• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Cudder

Ugh I seem to be stuck. :/ I have gone everywhere I can with the helmet key and have one stone and metal emblem and one metal emblem ( I don't remember needing to find a stone ring to go around the emblem all those years ago). Every room on my map is green and I just can't think of what I am missing. I might be taking a little break while trying to come up with an answer.

Side note: It feels like I have over 15 hours already on this playthrough going so slow lmao

Edit: Thanks msdstc I might reveal that spoiler if I can't come up with anything, but I really want to come up with the answer on my own if I can. I just needed a bit of a vent as I spent an hour re-exploring places I knew did not contain the answer.

I think what you need to do is use the
crank on the outdoor pool to fill it up again, so you can go behind the waterfall.

I was stuck for a while here too.

Grief.exe

Apparently you need 100% all items taken in each of the rooms if the Steam achievement guide is right. So you have to go through the entire map making sure all rooms are "grey" instead of Red. I gotta do the lab later today to see if that's right since earlier today I went through the rest of the map clearing out the red I had.

Oh, then I wasn't even close. Attempting a speed run with for my second play through now, so will have to try again later.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Soooo anyone have a white border in their game on PC? I don't understand, it says it's full screen but I get this damn border around the game window.

i think jill is a bit tougher to play as now that i think about it. takes more damage = need more healing items + the lighter taking up an inventory spot kind of negates the extra two spaces.

Dai101

Banned
i think jill is a bit tougher to play as now that i think about it. takes more damage = need more healing items + the lighter taking up an inventory spot kind of negates the extra two spaces.

But you also don't need to pick small keys, you've the riot shotgun earlier, the grenade launcher and also you can get the regular shotgun without the broken one. No need to fight
Plant 42
either. Hell, you only need the lighter a few times and then you can discard it.

Hmmm, I think most people will disagree with you.

Getting the shotgun and grenade launcher early pretty much means that as long as you reserve pistol ammo for zombies, you got some serious arsenal for anything that serves as a threat.

As far as lighter goes, the assault shotgun takes out crimsons up close with one shot even on normal mode. So you don't need to worry about burning zombies, you're shotgun is the new lighter.

And as for hunters and bosses, you got the grenade launcher and magnum ammo.

Chris was always the original Hard mode for the game. Jill gets a grenade launcher and has a lockpick to bypass a lot of running around.

That clear out and cover the entire map trophy is fucking stupid.

The concept of skill is even more applied to players who don't need to pick up every herb like a little bitch. Especially with a limited inventory system? But to get this trophy now you have to?

Seriously games need a dedicated game designer just to handle the concept of making intelligent trophies.

Original controls. Only way to play it.

New controls makes things harder. I don't get why people don't understand this.

Using new controls, camera angle changes, you fuck up your directions = get bit by zombie.

Using new controls, you round a corner too fast before you can hear or see the zombie = get bit by zombie

So what are most people using? The tank controls or the new ones?

For my first two playthroughs (Jill Normal 100%, Chris Very Easy Knife Only) I used classic Type E. Then my R2 button started sticking so I used alternate type E for my Jill Real Survival playthrough. Alternate fucking sucks because you're fucked if you get up close to an enemy at a camera transition point. Anyway, I switched to classic type A for my last two playthroughs (Chris Very Easy Invisible Enemies no saves, Jill Normal sub-three hour speed run).

New controls makes things harder. I don't get why people don't understand this.

Using new controls, camera angle changes, you fuck up your directions = get bit by zombie.

Using new controls, you round a corner too fast before you can hear or see the zombie = get bit by zombie

Wrong:
GgSy7ka.gif

And you should never run blindly around corners with any difficulty or control method (unless you know enemy locations of course).

As for your trophy complaint, do it on your Real Survival run. You'll be needing those herbs. ;)

Xaekid

So I downloaded the game a week ago, been playing it pretty much most of the week.

Today I get this:

1Ef5rTQ.jpg

Anybody else playing on PS3 heard or experienced about corruption issues?

EDIT: I quit the game and started it again, it works but it sucks because I lost my run (was hoping to finish the game without saving.)

I was right outside the mansion, had just solved the weathervane puzzle and clicked the doors to the graveyard area.

Wrong:
GgSy7ka.gif

And you should never run blindly around corners with any difficulty or control method (unless you know enemy locations of course).

As for your trophy complaint, do it on your Real Survival run. You'll be needing those herbs. ;)

That's one of the easiest zombies in the game to dodge. They should have picked a more difficult room.

Seriously, the alternate controls gave me so much trouble. I took a ton of hits on Real Survival due to sudden camera changes fucking me over. Probably more than my tank control runs.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hmmm, I think most people will disagree with you.

Getting the shotgun and grenade launcher early pretty much means that as long as you reserve pistol ammo for zombies, you got some serious arsenal for anything that serves as a threat.

As far as lighter goes, the assault shotgun takes out crimsons up close with one shot even on normal mode. So you don't need to worry about burning zombies, you're shotgun is the new lighter.

And as for hunters and bosses, you got the grenade launcher and magnum ammo.

Also worth mentioning that the incendiary rounds can just bypass crimson heads altogether.

Wrong:
GgSy7ka.gif

If you actually look at that gif., the zombie whiffed before the player even began the juke. The zombie essentially becomes harmless when it's recovering from it's grab, even if you run straight through it.

And yeah, I do notice on real survivor with Chris item pick ups are a lot more rare.

But considering you have to plan much more in order to properly organize what you put into what safe box, having to lug around some bullshit blue herb is pretty annoying.

Astral

Ok so I unlocked One Dangerous Zombie mode and apparently it's permanent? How do I play with all the stuff I unlocked without having to deal with Forest?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How do I get good at dodging zombies?

Maybe make a save and just experiment around.

The easiest thing to do is get somewhat close, walk forward then back so their lunge misses, then run past. It's not too hard to get the timing down.

I've seen that there are issues with some of the music in the game sounding wrong, seemingly being played back at a higher speed than intended. Has this issue been fixed, officially or unofficially? If not, has there been any word from Capcom on it? I really want to buy this, but watching gameplay footage and hearing how awfully distorted the music sounds shut me down hard.

How do I get good at dodging zombies?

They are harder to dodge in this remake compared to the pre-remake tank control RE games. Especially since they can somewhat turn and lunge here.

Basically the best way to do it for me anyway, is to lure them to one side of say a hall, while backing up, then run forward at an angle. This is of course for zombies smack in the middle of where I'm trying to run.

Might get caught sometimes but zombie dodging is just one of those things you pick up as you memorize/remember where some zombies are placed through the game.

Also did a playthrough on the new movement system... what a bastardized way to play this haha. Also shows exactly why I hate 3D controls in fixed camera angle, sometimes it switches and boom have to reorient yourself in a super awkward movement.

Dai101

Banned
Dodging z's 101:

1. Run towards the zombie
  2. As soon as you gonna face it start taping down, your character will begin to step back
  3. As soon as the zombie lounges towards you he'll be helpless, you just run past him

Coda

Wrong:
GgSy7ka.gif

Haha I just noticed this when playing with the analog stick. It definitely gets you out of sticky situations because running becomes so flawless with no button. Def looks weird as hell though and I don't know how I feel about it. Definitely ruins some of the tension for sure.

Grief.exe

There is actually a massive difficulty bump between easy and normal.

Maybe make a save and just experiment around.

The easiest thing to do is get somewhat close, walk forward then back so their lunge misses, then run past. It's not too hard to get the timing down.

They are harder to dodge in this remake compared to the pre-remake tank control RE games. Especially since they can somewhat turn and lunge here.

Basically the best way to do it for me anyway, is to lure them to one side of say a hall, while backing up, then run forward at an angle. This is of course for zombies smack in the middle of where I'm trying to run.

Might get caught sometimes but zombie dodging is just one of those things you pick up as you memorize/remember where some zombies are placed through the game.

Also did a playthrough on the new movement system... what a bastardized way to play this haha. Also shows exactly why I hate 3D controls in fixed camera angle, sometimes it switches and boom have to reorient yourself in a super awkward movement.

Dodging z's 101:

1. Run towards the zombie
  2. As soon as you gonna face it start taping down, your character will begin to step back
  3. As soon as the zombie lounges towards you he'll be helpless, you just run past him

Thanks for the advice guys. Playing Normal with Chris, I need to save a lot of ammo.

This is weird. I just bought the game on Steam, installed it, played for a bit just to check it out before bed.

I closed it out, tried rebooting it again, and I get nothing but a black screen after the Capcom logo appears. It was just working fine a second ago.

Do I need to reinstall?

Finished my "take my time and get re-acquainted with the game" run and am about to start speed runnin'. Any advice on this with trophy collection in mind? I'm not sure if I want to tackle the under three hours trophy on hard mode or not. What would be the most efficient route? I need to finish the game with Chris, beat under 3/5 hours (but if I'm going for beat under 5, may as well beat under 3 to kill two birds with one metal object), and so on and it feels like an overwhelming decision to make.

Is it crazy to attempt the under 3 hours on hard mode? There's also real survivor and invisible enemy mode that I don't know anything about or how to even unlock them. Any advice would be great.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Wrong:
GgSy7ka.gif

That zombie lunges and misses before the player even moves.

I like the alternate controls. I don't get all the hate. It makes transitions a little harder if anything, but I like being able to move in the direction that I'm pressing the analog stick. Eternal Darkness played like this back in the day and it's a super fun survival horror game.

Is there something wrong with mashing to push enemies off of you in this version? It seems like no matter what I press they always deal the maximum amount of damage. I loaded up the gamecube version just to compare it and was pretty easily able to get them off of me.

Not much of an issue thanks to defensive items. I mainly noticed it when a cerberus latched onto my arm.

So, should I clear out the 3 zombies by the save spot near the staircase? The one downstairs by the save door and the two upstairs? Also, the two near the other save spot on the left side of the map?

olimpia84

So what are the difficulties available from the get go? I chose the one in the middle thinking it would be Normal but apparently it's easy? (PS4 version)

Top Bottom