensify the resulting shock, causing both of us to gasp out "BWAAAAHHHH" quite loudly, in unison, as the tentacle wrapped itself around Jill's neck.

Had to take a good few minutes to recollect, after that one. =)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Had a neat little moment while playing, this evening. My father has been watching me play through the entire game, quite enthralled with it, and tonight we reached
the Residence.

It was the area right outside of the little Billiards Bar, there's the hallway with the holes in the floor,
where the tentacles reach out and grab you, and you can push the box over it.
Well, of course, the first time through I didn't even notice the box, resulting in a shock and gasp from both of us at the nasty surprise. But what really got us, was the second time around.
With the box neatly placed over the hole on the return visit, I thought I was all safe and shit. NOPE! SURPRISE, SURPRISE, THERE'S A SECOND HOLE!
The over-confidence I had in the situation and the nonchalant manner in which I crossed over the gap only served to intensify the resulting shock, causing both of us to gasp out "BWAAAAHHHH" quite loudly, as the tentacle wrapped itself around Jill's neck.

Had to take a good few minutes to recollect, after that one. =)

That's why there's
ANOTHER box to the north where you first go before going past that other box and into the Residence's other area

Top Bottom