• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Jawmuncher

Have a question about the end of the game achievement related.

Where is the best place to save to set myself up for the different endings?For both Chris and Jill. Since I want to get all the endings on one playthrough by just reloading the data.

antitrop

79078-hank-hill-bwah-gif-15WC.gif

I can see it now.

Even worse was running right into the Billiards room immediately afterwards. Fuckin' bad to "OMG WHERE'S THE FIRE??!!".

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have a question about the end of the game achievement related.

Where is the best place to save to set myself up for the different endings?For both Chris and Jill. Since I want to get all the endings on one playthrough by just reloading the data.

The lab. But if you didn't grab the MO Disk in the Mansion you have to backtrack there. DO NOT GO TO SEE WESKER BEFORE THIS, BTW.

I love this game! It's so addicting too. I finished my first playthrough today with Jill, and I just wanted to play over again immediately. I've been getting better with the zombie deke.

Tecl0n

shieeett, i had no ribbons and no healing items and had to beat
the first encounter with yawn and the coffin prototype with some crimson heads in a few hallways, so i had to keep going till the residence to finally save

the first encounter with yawn and the coffin prototype with some crimson heads in a few hallways, so i had to keep going till the residence to finally save
Believe in yourself friend and save less. Even if you die you'll make the stuff you have to do again your Bitch.

Dai101

Banned

PROTIP: The first Yawn encounter
is 100% avoidable

Mubbed

There actually is a way to get a Gamecube controller going on the PC as well via WiiU adapter drivers + xinput wrapper.

Are there more details for this? If you already have xinput wrapper and install the WiiU adapter drivers will it simulate the 360 controller for Steam titles?

PROTIP: The first Yawn encounter
is 100% avoidable
Unless you want a certain weapon as Jill.
Still blows my mind they were able to do that on the Gamecube. Outside of the obviously lower resolution of modern games it still looks fucking amazing.
I highly doubt that was actually running on a GameCube. I remember reading one of the many reasons that version was scrapped is because it was proving to be too much for the target hardware.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
By that time you already have the regular shotgun and the grenade launcher. Also you can
get the CP
. Is not like if Jill lacks weapons.

Isn't
the assault shotgun just better than the normal shotgun though
?

I also think you can still avoid the fight and get it.
Grab the mask as Richard fights, when he dies take the weapon and run
, though I don't think I've ever actually done that before.

TheSeks

Can't wait to see this in HD. You guys will like RE 0 as well, WHEN it comes.

HAH No. I kinda didn't care for 0, but I'd replay it just to see if my dislike holds.

At least it isn't Code Veronica/X. Can't stand Code Veronica and think it's the weakest of the "old formula" even if it did have 3D environments.

I also think you can still avoid the fight and get it.
Grab the mask as Richard fights, when he dies take the weapon and run
, though I don't think I've ever actually done that before.

Yes, that's completely possible.

Playing real survivor mode with Chris is intense. Managing safe routes and paths and maintaining a grasp on item and story potential is crucial. All while having really only 4 inventory slots. Considering you have to have some kind of weapon and ammo on you.

HiiiLife

So this is my first time playing RE1... ever. And Jesus Christ at these tank controls. I want to experience it the OG way but lol at always running into the wall.

TheSeks

Playing real survivor mode with Chris is intense. Managing safe routes and paths and maintaining a grasp on item and story potential is crucial. All while having really only 4 inventory slots. Considering you have to have some kind of weapon and ammo on you.

The manual aim is the WORST thing about it. I can't ever go back to manual aiming after Bio2 gave me auto-aim. D:

Resident Evil was one of the first games I ever played on playstation, back when playstation was still brand new. I didn't even own the system myself and I didn't know anyone except my cousin (who was older but lived far away) who even owned a playstation (I remember my parents rented me the system once before I even owned it... fond memories...)... anyway... to the point of this post.

This game is bringing back all the fond memories of the resident evil franchise before it went pretty sour, which happened after Code Veronica imo with the whack attempt at first person shooting and while resident evil 4 was/is a good game it doesn't live up to the originals imo.

And somehow, this version lives up and exceeds my expectation of how much I would enjoy this game so many years after its first release. So yeah... all that preface to say one thing.

I will say one additional thing unrelated to the main point of this post. The next resident evil would do well to nail the RE art style in this game. And I would love to see a resident evil in the vein of alien isolation, first person and everything. I think they can do it right in first person next time around.

What do you have to do to get to make V-JOLT as Rebecca?
In my two playthroughs as Chris I had to fight the fully intact Plant 42 (and one was a knife-run...).
The two runs differed in getting poisoned by Yawn (and healed by Rebecca) which I didn't in the first run.
What else do you have to do to get to control Rebecca in the Guardhouse?

Tido84

So I was the biggest RE fan on PSX. I mean I played that thing so many times. I could write down the map for the Spencer mansion in my sleep. I did knife runs and no ribbon runs back when it was just for fun.

never played Remake.

I am so stoked to get my teeth into this.

than i`m even more interested what you think of the remake

Tido84

What do you have to do to get to make V-JOLT as Rebecca?
In my two playthroughs as Chris I had to fight the fully intact Plant 42 (and one was a knife-run...).
The two runs differed in getting poisoned by Yawn (and healed by Rebecca) which I didn't in the first run.
What else do you have to do to get to control Rebecca in the Guardhouse?

you have to let Richard die and than later in the guardhouse youre able to play as Rebecca when you enter the plant 42 room

I've never played Resident Evil on PS1. I remember I was around 11 years old when I was at a GameStop at the mall and saw the REmake on the Gamecube they had on display.
Needless to say I watched some guy play it and got spooked.

Looks like now is the time to finally get around to this classic.

Despite buying the import PS3 disc I am most curious about how the PC build turns out. I'm hoping there is a drive to mod in some of the parts that are lacking or just to give the option to scale back some of the effects and provide a choice for gamers to choose between some of the new modifications and the original assets.

Edit:
Despite some positives I still think the GC/Wii original is the definitive edition. I hope the PC build can offer the best of both worlds at some point in the future.

There's mods like these: http://steamcommunity.com/id/yourgirlshouse/screenshots/?appid=304240

dont forget to open the chemical room with chris before you enter the plant 42 room. I actually dont know the code for the room with Rebecca :(
Ah, of course - she has no lighter to lit the candles. But I think the numbers always consist of 3, 5 and 6. So you can just try all 6 possible combinations (356, 365, 536, 563, 635, 653).

Neff

I highly doubt that was actually running on a GameCube. I remember reading one of the many reasons that version was scrapped is because it was proving to be too much for the target hardware.

It's been confirmed numerous times by Capcom staff that 'Hookman' was running on Gamecube. But it's true that they ran into memory complications by essentially simultaneously running two versions (real world and hallucinatory) of the game.

Did any one else get a longer transition between screens when going back for, Jill? It only happens in the hall with the three locks. Thought something was wrong with my system.

Started a knife run a bit ago. Everything was going great until I reached the
Crimson Head
boss. I didn't think it would be too difficult and I got wrecked. I didn't save at all either.

I'll be taking a break for awhile now. :(

Top Bottom