• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Exactly what I think as well. If RE2make happens it's going to be a over the shoulder reimagining. That's not to say it couldn't work.
Biggest issue would be the melee which is now the action side staple of the series.

That's what I'm worried about. Since a lot of peoples first RE was RE4, and Leon being the lead and all. If it did get made I hope that they would have an option for over the shoulder, and classic camera angles. That fan REmake had that option(whatever happened to that?).

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Getting the
dog collar
as Chris on Normal was rough since I didn't have the shotgun yet.

I don't even bother getting the normal shotgun, so I've found that standing beside the door and spamming in the direction the dogs come from is very effective. You'll either kill them before they get close to you and if you don't you can escape back inside and try again.

Vidpixel

Man, the backgrounds in that section looked rough.

Yeah, that's the first thing that stuck out to me when I played through that particular area. Probably one of the worst looking areas in the Remaster as far as the pre-rendered backgrounds are concerned.

Palpable

Infinity Patriot is correct:

There are several gas canisters that you can fill your canteen up with. It's a little more challenging than it sounds though. You can only carry enough to burn 2 zombies at a time. The gas canisters can't be picked up like items and are spread out apart for each other. The good news is that you can still burn crimson heads after you drop them.

Thing that scared the shit out of me was that I did not realize crimson heads
got back up after you killed them again.
I burnt them for good measure. I don't recall that happening in the original REmake, but then again it has been awhile.

HeelPower

Exactly what I think as well. If RE2make happens it's going to be a over the shoulder reimagining.

It doesn't have to be entirely over the shoulder.

Funnily enough,my friend point out to me that the original RE4 had the perfect blend between fixed camera and OTS.

Simply, once you aim you go into OTS mode to facilitate more accurate/better shooting mechanics.

Capcom should really try this blend of controls.
Impressive how Mikami thought of this years ago already ,but it was never implemented.

rLAfEO.gif

HeelPower

That's not a fixed camera. Notice how it moves.

well fixed in the sense that the game has its own camera angles that you aren't free to rotate.

But I guess this camera is dynamic and follows the player around.

Combined with OTS aiming, I think this can make for a good formula.

KBzg2b.gif

These dawgs are murkin' my bitch ass. Just used three defense items outside of the waterfall. ;_;

Are you trying to get past the gate under the stairs in the main entrance? If so
Be sure to grab the jewelry box from under Lisa's cabin, before climbing the ladder taking you back up to the actual cabin. The area right after you have to put the broken flamethrower in the door to proceed. Its VERY easy to miss

How far in the game are you? The stone ring is the last item you need to before
You actually have to fight Lisa (or not) and go to the labs.

Check by the door that goes to the Courtyard/Residence.

Thank you all for your responses! I got it now -- just forgot how to get to B1 of the Courtyard. Appreciate the help! ^_^ Also, Dai101, I just stopped the waterfall from flowing; can't remember how far that exactly is from the end of the game, but there ya go!

VashTS

Dogs are the enemies that killed me the most in this game..lol

I don't remember the dogs being this hard to deal with in the GC release of this game. They seem much more aggressive and do more damage?

I remember not having much issues with taking them out with a pistol.

How often should I torch dead zombies to avoid those Crimson heads?

every single one you have the opportunity to really, but specifically those in high traffic areas that you know you'll backtrack to. in dead-end rooms in which you've already cleared, it's not necessary

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How often should I torch dead zombies to avoid those Crimson heads?

The areas you see yourself running through fairly often are the best to get. I mainly clear out the ones around save rooms to make it less of a hassle getting around.

Dai101

Banned
These dawgs are murkin' my bitch ass. Just used three defense items outside of the waterfall. ;_;

Thank you all for your responses! I got it now -- just forgot how to get to B1 of the Courtyard. Appreciate the help! ^_^ Also, Dai101, I just stopped the waterfall from flowing; can't remember how far that exactly is from the end of the game, but there ya go!

Overall you're bout the second third of the game. Also that means you're about to go down to the caves and
You're not arachnophobic and also to meet Liza again.

7:30 first run not bad.

I saved Chris, and he was there when we got to the chopper, but he wasn't in the chopper at the end. What did I mess up?

Going for 100% room/item completion on my first run. So far I've cleared everything in the mansion, dormitory, and tunnels-- but there's still red on where the elevator near the kitchen is. What's up with that?

Haroldo

is aiming the shotty upwards as a zombie gets within like a foot of you a guaranteed headshot everytime?

seems like it

maybe 90% of the time...
I remember one occurrence where I went for the headshot with the shotgun at point blank and the zombie just took the damage but stayed alive and grabbed me since I was very close

Rean

So I just got to the room where the
big plant is in the residence and I'm curious if you have to kill it or get the volt first.

90% of the time. Is not a guaranted decapitation anymore. Is a one hit kill? Always.

you sure about that? i just put 2 shells right in a zombie's dome and he was still standing. took 3 shots, point blank, aiming up

big plant is in the residence and I'm curious if you have to kill it or get the volt first.

i think
you can do either or, but you can save a lot of ammo and health items by solving the puzzles to make the v-jolt

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Going for 100% room/item completion on my first run. So far I've cleared everything in the mansion, dormitory, and tunnels-- but there's still red on where the elevator near the kitchen is. What's up with that?

I think it's impossible to actually do this on the first run since you can't access a room without the closet key used to change costumes.

FLD

Finished my first run earlier tonight.

It was my first time playing REmake and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The first few hours were a bit rough and I actually restarted once but overall it was a really satisfying experience. Now give REmake 2, Capcom!
Also Zero and Code Veronica X

I should really go back to FFXIII so that I can get it over with and play XIII-2 before Lightning Returns comes out, but fuck it, I'm doing a Chris run now. :D

Dai101

Banned
you sure about that? i just put 2 shells right in a zombie's dome and he was still standing. took 3 shots, point blank, aiming up

i think
you can do either or, but you can save a lot of ammo and health items by solving the puzzles to make the v-jolt

I stand corrected then.

It depends.

As Jill it's optional, getting V-Jolt completly skips the proper boss fight.

As Chris it depends on whether you saved Richard from the poison.

If you did, you HAVE to fight it the old fashioned way.

If you didn't Rebecca will appear and you mix V-Jolt as her. You'll still have to fight the plant but it's weakend.

Astral

I just started my Chris playthrough and I surprised myself at how much faster I'm getting through it. I saved right before the fight with Yawn and I'm only at 3 saves compared to like 10 or more with Jill. I'm not sure what my time is but it feels a little less than an hour. Not the best I'm sure but I'm getting better. Rebecca's a cutie.

Skullface

Thing that scared the shit out of me was that I did not realize crimson heads
got back up after you killed them again.
I burnt them for good measure. I don't recall that happening in the original REmake, but then again it has been awhile.

Hahaha, I hear you man. For some reason I thought that crimson heads replaced hunters in this game. So my thinking was that I wouldn't have to worry about them until I came back to the mansion. Imagine my face when I get the opportunity to burn my 5-6th zombie after a healthy amount of back tracking and he gets up to rush me. Fuck. Once I laid him back out I went to burn him for good measure, assuming that they'd probably get back up at some point. I've been playing this game once a day since it came out and I haven't even encountered Rebecca ;_;

Haroldo

To me it seems more like a 50% chance. I must be doing something wrong then.

hhhmmm...interesting
well truth to be told in my playthroughs of REmake I always favored the Handgun against zombies (to me burning them isn't too mush of an ordeal) and the shotgun against Cerberus, Hunters and
Chimeras
so maybe I can be wrong regarding the headshot ratio...

Rean

It depends.

As Jill it's optional, getting V-Jolt completly skips the proper boss fight.

As Chris it depends on whether you saved Richard from the poison.

If you did, you HAVE to fight it the old fashioned way.

If you didn't Rebecca will appear and you mix V-Jolt as her. You'll still have to fight the plant but it's weakend.
Okay thanks, I wasn't so sure because I searched all over the
residence for other jars
so I could make it.

re the shotgun

are you lot playing on normal?

a wimp like me is playing on easy and thus it seems almost guaranteed to decapitate

Yeah, I'm playing on normal. It really does seem like a 50% chance and on top of that, sometimes regular zombies take 2 shotgun shots from up close. Makes sense though, if the shotgun, aimed upwards, was a 100% headshot guarantee like in all the other RE's it would make things too easy.

Top Bottom