• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Uthred

Perhaps I'm mis-remembering from the later games but I thought the hunters one hit skill decapiated you? Maybe I just died from the damage actually

REmake 2 is very unlikely to happen but man, I'd love a ''definitive edition'' of RE2 with all the additions from all the versions with trophy support. I would devour that game.

Tho don't reveal it like FF7 ;).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Finishing the game last night, I forgot how many nods to
Resident Evil 2
there are.

Specifically the mentions of Ada, and William Birkin's file about the G-Virus during the Tyrant fight.

Were they in the original?

Check the dead body of
Wesker
to find a nice Code: Veronica nodding diary as well :)

edit: same diary, my mental fart, sorry :p

The only of these in the original were
Ada
. The rest were added for REmake.

Xpliskin

From the modding forums:
2015-01-22_00003lfknx.jpg

Now we're talking.

http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/3154/tofu-again-yay

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bought this (with the 10% discount) on PSN

Way overdue!

So, first play through, just
fought the Yawn snake for the first time.
I've used 14 saves up to this point. Am I still okay in terms of ink ribbons?

Going back to the PS1 RE after playing REmake was hard for me. Not because of the graphics, but because the layout of the mansion just felt wrong. It's weird because I've played the original to death.

The layout of this game feels wrong to *me*. I'm getting lost and the puzzles and what not were also heavily changed.

What differences are there between difficulty modes?

Sectus

Probably. You'll keep getting more ink ribbons as you go through the game. Although it pays to be mindful and not suddenly completely run out of ink ribbons.

Thats quite a lot. You probably won't be able to keep up the same frequency of saves for the rest of the game but theres usually ink ribbons to be found near new typewriters. So as long as you don't mind cutting back on the saving you can still do it.

Probably. You'll keep getting more ink ribbons as you go through the game. Although it pays to be mindful and not suddenly completely run out of ink ribbons.

Thats quite a lot. You probably won't be able to keep up the same frequency of saves for the rest of the game but theres usually ink ribbons to be found near new typewriters. So as long as you don't mind cutting back on the saving you can still do it.

Excellent, thanks. And yeah, I can scale back. I think I just overestimated how many there were.

Just bought this today. Brings back memories. Still an awesome game with a unique feel by today's standards and it looks surprisingly good. Still got the PSOne and Gamecube versions also. Yeah, I'm a RE fan.

Pachimari

I'm buying this today as well. Just don't know which control scheme I should go with.

I guess I'll try the new controls and see if I like it. Part of the horror in the old days was also the tank controls and the stress it could create.

Sectus

I'm buying this today as well. Just don't know which control scheme I should go with.

I guess I'll try the new controls and see if I like it. Part of the horror in the old days was also the tank controls and the stress it could create.

Even with new controls, you can still use old controls on d-pad, so that way you can experiment to see what you'd prefer.

I've got the lighter. Where do I find the oil?

You need to pick up the fuel canteen in a storeroom (saveroom) on the first floor of the left side of the mansion. Then you can fill it up with kerosene which is found in multiple places including the storeroom where you find the canteen.

So what's the headshot ratio in this game. I know in RE:DC the pistol randomly gave headshots? Do Shotguns automatically give headshots in this game too?

finley83

Banned
This port behaves in a really strange way at 60fps. It runs absolutely perfectly (Win7 x64, i5 2500k, 560ti) 99% of the time, but sometimes something weird like changing the brightness will cause it to run in slow motion. The issue persists until I quit out and restart.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any known fixes?

Unai

Still 60 for me

Weird. It's working great for me. The framerate it set as variable in your in game settings?

bhd_2015_01_24_14_11_rcrch.png

This port behaves in a really strange way at 60fps. It runs absolutely perfectly (Win7 x64, i5 2500k, 560ti) 99% of the time, but sometimes something weird like changing the brightness will cause it to run in slow motion. The issue persists until I quit out and restart.

I had this once, but it only took me exit the room to make things normal again.

Apparently that happens when your computer can't manage to maintain the fixed framerate you have set. Apparently setting it to variable should stop the issue from happening.

Beat the game on PS4 last night, played through it straight for 9 hours and got Jill's best ending which was great. I had played through it before on gamecube about 10 years ago so it was nice to return to it and see that it's just as perfect and maybe even scarier then I remember.

As for performance of the port it ran great for me except in one instance at the end of the game
when the self destruct alarm is going off and the alarm lights are flashing
frame rate was starting to slow down a bit and every time the camera angle changed there was a noticeable pause that wasn't there before.

Man, some of the backgrounds look AWFUL in this. Holy shit. The contrast between what looks great and what doesn't is HUGE. Going from the courtyard (nice) to the cabin (yuck) is crazy. Perhaps they should have applied some global film grain or something to make the characters and crappy backgrounds blend better

Man, some of the backgrounds look AWFUL in this. Holy shit. The contrast between what looks great and what doesn't is HUGE. Going from the courtyard (nice) to the cabin (yuck) is crazy. Perhaps they should have applied some global film grain or something to make the characters and crappy backgrounds blend better
Looking forward to modders reworking the crap looking areas.

lol
trying to beat the game under 5hrs. In a panic, I'm thinking I'm making the worst time and I'm making really poor decisions. As it turns out, I beat it in 3hrs 23 minutes. Almost had the infinite Rocket Launcher.
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

The
Aqua Ring
looks atrocious :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
HOLY SHIT. I forgot that
Being attacked by a Crimson Head in the lab
= game over.

lol
trying to beat the game under 5hrs. In a panic, I'm thinking I'm making the worst time and I'm making really poor decisions. As it turns out, I beat it in 3hrs 23 minutes. Almost had the infinite Rocket Launcher.
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Use Jill for the lockpick. Lockpick the door with the Crow Puzzle. Boom, instant speed because you can get outdoors through two rooms from the main hall.

Man this game is kicking my ass hard. I've put some hours in but I'm not far at all. First playthrough and I've gone for normal with Jill.

My main issue is I can't dodge zombies for shit so I ended up blowing at lot of ammo and creating crimson heads for the first hour or so. I see people being able to sort of step towards the bastards and then step back before running around them. Trying this has resulted in quite a few deaths. Even switching to the alternate controls, I still suck.

I'm considering starting again on easy but that feels like admitting defeat and I do love the tension so far. Anyone got any tips?

Manu

So, I used the first MO disk at the lab and unlocked one of the three lever blocks. But I can't for the life of me figure out what it unlocks. I've checked the whole lab several times and can't find any unlocked doors.

Top Bottom