• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

This is weird. I just bought the game on Steam, installed it, played for a bit just to check it out before bed.

I closed it out, tried rebooting it again, and I get nothing but a black screen after the Capcom logo appears. It was just working fine a second ago.

Do I need to reinstall?

Any solution to this? Just uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing. Black screen after the Capcom logo.

Which is SO weird because it was JUST working last night. What the heck??

I didn't really leave the underground area with any new item that would help me progress. I started to remember from my playthrough as Chris, that I probably was supposed to get that ring that you put around the umbrella symbol for the door under the stairs...

The ladder out of the area only takes you to the cabin you first meet her in. The same place you get the Square Crank. Simply go back down the ladder and retrieve the metal stone piece. There's even a storage box at the top of the ladder.

Finally got the plat!

PyI28VJ.jpg

Xl1odtf.jpg

Coda

The moment you get the shotgun, the game becomes so much better. Crimson heads can go to hell once you have it.

Lothar

Banned
Is there a mod for putting the original music back in the game too? There's too much silence in the house now. The original basement theme and the creepy revised mansion themes are really missed.

Jawmuncher

Is there a mod for putting the original music back in the game too? There's too much silence in the house now. The original basement theme and the creepy revised mansion themes are really missed.

Yeah the game was a bit too quiet aside from the save room really. However I want the directors cut basement theme. So bad it's good now.

Kuraudo

Banned
Um, just finished the game with Jill, but didn't get the 100% map cheevo, it's at 99% according to the achievement screen. Hm, weird, I even looked through my map extensive and everything, all areas green. Oh well, going to start again with Chris and maybe manage to do it there.

Also, I forget, do you get weapons for beating it the first time?

I don't know for sure, but the game might count the costume room even though you can't unlock it yet, so you can't get 100% map completion the first time through.

Replaying from my last save, I retried doing the final bit and this time I got Every Nook and Cranny. I'm fairly certain the one thing I had somehow missed was collecting the map on B2. So yeah, totally doable on a first play.
Another thing to look for is
after the first Tyrant fight in the lab, check the body opposite Barry. he holds a report. I don't remember picking it yesterday.

I also realized we didn't get the Wesker Reports in the western versions. :(

I don't know for sure, but the game might count the costume room even though you can't unlock it yet, so you can't get 100% map completion the first time through.

No, the costume room doesn't count. We were wondering about that yesterday when I missed the trophy but it's definitely not that.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Honestly I'm not sure I trust Capcom to do a resident evil 2 remake now. This one was done by Mikami. A resident evil 2 remake today would be made by the Capcom that gave us RE5 and 6.

Agreed. I'd be genuinely worried it would be a F2P episodic game or something. I wouldn't put it past them.

master15

I just bet the game earlier today. Played on normal and initially did encounter a lot more depths than I can remember in my original play through.

Still an amazing game but I have to say once you conqueror the mansion for the first time it's never quite the same. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the Gamecube version came on 2 disks and I remember I had a save right near the end before the 3 minute counter starts going and I would use that to revisit and go through all of the previous environments.
Of course there would be a stray Hunter or zombie here or there but the it was largely empty and just let me soak in the atmosphere.

Will have to do a play through with Chris. Question how much more difficult is hard compared to normal?

Does anyone know if they have patched the frame pacing issues in the PS4 version? I would prefer to get it on PS4 vs. the Xbox. Mostly for nostalgic reasons.

Thanks.

LegendX48

How difficult is invisible enemy mode? Is there a difficulty select?

yeah, you can still choose difficulties with it. As for how hard it is... its pretty much as tough as you'd expect. Auto aim is turned off and every single enemy, bosses included, are invisible.... Yep, should be fun :3

Anung

Un Rama
Just got past Neptune on Real Survivor mode. Not finding it too difficult really. I just unequipped weapons unless I really need them (bosses, hunters) and just run around regular zombies. The unlinked chests can be a bit stressful. I think once I've beat Yawn 2 I'll be on the home stretch.

Menome

At the rate I'm going, I'd be surprised at a sub-20 hour playthrough. Four or five hours in and I finally got the Armour Key.

I just seem to have completely lost my mansion-memory from the good old days.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Guys I suck at this game. I emptied an entire clip in the first zombie before it died :lol. I'm gonna have a great time, haven't played old school RE since I played the second on PSX

Just finished my second run, tried to get under 5 hours for the pistol unlock, got 4:55:51!

How on earth do people finish this in less then 3 hours? I was really running through

Dai101

Banned
At the rate I'm going, I'd be surprised at a sub-20 hour playthrough. Four or five hours in and I finally got the Armour Key.

I just seem to have completely lost my mansion-memory from the good old days.

If you only played the OG on PSX is understandable.

Danielsan

Just finished my second play through of the game. About 2,5 hours quicker than my initial Chris run. I think this is the first time that I finished the game with Jill.

ukoK9HK.jpg

I think I'm done with the game for now. I might return to it later this year to try a knife only or a speed run.

Astral

After finally killing the stupid Crimson Head Elder in my knife only run I fucking broke that doorknob near the eastern save room because I wanted to save due to being in danger. Now I have to go through 3 or 4 zombies in a narrow as fuck hallway without so much as getting touched in order to leave the mansion.

After finally killing the stupid Crimson Head Elder in my knife only run I fucking broke that doorknob near the eastern save room because I wanted to save due to being in danger. Now I have to go through 3 or 4 zombies in a narrow as fuck hallway without so much as getting touched in order to leave the mansion.

Managed to kill him too. Had to look up how to do it. :p

Were you slashing at his head? That does more damage,and if you walk forward after you shake off his grab, you can get two swipes.

Astral

Managed to kill him too. Had to look up how to do it. :p

Were you slashing at his head? That does more damage,and if you walk forward after you shake off his grab, you can get two swipes.

I switched controls to alternate so I could circle around him and swipe at his feet each time he missed since it has more range. I finally got out of the mansion too. The rest of the game should be a breeze.

L.O.R.D

just logged at RE.net to see some stuff and saw this

4Il8Ze8.jpg

this was my reaction

How+About+No.jpg

i saw some of members here did that

but ,,,, HOW ?

how you gonna kill the snake using only the knife ?

how you gonna kill a hunter ?
or how you gonna beat the final boss ( the second time with there is a timer ) ?

Astral

4Il8Ze8.jpg

this was my reaction

How+About+No.jpg

but ,,,, HOW ?

or how you gonna beat the final boss ( the second time with there is a timer ) ?

You can play on Very Easy. For Yawn you just have to follow his tail and cut it. Hunters are stupid and sometimes just stand there so you can just run past them. The final boss can be skipped if you don't save anyone.

You can just bail the first encounter with yawn, and just run past hunters and zombies. You can get the bad ending, and not have to fight tyrant on the helipad.

Dai101

Banned

4Il8Ze8.jpg

this was my reaction

How+About+No.jpg

but ,,,, HOW ?

There's only 3/4 enemies (including bosses) that you absolutely have to kill to keep going on. Also, you can play in lol-mode and go for the bad ending.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Knife only sounds great because it just means I can run past enemies and not have to fucking manage ammo.

I believe having defense items will ruin it so you'll probably get banged up more.

But it's mostly offset by being able to do it on very easy.

So I just finished up there and holy hell that was great. Enjoyed the whole ride. Ended up finishing it with Jill on normal at around 9 hours.

I posted a couple times before in the thread about how difficult the first few hours were for me and whether I should just switch to easy but I did eventually manage to get the hang of things. I had a TON of unused healing items by the end.

I regret being such an ammo hog though. I fought
Tyrant with like 18 revolver bullets which made it kind of an anti-climactic fight
. The only time I let loose was just going on a grenade launcher rampage once
the hunters came into the mansion. I cleared the lot of em out cause fuck them

As most people already know in here, the game holds up incredibly well. I had friends over during the week who commented on how amazing it looked. One refused to believe it was 13 years old.

I have one last random question:

I never cleared the room with the chessboard and the gramaphone. Is there something to it or did I just miss an item?

HF2014

Wondering something. I just got that, and one little thing that annoy me a bit is the panning camera. Is there a way to turn that off?

I had started yet another less than 3 hour run attempt.... does the gametime stop if I have the game paused to anyone's knowledge? I have to step away for a few minutes beyond my control...

Astral

I had started yet another less than 3 hour run attempt.... does the gametime stop if I have the game paused to anyone's knowledge? I have to step away for a few minutes beyond my control...

It doesn't stop unless you're opening the door. Use that time to do what you gotta do lol.

Top Bottom