• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Skullface

I really want to see an update on her police uniform someday, always been my favorite extra costume.

Ohhhh man. I wish there were pretty cops in miniskirts walking the beat in my city. TFW it'll never happen ;_;

KyleCross

So yeah, here's the stupid little video I made of putting RE1 dialogue with REmaster footage. Of course I found out about the mod while making it so I didn't perfect it nor will do the whole game like I planned. I'm actually relieved, as this turns out to be harder than expected. Sorry for the sloppyness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvynoKOT_8

Yeah, I got the one you mentioned, but
aren't there three? Including one behind the waterfall in the courtyard? Or am I misremembering?

1 is in the mansion specifically the tiger statue room and the rest are at the Laboratory. Laboratory Stairway - Laboratory B2 and Visual Data Room - Laboratory B2

Curufinwe

So I'm just finishing the second part mansion. I have all the key items and am ready to move on to the altar room. Should I backtrack to the courtyard now to get the other MO disk? Or will I need to go back in that direction any way? Also, I dun goofed and didn't realize there was a more powerful shotgun in the shark tank if you save Richard. Is it worth it for me to go back and snatch it up?

I missed it, too. I'm in the mines now so I think I'll go back and get it.

http://www.evilresource.com/resident-evil-remake/weaponry/assault-shotgun#chris

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Resident Evil 6 being a pile of shit made me - and others - appreciate Resident Evil 5 a lot more.

Except that RE6 is not a pile of shit and is actually a great game once you figure out how its combat system works. Intersecting campaigns with others online is also one of the most unique online features of last gen.

Except that RE6 is not a pile of shit and is actually a great game once you figure out how its combat system works. Intersecting campaigns with others online is also one of the most unique online features of last gen.

literally the only thing good in re6 are the base gameplay mechanics

everything else is horrible

Jawmuncher

Yeah PS3 is the way to go, just grab the RE6 anthology for really cheap these days and you'll have all the mainline RE games in one package.

468px-Ps3anthology.jpg

Yeah that's rare now. I made the mistake of getting the 360 collection over the PS3 and now I can't get it new without the mark up to it.

TheBlueRogue

Neo Member
REmake is one of my favorite games of all time so this Remaster playthrough has been an absolute blast so far. Jill/Normal/Type B and I just hit the Caves at the end of my first session.

One observation I wanna point out: Did anyone else notice how when you enter the circular walkway room of the Aqua Ring for the first time (the one where you see the POV Shark cutscene). How there is frantic music that fades in really late? There is no music while you're running along the curved walkway dodging sharks, but then it quickly fades in right when you ascend the stairs into the control room. It always felt weird to me because shouldn't the music fade in once you take control of your character? This issue was present in the GC version and I always thought it was a bug, the fact it wasn't correct in the REmaster makes it feel like it's intentional. Always felt weird to me!

Jawmuncher

to be honest, all the drop kicks, suplexes, power bombs, round house kicks, flash kicks and so one, is way I can't stand 4, 5, 6 and revelations.

imo it is just stupid, that the characters are able to do these moves.

I wish I could do all those moves in revelations. The charge punches suck for everyone. They're action games and everyone you play as is a veteran so it never felt to odd for me. Would be different if we were seeing these moves in REmake

AkuMifune

Banned
REmake is one of my favorite games of all time so this Remaster playthrough has been an absolute blast so far. Jill/Normal/Type B and I just hit the Caves at the end of my first session.

One observation I wanna point out: Did anyone else notice how when you enter the circular walkway room of the Aqua Ring for the first time (the one where you see the POV Shark cutscene). How there is frantic music that fades in really late? There is no music while you're running along the curved walkway dodging sharks, but then it quickly fades in right when you ascend the stairs into the control room. It always felt weird to me because shouldn't the music fade in once you take control of your character? This issue was present in the GC version and I always thought it was a bug, the fact it wasn't correct in the REmaster makes it feel like it's intentional. Always felt weird to me!

Funny, was at that part last night and wondered why they had the music kick in by the time most people reach the door. Heh. Yeah, should start sooner.

Another little thing is the door in the main hallway where you put the stone & metal objects. If you haven't tried opening it yet they act like it's the first time you've seen it, even after placing the objects on the door. Yeah we know it's a creepy door, we have the keys don't we?

Randam

I wish I could do all those moves in revelations. The charge punches suck for everyone. They're action games and everyone you play as is a veteran so it never felt to odd for me. Would be different if we were seeing these moves in REmake

veterans of what?
marshal arts?

it does make as much sense in re 4, 5 and 6 as it would make in REmake.

no matter what special forces unit you serve(d) in, you aren't delivering such moves.

Jawmuncher

veterans of what?
marshal arts?

no matter what special forces unit you serve(d) in, you aren't delivering such moves.

Was mainly saying the gameplay more so. The way you play REmake I can't see being able to do those moves. While in the newer games it doesn't seem that out of place.

You don't need to strafe. The controls and camera are a perfect match for the enemies you encounter. But there's a dozen RE4 threads on GAF where you can read why people like it so much.

It just feels so wrong that you can't strafe, especially for just moving around the environment outside of combat. I tried playing with a controller and KBM and both just feel wrong, especially when you try to move the mouse to turn but only the camera shifts - sort of.

ArjanN

veterans of what?
marshal arts?

It's a video game though.

About fighting zombies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
They're not Resident Evil, but I don't think they suck. If they suck, so does RE4. I personally don't see the dip in quality from 4 to 5.

I think theres a pretty big dip in quality when comparing 4's campaign to 6's campaigns.

veterans of what?
marshal arts?

In RE4 onward the characters are action movie stars. In the original games they're survivors in a zombie outbreak.

I think theres a pretty big dip in quality when comparing 4's campaign to 6's campaigns.

In RE4 onward the characters are action movie stars. In the original games they're survivors in a zombie outbreak.

The action movie style kind if started earlier Though with the cutscenes from code veronica

I think most would take a return to the RE4 stle of action with horror elements. Like the evil within

Randam

Why is it stupid?

because noone pulls of those moves like that.

I know, it is a videogame and I know it even has zombies, something that isn't real, but for me RE was always a kind a realistic franchise, at least in the way the characters are designed and shown.

It's a video game though.

About fighting zombies.

just because one aspect is unrealistic, doesn't mean everything else gets a free pass too.

just like when talking about mgs: the twin snakes:

- snake riding a rocket is stupid.
- the game has a boss that can read your mind. that isn't realistic too.

derp..

joe2187

Banned
Yeah that's rare now. I made the mistake of getting the 360 collection over the PS3 and now I can't get it new without the mark up to it.

I've seen like a hundred of the PS3 versions at an outlet store selling for $15 each, guess thats just near me.

The also had a ton of the SSF4 Statue LE's for $40

Astral

RE5 has some damn good segments like the Lickers and the first two Wesker fights but everything else is vastly inferior to RE4 imo and that just left a bad taste in my mouth. RE6 has an overall shit campaign but the combat mechanics were awesome. Performing a DDT on a zombie was fun as fuck. I like the action superstar role the characters took. If the game had a better campaign I would've actually liked it. For RE7, I'd like a return to its roots. I'd like the same atmosphere and tension as REmake but with more updated controls for the campaign (nothing too crazy) and the crazy-ass shit you see in RE6 for the Mercenaries mode.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If I kill them after they turn Crimson, will they stay dead for good?

You really don't want to be getting to the stage where you have to kill a lot of them, it could make the game a right pain in the arse for you. IIRC they are roughly as dangerous as a hunter, so keep them to an absolute minimum.

Arkanius

You really don't want to be getting to the stage where you have to kill a lot of them, it could make the game a right pain in the arse for you. IIRC they are roughly as dangerous as a hunter, so keep them to an absolute minimum.

I have a corridor where I have 3.
I killed every zombie in a corridor until now :(
Only dead end rooms have I skipped them

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I have a corridor where I have 3.
I killed every zombie in a corridor until now :(
Only dead end rooms have I skipped them

Depending on how far you are into the game you may have to kill them. You will have to backtrack in the mansion for almost the entire game.

Markitron

Just got the first mask and finally discarded the Shield key.

Bite the bullet and just kill them then, and don't kill any zombie's in any major locations unless you have your lighter and kerosene.

Arkanius

I'm not getting the Paiting room puzzle. I remember the Playstation one being different.

And no one explains the rationale online :(

Top Bottom