• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Just finished it with Chris on Normal difficulty. Fucking loved every moment of it like back in the day. The fact that I even replayed this game in 2015 blows my mind. Now time to do it with Jill!

nowarning

I started playing last night,
the first crimson head scared the fucking shit out of me haha,I know what they are but I didn't know how they appear, I went to burn a zombie with the fuel canteen and it just fucking got up
I managed to escape but basically went around in a big circle and opened another door into the same room, so I ran my butt off.

My first time playing this ever, it's already tense as shit and I'm only an hour and a half in.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Joining the platinum club.
nIy1BZM.jpg

Now bring on a PROPER REmake 2 ;-;

This image is just perfect for so many reasons, I wish I had stopped at 1% in RE6.......

Why don't you just use a ds4 controller on pc and have the best of both worlds?

Seriously. These posts that imply you're forced to use Mouse and keyboard when playing on PC blow my mind.
Even if you want absolutely zero work, Xbox controllers are plug and play, just like on console, any modern game recognizes them by default, no need for key binding or anything at all.

Danielsan

Accidentally started a game on easy yesterday, so today I chose new game and played up to beyond where I was in little under an hour or so. Playing as Chris, 4:3 and with the new controls.

What is the general consensus as far as controls goes? I feel the alternate control scheme feels a bit like cheating at times. You're so damn mobile compared to the original controls.

ShadyJ

Amazing game, I'm happy capcom saw the value in giving more people the chance to play this.

I'm certain after seeing the sales for this that 0 will get the sake treatment, also it may open Capcom's eyes up to the fact peiole want 'resident evil' back.

-MD-

Accidentally started a game on easy yesterday, so today I chose new game and played up to beyond where I was in little under an hour or so. Playing as Chris, 4:3 and with the new controls.

What is the general consensus as far as controls goes? I feel the alternate control scheme feels a bit like cheating at times. You're so damn mobile compared to the original controls.

I use Original B controls. As you said it feels like cheating, the original developers didn't intend for your character to have freedom in movement like that.

Flintty

Tempted to get this for two reasons:

1) I never played the original so it would be cool to see where it all started.

2) Enough buyers might mean a RE2 HD remaster gets made, which I did play on my brothers PS1 and it was awesome!

So how bad is the stutter on PS4 that I read about in the DF article?
How long are the door opening "loading" times? Do they occur often (only played RE1: DC)?

As I'm reading all your posts I'm getting anxious to play it too as I loved it back in the day. Have so many other games in my backlog but I just kinda want to play it right now :(

Edit: Is there already a trophy guide online? Or are there any missable trophies that would be a pain in the ass to get when you miss them the first time? I know you have to beat the game multiple times, but just asking :)

So how bad is the stutter on PS4 that I read about in the DF article?
How long are the door opening "loading" times? Do they occur often (only played RE1: DC)?

As I'm reading all your posts I'm getting anxious to play it too as I loved it back in the day. Have so many other games in my backlog but I just kinda want to play it right now :(
Edit: Is there already a trophy guide online? Or are there any missable trophies that would be a pain in the ass to get when you miss them the first time? I know you have to beat the game multiple times, but just asking :)
I noticed stutter for about one second in a random area. It's been smooth the whole time besides that.
Does the US version have the Wesker's Report 1 and 2 on it ?
Nope.

JimPanzer

ok gaf, I need help...really light spoilers:
I have to insert a 3 digit code, there's some colored eyes where I have to put in the code and I figured out which numbers I have to insert (candles and billiard etc)....but when I enter the numbers which I think are right, the door won't open oO

Audioboxer

The first few hours of this game on normal are much harder than I remember! (Although I've only played classic). True survival horror \m/

Resishade V1 (download links below)

I have been tweaking this for hours now and feel I have found the perfect blend for a good Resident Evil experience.

Here is a comparison gif between the normal version of REmake and the two seperate versions I have made with reshade.

resicomparison_by_justinakach0ppa-d8f1l8n.gif

And here are the links

Resishade V1 - http://www.filedropper.com/resishadev1

Resishade V1 + Techni - http://www.filedropper.com/resishadetechiv1

Any questions feel free to ask.

Yes I have a question.

Where did you put the colours?

ok gaf, I need help...really light spoilers:
I have to insert a 3 digit code, there's some colored eyes where I have to put in the code and I figured out which numbers I have to insert (candles and billiard etc)....but when I enter the numbers which I think are right, the door won't open oO
Well that is the way you get the answer. However if you wish to cheat you can just
try all combinations of 3, 5 and 6. So there are 6 possibilities.

Question, how long did it take you?

Well I have played the game many times before so I was familiar with the game. Overall I'd say the plat took ~11 hours. The first playtrough in Normal mode I didn't speedrun or anything but after that I did fairly fast runs. Nothing extreme though.

Jawmuncher

Resishade V1 (download links below)

I have been tweaking this for hours now and feel I have found the perfect blend for a good Resident Evil experience.

Here is a comparison gif between the normal version of REmake and the two seperate versions I have made with reshade.

resicomparison_by_justinakach0ppa-d8f1l8n.gif

And here are the links

Resishade V1 - http://www.filedropper.com/resishadev1

Resishade V1 + Techni - http://www.filedropper.com/resishadetechiv1

Any questions feel free to ask.

Not bad if you want a more Silent Hill feeling RE.
Which is the vibe i'm getting.

Finally got this bad boy installed.

Anyone have any tips for going in blind without a strategy guide? I played REmake back in the day but used a guide and even then, didn't complete the game, got up to the shark tank and never looked back for some reason. I've forgot pretty much everything about the game besides locations.

DedValve

Banned
Has anyone in the useUS been able to redeem that 10% discount I have it in my carct with no discount discoun showing and I really want to save a few to also be able to afford a dlc for another game.

Has anyone in the useUS been able to redeem that 10% discount I have it in my carct with no discount discoun showing and I really want to save a few to also be able to afford a dlc for another game.

Not available on US PSN yet
Where do I even get the code from?

On the UK store the Code is on the homepage of the PSN Store

Remember it takes the discount of your cart so multiple items can be bought in one purchase

lol warning to everyone:

DO NOT PUT THE RED GEM INTO THE TIGER THAT TAKES ONLY THE YELLOW AND BLUE GEMS! IT dropped like 100 snakes on me, and i was poisoned and didn't have any blue herbs!

I was watching a guy streaming the 360 version on Twitch last night and he kept saying that he couldn't use the same strategy as he did before (he said he had already played through the first REmake like 15 times) because they changed the location of some enemies? Is that true?

That'd be a great way to shake up the game a little!
Looks the same to me. As far as I can tell no extra enemies were added nor locations were changed for existing enemies.

And I realized I quoted a post from November. Lol ignore this post.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

If you use original E controls you're basically replicating control type C from the GC version, which is probably the best of the original control schemes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thank God for mods. The no door animation mod makes things way less tedious.

Really ?

The door animations are like 2 seconds max. I think they're the fastest door animations in the pre-RE4 RE games.

I hope you've played Code: Veronica. If you haven't, then BOY that game has some long door animations.

Nemesis_

lol warning to everyone:

DO NOT PUT THE RED GEM INTO THE TIGER THAT TAKES ONLY THE YELLOW AND BLUE GEMS! IT dropped like 100 snakes on me, and i was poisoned and didn't have any blue herbs!

wtf really? I've never heard this

Yeah it really isn't.

You got the challenge you need right there.
Get 100% in CVX

uggh I only have to unlock the Linear Launcher but I just cannot be fucked at all ._.

Manu

So, what is the average amount of saves for a first playthrough?

I'm at 11 saves and just got the Helmet Key. I guess it's
Hunters
time.

Needlecrash

Got in even further with Chris now. I was streaming it for while until I called it quits last night.

Got the Armor Key, Found Rebecca and gave Richard the Serum, Obtained the Shotgun, Found the 2nd Death Mask, Obtained the Wind Emblem, Obtained the Music Notes, Found and dispatched Forest Speyer, Used the Chemical for the living vines.

Needlecrash

So, what is the average amount of saves for a first playthrough?

I'm at 11 saves and just got the Helmet Key. I guess it's
Hunters
time.

Good question. I save pretty often and I'm actually at 11 saves myself.....I haven't left the mansion yet...:/

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It really isn't.

RE6 is a great game. Haters gonna hate.

RE6 isn't even that bad, y'all are too extra

I loved REmake on my first playthrough a few months ago, I think RE4 is fantastic, I thought RE5 was an awesome time playing co-op and Mercenaries is ace when I beat it for the first time about 6 months ago, and I really, really wanted to love RE6 but I've played two 6+ hour sessions co-op with my dad (same as I did with RE5) and MAN RE6 is way less fun of a game. Just so many design decisions that are incredibly frustrating and tedious. That snow level in Jakes campaign where periodically you are completely blind, and there is an ice ramp with snipers where if you get shot you just plummet down to the bottom, and there are enemies on snow mobiles where if they hit you it sends you allllll the way back down to the bottom again. Repeating long tedious boss fights. Ugh.

I've seen the Gaf thread teaching you the mechanics that aren't taught to you, and I think that Mercenaries for RE6 is really cool, but I am honestly kind of dreading continuing to play through RE6, even though I want us to finish it. We've done 3 chapters of Leon, followed by 2 chapters of Chris, followed by 2 chapters of Jake. It's really a not great game.

Really ?

The door animations are like 2 seconds max. I think they're the fastest door animations in the pre-RE4 RE games.

I hope you've played Code: Veronica. If you haven't, then BOY that game has some long door animations.

Someone did the math on it and found that door animations actually take up a pretty serious chunk of time on a playthrough. Something like 30+ minutes.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I loved REmake on my first playthrough a few months ago, I think RE4 is fantastic, I thought RE5 was an awesome time playing co-op and Mercenaries is ace when I beat it for the first time about 6 months ago, and I really, really wanted to love RE6 but I've played two 6+ hour sessions co-op with my dad (same as I did with RE5) and MAN RE6 is way less fun of a game. Just so many design decisions that are incredibly frustrating and tedious. That snow level in Jakes campaign where periodically you are completely blind, and there is an ice ramp with snipers where if you get shot you just plummet down to the bottom, and there are enemies on snow mobiles where if they hit you it sends you allllll the way back down to the bottom again. Repeating long tedious boss fights. Ugh.

I've seen the Gaf thread teaching you the mechanics that aren't taught to you, and I think that Mercenaries for RE6 is really cool, but I am honestly kind of dreading continuing to play through RE6, even though I want us to finish it. We've done 3 chapters of Leon, followed by 2 chapters of Chris, followed by 2 chapters of Jake. It's really a not great game.

Someone did the math on it and found that door animations actually take up a pretty serious chunk of time on a playthrough. Something like 30+ minutes.

If it makes you feel better, Jake and Chris's campaign both get a lot better starting with Chapter 3. Leon's Chapter 4 is also pretty good, though I'm not fond of his final chapter.

Ada is pretty fun.

My favorite chapters in RE6 are (in no order) Leon 1 (I'm neglecting the beginning walking section from this), Leon 4, Jake 3, Jake 5, Chris 3, Chris 4, Ada 2, Ada 4

I posted a little about it earlier, but man, I'm just really struggling with this game for some reason. I normally love this type of game - not being given a ton of direction, exploring, tense - but the way some items are hidden (like the wooden crest, it blended way too much with the background and made me think it wasn't an object until I had to give in and look at a walkthrough) are just making this an exercise in frustration because I'm doing so much aimless wandering. Which is weird, because I loved 2, 3, CV, and 4.

Am I just not in the right mental space to play this or something? Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: if it says anything,
I've burned like 9 saves already and I just got the crest from the room that traps you unless you put the wooden crest in, Richard died, apparently I'm supposed to fight the Yawn soon and I'm like three or four hours in.

Manu

The game gets much easier at that point. I struggled with the start of the game too, died a lot, then last night I played like two straight hours with no deaths and still have a bunch of bullets and full health.

Top Bottom