• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Thrakier

Is there a difference between using a green/red herb or a first aid spray? For that matter, is there a difference between green/red herb and green/green or green/green/green?

BSAA Chris is best Chris.

#RE5forlife

Green Green is worse than Red Green...

Is there a difference between using a green/red herb or a first aid spray? For that matter, is there a difference between green/red herb and green/green or green/green/green?
wat
From strongest healing items to weakest:
First aid spray / Green x3 / Red+Green
Green x2
Green x1

and add a blue if you're poisoned

Chris_IWS

Generally, I stick to the rule; green herb will cover yellow caution, green/green will heal orange caution, and First Aid, red/green, and 3x green will heal Danger.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I don't know if it affects this game, but later Resident Evil games penalize you for using First Aid Sprays because you're benefiting from Umbrella products. Herbs don't come with that penalty.

RE1 noob here. Fuck that golden arrow for not being able to fit into the wall in the graveyard. I wanna experience it the way everyone else did their first time back then (no strategy guide, tank controls, highest difficulty possible) but damn this game is fucking me up. Lol.

You have a golden arrow. The wall has a crevice for an arrow head.

RE1 noob here. Fuck that golden arrow for not being able to fit into the wall in the graveyard. I wanna experience it the way everyone else did their first time back then (no strategy guide, tank controls, highest difficulty possible) but damn this game is fucking me up. Lol.

examine it (and everything else you pick up)

Exodist

I don't believe this at all. If you can get the highest rank on something your first time through then the skill ceiling is too low imo

In fact REmake is the most relaxed of the games. Others don't even let you use a First Aid Spray to get the highest rank...

Just to clarify I was joking and agreed with the original post, my point being it seems people think getting the best rank on their first playthrough is reasonable. I also agree that the best players get the best rank, and I myself have done the no first aid spray run on Resi 2 and so on. I thought the sad faces were a good indicator of my joke. :((((

Doc Az

Neo Member
Encountered a rather bizarre glitch while playing today, and I guess you could call it 'game breaking' because it led me to reset the game, because I was completely stuck. Rather annoying considering the progress I'd made, but I'm not massively angry, because I'm still having fun.

Still, the glitch is shown here :

http://youtu.be/SPIhsR_bie0

and I encountered it in the following way (spoilers for sake of people who haven't played) :

I had progressed up to the point where you are leaving the mansion area and heading towards the guardhouse. I had got through the first door without any issues, and I picked up the items I required from the room. I then proceeded onwards towards the next room, and that's when things got weird. After the door opening animation, the room was revealed to be completely pitch black, the only visible objects being Jill and some moths. At first I thought it might be a part of the game, but then I noticed that the room didn't seem to have any boundaries, as I could practically run forever in every direction. I was trapped, so I eventually reset the game.

Haven't played again yet, so I can't report if it's still present, but I'll update if anything has changed.

Encountered a rather bizarre glitch while playing today, and I guess you could call it 'game breaking' because it led me to reset the game, because I was completely stuck. Rather annoying considering the progress I'd made, but I'm not massively angry, because I'm still having fun.

Still, the glitch is shown here :

http://youtu.be/SPIhsR_bie0

and I encountered it in the following way (spoilers for sake of people who haven't played) :

I had progressed up to the point where you are leaving the mansion area and heading towards the guardhouse. I had got through the first door without any issues, and I picked up the items I required from the room. I then proceeded onwards towards the next room, and that's when things got weird. After the door opening animation, the room was revealed to be completely pitch black, the only visible objects being Jill and some moths. At first I thought it might be a part of the game, but then I noticed that the room didn't seem to have any boundaries, as I could practically run forever in every direction. I was trapped, so I eventually reset the game.

Haven't played again yet, so I can't report if it's still present, but I'll update if anything has changed.

You were sent to purgatory for using new controls.

Curufinwe

I'm out of the Mansion now on my Normal Chris playthru. 12 saves already, but I still have three ribbons left, and I used my handgun on the boss so I have lots of shotgun ammo.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It would be interesting to see a comparison of RE5 Chris STARS imported into REmake HD.

re5dx9_exe_dx9_20150125_172147_by_aloooo81-d8fcmz8.jpg

Frodo

I started playing this yesterday and following GAF's recommendation I went for tank controls. I'm having a very hard time to adapt to them, though. I'll try to stick to it to see if I adapt, but I'm seriously considering switching to the Alternative.

Bl@de

Okay, I just selected Chris' BSAA costume for the first time. I know we joke about how he 'roided up over the years, but goddamn! It's almost to the point where I don't think it was a good idea to put it in the game. It looks so out of place.

BSAA chris doesn't even make sense in RE1. The BSAA was founded after the fall of Umbrella. Way after RE1. It's just stupid to put it in the game. On your screenshot you can see the BSAA logo on Chris, while Jill and Wesker have Stars logos. It's like Capcom doesn't give a crap anymore.

finally got into this game this past Friday, streamed it on ps4, stayed with my beloved tank controls. god, sooooo good. took me forever to find the lighter as Jill on normal, once I did I made strides and will soon be heading into the underground area having almost cleaned out the mansion completely. funny thing, been playing tank controls using the d-pad only, no sticks for me except the quick 180 spin on the right stick. #oldschool

Doc Az

Neo Member
I started playing this yesterday and following GAF's recommendation I went for tank controls. I'm having a very hard time to adapt to them, though. I'll try to stick to it to see if I adapt, but I'm seriously considering switching to the Alternative.

People are being overtly purest about it, and this is coming from a guy that swore by tank controls for the longest time.

Sectus

An important note to people using my door skip mod, a rather big bug was discovered which affects a ladder late in the game. When you go, you can't go back down again. Normally you'd have no reason to go back, unless you forgot to pick up a key item.

To be specific,
it's after you use the broken flamethrower and enter the room with the jewelry box with a part of the stone & metal object. When you use the ladder going up to Lisa's cabin, you can't go back down.

Hopefully I'll get this fixed this soon, but it's gonna be a hassle to find the code which unlocks that ladder.

Manu

BSAA chris doesn't even make sense in RE1. The BSAA was founded after the fall of Umbrella. Way after RE1. It's just stupid to put it in the game. On your screenshot you can see the BSAA logo on Chris, while Jill and Wesker have Stars logos. It's like Capcom doesn't give a crap anymore.

Holy shit dude. Alternate costumes don't have to make sense.

"Leon was never part of the Mafia and used a Tommy Gun, so his RE4 alt is stupid."

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

You're right. What a silly costume Capcom.

remake_chris_alt4_lg-1.jpg

Chris_Redfield_Warrior_Costume.jpg

chris___sailor_by_me4fan-d7t3xyz.png

Vidpixel

Beat the game as Jill on Normal the other day, and wow, I absolutely loved it. The only main criticisms I have: the inventory management can be a hassle sometimes if you're playing for the first time, and the cutscenes felt really weird, like the characters seemed to be conversing as if they were emotionless robots.

Now onto Chris. Should I play on Normal or Hard with him?

Dai101

Banned
They could make it an option.

I personally can't stand the system anymore. I didn't mind it when I was at school because I had more free time back then. But now the ribbon system can't work because I sometimes have to leave the house for work or other private stuff, and I don't want to leave the console on. Meaning I have to turn off the game and maybe lose hours of progress.

The archaic save and inventory system are the reason why I haven't bought the remaster.

Welp. Your lost.

Not everything needs to fit your needs you know?

wtf. lighten up dude

They could make it an option.

I personally can't stand the system anymore. I didn't mind it when I was at school because I had more free time back then. But now the ribbon system can't work because I sometimes have to leave the house for work or other private stuff, and I don't want to leave the console on. Meaning I have to turn off the game and maybe lose hours of progress.

The archaic save and inventory system are the reason why I haven't bought the remaster.

you're exaggerating quite a bit here. the game gives you like 30 ink ribbons on normal difficulty. there is not situation where you'd lose "hours" of progress. you could save every 20 minutes if you want to and generally be fine.

Lord Phol

Sometimes there's this loud banging on the doors like someone trying to get in Oo, it's really freaky. What's that all about?

zma1013

Sometimes there's this loud banging on the doors like someone trying to get in Oo, it's really freaky. What's that all about?

You may find out on your own but If you really want to know now,
sometimes if you leave certain areas without killing zombies, they'll bang on the door and I believe after enough time has passed they will break through it and come after you.

Lord Phol

You may find out on your own but If you really want to know now,
sometimes if you leave certain areas without killing zombies, they'll bang on the door and I believe after enough time has passed they will break through it and come after you.

Yeah he was stalking me through the whole damn house, now I'm even more terrified of the crimson head that I let live D:. Also
Richard
died :(. I was too slow.

Mr_Zombie

You have to try to open both doors in the room when the ceiling trap is coming down and Barry will come save Jill.

If you trigger the cut-scene where Barry is giving you acid rounds in the main hall, you can say bye-bye to the free shotgun. In order to get the shotgun you have to find the broken shotgun first.

You can't be serious...the fuck.

DedValve

Banned
Ah good old times.

Killed a zombie, turned into a crimson head ran the fuck out. Went back into that room and its gone now....

Now I don't remember how persistent crimson heads are but I'll just keep me shotgun on me at all times moving forward.

What are some of the rooms recreated in 3D?

Sh0k

Any major differences between the PS4 and XBOX ONE version? I have $10. credit in Xbox Live, but if the PS4 version is better, I don't mind using that credit in another game.

Top Bottom